Balancing School with E

Started by Desan, March 16, 2009, 08:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desan

Being back at school is sweet yet bitter in a sense to me. Of course I'm enjoying the college life, the people, the social and cultural aspects etc. however, trying to balance school work and fun at college in-itself is something I'm still getting a feel for. Especially when I just got back from vacation and trying to put back on the working face. There is only 6 weeks left of school till final exams. Though that might seem like a lot of time, it really isn't. Not with my schedule, I expect for these next weeks to fly by.

For example, for the rest of this semester I'm working with a junior and his production team to work on a short film for his advanced cinema studies. Though I'm no where close to being in the same class, I'm just doing it to get more hands on experience in something I might be looking into as a career. Equally as time consuming is a news show I work on for our universities news website. We have our own t.v studio and every other thursday I go in and work with the equipment (lighting, audio, cameras, switcher, prompt etc...) to make sure the show rolls on smoothly.

I love it. I love getting more experience and working with equipment in both areas. Film/Editing/T.V Production is something I am really looking into as a possible career and I hope with all of the things I'm doing this semester (and hopefully continue to do so the following semesters), will further support my interest in those fields. However, with that said, working in those fieleds plus studying/doing homework plus taking some down time to chill with friends and hang out really takes its toll on me in terms of being active on the forums here at E.

When I was accepted into this wonderful community back in the beginning of December, I had all the time in the world (also helped I had to withdraw from fall semester due to medical condition...so I already wasn't doing much at the time I signed up...) to post, create and join games, and bounce around the forums. It sucked to have to go back to school and watch it cut a lot of my time here. I know college is important and fun, but it sucks to see it take up so much time. I guess that once I begin to  establish a rhythm (again...) I'll be able to start designating what days I have most of the time to myself to work on replies. It's hard when every week is different from the next (in terms of what needs to be done, what exams/quizzes I have, film/t.v work to do etc)

I know a lot of people here on E have to balance work and family as well as doing their own games. How do you guys do it? Is it easy to sit down during the weekend and just reply to as many games as you can? Or do you try to spread out your replies during the week? When did you finally find your rhythm? For those in school and are partaking in games here, how do you balance school and E?
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.