Heavy Story-Focused Fantasy Adventure: Closed

Started by King Serperior, November 10, 2016, 01:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Well, there's six people interested, including yourself, but I am only going to be able to take 3-5 characters.  Any larger, and it's less of a campaign and more of a military organization.

That said, I have no clue what levels.  My character above is an experienced part-time instructor at one of the land's more prominent magic academies.  That is why I am not putting 'levels' on characters.  The party will consist of people from all walks of life with varying levels of experience, though I will turn away those who might be considered overpowered.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Chreestafer

Let me know if space clears up :) definitely interested.

Debating on paying a psychic warrior.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

King Serperior

Well, at the moment, none of the open 3-5 spaces are filled.  There have only been a few who have expressed their interest.  So, those who are interested feel free to ask any questions and if you have character concepts, feel free to consult with me to see if it fits.

As for that psychic warrior, it depends on what you mean exactly.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

EndofDivine

Quote from: King Serperior on November 10, 2016, 10:27:52 PM
So, those who are interested feel free to ask any questions and if you have character concepts, feel free to consult with me to see if it fits.

Man, I was just coming here to do exactly that. My timing is the best.

Any established religions/deities you want us to use or can I go nuts? Also, any idea what the city we're starting in is going to be named? I'm feeling pretty attached to the idea of a cleric that's convinced her god is sending her omens in her sleep. An initiate but with a lot of potential. That, or an elven archer with a lust for adventure and something to prove.

Chulanowa

hate to pile on, but I have to say I'm interested too. Any game that opens the door to a gnoll always has my interest (even if I always end up playing a halfling...)

King Serperior

It would seem that your timing is pretty good indeed.

In terms of established religions and deities, there are easily hundreds.  Most are minor deities, but there are some main ones.  Of course, some of these deities are demonic beings claiming to be gods and godesses, but of them, there is really one that is well known by everyone:

Lolth, the Spider Queen:  Not a true goddess, but rather a Lesser Deity that, although mortal in the sense of being kill-able, is ageless and powerful beyond that of any other mortal, the Spider Queen is worshiped almost exclusively by the Dark Elves, who are considered her 'children.'  The Gnomes see her as a great, evil demon however.  She is an extremely cruel and dominating being who promotes distrust and revels in how the Drow worship her.  Her lieutenants are the Driders, which are Drow who have been merged with large spiders, sacrificing some of their sanity for immense magical might.  Those clerics and paladins who worship her wear black clothes, robes, and armor marked with a blood-red spider motif.  It is known that those who wish to be under her favor must use blood sacrifice in their rituals and rites.

Other races have pantheons whom they worship.  For example, the Orcs worship a warrior tribe of gods and goddesses and believe that an Orc who dies bravely in battle gets to join their armies.  The Gnomes worship a 'Hill Deity' who they believe protect them from the spiders of Lolth.  Humans easily have hundreds of separate deities.

So, you can go nuts, but I would highly recommend you run them by me first.  I don't want just any god or goddess or demon or entity that is worshiped to me made on short notice.

As for the character ideas:  The cleric idea is interesting, though I would like to say that any actual omens and similar are to be GM-regulated.  Omens that add to roleplay that won't actually happen unless the character goes out of their way to make it happen would be acceptable.  As for the archer, that would be a good character type as well.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 10, 2016, 11:18:32 PM
Intrigued. Thinking of farmgirl turned paladin.
Quote from: Chulanowa on November 10, 2016, 11:22:29 PM
hate to pile on, but I have to say I'm interested too. Any game that opens the door to a gnoll always has my interest (even if I always end up playing a halfling...)
Hoooo boy!  There's a lot of people interested here then.  Very well, I'll just show everyone how it stands so far:

Current Character Roster:

• Zarrik Volomeer, Tiefling Chaos Necromancer; King Serperior
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

So, that is up to five spaces open.  There are eight people interested thusfar:  Silver Phoenix, Lynnette, Sally Aces, EndofDivine, AribethAmkiir, Chreestafer, RedPhoenix, & Chulanowa.  This is not to discourage anyone however.  I just want to make it clear that I cannot take everyone because a party of more than six characters is less of an adventuring group and more of a mercenary company.  Besides, looking at the pen & paper game similarities, I've not known a group larger than six.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

VonDoom

Hiya! Sounds interesting, let's see if I can make a character I've been dying to play in a longer game forever and ever fit … I've spoilered his full (old) writeup under the actual form, if it's of interest. I hope his item thing is alright as is, I know you wanted specific singular items -- if it can't be handled like that and you don't want a huge list (which I do still have from his Pathfinder incarnation) either, then it's probably better if I rethink my character choice.

Let me know if you like him. :)

Name: Edmund Aelvson
Race: High Elf
Sex: male
Affiliation: The Moonglow Circus, all manner of scallywags and scoundrels
Class: Investigator (Alchemist/Rogue hybrid, originally a Pathfinder class)
Important Notes:  
High elf raised by the gnomish ringmaster of a traveling circus. Highly intelligent, multi-cultured and very human-like in behaviour. A loquacious showoff and pathological liar. Despite this, he is not actively malicious and won't screw over people he views as friends (unless they are also incorrigible mountebanks, then it's a matter of friendly rivalry to see who can screw over whom as much as possible).
No aptitude for actual magic and instead uses wits, alchemy and mechanical tinkering to fake magic and pretend to be a powerful elven sorcerer.
Possesses a big ass. A donkey, that is. To carry his stuff.
Specific Items / Weapons:   his sword-cane, spring-loaded daggers, portable alchemy lab, various acids, poisons and explosives, an insane amount of trinkets and geegaws that may or may not have some manner of utility.
Notable Spells:: A skilled alchemist who fakes various 'spells' through the use of alchemical ingredients and reactions.
On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=154586.0

Old Edmund Writeup

Personality:
Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.

Background:
Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and a reputation for chancing on adventure.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Chreestafer

Pertaining to the psychic warrior, what questions do you have? If you've played Dungeons and Dragons before it's a Psionic class that mixes the strength of a warrior and the mental aptitude of a psion.  Kinda like a spell sword.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

King Serperior

Quote from: VonDoom on November 11, 2016, 06:01:24 AM
Hiya! Sounds interesting, let's see if I can make a character I've been dying to play in a longer game forever and ever fit … I've spoilered his full (old) writeup under the actual form, if it's of interest. I hope his item thing is alright as is, I know you wanted specific singular items -- if it can't be handled like that and you don't want a huge list (which I do still have from his Pathfinder incarnation) either, then it's probably better if I rethink my character choice.

Let me know if you like him. :)
Ah, welcome VonDoom!  Thanks for your interest!   ;D

I'll go over the sheet and give my thoughts and opinions on the matter of items.
Name: Edmund Aelvson
Sex: male
Affiliation: The Moonglow Circus, all manner of scallywags and scoundrels
Class: Investigator (Alchemist/Rogue hybrid, originally a Pathfinder class)
Important Notes:  
High elf raised by the gnomish ringmaster of a traveling circus. Highly intelligent, multi-cultured and very human-like in behaviour. A loquacious showoff and pathological liar. Despite this, he is not actively malicious and won't screw over people he views as friends (unless they are also incorrigible mountebanks, then it's a matter of friendly rivalry to see who can screw over whom as much as possible).
No aptitude for actual magic and instead uses wits, alchemy and mechanical tinkering to fake magic and pretend to be a powerful elven sorcerer.
Possesses a big ass. A donkey, that is. To carry his stuff.
So, Edmond is basically a Snake Oil Salesman?  Now that could be entertaining!  Depending on his opinion of Necromancers, Tieflings, and Chaos Mages, he could have some fun interactions with Zarrik!

As for the Donkey, that would be very interesting since there are some situations where taking the pack animal with him might cause issues, such as if the group were to travel in the Underdark for some reason or another.
Specific Items / Weapons:   his sword-cane, spring-loaded daggers, portable alchemy lab, various acids, poisons and explosives, an insane amount of trinkets and geegaws that may or may not have some manner of utility.
Notable Spells:: A skilled alchemist who fakes various 'spells' through the use of alchemical ingredients and reactions.
On/Offs: I'll fix the link here once I'm home. For now, it's in my signature.
A sword-cane is very interesting.  By spring-loaded daggers, you mean the blades shoot out?  As for a portable alchemy lab, about how large would that be?  The size of a suitcase when compacted?  In terms of acids, poisons, and explosives, a small list of them could be useful.  In regards to the random trinkets, there's no need to specify them, but if there are any that are specifically amazing in terms of utility, please run them by me first since the vagueness leaves open the possibility to always have an out to a situation.
Old Edmund Writeup

Personality:
Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.

Background:
Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and a reputation for chancing on adventure.
I only glanced at it, but the information seems pretty good!

Now, I can't guarantee that Edmond will be accepted, but as this is the only completed character sheet, he's got a very good chance of it!  :P  I mean, I really, really like Edmond!

Quote from: Chreestafer on November 11, 2016, 07:55:23 AM
Pertaining to the psychic warrior, what questions do you have? If you've played Dungeons and Dragons before it's a Psionic class that mixes the strength of a warrior and the mental aptitude of a psion.  Kinda like a spell sword.
I've never played any pen & paper game before.  Rather, I just read a lot of various, so I have a jack-of-all-trades kind of knowledge.  I know more of 13th Age than Dungeons and Dragons.

So, in my mind for this setting, psychic abilities are typically physical in nature.  More telekinesis than telepathy, though some forms of that work.  In all honesty, mixing psychic powers and magical abilities in this setting just feels messy...

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

VonDoom

Glad you like it! It's the English version of the name, just to note -- Edmund, not Edmond.  ;D

Spring-loaded daggers ... basically are hidden in your sleeve and shoot out into your hand -- basically a mechanical quick draw and hidden weapon in one. I guess you could make them actually shoot if you built it with enough force behind it, but that's a bit of a 'may cause deep slices in your own arm if misfired' insanity that he'd avoid.  ;D

Between one and two suitcases for the lab -- I figure the regular portable lab you'd find as a Pathfinder item is a suitcase, but over time he expanded it to his needs.

As for the items ... the basic notion was that he's 'prepared for any eventuality' and pull out crazy stuff like skis or ice skates when needed, with the occasional thing that might actually also be practical, but mostly not. Or little portable chairs and tables and then brew some coffee for everyone. Or pour some absinthe so that all those non-gnome raised people can grow some proper hair on their chest (if high elves normally do not have this in the setting, it's probably actually from an alchemical experiment gone awry, but he'll attribute it to proper gnomish cooking). His donkey is a rather sad and overloaded creature.

I actually do have his old equipment list from the Pathfinder incarnation. The readout is rather messy and the last incarnation had a handy haversack in addition to the donkey, but if you want a bit of a sample.  ;D

He also had a pseudo-dragon as a familiar in that. Well, not really as a familiar. He bought the damn thing and had to bribe it continually so it'd keep pretending to be his familiar.  ::)

Edmund's PF Herolab Sheet
Edmund Aelvson
Male elf investigator (empiricist) 4/swashbuckler (inspired blade) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 30, 56, 100, 125)
CN Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 30, touch 19, flat-footed 26 (+3 armor, +5 deflection, +4 Dex, +7 natural, +1 shield)
hp 36 (5 HD; 4d8+1d10+6)
Fort +2, Ref +10, Will +3 (+2 save vs. illusion and disbelievable effects); +2 vs. enchantments
Defensive Abilities trap sense +1; Immune sleep; Resist unfailing logic
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 rapier +12 (1d6+3/18-20)
Ranged mwk hand crossbow +11 (1d4+2/19-20)
Special Attacks deeds (derring-do, dodging panache, opportune parry and riposte), panache (6), studied combat (+2, 5 rounds), studied strike +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th; concentration +5)
. . 1/day—comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic
Investigator (Empiricist) Extracts Prepared (CL 4th; concentration +9)
. . 1st—enlarge person (DC 16), heightened awareness[ACG], long arm[ACG], shield
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 8, Cha 10
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 23
Feats Extra Investigator Talent[ACG], Extra Investigator Talent[ACG], Extra Investigator Talent[ACG], Extra Investigator Talent[ACG], Fencing Grace, Weapon Focus (rapier)
Traits accelerated drinker, student of philosophy
Skills Acrobatics +8, Appraise +9 (+11 on items valued by weight when using scales), Bluff +13 (+18 to lie (as a result of using Int instead of Cha)), Climb +4, Craft (alchemy) +10 (+14 to create alchemical items), Craft (mapmaking) +11, Craft (tattoo) +11, Craft (traps) +11, Diplomacy +12 (+17 to gather information (You can use your Intelligence Modifier instead of Charisma), +17 to persuade others but not to gather information (as a result of using Int instead of Cha)), Disable Device +13, Disguise +4, Escape Artist +8, Heal +3, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (arcana) +10, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +10 (+12 to navigate underground), Knowledge (engineering) +10, Knowledge (geography) +10, Knowledge (history) +10, Knowledge (local) +10, Knowledge (nature) +10, Knowledge (nobility) +10, Knowledge (planes) +10, Knowledge (religion) +10, Linguistics +10 (+12 to make forgeries), Perception +12, Perform (act) +4, Perform (comedy) +4, Perform (dance) +4, Profession (cook) +5, Profession (fortune-teller) +5, Ride +8, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +8 (+12 to hide objects on your body (doesn't stack with heavy clothing but does with bonuses for attempting to hide small objects), +10 to oppose the Perception check of someone observing or frisking you regarding items in the sheath), Spellcraft +9, Stealth +8, Survival -1 (+1 to avoid becoming lost when using this), Swim +4, Use Magic Device +9; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, ceaseless observation
Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan
SQ alchemy (alchemy crafting +4), inspiration (8/day), inspired panache, investigator talents (expanded inspiration[ACG], infusion, mutagen[UM], quick study[ACG], underworld inspiration[ACG]), keen recollection, mutagen (+4/-2, +2 natural armor, 40 minutes), trapfinding +2
Combat Gear boro bead (1st level)[UE], mutagen[APG], potion of barkskin +5, potion of communal resist energy, potion of cure serious wounds, potion of gaseous form, potion of protection from evil, potion of shield of faith +5, potion of tongues, universal solvent, wound paste[ARG], acid (3), air crystal (2), alchemical cement[UE], alchemical glue[UE] (2), alchemical grease[APG], alchemist's fire (3), alchemist's kindness[APG] (10), antiplague[APG] (3), antitoxin (3), barbarian chew, barbarian chew, barbarian chew, barbarian chew, barbarian chew, bladeguard[APG], bloodblock[APG] (3), bottled lightning[UE] (3), burst jar[UE] (3), caltrops (10), casting plaster[APG], chill cream[UE], flame ink[ARG], ghast retch flask[UE] (3), glowing ink[UE] (3), gravelly tonic[ACG] (3), heatstone[ISWG], holy water, holy weapon balm[ACG] (3), invisible ink, good[UE] (2), keros oil[UE] (5), liquid blade[UE], liquid ice[APG], liquid traction[ACG], mending paste[UE], oil (5), paper candle firework[UE] (5), paper wall paste, rusting powder[UE], rusting powder[UE], rusting powder[UE], shard gel[UE] (3), smelling salts[APG] (3), smoke pellet[APG], soothe syrup[APG] (2), tangleburn bag[UE] (2), unholy water, vermin repellent[UE] (3), vomit capsule[ACG] (3), weapon blanch (cold iron)[APG], weapon blanch (ghost salt), wismuth salix[UE] (2); Other Gear mwk studded leather, mwk buckler, +1 rapier, mwk hand crossbow, apprentice's cheating gloves[UE], elixir of love, formula alembic[UE], handy haversack, abacus[APG], absinthe (per bottle)[UE], alchemy crafting kit[APG], ale (per gallon), bandolier[UE], bandolier[UE], bear trap[APG], bear trap[APG], bear trap[APG], bedroll, bell, belt pouch, board games[UE], brush, shaving (0.1 lb), buttons (0.1 lb), calumet[ACG], candle (3), cards[UE], chalk (5), chalkboard[APG], chocolate (per bar)[UE], cleats[APG], coffee pot[UE], cold weather outfit, collapsible bathtub[UE], collapsible plank[UE], collapsible trampoline[ACG], common wine (per pitcher), compass[APG], conditioning oil for leather (0.4 lb), crowbar, cup, shaving (0.2 lb), dice[UE], disguise kit, diving suit[UE], drill[APG], ear trumpet, masterwork, earplugs[APG], false-bottomed cup[UE] (5), file, small (0.1 lb), fire-resistant boots[UE], fishhook, fishing net, flint and steel (2), folding chair[UE], folding ladder[UE], folding pole[UE], folding shovel[UE], folding table[UE], forger's kit[UE], glass cutter[UE], glue paper[UE] (10), grappling bolt[UE], grappling hook, hammer, hemp rope (50 ft.), hip flask[UE], hollowed pommel[UE], holy symbol with compartment[UE], holy symbol with compartment[UE], hooded lantern, hooded lantern, waterproof[UE], ice skates[UE], ink, inkpen, investigator starting formula book, iron vial[UE] (16), leather paring knife (0.5 lb), leather straps (0.4 lb), loaded dice, superior[APG], magnet[APG], manacles, maple syrup (per jar)[UE], marked cards[APG], masterwork fortune-teller's deck[APG], masterwork snorkel[UE], masterwork stilts[UE], masterwork tool, masterwork tool, masterwork tool, masterwork tool, masterwork tool, merchant's scale, mess kit[UE], metal polish (0.3 lb), mirror, mug/tankard (5), noble's outfit, parchment, peasant's outfit, perfume/cologne[UE] (5), periscope[APG], piton (4), pocketed scarf[UE], poison pill ring[UE], poisoning sheath[UE], portable alchemist's lab[APG], portable bolt trap, portable bridge[UE], portable ram, pot, powder[APG] (5), reversible cloak[UE], sack, saw[APG], sealing wax, sentry mannequin, masterwork, sewing needle (2), shaving powder (one shave) (0.01 lb) (50), shield sconce[UE], signal whistle, silent whistle[APG], skis[UE], smoked goggles[APG], snuffbox, tin[ACG], soap (6), soft cloth (0.1 lb) (2), speaking trumpet, spell component pouch, straight razor (0.2 lb), stretcher[UE], sugar glass bottle[ACG], tea ceremony set[UE], tent, large[APG], tent, medium[APG], tindertwig (10), torch (10), trail rations (5), travelling spellbook[APG], unholy symbol with compartment[UE], unholy symbol with compartment[UE], waffle iron[UE], wandermeal[UE] (20), waterskin (2), weapon cord[APG], whetstone, whiskey (per cup)[UE], wrist sheath[UE] (2), donkey, pseudodragon, 558 gp, 9 sp, 3 cp

