News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solaine

Phaedra had tried not to reach out and pry, but it was difficult.  Especially as it appeared the man seemed lost in his own world at times, like now… then he seemed to snap out of it.  She smiled back. 

“The coffee seems to have that rapturous effect on everyone,” she agreed.  She held out a slender hand to him.  “I’m Phaedra, and this is Sophie.  You were here earlier, but you left so suddenly, and then I saw you outside the window…  Are you all right?”

There was a delicate hint in her voice that might have told him she would doubt his sanity very soon if his odd behavior continued!
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Mordred

Rex learned one thing throughout recent times.. and that was... being very careful about letting 'show', what was going on with his memories and his concept of time. Yet there was no mistaken what he saw the night before, and the fact that so many years ago to him was in fact only a couple years to most.

In a low voice, "Phaedra... my name is Rex. I can tell you are curious and... ", an even lower voice, "I know you saw me outside last night. I don't know what's going on but I have been in this shop many times. Yet... "

Another long sip of coffee. Wow, how does this stay so hot so long? "I was a boy. It was years ago. But the people... they haven't changed. Only I have."... Taking a small flask out of his coat pocket, and taking a long swig..... "I know I'm losing my mind. But certain small facts show me that maybe even if I am, the world around me is also."

Intently watching those violet eyes carefully, Rex noticed shifts in their shade. Yeah, she thinks I'm crazy, most likely. Yet somehow it was very easy to tell her this.
*See Pillory*

Solaine

“But I didn’t see you outside the window last night,” she frowned at him, those eyes telling him quite clearly now that she feared for his mind.  “It was only a few minutes ago, not long after you burst into the door with those people chasing you.”  She watched him drink from the flask, the frown deepening on her smooth forehead.  “I certainly am not losing my mind.  I know I saw you three times today.  And this is the third! Did you--- did you come from somewhere where they might be looking for you now?”  Like a mental hospital!
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

Mordred

Another drink of his coffee, but this time with a calming inside. Pushing up his sleeve, slightly, "See this small scar? I burned my hand in this very shop... twenty-five years ago. It was huge on my hand, originally. Over the years as my hands grew, it got smaller. Yet I know if you ask... Vi, I think her name is... I'm sure she'd remember this from about two years ago. I was the little kid whose father sent him 'here' to get goodies. I always had a red and white ball, bouncing on the walkway outside as I ran up and down the street."

He saw the concern in her eyes. "Honestly, it helps talking about this. You can ask me anything and I'm sure... or I hope... you'll see I'm not mad. A little nutty, yes... but I was even when I was a child. That hasn't changed". With that, Rex stuck out his tongue, slightly, grinning.

"I can feel something from your mind... a light and gentle probe. If possible.. and I know nothing about this.. but if possible, I would let you see into my mind. Maybe real memories have a different 'realness' to them than imagined ones. I admit, I would love to know myself that this isn't some fabrication I have created."

Rex stood and stretched his arms high above, then back and forth to both sides. "Lady Phaedra, it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to continue this conversation soon", taking her hand, a small yet thoughtful kiss on it's back. "Sophie, I feel I ignored you and I apologize. Your friend here soused me out quickly and I was suddenly unable to break away and be properly polite."

"I must go now. No, you didn't see me last night. At the moment I'm slightly confused with day and night. I get at times, especially here in this shop, a flood of memories. It's... unsettling and I have to sort them all out unless I appear to be a raving lunatic." Reaching inside his coat, he put a few bills on the table. "Farewell for now, Lady... I know we'll speak again very soon."

And with that, he was quickly out the door.
*See Pillory*

Mithlomwen

Sophie watched the exchange between Phaedra and Rex with interest and a large amount of confusion.  It was obvious these two had seen each other before, but something about it all seemed just a little strange to her.  So she sat quietly and tried to be as unobtrusive as possible while they continued their conversation. 

The pastry and coffee she'd ordered were half eaten by the time Rex stood to leave.  She smiled at him and shook her head.  "No need to apologize, but thank you." Taking another sip of her coffee she continued.  "I'm sure we'll see each other around from time to time and converse then." 

Blue eyes watched him as he left, wondering what it was that seemed to be troubling him.  Once he was gone she looked back at Phaedra.  "He seems nice."   
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Solaine

Phaedra stared at the scar on his arm as he explained about it, then up at him, and this time she opened her empath just a tiny bit more.

Her eyes widened, lips parting in surprise. He really did believe what he was saying…

A shiver of awareness prickled up her arm from his kiss on her hand.  “I---“ She wanted to say that she could help him, if he let her… but then he was gone again just as abruptly as his two previous exits. 

“He really must stop doing that,” she said in exasperation to Sophie.  “Have you got any rope? Next time he comes back in, we’re tying him down to his chair.”   Somehow, she knew with a startling certainty that they would be seeing him again…  “Nice?”  Nicely disturbed perhaps, Phaedra wanted to say.  “Oh yes, he does seem… nice.” 

Apart from his strange illusions, she had to admit he was rather good-looking, and she couldn’t deny his innocent little kiss on her hand had left a hot imprint on her skin.  She touched her hand there now under the table with the fingers of the other.

Then she tried to push away all thoughts of Rex as she concentrated on her current companion with a smile.  “How are you?  Do you visit this shop often?”  She wished she could.  She was overstaying her visit and she knew it, but it was as if she had been snared in some sweet, sticky, invisible web inside that magical bakery.

anon

Ally studied the interaction with Phaedra and Rex, interest sparking in her eyes. Well now...this can get interesting. She grinned at Sophie and Phaedra. "Anything else that I can get for you ladies today?" She smiled at Sophie from her spot at the counter. "And I'm Ally, by the way, I believe I missed you earlier."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

orangeredsun

Benjamin Tuttle sipped at his hot cocoa, inhaling most the marshmallows in the process. He didn't know why he even bothered getting those, they always were eaten or disappeared in the first minute. But then he rarely would say no when he was nervous. And it was a little nerve racking to be doing the errands for the day, even though he didn't like the thought of it being so. A grown man shouldn't have difficulty at this. But in the back of his head he was wondering what his mother would want...should he also be talking to people as well? He took another sip.
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

anon

Ally cast a look briefly at Benjamin as he sat, drinking his hot chocolate. She lifted a shoulder, sensing unease from the man before returning her attention to her nails. She really should be pulling more sugar in the back, but...

She stretched a little, her back arching as she scanned at the multi-colored jars of candies on the counter before picking up a piece of peppermint and sucking on it. She glanced at Benjamin again. "Enjoying your drink?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

He looked up to see the woman that had previously asked how he was doing before. She had given him the peppermints hadn't she? It seemed like the guesswork of knowing if he should talk was out the window, now that somebody was talking to him. Smiling he nodded, "It's very good. And I'm always cold so it does best to warm myself up now and again," he looked to what she was sucking on, "Do you like...your mint?"

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

Ally let the hardened piece of candy sweep against her teeth, listening to it clink against them before answering. "Mm. Not bad. Trying to think how I can improve on it though. Calamari flavored peppermint maybe?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

"Improve? So do you make the candy here?" he made a little frown at the thought of calmari peppermint. Benjamin really couldn't help that one. Fishy sugar? What in the world? That would be very disagreeable to his stomach as well as probably his eyes.

Shrugging, "I don't know about that. I always like the mints where they have chocolate around them. Maybe you could put marshmallow or caramel with those," he shrugged again. Not sure if she really wanted his opinion or not.

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

Ally cocked her head at him, a feigned offended expression on her face. "I make the candy here? These," she tapped her fingers on the glass jars, "are no ordinary candies." She giggled a little. "But yeah, I make the candies. Mm...caramel peppermint." She closed her eyes briefly, sapphire glints barely visible behind dark lashes before opening them again, tasting the imagined combination in her mouth, "interesting. I do have a maple sugar mix in here somewhere though..." She scanned over the glass jars.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

The giggling tickled his ears, as he wasn't much use to people giggling at him. Unless they were making fun of him. But it didn't seem like she was doing anything of the sort. But Benjamin wasn't sure if she was interested in him or just about the candy. Her eyes seemed to move back and forth, not really lying on anything in particular.

"I just ordered the regular peppermint for my mother. Is that what I got?" he said, watching her gaze again, "I just want to make sure or I'll have to come by again to get the normal ones," she would just have a fit if she ended up with calamari ones.

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

Ally waved her hands dismissively. "Completely regular. Sans the cinnamon, snake, spider, or whatever have you." There was a tone of disappointment in her voice as she reassured him. She leaned on her elbow as she studied him. "I haven't seen you around this part before, though. I'm Ally."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

He still wasn't sure and as soon as he walked out of here he was going to have a taste. Something about this lady screamed that she liked concocting odd recipes. Maybe it was the way she seemed disappointed about talking about the regular stuff whereas anything strange she got excited. Just maybe.

"I'm Benjamin. Benjamin Tuttle," he leaned forward and brought out his hand to her, "I actually live a couple of blocks from here but I never frequent the place. My mother is used to running the errands. She has a bad cold right now. What about you? May I ask how long you have been at this shop?"

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

Ally studied his hand for a moment before wrapping hers about his. "Nice to meet you, Benjamin." Her lips quirked a little at the conventional greeting. She really would have done something all together more interesting, save for the fact that she had a feeling that she would probably scare him off. "I've been here for a while, since I started college." She tilted her head, bell jingling. "You should stop by here more often. We don't bite. Well...most of us don't."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

"Well then you must like it here," he said with a smile, thinking that maybe college was at least a bit of awhile ago. Not that she looked old! Benjamin would never insinuate that about a woman. He didn't just do that did he? Dear god, he wasn't making much use of his conversation thingy now was he?

Giving a low chuckle, he almost thought her to be half serious about the biting, "Anytime I get a sweet tooth I'll make sure this is the place I go," he looked around then back to her, "Actually there was a lady here that wanted to sketch me? I don't know where she is so that might have to be done at a different day," he shrugged, having no real idea.

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

"Artists..." Ally tapped her chin, completely unaffected by what he just insinuated. "There are several here. I think you might mean Aoi though." She grinned, drumming her fingers across the counter. "I'm afraid you missed her. I think she may be back though. And you should come back here for your sweet tooth." She beamed at him. "It is Corner Sweets after all."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

"Well she was working here," he looked around again but didn't see her, "she said she was busy so I thought that might mean she would get back to me," he shrugged, "I guess if she doesn't show up after I'm not with my hot cocoa...I can come another time," as he said that he realized how it sounded. Like he only wanted to talk to her. Which wasn't true at all. His goal was to talk to anybody for as long as possible.

"So...do you have any new recipes on the menu? I know very little what all you make here. Besides the regular things."

Link to Tug of War Story

anon

"Ah. Vi then." Ally smiled, chuckling a little. Looks like I have another pair on my hand... "As for the new recipes. Hm..." She rummaged about behind the counter and pulled out a menu. "That's what we have...along with everything on display. Though..." She grinned. "I don't quite follow the menu, ever."
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

orangeredsun

Stepping forward for a second to grab the menu and then sitting back down with his hot cocoa, Benjamin took the menu and looked at it as she spoke. His eyes went to her and it, "So its what is on the menu and whatever you feel like doing? I wish I had that sort of freedom as a woodworker. Well I would if I owned my own business. But as of now I work for my father. Sorry, its all boring probably to you. Making chairs isn't quite like making fancy cakes or anything of the like," he blushed, taking a sip of his drink. It was really getting hard not to ramble.

Link to Tug of War Story

Paradox

Gregori was a scientist of great caliber, yet for the life of him, he could not figure out how to fix the damned coffee machine. In the week that had passed, he had dismantled it numerous times, tinkered with every component and part he could, built a combination fruit-juicer and foot-massager with the parts, then finally thrown his hands up in disgruntled disgust and reassembled it.

As soon as the last screw was tightly turned into its place, the coffee machine began to thrum and vibrate with a life of its own.

"Oh bloody hell..." he muttered.

Moments later, the door to the basement burst open, and Gregori ran out shouting unintelligibly in German, followed by a veritable tidal wave of delicious coffee. He ran into the main room of the shop with the coffee gushing just behind him, lapping at his heels. This hazelnut-flavored tsunami flooded the floor of the shop, soaking everyone's feet in sweet brown liquid. Gregori slipped and fell as he ran, landing face first onto the coffee-covered floor.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

anon

Ally smiled at Benjamin. "Eva's always trying to get me somewhat tamed...or at least stop producing ridiculous things. But no, woodwork sounds interesting, it's a way to encourage creativi-What in the world are you doing?!" She squealed as the scent of hazelnut flooded the store, hopping on to the counter. She doubling over, seeing Gregori face-plant into the shop floor. "You make ever the splashy entrance, Gregori." She drawled, swinging her legs.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Paradox

Gregori simply gurgled in frustration in response to Ally's somewhat snide remark. Pushing himself off of the ground (and slipping once more in the process before finally managing to keep his stability), he spat out some coffee and grumbled.

Glaring at Ally for a moment, his scowl gave way to a grin as he shrugged and said "Yes, vell, vat can I say..? Ze entire basement ist flooded...so I hope everyone here ist thirsty!"

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker