Why the hate for Simon Cowell? o.o

Started by Sabby, September 06, 2011, 09:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I didn't really know who he was... I only knew the name, and that people hated him. He's supposed to be the Gordon Ramsay of music, foul mouthed, abusive, and made to destroy people and soak up all the hate from the audiance. I watched some X-Factor on Youtube, mostly for the tantrums, and I finally realized that Simon was in this! And... now I'm confused.

He was never mean or out of line o.o if anything, he was constructive but blunt, he was always fair and didn't shy away from telling the kids that they were out of tune or something, and ya may say "Oh! Well that's enough for people to hate him" but no, ALL of the judges were like that :/ everyone was critical and blunt, if anything, he only barely spoke the most, and when he did throw in a little remark, it was because the people on stage were being absolute dicks.

ABLISA - X FACTOR - PUNCH UP 2010 - HQ video

See? He handled himself very well there, and he was being given so much fuel :/ I just don't get where this representation of him being Satan comes from.

Slaven

He's really not that bad at all, especially on X-Factor. All the hate comes from his days on American Idol for being overly harsh and nit-picky when he didn't have to be. That said, I always thought he was the heart of American Idol and this year it felt like a different show because he wasn't on it. The voice of reason left.
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

CmdrRenegade

It's less a problem with Simon Cowell and more with how these shows work.  They will often send untalented people to the highest so that they'll be torn apart by him and the other judges so the audience can get a cheap buzz of schadenfreude when they are crushed and humiliated on stage.  Personally, I think these shows are sick.  Building up someone's dream only to dash it like that doesn't make one a 'dispenser of common sense' so much as it makes one an awful human being with no sense of empathy. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Vergil Tanner

Renegade is kinda right. These shows not only showcase "Talent" that people can rip apart to make themselves feel good about themselves, but also makes it seem like talent is cheap; the winners invariably go on to become one-hit wonders that all sound the same, especially if Cowell is in charge of them. He looks for the next fifteen-minuter, drains all he can from one or two albums, then chucks them away for the next big thing. Girls Aloud was an exception to the rule, but considering how many of these people have one single or album and then disappear, they are a large exception...and they were managed by Louis, not Simon. I also think that Simon is so far up himself that his head is in the same place; I was watching Britains Got Talent because the three judges for the auditions were people I like; Michael McIntyre, The Hoff and...somebody else... (lol) and they were funny and got what the show was about; talent, and not taking themselves too seriously. Every act they let through, I thought "Yes! That is entertaining! Let them through!" Simon comes back and says "Oh, these people don't know what they're talking about, some of the people they've let through! Ugh!" And I'm sitting there going...you really don't understand that this isn't meant to be a serious show. It's meant to be entertaining, not serious. And that's why I dislike him; not only does he flood the music industry with one-hit wonders who are all repeats of each other, he is also arrogant, pretentious and takes himself far too seriously. That's just my opinion, though.
Oh, I'm Vergil Tanner. Nice to meet you :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.