Kobold Game set up and full, thanks!

Started by Quinz128, March 04, 2016, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragarth

Quote from: Foxfyr on April 19, 2016, 08:19:01 PM
We will be going on the fast xp track.

I thought we were doing medium. :-(
As I said on the first page, my experience with fast is that you don't get time to explore a level.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ragarth on April 19, 2016, 08:32:32 PM
I thought we were doing medium. :-(
As I said on the first page, my experience with fast is that you don't get time to explore a level.

Is your experience with Fast on a forum game?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ragarth

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on April 19, 2016, 09:26:40 PM
Is your experience with Fast on a forum game?

No, but experience isn't measured over time, it's measured over number of encounters. Whether on a forum or in person, the number of encounters from levels 4 to 5 is still the same. Fast xp means fewer encounters, less time to explore a level, as opposed to normal xp.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: ragarth on April 19, 2016, 09:45:43 PM
No, but experience isn't measured over time, it's measured over number of encounters. Whether on a forum or in person, the number of encounters from levels 4 to 5 is still the same. Fast xp means fewer encounters, less time to explore a level, as opposed to normal xp.

Generally, in a face-to-face game, it doesn't take a year-plus to get through that many encounters. On a forum game, on the other hand...

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Quinz128

I, personally, prefer fast. You don't need to 'experience' the levels as much, IMO, and the power-spikes are more fun for me. Like I have all of my characters planned up to around level 10, and am bouncing with excitement about using the skills they will get later on, because I'm just like that with systems.

Muse

I'll PM you my work in progress, Fox. 

Ragarth, while I known exaclty where you're comign from, I definatly agree iwth Carney and Quinzz on this one.  ^_^;;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Hell, I would advocate just abandoning experience in PbP, and instead level up by the milestone method. This isn't 3.5, item crafting and spells don't use experience points as a resource anymore, so no real reason to keep that system going.

On another note? I FINALLY have free time to devote today. So I should have a lizardbutt going shortly

ragarth

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 20, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Hell, I would advocate just abandoning experience in PbP, and instead level up by the milestone method. This isn't 3.5, item crafting and spells don't use experience points as a resource anymore, so no real reason to keep that system going.

On another note? I FINALLY have free time to devote today. So I should have a lizardbutt going shortly

I approve of this. Free me from the shackles of XP! End the tyranny of leveling expectations and show me the kraken!

Quinz128

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 20, 2016, 12:37:29 PM

I'd be fine with this, especially since I have been playing Feng Shui lately and it uses milestones for leveling >.>

ragarth

Tilde is basically done now. She gets a +10 to exotic dancing. :-)

I have a myth-weavers sheet filled out for her (sans spells), but I think I'll put her familiar, equipment, and spells on a google spreadsheet instead.

Fauxfyr, a few questions for you:

What are the game requirements for a character sheet (aside from the elliquiy pasty requested earlier)?

Can we go with Chulanowa's suggestion of abandoning XP altogether and leveling by milestone instead?

Who's gonna name our ship? Can I vote for Scaled Kraken?

Quinz128

Quote from: ragarth on April 20, 2016, 10:22:50 PM

Scaled Kraken? How disrespectful! Clearly we need to have something strong and powerful like the dragonblood through our veins! Like: Ripsnarl! For we shall be the Ripsnarl tribe! YIP!

Also: I can agree with the milestone thing, as stated before. xD

ragarth

Quote from: Quinz128 on April 20, 2016, 11:56:16 PM
Scaled Kraken? How disrespectful! Clearly we need to have something strong and powerful like the dragonblood through our veins! Like: Ripsnarl! For we shall be the Ripsnarl tribe! YIP!

Also: I can agree with the milestone thing, as stated before. xD

Scaled Kraken has multiple meanings. I thought it was funny. :-)

Foxfyr

Quote from: ragarth on April 20, 2016, 10:22:50 PM
What are the game requirements for a character sheet (aside from the elliquiy pasty requested earlier)?

Can we go with Chulanowa's suggestion of abandoning XP altogether and leveling by milestone instead?

1) A myth-weavers character sheet that has all your stats and whatnot for the system aspect of the game on top of the fluff sheet posted earlier.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Character Concept:[/b]  [i]This adventure needs CHARACTERS. Not just a combination of statistics and abilities, but characters who will come to life during the story we are about to tell. With that in mind, think about the character you want to build. Remember, we are going to be pirates! Likewise, 2/3rds of this adventure will probably take place at sea. Think about the character class you are playing and how they will interact with this environment. Your character concept should be the first thing you write down, "I am a (best adjective to describe your character) kobold who (your character’s goal.) For example: “I am a brave hobbit who wants to destroy the Ring but really hates leaving home.”[/i]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]

2) Milestone leveling system works fine for me.

3) The ship was previously named, Wormwood, which one of the more literate kobolds of the tribe has since switched it to the Wyrmwood.  However, if you were wanting it to be something else, you would have plenty of time to paint over the existing lettering.

Muse

I love that ship's name personaly. 

I'm going capign for the weekend starting in the wee hours of this ocmign morning. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ragarth

SO what kind of ship do we have? Is it a galley? are we using ballista and catapults or do we have cannons?

Edit: Alright, Tilde's done. Do you want me to IM you the links and such?

Foxfyr

The Wyrmwood

Sailing Ship
Colossal ship
Squares 3 (30 ft. by 100 ft.) Cost 10,000 gp

DEFENSE
AC 2; Hardness 5
hp 1,620 (sails 360)
Base Save +6

OFFENSE

Maximum Speed 90 ft. (wind); Acceleration 30 ft.
CMB +8; CMD 18
Ramming Damage 8d8

STATISTICS
Propulsion wind or current
Sailing Check Profession (sailor)
Control Device steering wheel
Means of Propulsion 90 squares of sails (three masts)
Crew 20
Decks 3
Cargo/Passengers 150 tons/120 passengers

At this point, the ship isn't outfitted with siege weapons.

Feel free to post your character in this thread.

Foxfyr

Muse

*Tipity types at concept* 

Do kobolds hatch from eggs? 

ragarth

Quote from: Muse on April 26, 2016, 10:45:19 AM
*Tipity types at concept* 

Do kobolds hatch from eggs?

Yep. And if I remember my kobolds of golarion, they're raised communally in hatcheries by brood mothers, not family units.

Kobolds are very communist.