Sex= The ultimate goal?

Started by DiscoveringEzra, July 07, 2013, 11:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoveringEzra

Is is me or has a sexual encounter become the primary goal for Adult Rping now? I had a request on another site that has a 17 yr old advanced student in collage. He's one of those kids that skipped several grades in highschool and is now in his 3 yr of collage. ( Got the inspo from one of the girls i ate lunch with in highschool she was 16 and already a senior) Because of this he is picked on and basically bullied and taken advantage up academically by his "friends". I haven't gotten far in the rp (4 replies) but the jist is that he meet a person who wants to be his friend just to be his friend. In the request i put a warning for the bullying , and possible violence and what have you and at the end I placed this is a Rp about true friendship, love , and finding happiness. Post.

I get a Violation warning stating "All characters Must be 18 or older". No problem. I don't mind that , because this is an Adult and Mature site, but I just wanted to reread the rules  in case I was mistaken on what I thought was the age rule and violated it truly ,I wasn't. It basically stated that any characters involved in a Mature, Sexual, or Erotic Rp must be 18 or older.

I brought that to the Admins attention and that the Rp that I requested did not fall into either of them unless they considered Bullying and Violence to be a Mature subject matter.

Quote"You were seeking for "real friendship, love" in your request thread as well which means erotic content will happen at one point. Then the charas have to be 18+ no matter what. Not to mention that college usually is already a setting with 18+ charas."
Is what I got back.

So what your saying is that if any Rp has real friendship and Love (Not lust mind you) in it ,it will automatically default to hopping in the sheets with their significant other?

Has sex become the primary goal in these Adult Groups now? because the one I was at before it was just a bunch of adults Rping stories and games with subject matter that a kid wouldn't be able to understand.  (I rp modern life stories alot.) And one Rp I'm doing with a friend; Our character still haven had sex even though we've been going at it for 4 years.

Edit: I'm Now pretty sure I'm in the totally wrong area to post this. I could use some help.
Why I suck - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152540.0
My o/o's and Players - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=139223.0
My Plays and ideas - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=178979.0
"I have too much imagination to just be one gender” - Erika Linder

I have taken an indefinite hiatus due to complete computer shutdown, and is still in limbo until I can get another. Sorry.

Inkidu

Well, sex is a big aspect of romantic love. It shouldn't be the aspect, but I imagine the site might be playing it rather safe than sorry.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

See, that's one of the nice things about having the Non-Adult Sandbox here.  You start an RP out there, and no one questions whether 'oh my god, your below-the-limit character is going to get into shota/lolicon.'  You can even move it into an appropriate adult section once your character ages to the magic threshold.

The description sounds more like philia love than érōs love - expecting a certain amount of give-and-take in a friendship.  Philos denoted a general type of love, used for love between family, between friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, as well as between lovers.  [cribbed from Wikipedia, because the wording is better than my own.]

Besides, did nobody on that forum ever watch Doogie Howser, M.D.?  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

DiscoveringEzra

No 1 Loved Doogie Howser lol  No 2. Lolicon and shotacon makes me feel weird,and not in a good way.  But they might want to add a Non-Adult area there's only so much sex I can take before I want to shut down my plays for a bit. I think I will suggest it, unless that would seem too intrusive.

Yes, it could be a big aspect, but only if you make it, specially with teens. I think I'm just more miffed that It was just implied that they were going to have sex because they may start to love one another. Plus I was more leaning towards just a friendship between the two, because to me it would be more meaningful that way. Oh well.

I have taken an indefinite hiatus due to complete computer shutdown, and is still in limbo until I can get another. Sorry.

Oniya

I figured you were at least familiar with the concept, from your anecdote about your high-school friend.  :-)  I probably should have said 'no one on that admin team.'

I feel the same way about loli/shota - and that's one of the many other things I like about E. 

Love does not equal sex.  Never has.  I love my friends.  I love my parents.  I love my siblings.  Even being in love doesn't equal sex.  I doubt you will find anyone who would say that Romeo and Juliet were not in love.  Sex?  Not there.  (Mutual suicide, but that's another thing entirely and doesn't equate to love or sex.)  People fall in love all the time in Disney flicks (and not just the animated ones).  Sex?  Not there.  Big celebration, 'happily ever after', cut to credits.  You could assume that sex might happen later - but it's not there in the story, and they remain perfectly appropriate for the under-13 set.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2013, 11:46:30 AM
See, that's one of the nice things about having the Non-Adult Sandbox here.  You start an RP out there, and no one questions whether 'oh my god, your below-the-limit character is going to get into shota/lolicon.'  You can even move it into an appropriate adult section once your character ages to the magic threshold.

The description sounds more like philia love than érōs love - expecting a certain amount of give-and-take in a friendship.  Philos denoted a general type of love, used for love between family, between friends, a desire or enjoyment of an activity, as well as between lovers.  [cribbed from Wikipedia, because the wording is better than my own.]

Besides, did nobody on that forum ever watch Doogie Howser, M.D.?  ;D
I always use romantic and platonic. Romantic has the distinct possibility of sex, platonic is non-sexual (originally between a student and his or her teacher like Plato and Socrates, Plato-nic. Get it? ;D

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

DiscoveringEzra

Quoteoriginally between a student and his or her teacher like Plato and Socrates, Plato-nic. Get it?

Haha I see what you did there

I wouldn't have thought to use the word, because I really don't use it in my vocab a lot. Well maybe its my fault that I didn't specify what I was looking for as well as I thought I did. I changed the age and left it at that, because I really like the site and have a few good partners that I'm trying to befriend (Platonically lol)

Oniya

Possibly including 'THERE WILL BE NO SEX IN THIS RP' in the request is the easiest way to go about it.  ;D  Doesn't require any knowledge of the classics - like Plato, Socrates, or Doogie Howser.

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2013, 12:53:46 PM
Possibly including 'THERE WILL BE NO SEX IN THIS RP' in the request is the easiest way to go about it.  ;D  Doesn't require any knowledge of the classics - like Plato, Socrates, or Doogie Howser.
I *heart* you so much right now, Oniya. :'D

That was so funny.

DiscoveringEzra

Ikr the humor is just so amazing, I wish I could give away cookies. 

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2013, 12:26:34 PM
Even being in love doesn't equal sex.  I doubt you will find anyone who would say that Romeo and Juliet were not in love.  Sex?  Not there.  (Mutual suicide, but that's another thing entirely and doesn't equate to love or sex.)

*dives in, hand upraised*

Ooh ooh, me! I would!

No, seriously. Going against all rational decision-making and turning your family upside down just so you can have the chance to kill yourself with a pretty girl? That's not love. Psychosis, maybe, but not love.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sara Nilsson

had the same thing happen, despite being really clear there was to be no sex... still got told.. has to be 18+

*sighs*

and yes, it seems that everyone assumes there will be lots of hot sex, on page one. and if there isnt they get all annoyed. what.. me bitter? naaaah. I am just royally tired of being told.. by non mods that I am breaking a rule.. when I am not.

Chris Brady

Sex is not the goal for me.  Sex is part of the journey.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

windstar

Quote from: Oniya on July 07, 2013, 12:26:34 PM
Even being in love doesn't equal sex.  I doubt you will find anyone who would say that Romeo and Juliet were not in love.  Sex?  Not there.  (Mutual suicide, but that's another thing entirely and doesn't equate to love or sex.)

While they don't have sex 'on screen', they're passionately in love and they do spend the night in bed together on the day before their wedding. They also marry in secret, which would imply consummation. None of that necessarily means they hooked up, but it would definitely be a valid reading of the text.

As for your problem, I'd say just include a disclaimer that 'minors will never be involved, present, or mentioned in any sexual scene', or if you want to deal with mature themes (bullying, violence, etc.) that don't include sex, something like: 'this RP will include no sexual scenes'. You might still get told no, which is unfortunate, but sites need to protect themselves legally - and no minors in adult roleplays is part of that.

Chris Brady

Also, remember, back in the day that this play was popular, they WERE of age.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 29, 2013, 09:10:14 PM
Also, remember, back in the day that this play was popular, they WERE of age.

I never said that they weren't - only that Shakespeare didn't write in a sex scene, despite them 'being in love'.  ;D  I could have gone the other direction and said that there were no sex scenes in 'On Golden Pond', but Henry Fonda and Katherine Hepburn's characters were still in love.