What was the first movie you saw in a theatre?

Started by Lancis, July 03, 2005, 04:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancis

Speaking of movies...

What was the first movie you ever saw in a movie theatre?

For me it was Walt DIsney's "Song of the South"
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

Lirliel

Erm.. I think it was actually Walt Disney's the Lion King and I remember I cried
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lancis

*immediately feels old* lol

Song of the South is originally from 1946 but was updated in 72 and i saw it in the theatre asome years later before disney pulled it as a matinee!

but considering that the Lion King was 1994 you must have had a sheltered life there liriel :)

Lirliel

Hmmm just never had a movie going experience, was usually watching video tapes at home. Now I am a movie going gall, maybe one of the few who would rather go to the movies then to some club to dance with a bunch of drunk guys.. but hey that's just me ;)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lancis

i dont drink, only go to clubs to sing Kareoke, but movie going is awesome :)

just recently went to Batman Begins

Lirliel

Me I'm going to War of the Worlds next saturday, last movie I saw in the theatre was Sin City, which btw Rocked!

Hmm... gruesome dismembering of Elijah Wood.. *Drools*.. die Frodo die.. woops, did that come out that loud. *Whistles and skips away*

Lancis

*gets the barricades and police to cover Liriels escape* LOL

havent seen war yet but will i am sure.

Lirliel

Eta incoming tripod: 1 second *Loud crashes sounds in the distance, then frantic screams as the police get wasted* I Just love having extra-terrestrials as friends ^_^

Lancis

glad that this is in off topic as we didnt stay on topic for very long! lol

Humble Scribe

Hmm. First movie I ever saw. I may be wrong, but I think it was some dreadful 70s sci-fi thing called Battle Between the Planets or something like that. It was utterly pants.
I consumed a lot of bad Fantasy and SF films in those days (hey, I was only 11...)
Hawk The Slayer
Saturn 3

And then came Star Wars, and that was the first film I remember that completely blew me away.

Scribe.
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Lancis

first movie that blew me away in Theatres was E.T.! :)

Natalie C. Barney

I remember this I was thirteen, has my first menses and my mother took me on a Woman's Day to see my first rated R movie, Queen Margot, a foreign film with subtitles. It was so neat we had dinner at a fancy Italian Restaurant with LINEN napkins, had my first glass of wine and got to dress up. My father even got us corsages I felt all grown up.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Brandon

I think the first movie I ever saw in the theater was Transformers but I could be wrong.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Moridin

The first movie I remember seeing in theaters was Empire Strikes Back, at a drive in.
Straight male.  As long as its within the rules of the forum, and doesn't involve fire, I'll try it once.

Vandren

To be honest, I'm not sure what my first movie in the theaters was.  But, the earliest two I can remember are:

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

and

The Last Emperor (I distinctly remember this one because I'd just gotten back from China soon before it came out and remember standing in or seeing all the Forbidden City rooms that were used in the movie)

The most recent two were:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith (yesterday)

and

Batman Begins (last weekend)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Amberghylles

The first movie I can remember seeing in a theater was "Wizards" 

I was wee little (I think like 5 or 6), and only there because my parents couldn't get a babysitter, but it stuck with me to this day.