1 x 1 - AU Anime Series-based RP, Anyone?

Started by Haruki, January 09, 2013, 04:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

Are there any folks who RP as the characters based around the many titles in the anime medium?  That is to say, playing as established characters within their worlds / settings, but in an alternate take (or AU as I've seen it called?

I realize this is a fast-dwindling niche in both RPing and fanbase.  Seems most folks, once they 'get a life' (that is, get out of college), also get out of this hobby.  Unfortunately most titles in the medium that get popular due to Internet buzz are aimed squarely at children and young teens.  To be fair, those are the target demos for 90% of what's out there.....the rest is 'hentai'..which we won't concern ourselves with here, or very slow-paced material (ie: Bartender, Working, etc).  Anything put out by Studio Ghibli is universally loved by all ages it seems, but their stuff is in a class all to itself.

I barely watch anything new.  Other than one series that started last year, all the rest I enjoy are from the mid 2000s on backwards.....lots of older and 'classic' titles, and I stay far away from 'mainstream' stuff (Naruto, Bleach, et al), and anything that's purely hyped up by Internet buzz.

None of these work in the adult RP context either, what with how they blatantly design the characters to look younger than their age (they don't draw body hair even on characters in their early 20s, 99% of the time)..

But that's enough explaining why I put this here.  I want to see who is at all even remotely interested without putting up an exhaustive list of what I like.  I'll just say what I don't like or what I won't do for various reasons which I'll put forth.

-- Mecha

-- Sci-fi Fantasy
(Never was into anything sci-fi, unless there's something going co-currently with it that I really enjoy.  Examples: Escaflowne, while having a mechs in it, are thrown into a medieval-style setting.  / Utawarerumono: Whilst a Post-apoc undertone as told by the backstory towards the end of the series, the setting is akin to an old East-Asian theme.)

-- Naruto
(too doggone long, too many characters, the series and premise is pretty much 'yesterdays fad')

I may later put a list up in spoiler tags, but I want to see if there's even any interest.  If not, I guess I'll have to let this all go.

Anyhoo, I have no plots in mind.  Is this a strike against me?  I hope not.  I do better with canon RP when I'm allowed to think on my feet with another interested person, rather than coming up with something predefined....unless we agree to set up a basic idea first.  I enjoy lots of the innocent sort of romance.....snuggling, kisses, you know how it goes.

Here's a list of every last single title I have seen and know.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Anime
----
~Dragon Ball~ (ep 1-13 )
~Samurai Pizza Cats
~DBZ~ (ep 1-53 )
~Ranma 1/2~ (First 3 Seasons, OAV series and movies)
~The Slayers~ (Original / NEXT / TRY / Revolution / Evolution R / Movies + OAVs)
~Pokemon~ (TV Series, Kanto / Orange Islands eps Only), + first 4 Movies
~Tenchi Muyo~ (Movies only)
~Digimon~ (Seasons 1 and 2 only)
~Fushigi Yuugi: The Mysterious Play~
~Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing~
~Rurouni Kenshin OAV~ (Trust & Betrayal)
~Neon Genesis Evangelion~ (TV Series)
~Yu-Gi-Oh!~ (TV Series, and Movie)
~Rurouni Kenshin~ (TV Series, First 2 arcs only, ep 1-63)
~Cardcaptor Sakura~ (Started in '01, but didn't get to complete fully until Spring 2004)
~Spriggan~
~Oh! My Goddess~ (OAVs and Movie)
~Record of Lodoss War~ (OAVs only)
~Love Hina~ TV, Christmas & Spring Specials, and Again (OAVs)
~I, My, Me! Strawberry Eggs~
~Inuyasha~ (Movies only)
~Ai Yori Aoshi, and AYA: ~Enishi~
~Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher)~
~Angel Sanctuary~ (OAV only)
~Shamanic Princess~
~Revolutionary Girl Utena~ (ep 1-13 only)
~Ys: Books 1 and 2~
~Ys II: Castle in the Heavens~
~Maison Ikkoku~
~Shaman King~
~Someday's Dreamers~
~His & Her Circumstances (KareKano)~
~Chobits~
~Gravitation~
~Ruin Explorers~
~Comic Party~
~Ayashi no Ceres - Ceres: Celestial Legend~
~Fruits Basket~
~Hanaukyo Maid Team ~ La Verite~
~Koi Kazé~
~Magic Knights Rayearth~ (TV)
~Here Is Greenwood~
~Naruto (Original series)~ (First 135 eps only)
~Azumanga Daioh!~
~Ah My Goddess~ (TV Series, both seasons)
~Prétear~
~The Twelve Kingdoms~
~RG Veda~
~Escaflowne, The Vision Of~ (TV)
~DN Angel~
~Negima!: Magister Negi Magi~ (First Series Only)
~Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)~
~To Heart~ (1999 Series only)
~Boys Be....~
~Utawarerumono~
~The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya~ (2006 TV Series only)
~Haibane Renmei~
~Saiunkoku Monogatari (The Story of Saiunkoku~
~Ouran High School Host Club~
~BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad~
~Romeo x Juliet~
~AIR TV + Movie~
~Kanon (2006 Version)~
~Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle~ (+ OAVs and movie)
~Samurai 7~
~Kamichu!~
~The Girl Who Leapt Through Time~
~Mush Shi~
~Spice & Wolf~
~Kyo Kara Maoh!: God(?), Save Our King!~ (S1 only)
~Baccano!~
~Eden of the East~ (+ both movies)/b]
~Clannad + Clannad: After Story~ (+ movie)
~Moribito: Guardian of the Spirits~
~Kingdom~

The obligatory works from Studio Ghibli
=====
~Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind~
~Castle in the Sky~
~Grave of the Fireflies~
~My Neighbor Totoro~
~Kiki's Delivery Service~
~Porco Rosso~
~Pom Poko~
~Whisper of the Heart~
~Princess Mononoke~
~My Neighbors the Yamadas~
~Spirited Away~
~The Cat Returns~
~Howl's Moving Castle~

Looking forwards to hearing from those who still mill about here, or are just incoming and awaiting approvals.

Thanks for your time.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

PoisonousKitty

I'd be interested. Been a while since I've done any kind of Canon or Anime based roleplaying. What areas are you interested in... I can name a few that I enjoy and see if your interested in any of them if you like?

Haruki

Went ahead and added a complete list.  At least I think I've made it complete....I have to double-checked.

There's some titles I will not play from, as I explained.

~Dragon Ball~ (ep 1-13 )
~DBZ~ (ep 1-53 )
~Pokemon~ (TV Series, Kanto / Orange Islands eps Only), + first 4 Movies
~Digimon~ (Seasons 1 and 2 only)
~Naruto (Original series)~ (First 135 eps only)
~Negima!: Magister Negi Magi~ (First Series Only)
=====
My Introduction
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====

PoisonousKitty

Ok so I'll take it the above ones you don't do then correct?

Haruki

Yeah, those I listed apart from the main list in my opening post.

Hopefully there's still something we can do.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

Update:  Had to clarify better what I'm aiming for here.

I should add to the AU bit.  What I usually do in my head with most anime series, is I get thinking. "Okay, what may happen a year, 2 years, 5 yr (etc) after the conclusion?  Where are the characters, what may they be doing?"  Or another way I've seen, is playing the characters as originally presented (without changing ages, personality, etc), but deviating a bit from the original story.
=====
My Introduction
=====

PoisonousKitty

Sadly I may have to back out... it appears that many of the ones that you have listed as no go's are the main ones that I know anything about. I'm sorry about all of this.

Haruki

Not the least bit surprised.  My search continues then I suppose.

Thanks for looking at least.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Architechno

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted here, but hopefully you'll see it. I was just accepted and read around your info pages and have a question. I know this is in the non-adult forum which means you're not looking for sex (great! me too!) and will accept a writing partner of either sex. Does this also mean you'd be willing to play a male char with a male char? Cuddling and lapping and all. If so then I have ideas. If not then it was nice reading your pages.

JayNighte

Are there any particular animes you would prefer, perhaps?

Zeth

The Anime AU's I would like to try here from your will do list.

Samurai Pizza Cats
Ranma 1/2
Negima!: Magister Negi Magi
Escaflowne, The Vision Of

Now I have not watched the entire anime on any of these and only read the manga for Negami! But since this is an AU game, I don't think that is much of a problem. So are you still interested in this?

ReduxRed

I'd also be up for Escaflowne in particular.

Adrian2015

Put me down for Tenchi Muyo and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Rick hunter

I would like to try an eden of the east or spice and wolf its been awhile since i watched either one but i remember the general endings and can go from there but i cant remember names im pretty good with speaking old english so honestly spice and wolf would be a good choice. Im good with modern rps like a eden of the east rp but no great plz speak to me if u would like more info on my interests etc.