News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Ancient Curse

Started by Lady Jenn, September 27, 2015, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkleather

"We're going to Vegas to buy a book?  Can't you guys just impound it & whisk it away to your secret storehouse under the Pentagon?"

Lady Jenn

"Because we can't be sure WHAT it is," Kirk replied. "I'd rather we find out what we're dealing with before we start deciding what library to hide it in."

"Why?" Lehmann asked Geoff. "Would you rather I left you here with Kirk and the other guys while I go deal with this my self?"

Darkleather

"Hey, no, I'm more than happy for a trip to Vegas."!

Lady Jenn

"You'd better take him to the armoury," Kirk said with a smirk. "I don't think you're gonna be wanting to babysit him if something goes wrong."

"It depends," Lehmann said, turning to Geoff. "Do you know how to use a gun safely?"

Darkleather

"A gun?  Well I've done some time on the range and I know which end to point - but I'm not an expert of any kind"

Lady Jenn

"Well come with me," Lehmann said. "Our guns are a bit different to your standard fare...or at least the ammo is anyway."

He led the way to a large double-door, inside which were walls lined with everything from small pistols to machine guns, plus other stranger weapons.

"Take your pick," Lehmann said. "I'll get us some ammo for these guns."

Darkleather

Geoff scratched his head as he looked at the array of weapons in front of him.  He'd never been keen on guns, so didn't really know what to do for.

In the end, he picked a handgun which looked nasty enough to scare the nervous while not being so massive it would break his wrist

"I assume the fact that I don't have a license won't be a problem?"

Lady Jenn

"I won't tell if you won't," Lehmann said with a laugh as he returned with a suitcase, opening to reveal a whole series of differently coloured clips.

"Pretty much everything we could need in here," he said, picking up one clip which was glowing green. "Never asked what this is exactly, except it's good with zombies."

Darkleather

"...and that has been needed has it?"  said Geoff with surprise.  Geoff was actually starting to wonder whether this was all some kind of massive hoax and was furtively looking around for Derren Brown.

"So which do we need to take?  Because there's ...umm... quite a few to choose from"

Lady Jenn

"All of them," he said, replacing the ammo and closing the case. "Better to be over-prepared on this job than under-prepared."

He walked over to one wall and took down a sheath, pulling out an unusually glowing sword before sheathing it again.

"No offence, but I'm gonna look after this one."

Darkleather

"No problems, Luke, you can keep the lightsaber."

Geoff looked through the ammunition for some kind of indication as to what each one was good for before grabbing several clips and loading his gun

Lady Jenn

"It's not a lightsaber," Lehmann said with a laugh. "It may amaze you to hear this but not everything can be stopped by shooting it."

He picked up the suitcase, heading towards the door, trying to think if he had forgotten anything.

"You got any more questions before we head out? Cos I don't suggest bombarding me with questions once we get there."

Darkleather

Geoff stuffed the gun in one pocket and the ammunition in another one.

"Well, I guess, what's the plan?"

He looked down at his jacket, pocket bulging blatantly with the gun & ammunition

"And...something like a holster?"

Lady Jenn

"Here's a holster," Lehmann said, throwing a holster to him from one wall of the armoury. "As for the plan preferably we deal with this peacefully. There are too many potential problems caused if we start an unnecessary firefight in the middle of Vegas."

Darkleather

Geoff slipped the holster on under his jacket and fiddled with it until it felt comfortable.

As Lehmann spoke he nodded

"No arguments from me there"

Lady Jenn

"One other thing to bear in mind," Lehmann said. "A problem stemming from this idiot deciding to post it on eBay for other people to see it. The kind of people likely to find that book...'interesting' aren't gonna bother politely bidding for the book. They're more likely to come pick it up in person. By force if necessary."

Darkleather

"He posted it on ebay?  I guess there's no accounting for stupidity."

Geoff looked at Lehmann

"Look, I'm not objecting to going along - this is like the best thing that ever happened to me.  But if you're expecting trouble, are you sure the best person to have along is an untrained civilian?"

Lady Jenn

"You're there to help in the event it's simple," Lehmann replied. "Or if all else fails to help our dealer get out of the building while I deal with our rivals."

He did one last scan of the room to check he hadn't missed something.

"I think we're ready to go," he said finally. "Let's hope we don't have any more unwanted surprises waiting for us."

Darkleather

"O..K" Geoff slowly drawled

As Lehmann went to leave the room, Geoff walked up behind him and whispered "You sure?  I mean this seriously seems like your organisation is sending you into a risky situation somewhat bare-arsed!"

Lady Jenn

"I'm not as ill-equipped as you think," he said, jumping into the car and putting the sheath on the back seat, starting the car. He brought up a computer screen and put in the destination, the car pulling away once he'd pulled away.

"I wonder how much money the average car company would pay for this tech?" Lehmann asked with a laugh.

Darkleather

Geoff settled back into the passenger seat.

"Probably quite a bit I would imagine - though I would imagine the government would pay a lot more for it"

Geoff pondered for a moment

"Still, it's a good way to avoid drink driving"

Lady Jenn

"I'm not say this tech won't make it to the outside world eventually," Lehmann said with a smile. "But SPAIA has first dibs on anything not specifically designed for our job."

He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a necklace with a locket around and placed it over his neck.

"Suddenly thought all things considered I might wind up needing this."

Darkleather

"Sounds like you have some good minds at work for you then...and probably some serious sponsors."

He watched as Lehmann put the necklace on and raised an eyebrow as Lehmann didn't seem the type for personal jewellery

"Why?  what does it do?"

Lady Jenn

"I don't know who pays for our tech," Lehmann said. "And thankfully keeping track of them is WAY above my pay grade."

"As for the necklace, each of these has one of the Yggdrasil fragments we've found in them. Can't completely protect you from harm but turns out to be quite useful when you're facing a magic user."

Darkleather

"Oh well fair enough then.  Should we come across a magic user, you can definitely deal with them."

Geoff looked at Lehmann and to his surprise the man seemed to be serious