[DnD 5E] Out of the Abyss

Started by Premier, March 19, 2016, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thais

Have a half-orc in mind. Armor/shield. Melee weapon. No ranged. Am to make a character with strengths and flaws to add to the story. Can do background as well
What you see is what you get: a heart of an Angel and the mind of a Devil
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you
I'm available on Discord. Please feel free to connect  thaisdk#4077

Revelation

Lucas, Paladin of Lathander
Appearance

Included a short background on him - only first level. While I have his stats fleshed out with equipment in mind, since we start as slaves and thus with (hopefully) just clothing, his AC and such will be significantly lower of course.

Also my rolls from earlier

D20 roll: 4

D10 roll: 5

Edit: Crap, I kinda skimmed over Guancyto's post. I don't mind making a different martial/fighter type, if necessary.I don't want to stop on anothers shoes, but I do like playing paladins and I don't mind doubling up against another or anything.

Skynet

So for the 7 other folks who expressed interest, we have as ideas...

Paladin (ChangingSaint) Charsheet

Cleric (freeko)

Rogue (Shadowfox89)

Bard/Druid (Anteros)

Paladin (Guancyto)

Ranger (Mysterica)

Sorcerer (Quinz128)

Warlock/Wizard (DeviantMunster) Charsheet

Bard (Tamhansen) Charsheet

Cleric (TheFourthShade) Charsheet

And we have 4 character sheets so far.

My Character Idea

It seems like we're well tied with melee (if Paladins are still good bruiser types), and we may have a good skill-user with bards and rogues offered, so I might hinge closer to a spellcaster. Divine most likely, but arcane if our future party lacks one.

So, how open is this group for third party content? Specifically in regards to a certain race. Book of Heroic Races has catfolk as a race, and their full stats appear in the product preview. As you can tell by my avatar, I have a hankering for catgirls :3

Catfolk Racial Traits

Catfolk have the following racial traits.

Increased Ability Score. Catfolk are graceful and light on their feet. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.

Age. Catfolk mature a little faster than humans, reaching adulthood around age 14. They age noticeably faster, too, and
rarely reach 75 years of age.

Size. Some catfolk have powerful builds while others are slim and lithe, but they all tend to stand between 5 and 6 feet
tall. You are Medium size.

Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet.

Cat’s Luck. Once per day, you can have an advantage when attempting a Dexterity saving throw. You must decide to
use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.

Feline Senses. You are proficient in the Perception skill.

Sprinter. Your speed increases by 5 feet when dashing or disengaging from combat.

Languages. You can read, write, and speak Catfolk and Common.

Subrace. The two most common types of catfolk are the faol and saebul. Choose one of these subraces.

Faol Catfolk

Faol catfolk have human-like faces, short hair all over their bodies, and longer hair on top on their heads.

Increased Ability Score. Faol catfolk have a persuasive personality and charmingly good looks. Increase your
Charisma score by 2.

Darkvision. Faol catfolk live for the night, hunting prey by starlight. Within 60 feet of you, treat dim light as if it were
bright light and darkness as dim light. When in darkness, you see only shades of gray without any color.

Saebul Catfolk

Saebul catfolk possess feline faces and thick fur that covers their entire bodies.

Increased Ability Score. Saebul catfolk can spot hidden sources of danger and are patient when stalking their prey.
Increase your Wisdom score by 2.

Hunter. You are always proficient in Stealth and Survival.

TheFourthShade

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=755726

A Gnome Cleric of Chauntea, who got caught up in a small human village's quest of revenge against the Underdark (she would have felt guilty to let them go without a healer).  Needless to say, it went poorly.

Though likely ill-suited to the perils of the Underdark by herself, she has used magic to look out for others in the past, and so she will in the future.  Getting out of this situation with her head still on her shoulders and most of her new comrades still alive will put a feather in her cap!

Thais

I wish you all a good game

Thais
What you see is what you get: a heart of an Angel and the mind of a Devil
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you
I'm available on Discord. Please feel free to connect  thaisdk#4077

Skynet

Here's my character sheet so far.

Zhandi's basically a catgirl from the southern nations, blessed by the deities/spirits of the storm. She used to be a concubine/pleasure slave for a decadent noble, although their relationship was a good one in that she wanted for nothing and had access to herbs to prevent unwanted children. Sometime later she received an epiphany and became a true Cleric; which may or may not have contributed to buying her freedom; she enjoyed her master's company, but felt a calling to travel the world.

If catgirls aren't allowed as a third party option, I can change her race around to Elf.

I know we start equipment-less, but for the equipment we get later do we still "buy" our stuff? If so, what do we do for starting gold? Roll it, or max?

Also, are feats allowed?

Stat Block
Zhandi
Catfolk (Faol Subrace) Cleric 1 NG

AC 14 HP 10 Speed 30ft

Str 10 (0) Dex 16 (3) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 8 (-1) Cha 12 (1)

Attacks
Warhammer +2 1d8/1d10
Longbow +5 1d8
Dagger +5 1d4+3

Darkvision 60 feet
Sprinter +5 feet when sprinting or disengage
Cat's Luck 1/day Advantage on Dex Saving Throw
Spellcasting
Divine Domain (Tempest)
Wrath of the Storm (2d8 lightning/thunder, Dex Save, reaction attack)

Sargepepper

Premier

I haven't picked yet but I think this should really be enough apps, I'm going to have to drop three as it is. Maybe next game!

Quote from: Skynet on March 20, 2016, 03:25:31 PM
I know we start equipment-less, but for the equipment we get later do we still "buy" our stuff? If so, what do we do for starting gold? Roll it, or max?

Also, are feats allowed?

Roll gold I like the wonk there rather than at character gen.

Also yes Feats are allowed, but replace the Attribute Advance like usual.

Quinz128

Since it's not a first-come first-serve basis, I'm assuming that messages will be sent out to those that are selected for it. I'll keep an eye on the thread until the recruiting is closed, but will not post much beyond this stating I'm watching... Irony? xD

Quinz128

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 20, 2016, 06:52:02 AM
I have to say, pack tactics seems a little...
Hrm. S-strong!

Admittedly, it may be a bit in an underground campaign, but in normal overworld campaigns the Sunlgiht Sensitivity usually balances it out. Will have to see how things go, otherwise. Not to mention it'd mean that the Kobold would have to be in melee, and it has a -4 strength. I think it's meant to make them more on-par with other party members than to be a great advantage for it.

Revelation

As far as characters go, I can also switch what i'm playing, I wouldn't mind playing an archer or melee based fighter like I said earlier, i'd have to change the character up, but I am fine with that as well! It seems we are currently full on caster applications, but we don't have anyone playing a tried and true fighter, so I can swap things around a bit.

Guancyto

Working sheet: Austrahild Wanderfoot (Aussie or Hild for short)

Rolling gold? Huh.
At 2016-03-20 16:40:16, Guancyto (uid: 56325) rolls: 5d4 Result: 17 170+15 from Acolyte background, guess that means some serious dosh (for a 1st level character anyway). Shame about the getting captured thing.

DeviantMunster

My sheet has some info towards the very end of it, but if more background is needed...
Not sure how to quote! I'm bad at these things. But the kobold pack tactics... seems to imply you'll almost always have advantage on attacks? If we have a tank in the party?

Anyway! Feel free to offer up a rejection to my character. Didn't realize how many would drop in for this!

Quinz128

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 20, 2016, 05:38:55 PM
My sheet has some info towards the very end of it, but if more background is needed...
Not sure how to quote! I'm bad at these things. But the kobold pack tactics... seems to imply you'll almost always have advantage on attacks? If we have a tank in the party?

Anyway! Feel free to offer up a rejection to my character. Didn't realize how many would drop in for this!

