Chula wants to run an adventure path! [Pathfinder, interest check]

Started by Chulanowa, December 28, 2016, 03:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataclysmic Archangel

I can vote for that one just so it has a number?

Seriously, I just am looking for a game, and know nothing about any of the adventures, however.  :p

Bibliophilia

Well, I've already started on a character, so.....those people can just bugger off.  Especially since there's no one more awesome than I.

Vergil Tanner

I actually have a loose concept in mind for an Elven Magus, too...and I would LOVE for him to sink his teeth into Kingmaker. I already have his starting equipment nailed down in my head, and his starting Feat. His general attitude, though, I'm still debating on. I'm leaning towards slightly arrogant Nobility. But sexy arrogant nobility. Being an Elf and all. :P

And excuse me, I'm the birthday boy. So for the next little bit, I'm at least more awesome than you. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

HopeFox

My current plan is for a human barbarian with a goodly amount of Diplomacy and Intimidate. She's made a name for herself acting as a negotiator and peacekeeper between the disparate tribes of her homeland, but can still throw down and rage out with the best of them. :)
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Wargtass

I have got a thing for bards lately, so might try that. I have heard that diplomacy is a good skill to have in Kingmaker...
O/O

NinjaWeazel

Guess I'm pitching the human Monk, if we're all talking concepts up in here. Quiet, polite, less 'I know kung fu' and more 'I will clear this bar if a brawl breaks out'.

Petrus02

i'm not deciding on a character until we know what adventure path the GM wants to play. Once he decides that, and opens a recuitment thread or tells us to submit here i will do ._.

NinjaWeazel

While nominally true and a good idea, Kingmaker does seem to be in the lead by a long country mile.

And I can punch people in the face no matter what module.   ;D

Vergil Tanner

This is true, if he's going for votes, Kingmaker looks like it's gonna win by a landslide. :P

Besides, even if he picks Giantslayer, I'll still be doing my Magus :P

So Chul...how will you want us to do our stats? 4d6 reroll 1's, minus lowest result? 3d6? 25 Point Buy? 10 + 2d4? Dice Pool? Etc etc?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 29, 2016, 07:52:57 PM
This is true, if he's going for votes, Kingmaker looks like it's gonna win by a landslide. :P

Besides, even if he picks Giantslayer, I'll still be doing my Magus :P

So Chul...how will you want us to do our stats? 4d6 reroll 1's, minus lowest result? 3d6? 25 Point Buy? 10 + 2d4? Dice Pool? Etc etc?

it's a chin-scratcher between Kingmaker, Shattered Star, and Serpent's Skull at this moment. I have an arcane system that even I don't fully understand. As soon as the stars are right, we'll have a Strange Aeons recruitment thread going on.

(No, it won't be Strange Aeons. I've seen what you people do with tentacles, good god.)

I always do point-buys for my games, and this time, I'm feeling 25-ish  ;D

NinjaWeazel

Is that a lot? Because I'm gonna have a real bad case of 'needs everything real high'. stupid sexy Monk  >:( Also core monk only or can I use the Unchained Monk?

Vergil Tanner

I only have room for one more Pathfinder game, and I REALLY want to do Kingmaker, sooooo the other ones would be a bit unlikely for me to join besides Giantslayer. Just making my stance clear. :-)

Anywho! 25 sounds ok...though could we barter you up to 30? My Magus's Con would be so LOW that I would die on the first decent hit. >.<

And hey! What's wrong with a good bit of tentacle rape in a Pathfinder game? This is E! There has to be SOME threat of Sexual Nonsense with the monsters! ;) :P

Chulanowa

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on December 29, 2016, 08:06:35 PM
Is that a lot? Because I'm gonna have a real bad case of 'needs everything real high'. stupid sexy Monk  >:( Also core monk only or can I use the Unchained Monk?

25-point buy is generally hte highest, yeah. You can find a calculator for it here.

As for unchained monk? I love Pathfinder Unchained, and tend to use a lot of stuff from it. So yes, Unchained Monk is an option. Just keep in mind that most archetypes don't work with it.

QuoteMy Magus's Con would be so LOW that I would die on the first decent hit. >.<

Have you considered being a dwarf? I mean, spindly-ass Elf magi are a dime a dozen, with their stupid scimitars that they get from pretending to worship Sarenrae. But you? Man, you could pick up that Deep Marshall archetype and rock face with a dwarven urgosh and medium armor, man. Imagine, Constitution 18, a breastplate, the ability to use spell combat with a two-handed weapon (...I think? The archetype is a little vague, if gives you all these two-handed options and shields so...) and you'll be the only badass burly motherfucker at the spindly finger-twiddly elf magi with drizzt-sticks convention  ;D

NinjaWeazel

man I dont even know anything about archetypes, I was just on the pfd20 SRD website and it was all 'heres the monk ... did you mean the Unchained monk?' and I looked and went 'wow that's a lot neater, maybe I did mean the Unchained Monk, thank you website' and the website was like 'you're welcome, Weazel'

Also Dwarves make the best everything, science facts.

Vergil Tanner

QuoteHave you considered being a dwarf? I mean, spindly-ass Elf magi are a dime a dozen, with their stupid scimitars that they get from pretending to worship Sarenrae. But you? Man, you could pick up that Deep Marshall archetype and rock face with a dwarven urgosh and medium armor, man. Imagine, Constitution 18, a breastplate, the ability to use spell combat with a two-handed weapon (...I think? The archetype is a little vague, if gives you all these two-handed options and shields so...) and you'll be the only badass burly motherfucker at the spindly finger-twiddly elf magi with drizzt-sticks convention  ;D

Unfortunately, my concept requires an Elf. I might change it to a Half-Elf, just to get rid of that pesky -2 to Con, but the Elves +2 to Intelligence - especially for a Magus - is way too important to pass up. I'll just see if I can jack up his Dex a little...get a Buckler for that extra +1 AC...and I think I'll have Shield as one of my starting Level 1 Spells. An Immediate Action Spell that gives you +4 AC? Not bad at all.

Also, in regards to Unchained Monks:
There is a book that has some Archetypes for Unchained Monks, you'd just need to find it. But UM is, IMHO, so much stronger and more flexible than normal Monk that the Archetypes don't even really matter unless you're going for a very specific build.

NinjaWeazel

Vergil Tanner

HP: 11 (d8)
Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 10 (0)
Cha: 10 (0)

Eh....it will do.

Silver Phoenix

Presently I have a strong inkling to play a Oracle or perhaps Druid; not sure which mystery yet for the Orcale.
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

Chulanowa

Well, i ran the numbers through my Arcane Process of Elimination, and have decided to run Legacy of Flame!

Oh... wait... I have to apologize...

Well, the fact is that mathematically through said Arcane Process of Elimination, Kingmaker lost to Shattered Star by 0.2% But you know what? Fuck it, this isn't the Electoral College, everyone seems pumped for Kingmaker - or at least quite willing to give it a go, so you all get Kingmaker! I'll have a separate recruitment thread up in a few moments!

Edit: The recruitment thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=260843.0

Bibliophilia

-snickers.-  Fucking Steve Harvey. -drops his ass down a well.-

Vergil Tanner

Sweet! Can I reserve a spot? Not at a computer right now but I'll have an application out tonight! I already have the main flesh of the bio sorted out.

Question: does kingmaker start with the kingdoms already built, or just as they're starting to build them? How does that work?