Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 18, 2015, 02:09:12 AM
I've already finished the demo... This game needs a fucking release dates soon. 

Can the Demo be played more than once?

I'm still leery of breaking out the game. Maybe as soon as I am awake for more than 4 hours at a time, and back down for another four. I know better than to push myself into a dizzy by having fun.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 17, 2015, 03:45:28 PM
That's an endorsement I can get behind. Out of curiosity, what did you think of the first XIII? Also, hey Saint, been way too long!

It's okay, we can still have our little FF XIII ♥-on. ;D I was even playing it for the third time this past week to get myself hyped for Type-0. XIII was my first Final Fantasy game and I had nothing else to compare it to, so I had a fresh perspective of the title games.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Galactic Druid

You missed out on a couple good ones, Cookie. I'd personally recommend X, VI, and VIII, all three have that awesome mix of magic and machine, X in particular has a lot of "old world" tech that strikes the same cord as Numenera and XIII for me.

VIII was not the best in the series, especially in terms of game mechanics, I'll admit that, and a lot of people didn't like it, but I loved it's setting. As far as I can tell, it's Mercenary training ground, the Garden, actually has a lot in common with Type-0's setting.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Oreo

I played X, but not until it came out in HD. I have a hard time with the others because I fail at playing on the PC, and my TV it too awesome for the older games. : ( They look so pixelated I can't tell a treasure chest from a chocobo. I tried III on my PC from Steam but it kept crashing. I need to change rooms with hubby and play the games on the projection TV. *nodnod*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on March 18, 2015, 06:22:49 AM
Can the Demo be played more than once?

I'm still leery of breaking out the game. Maybe as soon as I am awake for more than 4 hours at a time, and back down for another four. I know better than to push myself into a dizzy by having fun.

It's okay, we can still have our little FF XIII ♥-on. ;D I was even playing it for the third time this past week to get myself hyped for Type-0. XIII was my first Final Fantasy game and I had nothing else to compare it to, so I had a fresh perspective of the title games.

After you finish the demo they time travel you back to right before you end it so you can go everywhere.  I'm not sure if there was anymore content to explore.  I ended the demo at level 26.

Yeah, sorry but after you play XV and Type-0 you are going to see how much trash XIII is. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Oreo

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 18, 2015, 01:58:19 PM
After you finish the demo they time travel you back to right before you end it so you can go everywhere.  I'm not sure if there was anymore content to explore.  I ended the demo at level 26.

Yeah, sorry but after you play XV and Type-0 you are going to see how much trash XIII is. 

I'll be able to try XV a second time on the PS4. ;D Or I can be generous and let hubby give it a go. It's still loading now on the XBone - 68%

Up until FF XIII I had mostly been playing BigFish games, and gone through Torchlight on my PC. XIII was the first game I played after Star Ocean. So it was a big deal for me to try.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on March 18, 2015, 02:03:58 PM
I'll be able to try XV a second time on the PS4. ;D Or I can be generous and let hubby give it a go. It's still loading now on the XBone - 68%

Up until FF XIII I had mostly been playing BigFish games, and gone through Torchlight on my PC. XIII was the first game I played after Star Ocean. So it was a big deal for me to try.

I stand by what I said, lol.  I have played every FF to date, honestly this feels like it will be better than all of the ps2 era and psone era.  Final Fantasy after this I don't think will ever return to standing there with your characters in a row, or moving around uncontrolled.  Non open world titles are going to look dumb and even more linear than they already do, and the detail to everything is just amazing.

Oreo

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 18, 2015, 02:17:08 PM
I stand by what I said, lol.  I have played every FF to date, honestly this feels like it will be better than all of the ps2 era and psone era.  Final Fantasy after this I don't think will ever return to standing there with your characters in a row, or moving around uncontrolled.  Non open world titles are going to look dumb and even more linear than they already do, and the detail to everything is just amazing.

*wantz to play NOW* I know I am still too weak and in pain to try today. Why did my dentist appointment have to coincide with Type-0? *grumbles*

Galactic Druid

I doubt I'll ever look at any of my old favorites as trash, but a lot of innovations in the last few years do make old favorites more fun to remember than replay.

2 days till payday!!

Twisted Crow

Playing and streaming FF Type 0 now on Twitch. I love it so far.

Oh, my twitch is the same as my GT for those that are curious. ;)

SinXAzgard21

I should stream it as well, I'm enjoy Type-0 though I am keeping all levels as equal as possible.  Not so fond of the girl with the mace or the katana using student either.

Galactic Druid

This is a bit off topic, but any of you play Diablo 3 on XBL? I could use some friends in that.

Twisted Crow

I frequently play it on the XB1. GT is in my Sig. :)

Revelation

Ah, if you played on PC RPGuy, i'd offer since my friends have recently pulled me back into it.

Oreo

Tried the FF XV demo. Is so good, but it will take me a while to learn the moves. I do better when I can practice one thing for a while, then learn another move. Having them all doled out at one time ends up with me frantically button mashing in the hopes that I stumble across the correct combination. I'll try again tomorrow and hope my pain levels have dropped enough for coherent thinking. >.<

Galactic Druid

When I first played it in PC, I wasn't overly impressed. At first glance, I didn't like the new skill system, or the way it only allowed you to allocate a small palette of skills, unlocked in order, at a time. It felt overly simplified to me, like the game was designed for a game pad, though my only control option was the mouse and keyboard. It also didn't help that this was the original release of the game, with the terrible drop rate and emphasized real-money auction house.

I only ever gave it another try on Xbone, and was so glad I did. I still think the simplified skillset was made for a game pad, mostly because the game plays like a dream on one. Zipping between attacks with my Demon Huntress is a blast, and the refined loot system makes it incredibly fun to play.

Formless

Quote from: Oreo on March 18, 2015, 07:46:28 AM
I played X, but not until it came out in HD. I have a hard time with the others because I fail at playing on the PC, and my TV it too awesome for the older games. : ( They look so pixelated I can't tell a treasure chest from a chocobo. I tried III on my PC from Steam but it kept crashing. I need to change rooms with hubby and play the games on the projection TV. *nodnod*

Well most of the FF games are available for the PS3. ( Not sure about the Xbox consoles. )

And the PS4 might be updated to support those games oneday. All it takes is to adjust the TV ratio and they'll look as awesome as their original releases.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Formless on March 19, 2015, 10:49:29 AM
Well most of the FF games are available for the PS3. ( Not sure about the Xbox consoles. )

And the PS4 might be updated to support those games oneday. All it takes is to adjust the TV ratio and they'll look as awesome as their original releases.

No luck on Xbox. I know the X/X-2 remakes are making their way to the PS4 eventually, but no word on PSone classics yet. Sony seems to be dedicated to making the PS4 a barren wasteland when it comes to exclusive content.

Oreo

Quote from: Formless on March 19, 2015, 10:49:29 AM

So they say. I bought them, loaded them, but they won't play. I did try the original discs in the PS3 and they work, but like I said they are pixelated on a 58" screen (even with the adjustment box set in the Systems area). <_< It is very frustrating. The really funny thing is they look okay on the 64" projection tv since it blurs them a bit so you don't notice the squares of color. I need some old school equipment.

Formless

Well that just sucks.

I did an FF marathon a while back when they did the FF sales week. Bought them all and they played smoothly on my PS3. Except for FF7 but we all love and hate that game for its ... eccentric graphics. ::)

I hope you get your FF fix from type 0 though. ;D

Oreo

Me too. As soon as I can stay awake for more than 4 hours at a time I am going to hit the Type-0 dirt running. ;D

I still need to finish XII too. I put it down when something else caught my interest, and I was at a point where I was too far to start over, and too long away to remember the battle system. I just managed to sneak into the caves and grab the Zodiac Spear...I don't want to go through that again. *laughs*

Has anyone here tried the Tales series of games? Huge fan here if you need to release your cheer. *is waiting on Zestiria*

Inkidu

Woo, I love Starships. Competed my Kozlov run-through in Beyond Earth. Finished a Contact Harmonic-Purist game and imported it to starships. Double Resource rewards for missions, and 50% reduction to starship repair costs. WOOO!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

Sel Nar

Started playing Drakengard 3. It's everything I expected, and the genial utterances of 'what the fuck' have only increased as I continue. The Music's worth the price of admission, too.

Inkidu

All the FF13 talk reminded me of my second-most hated character from that game.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oreo

The only character I didn't like playing with was Sazh. I liked his story, but I could never get him powered enough to be effective in battle. Maybe I just went the wrong direction with him. I loved using Vanille because she could take down the adamantortoises, and Hope could be made wicked strong if the focus was magics. Still, my faves were Snow and Fang.