Stage School (Takarazuka style) Interest check.

Started by Chrystal, January 02, 2012, 05:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

The Takarazuka Revue is a Japanese theatre with a difference.

All the parts are played by women.

Amazon brought this to my attention, and I suggested it might make a decent group game, so here we are.

The basic idea is that we have a girl's school in Japan where students are divided up into two groups. Half are taught to be girls, and the other half are taught to be boys. Both halves are taught how to perform on stage, but the "male" students always get the male parts and the "female" students get the female parts.

Where our school departs slightly from reality is that our girls are put into the roles at a young age and trained in the role from that age, at a "prep school" which feeds the best girls into our school at age 16 or 17.

Obviously, there will be a certain amount of interaction between both sets of student off the stage...

There will be two staff members:

Amazon will be playing the Boys' mistress and I will be playing the Girls' mistress (gives you an idea of the relationship between the two of us *giggle*).

This game is probably going into BN or NC, but if people prefer we could run it in light.

ALL CHARACTERS ARE FEMALE. All students are to be 16 or 17 - this year's intake.

Characters should be Japanese by preference unless you can come up with a really good reason why they are not.

The story is open to all players regardless of gender, but you must be able to play a 16 year old girl convincingly....

Character sheets and more detail will be added if there is sufficient interest.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!