News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Trek rp

Started by kaz, November 14, 2016, 09:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaz

I have always been a fan of Star Trek rps, and I know there have been a few run here over the years so I'm going to toss this idea out there.

Think Next generation era, Captain Picard etc. 

We'll have a ship thats going off to explore a relatively unknown part of Space.  Wont all be sex etc, would like some character building and plottiness, but we will of course have a healthy portion of sex.

So if your interested let me know.  And if you have an idea of position you like, well jot that down as well.  If I get some interest I'll start looking at ship classes and other things.
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Jayna

I would be very interested! I made a female medical officer for another game I never got to use.

So that would probably be my first thought for a character.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedEve

If this gets off the ground, I might be interested.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Mac84

Love TNG! Picard was my favorite captain.

What kind of Class of Ship is going to be used?

kaz

Great to see some interest. 

Any ideas for ship class toss them out, I can work with most.  I have always liked Akiras, Sovereigns and of course the Intrepids. 

Crew roster:
Commanding Officer - Captain Eve Dawson (Kaz)
Executive Officer - Lieutenant Commander Arn Teszen (Tamhansen)
Operations
Tactical & Security - Lieutenant Commander Mal Hawkins (Blackjack)
Medical - held for Jayna
Counselling - Lieutenant  Zora Alanovica (RedEve)
Science

We can build it from there.  I'm off to work now but will be here later.

Character Bios

Name:
Position:
Ideal Rank:

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Doesnt have to be a lot just the basics. 

Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

Mac84

Quote from: kaz on November 15, 2016, 11:24:54 AM
Great to see some interest. 

Any ideas for ship class toss them out, I can work with most.  I have always liked Akiras, Sovereigns and of course the Intrepids. 

If you're really interesting in a plethora of ships then Star Trek Online has quite a few too.

like the Odyssey, to which I understand the Enterpise-F if of this class
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Though I think the type of ship used would depend mostly on what kind of Missions do you think the ship would be going on. Since you referenced TNG, I believe the Galaxy class was considered an "Exploration Cruiser".

Blackjack

Name: Malcolm 'Mal' Hawkins
Position: Tactical Officer
Ideal Rank: Liutennant Commander
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Here!

Personality: Bold, if appearing ever so slightly over confident at times.

Background: Malcolm Hawkins was born to a science officer and an NCO on the same ship. His mother was a navigator and his father was a barman, Mal had spent most of his time with his maternal grandparents on Mars before he joined the Federation as soon as he could do. Working his way through the schooling and then up to working through the academy to get into officer’s school. Mal was gifted with his own quarters and when he wasn’t nose deep in textbooks or holodeck procedures, Mal discovered a love of fishing and hiking in the Californian mountains.

In Officer’s school, Mal worked as hard as he could do to start working his way up through cadet ranks and then finally being able to attain serving rank on a training vessel under the tutelage of an aging Vulcan Captain who had still been able to memorise all the details of the students on board in despite of his years. Mal served as an exemplary student and managed to achieve a rank of lieutenant from there he was graduated to one of the larger crusiers where he served under a stern Andorian who showed him the ropes while keeping an eye on him. Mal Hawkins then got the job with the current crew where he’s looking to serve as he always has done. At his absolute best.

I'd throw in my vote for either the Galaxy class or a Sovereign class ship! Though as a fellow STO player I wouldn't mind boosting Mac84's suggestion of the Odyssey class too.

RedEve

Name: Zora Alanovica
Position: Counselor
Ideal Rank: Lieutenant
Race: ¾ human, ¼ Betazoid
Sexuality: straight

Appearance: see photograph

Personality: Zora is outwardly serious, but she hides a secret fun side that she shares only with her closest friends and lovers. She is a hard worker and takes her job almost as a calling. Her serious exterior is also something of a way to protect herself from her own instincts, as she was something of a flirt at the academy and she found out that this can quickly turn into a reputation that follows a Starfleet officer around for the remainder of her career.

Background: Zora was born and raised on earth. Her father was a human, her mother was half Betazoid on her mother’s side. As such, Zora has inherited some of the telepathic abilities, though her level of empathy is nothing like what can be achieved by a pure blood Betazoid. Her parents were not in Starfleet. In fact, both families had more of a tradition in the diplomatic core, which is how both Zora’s parents as well as her grandparents on her mother’s side met. Her younger sibling Tatijana is studying to follow in her parents’ footsteps, but Zora always found more appeal in the allure of deep space travel. She was a good student all through primary and secondary school and she successfully applied to and was accepted by Starfleet Academy. There, her natural aptitude as a Betazoid made her a good fit to become a Starfleet psychiatrist. Her first posting was on the starship Rhadamanthus, an Intrepid class ship on which she served as an ensign under the tutelage of the ships counselor. She did well enough to eventually earn her promotion and be reassigned to another vessel, in which she would become the ship’s Counselor.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Tamhansen

I'd love to apply as well

Name: Arn Teszen
Position: Executive officer
Ideal rank: (lt) Commander
Race: Betazoid/Deltan
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: https://goo.gl/images/vTq7ch

Personality: Caring and personable. Sometimes unprofessional.

Background:
Arn was born on Delta IV as the son to the Betazoid ambassador and a Deltan governor. His youth was spent travelling the UFP as his mother moved from post to post, eventually settling down on earth taking her seat in the Senate. Arn's father had unfortunately died by then, suffering from a degenerative disease for which no cure has been found. For most of his childhood it seemed Arn was to follow his mother's footsteps.

When he was eighteen, Arn went to Starfleet academy, fully intent on studying diplomacy and interstellar relations. While there however, he found that he preffered Astrometrics and Astrophysics however. And so he started his career as science officer.

After graduating, he served on the USS Melbourne, where he quickly rose to the ranks, eventually becoming assistant Chief science officer. After that he was stationed as Chief science officer at Deep space six on the Klingon border for two years. His CO Captain Paris, suggested he should apply for command academy, which he did.

Now, a year later, fresh out of the academy, he is ready for his first posting as an XO
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Tom

For group games there's always the question of allowing male players for female characters and vice versa. I'm applying with a female character, but I can change that if necessary.

Name: Mitrani
Position: Commanding Officer
Ideal Rank: Captain
Race: Vulcan
Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: Athletic and shapely with dark skin, jade green eyes and short dark hair.

Personality: Logical, but sensible. Fair, motherly (for a Vulcan), strict. Intelligent, but not a scientific genious. Strong-willed, stubborn. She is aware that she has emotional limitations, but she puts an effort into working around them, experimenting with mating rituals and activities to learn more, and surrounding herself with people that are less logical than herself.

Background: Mitrani is a soldier at heart. She has gone through the ranks and have served as an acting commanding officer on occation, but this will be her first command. She is raised in the vulcan way of logic, but years of experience with other creatures have expanded her mindset naturally.

kaz

Looking good guys, I should have said CO was taken as I'll fill that role as well as well as being GM, but we can move you're girlie to another position Tom .

I'm working pretty frantic atm leading into next week but I will try to get some thing thrown out when I can.  I'll update the roster with these folks and see if we get any more interest.

I was thinking something along the lines of a Sovereign class, suitable for all missions etc.  Large crew for the times we need to kill a few off.  Great to see some interest here.

vin26m

Name:  Teachdaire
Position:  Tactical & Security
Ideal Rank:  Lieutenant
Race:  Orion
Sexuality:  Straight

Appearance:  He is a tall, muscular Orion male with green skin and a bald head.  He stands at about 6'4" and weighs about 270 pounds.

Personality:  Teachdaire is a man of action as well as words.  He leads through example and loves to give inspiring, rousing speeches to rally his troops into combat or competition.  He is perceptive and quick-thinking, but his knowledge is not very deep.  He likes to work hard and play just as hard, especially when it comes to rolling around with a female or two.  Although he likes to take charge, he is also a natural at following orders, particularly from women.

Background:  Teachdaire is the son of a pair of Orion slaves that were being smuggled in a remote part of space.  Starfleet rescued him when he was a child and brought him back to Earth, where he was adopted by an Irish family that lost their own son.  He was given the name "Teachdaire" which is Gaelic for "courier" or "messenger."  He grew up constantly getting into fights with humans because of his appearance.  His adoptive father was a security and tactical officer for Starfleet, and encouraged Teachdaire to learn how to properly use his strength and aggression with martial arts classes before enlisting with Starfleet.

He enrolled in Starfleet Academy following a tactical and security officer track.  He excelled in unarmed combat, melee combat and usage of projectile and beam weapons.  He is qualified to pilot shuttle craft, drive land vehicles, and use ship-based weapons and shields.  He typically leads the combat elements and protection detail of an away team.

Jayna

I am unfortunately going to have to withdraw my interest.  I wish yall the best of luck

Baalborn87

No Chief Engineer? Would it be possible to play one?

Blackjack

Since it's been nearly two weeks since we've heard anything, I'm going to bow out too. Have fun though guys!