AHS: Haunted Circus (Recruiting)(LGBT+ Friendly)(EX)

Started by Jag, January 20, 2019, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Аѫёяїcап Hѳяяѳя $тѳяч: Hацптёд Cїяcц$

Tабгё ѳf Cѳптёпт$

Яцгё$ апд Їпfѳяѫатїѳп

• This game is not being run to take the place of AHS: Coven Reborn, but rather as an addition to it. See 'Related Information' below for more about that. AHS: Coven Reborn is currently on hiatus while I work out some kinks.
  • No godmodding. Ghosts in AHS are very powerful beings. If you are going to use a powerful ability against another player, it must be discussed out first in OC or PM.
  • This game will take place in the Extreme section. All posts must be tagged appropriately. Sexual activity is not the primary goal, but it is not disallowed. There will be a separate thread for both intimate scenes and for non-con scenes.
  • LGBT+ characters are very much welcomed. Encouraged. A large focus on the game will be breaking down the gender divide between witches and warlocks. Characters outside the gender binary are highly encouraged.
  • You may play a canon character (one of Edward's troupe shown in Freak Show or one of Elsa's deceased freaks), but you may also create originals. I prefer originals, but we have room for canon characters. That being said, both original and canon characters will be limited in their powers to begin with. No over powering your characters.
  • Twisty is not an option for a playable character. The reason for this is because it is highly hinted that Twisty in the show does not have full adult mental capacity. Twisty may be referenced and even used as a minor NPC, but he will not be involved in violent or sexual scenes.
  • Human characters will be accepted as well. This is not a ghosts only game. Humans will have the chance to be killed and changed to Ghost status.
  • Disregard of the tagging system and a player's Ons/Offs will not be tolerated. Likewise, incivility, outright rudeness towards other players, disregarding what is happening in a scene, and blatant ignoring of the godmodding rule will not be tolerated either. You may be asked to leave the game if the situation is bad enough.
  • Game is largely freeform. Any fighting between players will be predetermined via OOC/PM chats.
  • Game will have no set pace. Please attempt to notify GM(s) or post in OOC regarding long absences. After two weeks of no activity, I shall reach out to see if you are okay and to see if we need to skip you in a scene if you are part of some kind of event. If you do not reply within a week of that message, you will be automatically skipped, but not removed. If there is still no response two more weeks after your last activity in the game, you will be considered on hiatus and out of the scene. You can still return to the game as whole, just not that event as it will have moved on by then. No player will be removed from the game just based on activity, you can always return and start a new scene.

Яёгатёд Їпfѳяѫатїѳп

This game is going to run alongside my American Horror Story: Coven Reborn universe. What this means is, like AHS itself, they are interchangeable. While ghosts confined to the circus can't just randomly show up at Robichaux, Witches and Warlocks from Robichaux are free to come and go as they please within this game. The only time a ghost character from Circus can appear in Robichaux is during Halloween Night or if they get permission from Edward to leave the grounds.

You will have two options on using your Witch or Warlock in the circus:
  • You can submit them with the proper CS formatting to me via PM and have them listed in the CS Thread as a player.
  • You can use the One-Shot (which has not been put up yet) thread to do quick scenes. You do not need to submit a new CS for this. Just link your Coven CS in your header.

Because of this, it also means that you may use a faceclaim more than once. If you have a Faceclaim in Coven, that is your FC for any and all AHS related games I create. No one else may use that FC. You, however, can. If you are not moving your whole Coven character over and just want to reuse the FC, you must make them different.

Example: Ezra Miller as a FC belongs to me for AHS. I use him as Maverick Snow in Coven and can do so in here too, but I may also use him as a Ghost or Human in here. He may not have the same personality though. It must be a new character. There can be similarities, but no copy and paste. Maverick is a gender bending, very sensual, open minded Warlock in Coven. So as a Ghost or Human in here, he is more likely to be rather reserved and soft spoken.

Should AHS: Haunted Circus or AHS: Coven Reborn reach Big Game Status, all threads involving my AHS universe will be moved to the board. Even though they run as different stories, they are all in the same related timeline and each can be used to further a character's history and powers (if they have any). If we reach big game status, we can even do large events, such as the whole coven itself being invited by Edward to the circus with a promise that no attempts on their lives will be made.

Fаcёcгаїѫ$

Please post your Faceclaims in this thread so that others can see it. That way in case I forget to update the list, it is still here somewhere.

Already claimed faces:
  • Ezra Miller - Adar Eisen - Jag
  • Auzzy Blood - Cutting Curt - Jag
  • Wes Bentley - Edward Mordrake - Jag
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Cнаяаcтёя $нёёт $кёгётѳп$

PM these to me. Do not post them in this thread. Only post your Faceclaim in this thread.

Example Character Sheets

Gнѳ$т

Їптяѳдцcтїѳп
Character name:
Age at time of Death:
Height:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Status: (Newly deceased? Collected by Edward?) (What work do they do in the carnival? Clown, Acrobat, Barker, etc...?)

Pёя$ѳпаг

Personality: Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

Hobbies: As many as you like

Magics: Please refer to this post for what ghosts are capable of doing.

History: At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please. Include how they died.

Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$

Faceclaim: (No animated images, only real life images)

Extra Images: (Optional)

Extra Tidbits: (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

Connections With Other Characters: (Optional to fill out as you go)

[center][size=15pt][u]Gнѳ$т[/u][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]https://gowscc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Wasat_Theatre_Masks_clip_art_medium.png[/img][/float] [glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Їптяѳдцcтїѳп[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age at time of Death:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] (Newly deceased? Collected by Edward?) (What work do they do in the carnival? Clown, Acrobat, Barker, etc...?)

[glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Pёя$ѳпаг[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Personality:[/b] Ideally a paragraph here or a list of at least five traits.

[b]Hobbies:[/b] As many as you like

[b]Magics:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=299349.msg14640587#msg14640587]this post[/url] for what ghosts are capable of doing.

[b]History:[/b] At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please. Include how they died.

[glow=green,2,300][size=15pt][u]Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (No animated images, only real life images)

[b]Extra Images:[/b] (Optional)

[b]Extra Tidbits:[/b] (Any non-magical talents, traits, quirks, etc...)

[b]Connections With Other Characters:[/b] (Optional to fill out as you go)

Шїтcн/Шаягѳcк

Їптяѳдцcтїѳп
Character name:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Status: (Witch or Warlock?) (What do they do outside of going to a ghost circus?)

Pёя$ѳпаг

Magics: Please refer to this post for what witches and warlocks are capable of doing.

History: At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$

[center][size=15pt][u]Шїтcн/Шаягѳcк[/u][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/XenvfvM.png[/img][/float] [glow=purple,2,300][size=15pt][u]Їптяѳдцcтїѳп[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] (Witch or Warlock?) (What do they do outside of going to a ghost circus?)

[glow=purple,2,300][size=15pt][u]Pёя$ѳпаг[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]Magics:[/b] Please refer to [url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=299349.msg14640592#msg14640592]this post[/url] for what witches and warlocks are capable of doing.

[b]History:[/b] At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please.

[glow=purple,2,300][size=15pt][u]Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$[/u][/size][/glow]

Hцѫап

Їптяѳдцcтїѳп
Character name:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Status: (What do they do in their day to day life? College student, fast food employee, artist, etc...?)

Pёя$ѳпаг

History: At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please. Please include how they found the carnival. Humans are not aware at the beginning that they are at a ghost carnival. Humans end up here for a reason. Usually a tragic reason. Be creative if you would like.

Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$

[center][size=15pt][u]Hцѫап[/u][/size][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]https://cdn3.iconfinder.com/data/icons/buildings-16/64/_Circus_Tent-512.png[/img][/float] [glow=blue,2,300][size=15pt][u]Їптяѳдцcтїѳп[/u][/size][/glow]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] (What do they do in their day to day life? College student, fast food employee, artist, etc...?)

[glow=blue,2,300][size=15pt][u]Pёя$ѳпаг[/u][/size][/glow]

[b]History:[/b] At least 2-3 paragraphs. No histories of severe memory loss, please. Please include how they found the carnival. Humans are not aware at the beginning that they are at a ghost carnival. Humans end up here for a reason. Usually a tragic reason. Be creative if you would like.

[glow=blue,2,300][size=15pt][u]Ѫї$cёггапёѳц$[/u][/size][/glow]

Jag

If people would like to see a completed ghost sheet or two, please let me know in here and I will post the two I have made.

Rel Mayer

I want to say this is very interesting. Love the concept.

I'm already thinking out some ideas for characters. Plant my interested flag down.

Jag

Awesome. ^_^

Let me know if you want to see the two sheets I made up for ideas. Your character, if a ghost that lives at the circus, does not have to be a 'freak'. One of mine is a more 'traditional' freakshow type (he has three legs) and the other is more a performer (Human Blockhead), rather than being disfigured or disabled.

LamentingQuill

Do ypu have to be human? I was thinking about a demon

Jag

It would be very dependent on what idea you had for a demon. There are demons such as the Addiction Demon that were created by humans (such as Sally) and serve a very specific purpose and serve a specific master (addiction demon listens to March). Those types of demons, while they could be powerful, would be very lacking in personality.

