Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Trouble in Paradise (Recruitment)

Started by Prosak, December 01, 2017, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

Hello, after a successful interest check I am now making the official recruitment thread for a Jojo's role play. I am calling it Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Trouble In Paradise and I hope to make it a fun role play for everyone. We currently have 3 interested players and 3 other players with finished characters. (One other who has waited until we got to this point to finish their character.) Now without wasting anyone's time, allow me to explain a bit of the plot:  The plot it'self will focus in a city hub, where strange thing's are brewing which slowly draws our heroes together. It all truly begins when the mysterious Alessandro Zepelli, a master of a rare and secret mystical art known as The Wave comes to the (fictional) Japanese city of Paradise. Alessandro, a practical hermit of a man stumbled upon an alarming realization, that this city was filled withat least a few hundred Stand users and those with the potential to become one. Most completely unaware that so many were in one place and thats if they were even aware of stand users at all... Despite being a drifter, Alessandro decides to stay in Paradise city in order to investigate the city's alarming number of stand users living and moving there. In the coarse of this investigation, Alessandro meets a man/women by the name of Jojo and uncovers a more alarming mystery then he anticipated. 

Setting Details :

Eliquiy timeline: This does not take place in the Phantom Blood timeline nor the Steel Ball Run timeline. This universe takes place in it's own timeline we will call the Eliquiy Timely for the sake of Brevity.

Paradaisu City: The Yaeyama Islands are an archipelago in the southwest of Okinawa Prefecture, Japan, and cover 591.46 square kilometres. The islands are located southwest of the Miyako Islands, part of the Ryukyu Islands archipelago. For this universe It's series of islands are treated like a resort for tourists and is a series of vacation hot spot's. In this universe, there is one extra island within the Yaeyama archipelago. This island is called Bara Island (Roses Island.) And on this island sit's Paradaisu City. (Paradise City.)Instead of the city of Ishigaki, Paradeisu serves as the political, cultural, and economic head of the Yaeyama Islands. A large city with a great economic upturn due to it's popularity as the hottest place to visit for any vacationer to Japan. It is mainly a Japanese city but it is also a city filled with foreign culture and is often times referred to as the Los Angeles of Japan. It is a beautiful gem, however it is tarnished form the inside. While it looks pretty, it is a hard and un-affordable place to live for the rural locals. And because it's city and prefecture's government is constantly controlled and bought out not much changes for the better. The real people in control here are company after company full of corporate fat cat's with global expansionist agendas. Buying out land and property from families that lived in the area for generations. And they take this land by practical force if necessary. In order to expand businesses and corporate gains.

Stand Users: Stand users in this world only get their powers through dramatic events or sheer will power, if they have the potential. Or, they can have them through their parents.

Bōlàng de fāngshì: Otherwise called Hilàng. In an English translation it is called The way of the Wave, or put simply, The Wave. A mystical art that in this world has originated in China, shortly before the Warring State's Period, in roughly 474 BC. It is a art form that start's with the user exerting themselves by moving in fluid dance like motion's designed to build up friction and kinetic force's within their body. Utilizing one's Qi (Or spirit) they generate this wave of pure kinetic energy that is focused to their open palm's. Once Wave energy has been built up, it appears as a blue energy emitting from the user's open palm. When static, the blue and transparent energy flows around the user's hands in a wave like motion, moving forward's and backwards away and towards their hand.  Once used on a targeted object or person the energy flows through them in a circular pulse wave  ( 2 ). Wave energy can be emitted from long range or for more potency used in point blank contact. The name come's from the dance like fluidity of the user's movement's, accompanied by the waving blue energy emitting from their palms.

Applications: Energy built up using The Wave can be used to disrupt a target's natural Qi flow, with a simple palm strike unwary or weak willed individuals are rendered unconscious. Wave energy it's self is a state of pure motion, this motion of energy can be projected onto a target like waves of pure kinetic power, hurling the target away or even having enough kinetic force to blast holes into steel. This wave of motion can also accelerate or decelerate the physical state of being. All living being's are in a constant state of motion and friction. Wave energy can slow down or accelerate this natural state of perpetual movement for untold applications. Including, the ability to accelerate a humans healing process, healing them instantaneously and even beyond natural ability. It is even believed, not confirmed, that legendary miracle healer's throughout history have used The Way of The Wave to perform their holy feats.

Accepted Character Sheets: < Click the link

Character Sheet's:

We have yet to find a Jojo. I am willing to play Jojo if no one takes the role, but it is a open role for anyone whom wants it.

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[i][b]Name:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Gender:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Stand Name:[/b][/i] Do try to keep it in the theme of Music or Fashion. Though the use of Tarrot Cards is acceptable seeing as this is our own reality. (Please link the song the Stand is named after, if it is named after a song. ^^ )

[i][b]Stand Stat's:[/b][/i] Destructive Power:  Speed:  Range:  Durability:  Precision:  Development Potential: (Stats can be anything you want really as these stats are not always acurate to a stands actual power or viability, a stand with straight D's can be as if not more dangerous then a stand with consistent B's.)

[i][b]Stand Type:[/b][/i] Ability type followed by what their form type is. This is the link listing them in the official wiki : http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand_Types . A example: Long Range, Artificial Humanoid, Sentient Stand. Which means it is a stand who's power is long ranged, appears as a humanoid machine or artificial being and has it's own sentient thought. Or: Close Range, Non Humanoid. A stand who's power works close range and has a non human apearance such as a drone, animal or beast.

[i][b]Stand Appearance:[/b][/i] Description, or picture if you have one you think works for a stand.

[i][b]Stand Personality:[/b][/i] If applicable. Some stands can have a personality independent from the user while others may not.

[i][b]Stand's Power:[/b][/i] Try to be original, or if it is a existing power make a interesting spin on it. Do remember to give it interesting quirk's, limit's, requirements or set backs. Time based stands are strictly prohibited. Sorry but these types are severely overpowered and typically end up being a main villain power.

Non Stand User sheet:

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[i][b]Name:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Gender:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]

Lux12

ZincStandard

Prosak

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

kingmaster1

Prosak

Glad to have your interest! Hope to see what you guys have in store for characters.  Kingmaster: will review as soon as I'm off work.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Prosak on December 03, 2017, 08:32:08 PM
Glad to have your interest! Hope to see what you guys have in store for characters.  Kingmaster: will review as soon as I'm off work.

Awesome ^_^

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Prosak on December 03, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

For some reason I have this idea of my gal's stand kind of being a mix of tusk and love deluxe to be honest. Kind of liked how those two worked. ;)

...Though I did also love me some Satanic Coupler...and Marilyn Manson (stealin' your organs and body parts for the monies ftw!).
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Prosak

Well cant wait to see what you come up with. ^^ .

Lol, well you can always think of a Manson or Coupler song that works for a stand similar to tusk or love deluxe. ^^

Prosak

Ok I was giving people some time to make characters, and in contacting them most backed out, few didn't reply and only one has retained interest but is still a little busy from what I've gathered. So still looking for interest and I apologize to those who have made characters and are waiting. I will just simply start it soon with what we have. We do notyet have a jojo, however I can easily Nov jojo.

TheBlackThrone

I don't want to hold up the game, so you can count me out. I figured if my CS hasn't budged since where I left it, then it's probably not a good idea. My apologies.  -_-
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Prosak

No worries your not holding up the game. If you still want to take part feel free to make your character and jump in whenever you feel up to it.