Pussyriot band member 'vanishes'. A return to the 'good old days'?

Started by Callie Del Noire, November 07, 2013, 11:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Yep.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/missing-pussy-riot-member-found-in-siberian-hospital/news/2013/11/16/78794

The piece quotes an open letter from her, written at an early time during her hunger strike. From the hospital, she told her husband she has not been beaten during her strike or afterwards. Hmm, good.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: gaggedLouise on November 18, 2013, 01:13:39 AM
Yep.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/missing-pussy-riot-member-found-in-siberian-hospital/news/2013/11/16/78794

The piece quotes an open letter from her, written at an early time during her hunger strike. From the hospital, she told her husband she has not been beaten during her strike or afterwards. Hmm, good.

Now, would it have been so bad to say this twenty something days ago? Back in the 80s during the h block hunger strikes the Brits were always clear and open about the strikers conditions. It was a political mess but hiding folks, even if it's due to beuracractic apathy made this worse than it had to be. 

I don't get why in case like this they don't go with the pleasant but firm approach.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 18, 2013, 10:08:07 AMI don't get why in case like this they don't go with the pleasant but firm approach.

Pleasant but firm in Eastern Europe usually means either the food, the drink, or hand around your throat :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 18, 2013, 01:50:59 PM
Pleasant but firm in Eastern Europe usually means either the food, the drink, or hand around your throat :P

I know.. but that is what my gut asks. You make martyrs.. they grow rebellions. If you simply use the law as written to quietly shuffle them through their sentences they have less leverage to use against your regime.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming