Recruitment Closed: Shadowrun 4e: Heavy Metal King

Started by NotoriusBEN, May 09, 2010, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Hey, you aren't going to hear me complaining.  I LOVE most of the girls that you've picked out for pictures for your character.

Speaking of, I need to find my own picture...

NotoriusBEN

darn it, Im in a hotel right now so I can't consult Street Magic D:

Well~ that's the geas you chose for Timbre, Kuno. Im going to say no to air guitar. While you may have to sing, nothing says you have to sing *loudly* does it?

Kunoichi

xD I know.  I was more asking because I liked the mental image, rather than out of any desire for stealth.  Crazy elven mage strumming her air guitar and knocking out the guard is just a hilarious picture to me.

I own Street Magic, so if you want to consult something, I'd be happy to help out. ^^

Opheliac

I just picked up the Shadowrun 4 books (Dont ask me how. >.> cough), and Im currently going through it right now. I'll post a character soon.

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^ The sample Street Samurai in the main rulebook might be a good guideline for you to work off of.

NotoriusBEN

ReijiTabibito

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Hacker!

*Name: Allen MacNeil
*Street Name: The Hacking Hammer (Hammer for short)
*Metatype: Human

*Condition Monitor
-P [][][][][][][][][]
-S [][][][][][][][][][]

*Body: 3
*Agility: 3
*Reaction: 3 (5)
*Strength: 3
*Charisma: 3
*Intuition: 4
*Logic: 5
*Willpower: 4

*Essence: 3
*Initiative: 7 (9)
*Initiative Passes: 1 (3)
*Matrix Initiative: 9
*Matrix Initiative Passes: 3/2 (AR/VR)
*Edge: 2

*Qualities:
Analytical Mind
Codeslinger
Deep Cover
Dependents II (10 BP)
Records on File
SINner
Spirit Bane

*Active Skills:
~[Log] Electronics 4~
-Computer
-Data Search
-Hardware
-Software
[Log] Cybercombat 5
[Log] Hacking 5 (+2 Exploit)
[Agi] Pistols 4
[Agi] Infiltration 3
[Int] Perception 3
[Log] Electronic Warfare 2
[Agi] Longarms 2 (+2 Shotgun)
[React] Dodge 1
[Cha] Etiquette 1
[React] Pilot Ground Craft 1

*Knowledge Skills (27 free SP)
~Street Knowledge [Int]~
Seattle Area Knowledge 4
~Professional Knowledge [Log]~
Corp. Security Tactics 4
Lone Star Procedures 4
Matrix Security 4
Security Design 4 (+2 Matrix)
Security Procedures 4
~Interests [Int]~
Club Music 2 (+2 Electro-Pop)

*Language Skills:
English N

*Contacts
~‘Twitch’~
-Hacker
-Connection 4
-Loyalty 4
~Jones~
-Fixer
-Connection 3
-Loyalty 2

*Gear

~Weapons~
Fichetti Security 600 (1 Spare Clip; 120 rounds)
Beretta 101T (3 Spare Clips; 120 rounds)
Cavalier Deputy (3 Speedloaders; 90 rounds)
Morrissey Alta (2 Spare Clips; 120 rounds; Silencer)
Defiance T-250 (50 rounds; 50 Stick-n-Shock; Sling)
Hidden Gun Arm Slide

~Armor~
Form-Fitting Body Armor Full-Body Suit (6 Ballistic/2 Body)

~Vehicles~
Suzuki Mirage (Handling +2; Accel 20/50; Speed 200; Pilot 1; Body 6; Armor 4; Sensor 1)

~Commlinks~
Primary Commlink: Hermes Ikon (Response 5, Signal 5)
-Upgraded Response and Signal
-Operating System: Firewall 5, System 5
-Common Use Programs: Analyze, Browse, Command, Edit, Encrypt, Scan (Rating 5)
-Hacking Programs: Armor, Attack, Biofeedback Filters, Black Hammer, Data Bomb, Decrypt, Defuse, Exploit, Medic, Sniffer, Spoof, Stealth, Track (Rating 5)

Secondary Commlink: Hermes Ikon (Response 5, Signal 3)
-Upgraded Response
-Operating System: Firewall 5, System 5
-Common Use Programs: Analyze, Browse, Command, Edit, Encrypt, Scan (Rating 5)
-Hacking Programs: Armor, Attack, Biofeedback Filters, Black Hammer, Data Bomb, Decrypt, Defuse, Exploit, Medic, Sniffer, Spoof, Stealth, Track (Rating 4)

~Matrix Gear~
AR Gloves (2x)
Sim Module (2x)
Trodes (2x)

~Cyberware~
Rating 2 Wired Reflexes

~Other Gear~
Goggles (Thermographic Vision, Vision Magnification, Vision Enhancement Rating 2)
Certified Platinum Credstick
Certified Gold Credstick
Certified Silver Credstick (2x)
Rating 4 Fake SIN (Mark Gibbs, Private Investigator)
Rating 4 Fake Driver’s License
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Beretta 101T)
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Fichetti Security 600)
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Cavalier Deputy)
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Morrissey Alta)
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Defiance T-250)
Rating 4 Fake SIN (J. Michael McGee, Freelance Programmer)
Rating 4 Fake Driver’s License
Rating 4 Fake Weapons License (Beretta 101T)
Shop (Hardware Skill)
Light Stick (6x)
Rating 2 Cellular Glove Molder
Rating 4 Keycard Copier

Advanced Lifestyle: 6 Months
-Comforts: Low
-Entertainment: Low
-Necessities: Low
-Neighborhood: Low
-Security: Medium
-Positive Qualities:
  -Workplace
-Negative Qualities:
  -Crash Pad
  -Green Plan
Dependent Paid For

EDIT:  Oops...looks like I got Logic & Intuition flipped around...  >_<

Kunoichi

Hmm.

Reiji, did you remember to get Operating Systems for your commlinks?  They should be listed, but I don't see them on your character writeup...

ReijiTabibito

Ah, yes, I did.  And the Operating Systems that you see in the books (like the Novatech Navi, for instance) are just program suites of a System and a Firewall program, at a reduced cost.  I've got them.  Lemme just add them in...

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^ Looks like you've got a pretty good Hacker character, then.

Now then, I guess I should make Timbre's introductory post...

ReijiTabibito

He's one of the best, for a starter.  His nickname is 'The Hammer' because he beats his opponents into submission, typically with, you guessed it, a Black Hammer program.

Woe to the Hacker in Hot-Sim who meets him...

Kunoichi

Oh, it doesn't even require Hot-Sim, actually.  Even Cold, Black Hammer drags them into Hot, kicking and screaming. ^^

Which means said hacker had better hope he has a good Biofeedback Filter program...

AllieCat

ReijiTabibito

And the crazy part is...in AR, at Meat-speed, he's just as fast as he would be plugged into a full Hot-Sim.  So, he can hit you with a Black Hammer, and avoid yours, since he's not in VR.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

Yoko.  Niiiiiiice.  ^_~

Hikari

I'm working on a Gunslinger (Girl) Adept since Alley Kat seems to have the heavy combat samurai angle covered.  I've still got to put on the finishing touches (the endless equipment list, ugh; maybe I'll just be chronically underequipped and call it a day!), but unfortunately I'm about to go on a 12-hour shift, so it'll be a while.

The basic premise, though, is pretty simple: massive agility, improved ability: pistols, reflexes, ambidexterity, and the Firefight martial arts style.  Less QQ, more pew-pew.  The character was raised by members of a Nichiren (a Buddhist denomination that believes the world will ultimately be thrown into an unprecedented conflict that will scour the globe and pave the way for universal and eternal peace) conspiracy scattered through Japanese megacorps and politics, mistakenly believed to be an outlier to the Imperial line due to the physical expression of her albinism.  The sect broke ways over Saito's failed California campaign and the events of the Crash, and she ended up drifting into the corporate world where the unique skillset of a post-modern militant monk has few outlets.

Nicknamed "Reaper" (often with an amusing derogatory preceding or following, such as "Little Reaper" or "Reaper the Kid") because of the black cloak she favors to combat her extreme sunlight sensitivity, she's an artist whose masterpiece is a carnage-strewn battlefield; an akimbo assassin who weaves through firefights with a pistol in each hand, defying all the traditions and common sense of combat with firearms in favor of a dazzling, madcap style.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

Kunoichi

Ooh, sounds like quite the flavorful description. ^^

Opheliac

Sweet Jeebus. So, with a bunch of quick reading, 2 DIFFERENT character creators working in tandem (One was great for skills and qualities, but shit tastic for gear and cyberware... The second was great for gear, but lack luster on explaining what was what!), and then piecemealing this together.... I give you, Aisha!

[Character Sheet removed, edited, and reposted into a new post]

Kunoichi

Nice character. ^^

Would you be open to any mechanical suggestions, or are you satisfied with her as she is?

Opheliac

Suggest away! I will always listen to advice, however implentation of said advice is solely up to the whims of whosawhatsits.

Kunoichi

Alright.  In that case, the first thing that leaps out at me is that you don't seem to have a commlink. ^^; Additionally, your light military armor is something that you won't exactly be able to wear while out on the street, and it's likely to draw undue attention on most runs.  If you still want to keep it around, then it's great to have as an ace in the hole if things go wrong, but for the most part, you'll want a more normal set of armor for everyday work and missions.  The basic armor jacket can be pretty good for those purposes.

For your qualities, Uncouth is generally thought of as a pretty terrible negative quality to take because, in addition to making you useless in social situations, it causes you to automatically fail opposed intimidate checks when someone is trying to intimidate you.  You can get the same general effect without being really easy to intimidate by taking the Incompetent flaw for each of the four skills in the Influence group, instead.  It'll even be worth the same about of BP. ^^

For your skills, rather than taking the firearms group at 3, it might be better to focus on one or two skills from it, and instead get them up to 4 or 5.  You also seem to be trying to go in a few too many directions at once with your skills, when it might be better to specialize a bit more.

The Radar Sensor was definitely a good choice, though. ;D

Opheliac

Ah, I didnt know that about Uncouth. I'll change that immediately.

I have a commlink dear. Its built into my head. :P Commlink head implant with datajack port. Its in my cyberware section. The AR glove is so I can point and manipulate stuff in it.

I took the Firearms group because I need Longarms for the Sniper and shotgun modes of the XM30, Automatics for the Assault Rifle and Carbine modes, and Heavy for LMG and grenade. It seemed to be the cheapest route to cover what I needed. Heavy isnt a part of it, so I had to take that on the side, but pistols lets me use my backup sidearm, so....

I wanted the demolitions because that fit my character concept theme, and Armorer (Explosives) lets me make my own kaboomies.

Blades (Cyber implants) because the Urban Kshatriya suite comes with a cyber stabby on each forearm.

Athletics group because I want a basic knowledge of that stuff too. Climbing, running, jumping, tomfoolery.

Kunoichi

Ah.  I missed out on that. ^^;  Any particular reason for having an implanted commlink over a normal one, though?  It's more expensive and uses up essence that you could put to use for some other piece of useful cyberware, if you so chose.

Now that I've got my books open, the Urban Kshatriya suite isn't exactly all that useful to you, either.  The Reaction Enhancer doesn't stack with your Wired Reflexes, the biomonitor with autoinjector is only good for getting you addicted to combat drugs, and the cyberspurs are basically bringing a knife to a gun-fight.  Cybereyes are always a useful enhancement, though, and the muscle replacement is pretty good, too.

You could probably get the alphaware version of the Lone Star SWAT suite, instead, then put the money you saved into alphaware versions of some of your other implants, pick up some Muscle Replacement, and use the BP you got back from that Restricted Gear quality to improve your skills a bit more, if you wanted.  The description for Lone Star SWAT says that similar suites are used in military units, so it even fits in with your character's backstory. ^^

Edit: Or, actually, rather than putting the 5 BP from Restricted Gear into your skills, you'd probably get the quality Restricted Gear (HK XM30), because that gun is availability 15, and you're only normally allowed up to 12 at the start of the game. ^^;

Opheliac

I was thinking about that, but the Lone star one only has plastic bone lacing, and it doesnt have tricked out eyes.

Kunoichi

It does have tricked-out eyes, actually, just not tricked-out cybereyes.  Instead, Thermographic Vision, Flare Compensation, and a Smartlink are built right into the eyes themselves.

As for plastic bone lacing, it does have the benefit of not setting off metal detectors. ;) Combine it with rating 2 Dermal Plating, and you'll be almost as difficult to kill for the same amount of essence and significantly less money.

Plus, you can always upgrade during the game itself...

Opheliac

Hmm, Actually, for the same essence, I can remove the suite period, add the Cybereyes Rating 3 and trick it out completely, and Muscle Replacement Rating 2 (alpha) and Dermal Plating 1 (alpha), but I have to make the bone lacing and radar sweeper alpha too. I dropped the internal commlink because youre right. Its just meh.

And as a side note, the char generator says Reaction Enhancers stack. Double checked it in the book... The programs wrong.

EDIT: Replaced the sheet up above with the edited one.

EDIT 2: I just read Wired Reflexes, which states the only thing it stacks with is Reaction Enhancers. It is very specific. XD Oh well. Im out of essence. XD