O&O

Lynnette

Gonna pull my interest, as fun as it seems, I don't think the slow phase will work too well for me, have fun guys ^^
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

King Serperior

Quote from: Lynnette on November 11, 2016, 11:09:46 AM
Gonna pull my interest, as fun as it seems, I don't think the slow phase will work too well for me, have fun guys ^^
Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand.  Have fun with your future games!

Quote from: VonDoom on November 11, 2016, 10:58:03 AM
Glad you like it! It's the English version of the name, just to note -- Edmund, not Edmond.  ;D
Whoops!  The spellings keep getting mixed up.  :P
Spring-loaded daggers ... basically are hidden in your sleeve and shoot out into your hand -- basically a mechanical quick draw and hidden weapon in one. I guess you could make them actually shoot if you built it with enough force behind it, but that's a bit of a 'may cause deep slices in your own arm if misfired' insanity that he'd avoid.  ;D
Ah, now that makes much more sense.  I always think of daggers that double as one-time surprise ranged weapons when they are 'spring-loaded!'
Between one and two suitcases for the lab -- I figure the regular portable lab you'd find as a Pathfinder item is a suitcase, but over time he expanded it to his needs.
Alright, that sounds about fair.  Especially since he has a donkey.
As for the items ... the basic notion was that he's 'prepared for any eventuality' and pull out crazy stuff like skis or ice skates when needed, with the occasional thing that might actually also be practical, but mostly not. Or little portable chairs and tables and then brew some coffee for everyone. Or pour some absinthe so that all those non-gnome raised people can grow some proper hair on their chest (if high elves normally do not have this in the setting, it's probably actually from an alchemical experiment gone awry, but he'll attribute it to proper gnomish cooking). His donkey is a rather sad and overloaded creature.

I actually do have his old equipment list from the Pathfinder incarnation. The readout is rather messy and the last incarnation had a handy haversack in addition to the donkey, but if you want a bit of a sample.  ;D
Okay, so they're mostly a bunch of interesting knick-knacks and random items that one would expect from a con-artist salesman.  I can work with that.  Also, I like to think that full Elves cannot naturally have facial hair, but Half-Elves can. 
He also had a pseudo-dragon as a familiar in that. Well, not really as a familiar. He bought the damn thing and had to bribe it continually so it'd keep pretending to be his familiar.  ::)
While a faux dragon would be nice and interesting, I don't think such a thing would quite qualify as a familiar.  Depending on a number of things, a semi-intelligent creature could be purchased in the future.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, before I get to the analysis of your character, Red, I'd like to make a note that I forgot something in the character sheet.  I added 'Race' under 'Name' and above 'Age.'  Could both you and VonDoom please add that?  That way, we know who is what!

Now, for the character sheet itself:

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 11, 2016, 12:44:19 PM
Okay here's my lady. The idea behind her is sort of a Questing Knight/Knight of Solamnia type. She's designed to be the 'Captain America' of the team, keeping people focused and moral.
Now that is an interesting concept!  One who can keep the group focused, or try to at least, is very useful.  *nods*
Affiliation: The Knights of the Shield - an order of warriors and priests dedicated to keeping the land safe from evil.
This group seems interesting, to say the least.  I assume they wander alone or in pairs across the land while having a main base/temple somewhere?

- Sword and Shield. Blessed by her church to smite evil and protect the good, a longsword large enough to be used two handed if necessary, Havala is strong enough to wield it in one hand. She is trained in both defense and offensive fighting styles with a variety of weapons, but prefers the sword and shield.
- Holy Symbol. The ankh of the Knights of the Shield and the holy powers they fight for.
I assume this ankh is nothing but a symbol unless she uses it as a focus for her magic?  As for the blade, blessed weapons are quite valuable and standard for paladins.  I assume beyond it being blessed that it has no innate powers?
Notable Spells: 
- Lay on Hands: Healing Touch to cure the injured.
- Sense Evil: Even if hidden, invisible, or concealed, with minor concentration Havala knows where it is.
- Turn Undead: By lifting the holy ankh she carries high she can turn back the enemies of life.
Overall, she looks pretty good!  I can sense some in-character conflict of interest between her and my Chaos Necromancer.  I wonder how she and her order feel about Tieflings?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

VonDoom

Done and done! Now to rifle through my holy and unholy symbol collection to find the one to appease the righteous warrior of god!  O:) (HI RED!)

O&O

King Serperior

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 11, 2016, 01:35:50 PM
Done!

By default, yes. However in times of crisis they can be recalled to serve as a more regular military unit, lending their aid to the righteous.

Correct, in anyone else's hands it's just a nicely shaped piece of metal.

Yup. The blessing makes it something evil creatures hate, and it lets her hurt them no matter how intangible or in another world they are, but it doesn't hurt them any more than a sword would normally and against anything that isn't an otherworldly evil it's just a very nice sword.

Cautious but careful not to pass judgment simply based on appearance. There is no honor in that.
Alright, I suppose the only other question I have is:  What sort of god, goddess, or even demon pretending to be a deity (there are religions in some places that have just that!) does her Order worship and fight for?  After all, the only named deity I have 100% set is the Spider Queen, who everyone but the Drow (for the most part) believe is evil.

Quote from: VonDoom on November 11, 2016, 02:45:13 PM
Done and done! Now to rifle through my holy and unholy symbol collection to find the one to appease the righteous warrior of god!  O:) (HI RED!)
Thanks!  I assume that this means that Desmund has a box of symbols to help his 'snake oil salesman' act when it comes to dealing with others?  Obviously, he wouldn't have every symbol, maybe not even half, but I could see him having some of the more widely known ones.  If he does, that would be an interesting thing if someone discovers such a collection.   >:)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Chreestafer

It's ok, I understand Psionics can get messy.

Maybe play a human warrior whose speaking to become "death" have a good background for a character in use in D&D.

Or maybe a half elf Ranger. 

What to do... what to do...
Ons and Offs
F-List

King Serperior

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 11, 2016, 03:21:21 PM
Sidru, goddess of righteous might. Also worshiped as a goddess of pitched battle. Often depicted as a fully armored young woman whose arms and armaments bear symbols of lionesses and the solar disc. She is not the goddess of lions or the sun, but favors these things and they feature heavily in her symbols. She is worshiped by many who don't necessarily believe in good, but do believe in strategy and military power, so there is a greyer side to her as well and a bit of an internal schism within her church over which is the true goddess. Her name is often called to as a protector goddess by the downtrodden who do not worship her primarily but call on her in times of need.

Her followers are either noble knights, tactical geniuses, self-serving masterminds, or bullying thugs depending on who you ask.
The group sounds like a cross between the Thalmor and Vigilants of Stendarr from the Elder Scrolls series since they are considered many different things by many individuals.  The deity seems like a fine addition as one of the great many worshiped by the various races.

Quote from: Chreestafer on November 11, 2016, 03:44:55 PM
It's ok, I understand Psionics can get messy.

Maybe play a human warrior whose speaking to become "death" have a good background for a character in use in D&D.

Or maybe a half elf Ranger. 

What to do... what to do...
I don't understand what you are trying to say with the bold part above.  Would you care to clarify?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Chreestafer

I do apologize as I do this from my phone at times.

Was meant to say "seeking to become death" like taking the mantle over
Ons and Offs
F-List

King Serperior

Current (Approved) Character Roster:

• Likely Filled
  • Likely Filled
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

Completed Character Sheets:
At the moment, I have not officially accepted the characters.  However, seeing as they are the ONLY completed sheets at the time of this post and the fact that I really like the characters, they have a high chance of being approved officially as there is currently no other competition right now.

So, five spaces are  open (possibly only 1-3 considering the characters above), and there are only Seven people interested thusfar:  Silver Phoenix, Sally Aces, EndofDivine, AribethAmkiir, Chreestafer, RedPhoenix, & Chulanowa.  This is not to discourage anyone however.  I just want to make it clear that I cannot take everyone because a party of more than six characters is less of an adventuring group and more of a mercenary company.  Besides, looking at the pen & paper game similarities, I've not known a group larger than six.

So, if you still have questions, please ask!  If you want to discuss your ideas for your character, please feel free!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Silver Phoenix

Name: Thrane Varsil
Race: Half-elf
Sex: Male
Affiliation: Storm-Rider Company (think Robin Hood's merry men, but more mobile by way of cavalry)
Class:  Arcane Warrior
Important Notes:  Thrane is the son of two retired adventurers who decided to recluse themselves to private lands they had won.  With parents who were capable, he learnt from their respective crafts and combined the two into his own form of sword and sorcery.  Unlike his parents, he wasn't satisfied to seclude himself to their estate and the surrounding lands, preferring to find adventure and a name for himself that fitted the shinning image he had in his mind.  That, however, was a much younger, idealistic Thrane.  The Thrane of today is a much different person.

Initially part of an adventuring troupe when he set out, Thrane's inexperienced group was killed by off by bandits and he was largely spared because of his affinity for magic, which the bandit group lacked, and being of young age they felt they could break him in to their way of living.  For seven years, he lived the life of a bandit: raiding tombs, hunting relics, ambushing tax-bearing convoys, and helping to turn the unruly mob into a fighting force.  In time, he even became the bandit chieftain's personal right hand.  It might have been a life he could have even sunk into comfortably, except for one small fact – one of his fellow adventurer's that the bandits had killed was a girl he had cared very deeply about – this in large part helped him to retain a strict code of conduct and he had a reputation as an honourable bandit.  Most of the men unconsciously began to look to him for leadership, rather than their often ill-tempered and violent chieftain; and as his command of magic grew, it quickly became evident between the two of them who was the stronger man.

In a largely bloodless coup, Thrane deposed the previous chieftain and took command of the band himself, repurposing them to more (relatively) noble pursuits – namely robbing other bandits and corrupt nobility, as well as occasionally hiring out as mercenaries.  After deciding to seek out personal ambitions, Thrane eventually gave the company to the care of a subordinate so that he could move more easily.

Specific Items/Weapons:
Familial Moonblade

Retrieved as part of request from his father into old familial holdings.
Thrane unwittingly bonded to the blade due to his inherent good nature
and that he had not desecrated or plundered the elven tomb, nor had he
tried to keep it for himself but fully intended to return it to his father.

The blade is able to communicate empathically with Thrane, and it's
main ability thus far manifested has been healing magic as the blade
has a vested interest in keeping him alive.  2/day Moonblade can heal
him of a modest amount of wounds - it usually uses the ability when
it senses he is near death.
;
Mithral Chainshirt

An expertly crafted chain shirt made of mithral; as it
is so light, Thrane can easily wear it under normal
clothes without encumbrance.  In addition to the main
chain component, the armour has a leather
undercoating to cover the arms and groin.

Glamoured: Crafted by the elves, Thrane can
cause the the chain shirt to assume the (illusory)
appearance of well-crafted clothes (as char. picture)

Notable Abilities: 

• Storm Blade: (1/day) Thrane imbues his sword with lightning for increased effect.  Whilst the raw damage is less than a blade of fire or ice, the shocking nature of the electrical discharge is favoured by Thrane to intimidate and sow confusion as electric arcs dance about whilst he fights.  The effects typically last up to 5 minutes.

• Prestidigitation:  Used to perform numerous minor magical feats, such as levitating tiny objects; warming or cooling liquids; cleaning, soiling, or changing the colour of 1 cubic foot of matter; create minor illusions that can fit in the palm of his hand.  Typically, they last no longer than an hour.

• Dimension Door: (3/day) Thrane can teleport to any location within a stone's throw (say about 100 ft.) provided he has line of sight to it, and is not magically impeded.

• Mirror Image: (3/day) Thrane creates illusory copies of himself - typically up to 2 - that stay within 10 feet of him; the typical tactic is to keep enemies on their toes as they wonder which is real and which is not, for which Thrane exploits the openings provided.
Ons/Offs:  Located Here
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

King Serperior

Very interesting concept, Silver, however I have a few questions and things to point out:

• Race:  A Half-Elf is perfectly fine, but what sort of Elf is in his blood?
  • Storm-Rider Company:  Now, I don't mind him being part of such a group, but I would be uncomfortable with him being the leader of such a group while traveling with another.  I would generally prefer if characters were either independent or not high up in one group or another.
  • Familial Moonblade:  Would I be correct in assuming that this blade is nothing more than a very, very well-crafted sword with no magic or only a minor magic that passes down from father to son?
  • Arcane Warrior  Obviously, combining magic and swordsmanship is a tricky balance, but I must ask if he is a swordsman who has some magic?  Or is he a magic user with some swordsman talent?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Lithium

Hi! I couldn't resist making an Orc lady. :3

Name: Nakat
Race: Orc
Sex: Female
Affiliation: None
Class: Berserker

Important Notes: Was wounded and left for dead after a clash between her clan and their rivals; Ended up being captured by slavers; Sold to a High Elf who had her compete in the fighting pits and arenas for sport; After winning her freedom, she decided to go off on her own in search of adventure and glory!; Favorite hobbies include hitting people, drinking and shagging...any order or combination will do.

Specific Items / Weapons:
-
Heart of the Earth-Mother
: A massive warhammer crowned by an ancient stone, said to have been spit out from the center of the Earth by a volcanic eruption millennia ago. The stone's density shifts naturally according to its wielder's actions, deciding on its own when it needs to become heavier or lighter.
-
Skullbiters
: A pair of Orcish tomahawks, great for chopping or throwing at enemies!

Notable Spells: Ritualistically applied war paints, each color has a different effect. Trying to wear more than one at a time could have dangerous and unpredictable consequences. They can also become addictive, especially if overused.
-Blue: Increases toughness and stamina as well as moderately dampening pain.
-Red: Causes adrenaline to spike much higher, greatly increases aggression and makes the wearer far more prone to fits of frenzied rage.
-Yellow: Increases the wearers senses, reflexes, balance and agility. May cause fidgeting.
-White: Speeds up the body's regeneration, causes healing spells cast upon the wearer to be more effective and grants a sense of relaxed tranquility.
-Pink: Makes the wearer significantly more alluring to others while also increasing both libido and pleasure.

Ons/Offs:  Click!

Silver Phoenix

Hey Serperior, no probs!  Let's see...

Quote from: King Serperior on November 13, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

• Race:  A Half-Elf is perfectly fine, but what sort of Elf is in his blood?
I was thinking probably High Elf father (their focus on magic and all), unless that's a problem, in which case I can easily go with Wood Elf.

• Storm-Rider Company:  Now, I don't mind him being part of such a group, but I would be uncomfortable with him being the leader of such a group while traveling with another.  I would generally prefer if characters were either independent or not high up in one group or another.
Okay, that cool.  Um... maybe he's handed over leadership to someone else and is now doing his own thing, but they're still on good terms and keep in close contact?

• Familial Moonblade:  Would I be correct in assuming that this blade is nothing more than a very, very well-crafted sword with no magic or only a minor magic that passes down from father to son?
I was thinking sentient that has some incentive to keep him alive, but during his ventures in game, he'd gradually awaken it to greater abilities, but for now starts off little more than a good sword with the ability to use elemental magic through it without having to chant and gesture to cast spells.

• Arcane Warrior  Obviously, combining magic and swordsmanship is a tricky balance, but I must ask if he is a swordsman who has some magic?  Or is he a magic user with some swordsman talent?
I'm going more with swordsman with some magic capability.

Quote from: Lithium on November 14, 2016, 02:03:22 AM
Hi! I couldn't resist making an Orc lady. :3
Huzzah! lol
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Rachubka

Are we full up in this thing, yet? I'd rather not get excited just to have the RP be closed! I mean, I guess I could read the thread but #toolazy

And I like following Lithium around so it'd be nice to participate! :)

King Serperior

Quote from: Rachubka on November 14, 2016, 03:40:09 PM
Are we full up in this thing, yet? I'd rather not get excited just to have the RP be closed! I mean, I guess I could read the thread but #toolazy

And I like following Lithium around so it'd be nice to participate! :)
Hi!  At the moment, there are currently more people interested than I have space for, but don't fret!  This game is NOT first come, first serve, as I will be picking out characters that best fit the game I have roughly planned.  This is the current roster:

Current (Approved) Character Roster:

• Likely Filled
  • Likely Filled
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

Completed Character Sheets:
At the moment, I have not officially accepted the characters.  However, seeing as they are the ONLY completed sheets at the time of this post and the fact that I really like the characters, they have a high chance of being approved officially as there is currently no other competition right now.

Sheets yet to look at because today will be busy for me:

• Lithium's Orc
  • Silver Phoenix's W.I.P. character when he finishes it

So, five spaces are  open (possibly only 1-3 considering the characters above), and there are only Seven people interested thusfar:  Silver Phoenix, Sally Aces, EndofDivine, AribethAmkiir, Chreestafer, RedPhoenix, & Chulanowa.  This is not to discourage anyone however.  I just want to make it clear that I cannot take everyone because a party of more than six characters is less of an adventuring group and more of a mercenary company.  Besides, looking at the pen & paper game similarities, I've not known a group larger than six.

So, if you still have questions, please ask!  If you want to discuss your ideas for your character, please feel free!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace