DnD?

Started by Tahiri Anashia, May 28, 2005, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

I will likely end up being solo a courtesan doesn't usually travel unless with a person attached to and even then likely well guarded. Ok maybe meet others in the main city but will not likely be monster hunting. Of course being the lover, companion, friend, loyal confidant and aid to a powerful person is a job in its own right  ;).
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, it is max in first level like usual.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on May 29, 2005, 05:48:46 PM
I will likely end up being solo a courtesan doesn't usually travel unless with a person attached to and even then likely well guarded. Ok maybe meet others in the main city but will not likely be monster hunting. Of course being the lover, companion, friend, loyal confidant and aid to a powerful person is a job in its own right  ;).

Lol, yes and of course in less accepting palces courtesan can advertise herself as 'entertainer'. So bard would fit onto that cocnept quite well :D.

LordAnubis

"If you give me your race and alignment, I think I could come up with a nice character to be a bodyguard or the like.  Just to begin some semblences of cohesion.

Tahiri Anashia

COME ON GUYS I'VE FINISHED THE CHARACTER AND SENT IT IN :) YOU GUYS CAN DO THE SAME! THE SOONER HE GETS THE CHARACTERS THE SOONER WE START :D

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: LordAnubis on May 29, 2005, 06:11:33 PM
"If you give me your race and alignment, I think I could come up with a nice character to be a bodyguard or the like.  Just to begin some semblences of cohesion.

Ok then Human, NG, Cleric 1/Rogue 1 serving Torm. Usual for a courtesan you think? Rogue gives her lots of skills and is not evil its just a class. As a cleric of Torm one of the most respected deities and requirements of the faith insist she be loyal to her matron. This gives a courtesan when making her oath true to her lady. And he does patron loyal courtiers I have to point out. So she can expect to use her station as a cleric and a maiden to add to her chances of getting the finest matrons in Waterdeep interested in her. If she makes her oath of service she will mean it. That is a huge advantage in getting a permanent courtesan position with a generous and good matron.
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

Thinking of playing a weretiger.. I haven't played one before..

Natalie C. Barney

Here is my almost finished character sheet for Saer Imizael Evenwood:

www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=10226
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: LordAnubis on May 29, 2005, 08:17:51 PM
Thinking of playing a weretiger.. I haven't played one before..

You mean probaly a infected or naturall Lycantroph :). Well, all lycantrophes have alot hit dice (over two anycase), so I will allow ONE lycantrophe in my game ;).

Anycase Natalie, I point out that rapiers damage is not 1d5, it is 1d6 ;).

Natalie C. Barney

Sorry a-lot of typing so I messed up a D6 lol. I'm still working on her after all. Anyway what is the starting I take it the maximum gold for the class witht he most starting gold + 300gp for being 2nd Level + extra for regional item if sold or is extra gold?
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

Natural, the only thing I'm looking at is what region should he be from, not exactly covered.  And I'm not the prefered race. 

Hunter

Darn.  And here I was going to offer to play my half red dragon/half troll paladin of Pelor.   :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on May 30, 2005, 07:20:29 AM
Sorry a-lot of typing so I messed up a D6 lol. I'm still working on her after all. Anyway what is the starting I take it the maximum gold for the class witht he most starting gold + 300gp for being 2nd Level + extra for regional item if sold or is extra gold?

Everyone starts whit 300gp as whit 2lvl char + what region itme you sell. But I rule that region benefit gived away costs around 300gp. SO in total a 600gp is max, if you do not then pick up a region thing and some are quite good (like masterwork weapons, wands, potions and such).

Natalie C. Barney

Waterdeep and one is 300gp so thats easy  ;).
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

He'll be from waterdeep aswell.

In human form and one for his hybrid/tiger form will be coming along shortly.

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=10227

Zaer Darkwail

Note to LordAnubis; Your 'race' is not weretiger. You are Human+Lycantrophe (Naturall/Infected).

Natalie C. Barney

Don't forget master were-tiger without a patron deity if you die you spirit is going to the Pland of the Dead and become part of the wall, I suggest pick one.  ;)  And as a divine spell user you must take one to get spells in the Realms.

My character is done:

www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=10226

Her gold went fast but she has to look good and be presentable to women of rank and thats not cheap, she wants to attract good offers. She is not a beautiful woman but is attractive, pleasant, a maiden (virgin) at least unbroken in one way, a priestess of Torm and from a respected family of courtesans so should have a good shot at a quality older matron. Thats up to the GM but I did all I could with her. But a powerful merchanting matron (noble or a wealthy merchant-princess) would likely travel and need guards and such might be a good hook to get everyone together.
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

That's right.  I forget these things sometimes.  usually end up playing and elf and I just take the head of the elf pantheon to make it simple.

Natalie C. Barney

Well you have a few choices that are good Selune' the moon goddess patrons werecreatures that aren't evil, Meilikki, Lurue and Sharess (patrons cats). In Waterdeep Selune' has a ver large temple might be the best option.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Also as note LordAnubis, when you have got sheets done, you can post it in game thread in
NC: Normal Systems.

Lilian

I'd like to play, as well. I was curious if you allowed Fey'ri?

Since everyone seems to be in Waterdeep, I suppose I'll end up there, too.

My character will be a 1/1 Fighter/Bard.

She's a heavy traveller, born under the sign of a scorpio. She is adventurous and deep, honest and sexual, likes to be in charge but never truely take charge. She loves a challenge.

She's come from some.. place. I'm sorry, I dont know much about forgotton realms. ;)  But. well.. is travelling. She is driven by wealth and adventure, stories and intrigue, new pleasures and experiences. She is a naturally talented individual (I hope!), I'd like to talk with the GM a bit... about.. maybe what could and couldnt be allowed, maybe, some special quests? <grins>  I'd love to be a plot tool.

Use me.

XD

Zaer Darkwail

Well, we have ALREADY a fey'ri. So no, I want keep the 'special' races at minimum as possible. But you can be human/half-elf from Tethyr :). That land is skilled for Bards and folks whit strong independence and for folk who had made uprising against tyrannical nobles and they actually made peopel go uproar and massacre severall noble families and their relatives.

Also Tetyrians have blended on Chondathan culture life style wich encoruages traveling and experiencing new things, but they still hold some other odler cultures by singing old songs of those cultures wich they followed ancient past.

Just a suggestion tough. Also there cna be toher countires suitable for yoru chars personality, but I need take a closer look and also naming what raced your char is (is he elf, if so, waht subrace? Dwarf, gnome, halfling, human etc).

Tahiri Anashia

come on one more fey'ri can't hurt the plot ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Tahiri/Anashia on May 31, 2005, 06:07:50 PM
come on one more fey'ri can't hurt the plot ;)

Well, if we get fifthy mroe players, then I consider add another ;). Otherwise I do not want same race as possible in same party lol! Humans of course being expection as half-elves.

Lilian

Okay. She's a Tetyrian...  and.. hmm.

Damn that Fey'ri was taken up. I had an awesome background, too.

Can I play a Devilled Elf? Some poor half elven woman who was tortured, perhaps cursed by a creature in her history. I supopse I could make statistical bonuses or something for it.. but... I'd mostly just want some visual differencial, to make something interesting. ^.^;

Too bad Fey'ri was taken up.. bleh... ^.^;