Humans turned Demon would fall more in line with someone like Edward Mordrake himself. He died, became a ghost, but surpassed many ghostly abilities that would likely put him in a lower demon class. Such as not being confined to the grounds of his death. So a powerful enough ghost could become a demon entity.

The one I am most likely to work with would be a hybrid. Nowhere near Michael Langdon's powers, as that would be god modding. A half human/half demon. Could play on a Cambion or even with the AHS Afflicted (vampires) by going with some form of a Dhampir.

What did you have in mind?

Supias

I am interested in this concept.  I haven't watched that particular AHS, but I have seen 3 others, and hope I can blend nicely into the world.  The character I have in mind is a ghost tethered to an object, maybe recently acquired by the circus.  This might smooth over any breaches in my knowledge of the world they are in. 

I doubt he would be content in living his existence in the freak show, but he would be more than content being a roustabout or something equally mundane.  I'll be working on a character profile and keeping a close eye on this thread.

Jag

Huge knowledge of AHS isn't required. Especially if you play a human.

AHS ghosts don't really seem to be tethered to objects, but rather locations. However, I'd be willing to work with that, because no where I found says they can't be object bound, so long as the concept makes sense for them to be tied to the object. We could even go a little more creative with it, if you would like. Vampires, ghosts, witches/warlocks, demons, angels, aliens, and the like all exist in AHS; so we could play with already known creatures that are object bound. Such as Djinn/Genies.

If you think that's something you'd like to try, I can PM you and we can discuss it. Otherwise, you are free to do an object bound spirit that Edward acquires.

Jag

Rel Mayer

Just making sure a Fortune Teller character would be alright to create within this setting? I have an interesting idea for one that is also a Witch.

I remember there being one in the show, so I was assuming maybe a yes?

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Jag on January 21, 2019, 02:24:13 PM
It would be very dependent on what idea you had for a demon. There are demons such as the Addiction Demon that were created by humans (such as Sally) and serve a very specific purpose and serve a specific master (addiction demon listens to March). Those types of demons, while they could be powerful, would be very lacking in personality.

Humans turned Demon would fall more in line with someone like Edward Mordrake himself. He died, became a ghost, but surpassed many ghostly abilities that would likely put him in a lower demon class. Such as not being confined to the grounds of his death. So a powerful enough ghost could become a demon entity.

The one I am most likely to work with would be a hybrid. Nowhere near Michael Langdon's powers, as that would be god modding. A half human/half demon. Could play on a Cambion or even with the AHS Afflicted (vampires) by going with some form of a Dhampir.

What did you have in mind?

Kinda like Crowley from Supernatural or a run of the mill crossroads demon sort of thing, attempting demon deals and the like.

Jag

Quote from: Rel Mayer on January 22, 2019, 10:30:47 PM
Just making sure a Fortune Teller character would be alright to create within this setting? I have an interesting idea for one that is also a Witch.

I remember there being one in the show, so I was assuming maybe a yes?

I would be happy with a fortune teller. ^^

Quote from: LamentingQuill on January 22, 2019, 11:15:26 PM
Kinda like Crowley from Supernatural or a run of the mill crossroads demon sort of thing, attempting demon deals and the like.

We could make that work. Maybe Edward plotted the circus near or on the demon's crossroads. Might make the demon unhappy or they could like the new business.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Jag on January 23, 2019, 05:47:11 AM
I would be happy with a fortune teller. ^^

We could make that work. Maybe Edward plotted the circus near or on the demon's crossroads. Might make the demon unhappy or they could like the new business.

So we talking real people pics or artwork? Or both?

CurvyKitten

Glad I caught this! bookmarking for musing ideas!! Woot!

Jag

Quote from: LamentingQuill on January 24, 2019, 02:36:12 AM
So we talking real people pics or artwork? Or both?

Still real people images with a Faceclaim, though I will allow a "true form" image that can be artwork. So long as the style is more realistic and not anime like. This way they have a form they can move about with among the humans and witches/warlocks without being immediately outed as a demon.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 24, 2019, 04:09:11 AM
Glad I caught this! bookmarking for musing ideas!! Woot!

Yay!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Jag on January 24, 2019, 04:46:16 AM
Still real people images with a Faceclaim, though I will allow a "true form" image that can be artwork. So long as the style is more realistic and not anime like. This way they have a form they can move about with among the humans and witches/warlocks without being immediately outed as a demon.

Yay!

Ah, I was looking at this

Jag

Quote from: LamentingQuill on January 25, 2019, 01:09:37 PM
Ah, I was looking at this

Sorry, but I'm not okay with the image. It's too anime-like for my comfort and for the AHS setting.

I would be fine with two faceclaims. One for a demon form and one for a human form. The demon form wouldn't even have to have a specific faceclaim if it was just someone in some really nice makeup/costume; if you want to go that route.