INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofDelusions

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 04:42:02 PM

ofDelusions: Char looks fine...but it looks like you got quite a lot throwing skills selected. Did not master thrower get only 3 total? Plus some quick draw feat and evasion (and something else). May be wrong but I will check complete warrior again later on.

Only Palm throw, Sneaky Shot and Weak spot are chosen from that list. Might be that the way I listed them is bit confusing ^^

Though I had forgotten two of the ability increases...

Zaer Darkwail

Also a question; one player has asked me could we use pathfinder feat progression while flaws are banned? What this means exactly? Well, you would gain feat each pairless level. So let's see normal feat progress first;

1st, 3th, 6th, 9th and 12th. So five bonus feats minus race and class bonuses. Now next comes pathfinder progress.

1st, 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th. So six feats and the level/time when you gain your bonus feats would change.

So put it on vote which one folks prefer? In longer run pathfinder will give bit more feats but not too much and the levels when they are distributed changes.

ulthakptah

I wouldn't mind feats like pathfinder. I also wouldn't mind if open lock and disable device were the same skill either like in pathfinder.

ofDelusions

*hissess because of personal dislike of pathfinder*

Well, more feats is more feats, so I am fine either way.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ulthakptah on October 04, 2011, 03:17:25 AM
I wouldn't mind feats like pathfinder. I also wouldn't mind if open lock and disable device were the same skill either like in pathfinder.

Considering we use 3.5 DnD amount of skill points I would avoid make the game take too much elements from pathfinder but the extra feats would help meet some PrC requirements in 5th level example. But as said this is on vote and if majority wants them I will apply this ruling in first page.

ofDelusions

Shan'sail The spy

Appearance:

At first Shan'sail appears humble, submissive, and softspoken. So weak by Drow standards. This is like Shan'sail wants it, as being continously underestimated is wat has allowed her climb from lowborn to a head spy of house [what ever house takes her?]. She has great liking to expensive clothing and

Bio: Originally a fourth child of a lowborn mistress of a brothel, Shan'sail has raisen to her position through combination of vigorous backstabbing, spying and whispering her secrets to the right ears. Even though she likes to flaunt her current station over other lowborn, she is painfully aware that she is still no true noble, and the moment her matron considerers her no longer to be useful, she will be reduced to a plaything of witch ever noble that has taken fancy of her. If she is lucky.

Thats why she has made it her top priority to never ever be considered useless and so she is ready to fight tooth and nail for which ever scrab of information or secret that might please her matron.

Zaer Darkwail

So, is your charsheet done then ofDelusions? Also any matron mother wants this spy mistress or shall I randomly roll where she goes?

Zaer Darkwail

Also explain to me Craven and Death's ruin? Also a question; would it not be cheaper for you go have cloak of elvenkind than have it as armor bonus the +5 to hide?

ofDelusions

Craven: from champions of ruin. -2 to will saves against fear, +1 Damage per level to sneak attack.

Death's ruin: From Complete champion. Replaces trapsense. Allows sneak attacks against undead (though only half the normal sneak attack dice).

Cloak of Elvenkind most likely wouldn't stack with Hat of anonymity (Both are competence bonus I think?) while shadowsilk is untyped.

And yes, I think I am done ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, thanks for explaining. I will roll you randomly one the three houses in a sec...

Zaer Darkwail

At 2011-10-04 05:07:35, Zaer Darkwail (uid: 14) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

So you go to the Lice-Drilloth (if no other matron makes grabs and calls on you aggressive fashion). I try recruit to all three houses closely egual number of people in the start so no house feels left out. That's why Lice-drilloth had biggest chance to be the house where you go as it has most least number of members in it atm.

ofDelusions

esclavage

Well, I think a spymaster would fit really well into the theme of d'Szeossen especially since she is not highborn. But I also realize that I have the most members of the House.  So I think it will ne also just as fun if Lird'yl attempts to recruit said spymaster.  Perhaps it can be part of the cold war tensions that d'Szeossen and Lice-Drilloth have since I know Lird'yl would be jealous that despite being the top House for spying and information gathering that the best spy is under another House banner.   ;D

That or murdering her.  A way of saying 'If I can't have her, no one can.'. Though it isn't anything personal.   O:)

Also while I do like the idea of more feats, I am a bit reluctant to start straying from 3.5.  After all, when any character is made you won't be able to have everything that you want.  So I would say stick with the 3.5 feat progression.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

ofDelusions

Quote from: esclavage on October 04, 2011, 06:12:39 AM
Well, I think a spymaster would fit really well into the theme of d'Szeossen especially since she is not highborn. But I also realize that I have the most members of the House.  So I think it will ne also just as fun if Lird'yl attempts to recruit said spymaster.  Perhaps it can be part of the cold war tensions that d'Szeossen and Lice-Drilloth have since I know Lird'yl would be jealous that despite being the top House for spying and information gathering that the best spy is under another House banner.   ;D

That or murdering her.  A way of saying 'If I can't have her, no one can.'. Though it isn't anything personal.   O:)

Or kidnapping her and enslaving her? We turned your spymaster into common slave would send quite a message, dont you think?

*cough*

esclavage

That also sounds like a delicious idea and d'Szeossen are particularly oriented to slaving operations.  But like any good spy, I am sure yours won't be so easy to acquire.  So we may just aee how that particular idea will play out.  Though of she does get caught attempting to steal secrets from d'Szeossen, we'll just say that her fate will be something they whisper about in the coming centuries.   ;D

Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, that is also possible kidnap or capture her and let house mage from d'Szeossen (whom we have agreed in PM's works closely in slave trade's training and breaking business) have some fun with her with some spell use and toys he crafts for the house d'Szeossen  >:).

As said active kidnapping does not occur if somehow our spy mistress does not announce her presence too much in underworld where information gathering is done quite heavily by d'Szeossen. I thinked ofc it was natural for spymaster to be in d'Szeossen but also thinked why not give all best bullets and guns to single house? So I spread talent around to make recruiting plots ;).

ofDelusions

All lovely ideas :D

I was just mainly thinking that if someone tries to remove Shan'sail from active service to her house and succeeds, I'd prefer not to have her just die :P

esclavage

Agreed and understandable.  Fortunately, that won't be too hard to roleplay if it ever became an issue.  Lird'yl, like many of ky more dominant characters exhibits a sadistic streak a mile wide.  So slavery and daily humiliations are something she likes to visit upon defeated foes.  Just ask a few members of the House Shi'quos though none are currently available to talk.

They're...occupied...with other things.  >:)   ;D

Oh, and for a bit of backstory it could be that Lird'yl made an offer to Shan'sail to join House d'Szeossen but she opted to go with Lice-Drilloth since I would think they are probably the most outright 'powerful' House at the moment with Lloth showing the most favor to them due to their intense fanaticism.  Of course, this is me just brainstorming as a writer so I'll only act like this is canon, official story is everyone else likes it.

Karasu

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2011, 03:07:28 AM
Also a question; one player has asked me could we use pathfinder feat progression while flaws are banned? What this means exactly? Well, you would gain feat each pairless level. So let's see normal feat progress first;

1st, 3th, 6th, 9th and 12th. So five bonus feats minus race and class bonuses. Now next comes pathfinder progress.

1st, 3th, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th. So six feats and the level/time when you gain your bonus feats would change.

So put it on vote which one folks prefer? In longer run pathfinder will give bit more feats but not too much and the levels when they are distributed changes.

I'm for pathfinder progression!
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Krayz

I vote against Pathfinder progression.

I just think it's better to (mostly) stick with one system, for the sake of consistency.

Zaer Darkwail

2-3 votes against pathfinder feat progress.

3-4 votes for pathfinder feat progress (counting in the player who desires the pathfinder feats and who has not yet posted).

I count ofDelusions vote in both.

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

3-4 votes against pathfinder feat progress.

3-4 votes for pathfinder feat progress (counting in the player who desires the pathfinder feats and who has not yet posted).

So even score now. Now two votes either direction decides the scale.

ofDelusions