Welcome to Darkholme - 2018 Open and Active Recruiting Vampires Needed!

Started by dblkrose, November 04, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

dblkrose

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Codexa

dblkrose

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Endwell

all's well may or may not endwell... with me working on Bios  >:)
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Amarlo

I must admit, I am tempted once again...

I suppose the ultimate question is what I want to play... -eyeballs the character thread.- Anything in particular needed/wanted?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

dblkrose

-D

Roleplay Frog

*rolls in, makes pondering noises*
Anything particular you are looking for or just general lack of the bat factor?

dblkrose

Quote from: Deva on March 19, 2018, 03:37:12 PM
*rolls in, makes pondering noises*
Anything particular you are looking for or just general lack of the bat factor?

Hello Deva,

Thank you for your interest. We are pretty heavy on Wolves and Hunter's but our Vampire Faction has taken some losses and we are looking for that most of all. Either a Human who wishes to become a Vampire or a Vampire outright. If you wish more details on that Faction send me a PM. ~db

-D

Roleplay Frog

PM sent.

I guess a factor that restricts application for vampires is the lack of description in the character creation thread, you have a huge, detailed lorepost on wolfs and their abilities, two vampire covens, basically character lists, and then a human hunter speech, unless I'm missing something crucial.

dblkrose

Quote from: Deva on March 19, 2018, 05:24:57 PM
PM sent.

I guess a factor that restricts application for vampires is the lack of description in the character creation thread, you have a huge, detailed lorepost on wolfs and their abilities, two vampire covens, basically character lists, and then a human hunter speech, unless I'm missing something crucial.

Funny, that was something me and the other GM was talking about today. I got your PM. Will send you a reply when I get settled for the night.

-D

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: dblkrose on March 19, 2018, 06:47:57 PM
Funny, that was something me and the other GM was talking about today. I got your PM. Will send you a reply when I get settled for the night.

The problem is exacerbated by the heterogenity of vampires, even in popular culture. Try and name two different franchises using relatively comparable rules for them. Not that a lack of rules to encourage creativity would hurt, but some basic outlines have to be set to guide people, here's an example:

Werewolf vs vampire vs hunter, who wins in an armwrestling match of pure strength? Obviously the werewolf you say, vampire second place, propably, as their undead strength is secondary to their abilities. But what if you have a well trained hunter against a non physically focused vampire? Or what if you have an elder vampire lord against a werewolf on their second moon, is it still an insurmountable difference or does age/bloodline of the vampire factor in here?

Now obviously those aren't questions to discuss here at length, but leaving them unanswered leaves the vampire-faction a big question mark and frankly, only reason I peeped up here was because I quite enjoy the character archetype.