Rereading and checking over things, you may be right. I took it from a discussion which included the default monster kobolds having pack tactics. I can understand it for an active community of them, but perhaps may be a bit much for an adventuring party. Could be specific to Kobolds with other Kobold Allies, of course then that makes the idea of them being quite weaker... Which I, personally, don't have a problem with. But may need to add some other bonus to balance it. Then again, Kobolds in previous versions weren't exactly standard/strong. xD

DeviantMunster

Mhm! It's not overpowered in regards to -kobolds-. But you're a masterful human in a kobold disguise! I'm sure a different advantage could be given to you once Premier's about

Premier

The Kobold NPC line is probably a bit much as Sunlight Sensitivity isn't going to come into play really and Pack Tactics seems way too powerful for a caster. If it was Melee it wouldn't be a huge deal as you could just be flanking anyway but on a Sorcerer where the Strength loss wouldn't matter it'd be silly.

If you just want to take the Halfling Stat line and reskin it as a Kobold though, that would seem an easy way to do it?

Anteros

Here is my character sheet for a Wild Elf (Wood Elf Subrace) Druid: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=755783
ONS & OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14923.0

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Quinz128

Quote from: Premier on March 20, 2016, 06:08:27 PM
The Kobold NPC line is probably a bit much as Sunlight Sensitivity isn't going to come into play really and Pack Tactics seems way too powerful for a caster. If it was Melee it wouldn't be a huge deal as you could just be flanking anyway but on a Sorcerer where the Strength loss wouldn't matter it'd be silly.

If you just want to take the Halfling Stat line and reskin it as a Kobold though, that would seem an easy way to do it?

Mmm, main reason I like Kobold stats is the 30ft move speed. I'd be fine with making Pack-Tactics to be exclusively for Kobold Allies (They can tell between each other with subtle tail movements after all). As I'm not a fan of the idea of a 20ft move speed... Even more so than the minus to strength. xD

What about an opinion on that? That may not come into play, really, but keeps the small + average movement speed, rather than slow.

Premier

That'd be fine yeah! I'll sort about putting together a party tomorrow from the apps tomorrow, it is later here and I need sleep.

Skynet

Well, realized that in regards to equipment packs you have a choice of either choosing a starting pack or rolling for gold. Thought you could do both, so I ended up with too much equipment. Will stick with the choosing of packs starting out.

Revelation

By the by, in case there's an issue with two paladins, I made a ranged fighter as well. I admit i'd love to play the paladin, but I don't mind making this as a potential backup character as well.

Mikhail Volkov, Archer fighter
appearance
[/url]

Premier

Hate to have to pick as there's so many, but here goes! It's a little mix of people I've played with before, random selection and Skynet because they've been super helpful and I'd feel like a heel if I didn't pick 'em.

Gauncyto (Paladin)
TheFourthShade (Cleric)
DeviantMuster (Warlock)
Changingsaint (Fighter, sorry! But it is a cute pic)
Anteros (Druid) 
Skynet (Cleric 2)

While I wanted to go with 4-5 for a party, I realize PbP is notorious for drop outs so we'll try a start with 6 which I've been told is not an unusual party size and thus should be okay?

Anyone who didn't get in I'm sorry! I'll get in touch if space opens up or if I start another campaign. If this one goes well I'll be keen for running another.

I'm pretty sure I picked everyone with a sheet already, but I ain't checking until later tonight so you got time to fix it if I didn't or swap a character class if you like. Looking after a little brother tonight, so we'll likely start tomorrow if I have everything. Anything I should read up on? First time GMing 5e, I did 4e a bit but I'm told that's a much different kettle of fish.

Quinz128

Boo, and here I went ahead and set up a sheet. Ah well, least I have one made for next time a 5e comes along that would allow a kobold. I'll leave it here in case for curiousity anyways.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=756714
Rheeld the Kobold Sorcerer
]

And rolls if reconsidered:
At 2016-03-21 09:01:07, Quinz128 (uid: 45057) rolls: 1d10 Result: 4 - Days
At 2016-03-21 09:00:49, Quinz128 (uid: 45057) rolls: 1d20 Result: 8 - Mystery Roll

TheFourthShade

I'd advise reading all of it.

It's just samey enough to throw you off, says my limited experience with the system.

Premier

Okay! Start on Wednesday then, so I can read up on Tuesday and gather together some cheat sheets.