All Hail the King - Modern Absolute Monarchy - Sandbox - Open Recruitment

Started by GnothiSeauton, November 09, 2016, 08:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I'm still kinda stuck on a faceclaim for the character.

I'm thinking maybe Julie McNiven, but I'm not 100% sold on it.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Rave

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Florence on November 13, 2016, 03:41:07 AM
I'm still kinda stuck on a faceclaim for the character.

I'm thinking maybe Julie McNiven, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

Will put her up shortly
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Dotley

Quote from: Sally Aces on November 13, 2016, 12:23:35 AM
How open do you want Catherine's enmity to be?

• utterly private, so in public she acts ok with mom
  • semi-private, so a few scenes that were explained away but feeds the rumor-mill
  • all out war, the hate is real and very public

Quote from: Rave on November 13, 2016, 03:04:43 AMI'm gonna need my royal family to holla at me in PMs so we can figure out relationships!

Going to PM both of ya to start some royal family plottage  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

GnothiSeauton

I think I'm caught up on character sheets, and think I have everything updated in terms of face claims.

If I missed someone, please let me know.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Things are super busy on my end lately, but I'm hoping to have some free time to build a character here shortly. :)

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Rel Mayer on November 13, 2016, 01:56:39 PM
Things are super busy on my end lately, but I'm hoping to have some free time to build a character here shortly. :)

Looking forward to it, Rel

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

The World Information has been updated.

I've added extensive information on the neighboring nations and countries.  I've tried to take in to consideration sheets, but if I need to change something, I would be more than happy to discuss it.  You can find it in the recruitment thread, as well as the Game Information thread.

Also...

I just wanted to say that there is no rush or deadline with character sheets.  I know that there are quite a few who are interested and are still working on sheets, or trying to formulate ideas.  I have opened the History Thread for those with characters ready to go, and am going to be opening up the main IC threads and events sometime this week.

Seeking New Stories

Emjay

I was just wondering if anyone was going to be making a Spymaster? I'm assuming it would be similar to the CIA or MI6?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Emjay on November 13, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was going to be making a Spymaster? I'm assuming it would be similar to the CIA or MI6?

I believe that Orange Marmalade was going to be making a Lord Commander of the King's Swords who was also a spymaster.

However, I would be open to establishing a bit of a dialogue about his spymaster character being the King's sort of private spymaster, and another intelligence organization in the government, one that's a bit more official and either international or domestic. 

It could have even been because the King might not feel entirely trusting of the intelligence department, perhaps a unforeseen assassination attempt, developments abroad, whatever, and has a sort of private, unofficial spymaster.  It could be interesting, have there be a sort of dueling motivation to be the best, to out do one another, redemption, etc.

Seeking New Stories

Rave

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 13, 2016, 10:06:03 PM
I believe that Orange Marmalade was going to be making a Lord Commander of the King's Swords who was also a spymaster.

However, I would be open to establishing a bit of a dialogue about his spymaster character being the King's sort of private spymaster, and another intelligence organization in the government, one that's a bit more official and either international or domestic. 

It could have even been because the King might not feel entirely trusting of the intelligence department, perhaps a unforeseen assassination attempt, developments abroad, whatever, and has a sort of private, unofficial spymaster.  It could be interesting, have there be a sort of dueling motivation to be the best, to out do one another, redemption, etc.

Similarly, if said character is going to be associated with the military-- they could be utilized differently than Orange Marmalade's character by Damien.

So I'm sure you have options!

Emjay

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 13, 2016, 10:06:03 PM

I like that idea, that the intelligence agency has lost a bit of the King's trust and have to get themselves back in his good graces or even that they may be growing in power and that their allegiance isn't a hundred percent trusted?

Quote from: Rave on November 13, 2016, 10:09:07 PM
Similarly, if said character is going to be associated with the military-- they could be utilized differently than Orange Marmalade's character by Damien.

So I'm sure you have options!

That could be interesting as well.

I would also like to reserve Cate Blanchett
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: GnothiHowever, I would be open to establishing a bit of a dialogue about his spymaster character being the King's sort of private spymaster, and another intelligence organization in the government, one that's a bit more official and either international or domestic. 

Yupyup :) Should have mine finished here shortly. Basically he's way less MI:6 and a bit more underworld connection sorts. Has tons of connections and a habit of knowing way more than he should, but doesn't run actual like James Bond missions and the like. A bit more Varys and less M

Aiden

Quote from: Emjay on November 13, 2016, 10:19:06 PM
I like that idea, that the intelligence agency has lost a bit of the King's trust and have to get themselves back in his good graces or even that they may be growing in power and that their allegiance isn't a hundred percent trusted?

That could be interesting as well.

I would also like to reserve Cate Blanchett

If you need a contact or agent, my guy is shifting as I make him into a more covert ops type. I making him a ranger in the kings army who has seen the conflict between the lands up close.

My plot for him to be in the capitol to receive a medal / commendation and then somehow he ends up getting tangled up in the shitstorm that is politics.

Kokaine

Currently toying with the idea of an exiled noble if anyone would like to brainstorm/plot something. I'm willing to go male or female and as dark or heavy as we can stand.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Orange Marmalade

Posting here as well -

My characer, Enzo, is posted and open for connections, especially if anyone is making a Kings Sword member or underworld-ish type person.

GnothiSeauton

I'm debating whether or not to create a sort of antagonist Ambassador from Elysium.

Seeking New Stories

Flower

After some consideration, I'm going to bow out of making a character concept. I hope you guys have fun!

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Flower on November 14, 2016, 05:30:46 PM
After some consideration, I'm going to bow out of making a character concept. I hope you guys have fun!

Sorry to see you go, Flower.

If you change your mind, you're definitely welcome to join.  I'd be more than happy to work out a concept with you.

Seeking New Stories

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Tokyorose627

This game sounds like something new and exciting!

So I read some of it, and I wanted to make sure, we can only make members of royalty if GM approves, correct?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 14, 2016, 07:27:40 PM
This game sounds like something new and exciting!

So I read some of it, and I wanted to make sure, we can only make members of royalty if GM approves, correct?

Yep.  I would need to read and review a concept first.

However, it should be noted that presently we have four children of the immediate king that are legitimate.  I think that's enough for now, and it would have to be a very strong concept to consider expanding that.  I am open to cousins/nephews and nieces and the like.

Seeking New Stories

Tokyorose627

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 14, 2016, 07:32:19 PM
Yep.  I would need to read and review a concept first.

However, it should be noted that presently we have four children of the immediate king that are legitimate.  I think that's enough for now, and it would have to be a very strong concept to consider expanding that.  I am open to cousins/nephews and nieces and the like.

Would it be possible to make a character that's of another Royal Family? Maybe from a distant land or other nation?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on November 14, 2016, 07:33:24 PM
Would it be possible to make a character that's of another Royal Family? Maybe from a distant land or other nation?

I'll say that I'm open to it, but would need to hear a concept before deciding.

Seeking New Stories