Sith. (Star Wars - Old Republic) [EX] [Seeking misc players]

Started by Karma, June 20, 2009, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Word has reached the Korriban Sith Elders that an ancient, abandoned Old Sith stronghold has been discovered in the Unknown Regions by the exploration party sent to track Revan after he vanished. It is now 100 years since that legendary Jedi-turned-Sith-turned-Jedi vanished, and only now has anything been found in his wake. Progress has been limited mostly by the fact that the Regions are uncharted, hence their name, and so it takes long periods to chart safe paths through the gravity fields. This discovery is momentous, as intact remnants of their culture are few and far between, and this stronghold is almost entirely intact, though left for what seem to be thousands of years to stand against the elements.

The Korriban Academy decides to send a second party to the station, this time a group more geared towards combat than scientific exploration. After all, the Old Sith were well known to lay traps behind when they left a place, including Force Elementals, battle droids, and other more nightmarish creations. The extent of their power had never been adequately understood, as so little remained of them. Finally the Empire would be able to experience a taste of what wickedness awaited them.

All was not well, however. The rival Malachor Academy, established on Andoran Prime and named in honor of Darth Traya's lost school, intercepted the message in their own way. They immediately sent out a team of their own, with both teams arriving at roughly the same time.

For 100 years, the school silently built up its member and powers, experimenting with an untapped, at least by mainstream Sith, area of Force Powers: Force Sorcery. Sorcery was an ancient art, only hinted at by Old Sith remnants, but the headmaster at Malachor mysteriously seemed to have discovered the secret, one he shared in small doses with his followers, encouraging them to experiment in their own ways and discover for themselves. An extremely diverse Force culture emerged from his example, resembling the Force Mages of old, relying on incantations to invoke their new powers. Sorcery allowed a far more powerful exertion of the Force, but at the cost of much higher rates of exhaustion, and was prone to backfires and unexpected results.

The Malachor and Korriban academies have rapidly forged a violent, hateful rivalry since almost immediately after the Malachor school emerged. Students at both are ordered to kill on sight any member of the other school that has been positively identified. There are no rules to their conflict, no limits of what can and should be done. It is a murderous cycle, one so violent that the still-recovering Jedi order is, for now, staying completely away.

This game is not meant to be your run-of-the-mill universe exploration that is most Star Wars roleplays. I intend this to be a vicious game, with each character having their own particular motivations and opinions, and not simple "representations," if you get my meaning. Even though there are "teams" and "allies," each Sith will be Sith indeed, and thus not beholden to friendships and other "Jedi ideals." Sith do what is necessary to survive, to increase in strength, to be the best.

This is to be a literate game, complete with detail and internal dialogue where relevant. It should be as psychological as it is violent. I don't want one-line posts unless it's necessary, I don't want responses that don't accomplish something whether it be plot-wise or character-development-wise. This game will run in EX, in two threads to start - one for Malachor and one for Korriban. I will NPC and create settings as necessary, as well as play the Korriban teacher, Aurelia Carlani. My character is at this link: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=23468.msg1627116#msg1627116 I'll modify the format to suit this game and repost it here soon. 

Korriban
Teacher: Aurelia Carlani (Karma)
Student: Tatin Velandros (TBB)
Student: Kawan Madavoan (Will1984)
Student: Taishari (Eden) On Hiatus
Pilot: Sera (Moon and Star)
Open for more roles

Malachor
Teacher: Darth Simetra (Mnemaxa)
Student: Damiana (Trippingsatyr)
Student: Xollen (LadySky)
Student: Rax Vidanes (Aiden)
Sith Laboratory: H8 DR01B (The Great Triangle)
Open for more roles

Additional roles may open as necessary. Please PM character concepts, but game discussion can take place here.

Will

Sign me up.  I have a character as well, and I also need to poke and prod him a little.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

LadySky

I am signing up most definitly! I need to create a character however so here I go! *runs off to slap Muse awake and start creating*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

PhantomPistoleer

Karma, a question: 

How will you differentiate in power level?  My main issue with Sith-related games is that they become pissing contests.  Will there be a system backbone to this?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

I can't manage systems, and it always drags a game to a screeching halt. I both expect and will enforce reasonability. This is part of what I meant when I said it needs to be a literate game - fights are NOT to be contests. They are to be part of the narrative. Everyone needs to understand this ahead of time.

Mnemaxa

I will put in a vote to join as a member of the Malachor cult - er, academy, as the teacher.  I'll put something interesting up and give some basic guidelines as to how the Malachorians practice their force arts later. 

I just finished reading Path of Destruction, where Darth Bane get's his start and discovers Darth Revan's ancient teachings.....Evil is fun.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Making it official that Max is Malachor's teacher. Trip has joined us as well as a Malachor student.

The Great Triangle

Any room in the game for a psychotic sith holocron put into a medical droid? 

(I'm thinking teaching Sith Alchemy, kitbashed from a TDL series nanny droid and a surgeon bot, possibly either mounted on rails in its classroom area (possibly in the ceiling)  or walking on spider legs.)

The game is set after Ulic Qel-Droma turned to the dark side by Sith poison, right? 

Assuming that stuff has happened, my character would have a Krath Holocron at its core, its primary personality being Aleema Keto, a formidable Sith sorceress.  However, the holocron also contains the personality of Satal Keto, Aleema's cousin and partner in founding the Krath.  The two bitterly hate each other, and the holocron occasionally argues with itself.  The holocron is wired into the positronic brain of the droid, but the personality of the droid also come through.  Its combined construction gives it the personalities of a fourth degree medical droid (programmed to triage and torture rather than save lives at all costs) and a third degree nanny droid.  The personality of the nanny droid peroidically kicks in, causing the schitzophrenic droid particularly bad personality fluctuations.

The Sith would tear the droid to scrap, but the Krath holocron was damaged in the past and the droid is the only means of interact with it.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

That's a solid alternate character plan, Triangle, as usual. ^w^ Which school did you intend?

The Great Triangle

Whichever school can host a big underground 6 level cybernetics facility/indoctrination plant strapped to the side.  If the school I'm at doesn't have someone who practices dark genesis or certain applications of vitality drain, my character will likely also be the infirmary as well.  Torture teacher goes with the territory when you're doing that, of course.

A droid can't grant Sith Lord status, of course, but the tasks the droid gives to its apprentices often lead to the acquisition of Sith Lord status.  (Its favored final exams are to either kidnap a Jedi and turn him or her to the dark side through torture, sith poison, and surgery, or to bring someone that the apprentice truly loves into the factory and have the apprentice torture that person until he or she becomes psychologically indistinguishable from a pleasure droid.)

Ons and Offs

For the sake of balance, it makes sense to have your character be with Malachor, as Aurelia's fleshcrafting can be applied to others as well (but only via contact) making her a healer in a pinch.

The Baron

I am so very interested in playing this role. I love Star Wars, LOVE the Old Republic, and love the idea of what happened with Revan's excursion.  I'd like to play as a student in the Korriban Academy if that's alright. But I understand if I need to get a character sheet done first and am working on that presently.

Looking forward to this.

Welcome, TBB!

Small clarification on Malachor's Sith Sorcery: it's meant to be a Force-based analogue to incantation and ritual styled high fantasy magic. So, when in doubt, treat it that way.

The Great Triangle

Works for me.  My character inhabits an old pre cataclysm war droid plant, converted into an infirmary and Sith labrotory.  It's quite possibly the best equipped Sith Alchemical lab in the galaxy, aside from Exar Kun's pyramid and eventually Palpatine's Empalsurecon.  (the facility where Darth Vader had his cybernetic prosthetics applied) 

The factory was connected to an old mine, and heavily fortified against bombardment.  The mine brought minerals to the factory, and the factory pumped out war droids.  The mine is a prison now, but the factory is still a factory.  The entire facility has a massive internal rail network, which can carry equipment and patient beds from room to room or level to level.  Sections of the facility resemble the stroggification plant from Quake 4.  (video reference: Quake 4 becoming a strogg)  The main function of the lower levels is to bring in prisoners, and pump out fanatically loyal Sith Soldiers.  Some might say that the top three levels perform the same purpose. 

Level 4 is a manufacturing plant for cybernetic limbs, and remains about the same as it was during the factory days.  A two level droid reprogramming lab is also housed on this level, and used to modify droids.  One of the Krath Holocron's favorite droid modifications is to modify a pleasure droid to feel pain and constantly withold consent.  (It contends that this results in signifigantly more stress relief than an obedient and subservient pleasure droid, though it regrets it hasn't quite developed a way for a droid to convincingly cry.)  Level 5 is the main infirmary, and houses a signifigant number of brain dead and sedated individuals, likely awaiting processing for some experiment.  Finally, level 6 is the classroom section and research lab.  It contains a cloning center annex, used mostly to create replacement organs and members, as well as a small chemical plant for producing the more complex sith toxins.  Less complex but more volitile compounds are created at the prison complex fifty kilometers to the west of the the factory.  The two are connected by an underground tram.

Ons and Offs

The Baron

Posted my character sheet in my O/O thread. If you could look over it, Karma, I'd appreciate it. :)

LadySky

If you could sign me on as a student at Malachor I would be delighted! Getting my character going now!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Hehe, I'm glad the Malachor idea has caught on!

The Baron

Psssh hokie sorceries are no match for a lightsaber at your side.

Look out, TBB! They might use the "Klaatu Verata Nikto" spell on you!

The Baron

If they survive long enough against my blade. ^.^

Will

Quote from: Karma on June 22, 2009, 10:02:43 PM
Look out, TBB! They might use the "Klaatu Verata Nikto" spell on you!

Bwahahaha
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

The Great Triangle

The dark side is an ascetic practice, make no mistake.  To find power and freedom, you must relinquish all personal posessions, all desire for petty wealth.  A true Sith needs only his hate to make his way in the universe.  Hate can turn the fluids of the body into potent poisons.  Hate can turn a filthy tenement into an army at your beck and call. 

As ruler of Empress Teta, I made the mistake of letting avarice get in the way of my pursuit of power.  That is why I stand before you now, your humble servant, instead of crushing your mother's throat before you could claw your way from her womb.  Yes, even in your birth you felt hate, the passion that makes one strong.  No being can live without it.  Any attempt to deny the hate inside each one of us in favor of some illusionary "serenity" is not merely a lie, but a concious attempt to take away the power that is your right.

A Sith has his tools, but he is not defined by them.  While our hated jedi order might think their lighsaber is an extension of the self, we Sith know that the power is in the warrior, not in the blade.  Over the next twelve weeks, I will harden your bodies, introduce you to pain beyond your wildest nightmares, show you your greatest fears.  Though you study now to learn the tools of the Sith, you will not become Sith Lords by simply having those tools.  No...  You will become the rightful Lords of the galaxy when, and only when, you can seperate your ambition and your greed, when the tools are means to an end, rather than an end in themselves.

-Krath Holocron, 1st year, lecture 1; Introduction to Sith Artifice

Ons and Offs