Started by Hayley, July 30, 2010, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayley

Hope this is in the right place - wasn't sure if it should be in the computer problems bit.  Problem is with me though, not the computer!

In the post about your display, Caeli (I think) said
"Accepted file types include .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png. Maximum dimensions are 150 pixels wide, by 200 pixels tall"
The post is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34268.msg1781556#msg1781556

OK.  So at the risk of looking rather stupid here, how do I know how many pixels are in a picture?  All I can think of is...

No, Im too embarassed to tell you.  Lets say it involves counting and is probably not the best way of doing it. :-[

Oniya

Most graphics programs will let you know how large a picture is in pixels.  In Windows Paint, if you open the file, you can take the pen/pencil tool and hover over the lower right corner (add 1 to each number, since there's a '0,0' pixel)  In Paintshop Pro and more advanced programs, there should be an 'Image Properties' menu item.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Hayley

Brilliant.  I'm in MS Paint and that worked a treat.

Thanks so much Oniya.  Your trivia is by no means useless!