Hogwarts: More Than Magical (Full)

Started by kckolbe, April 18, 2013, 02:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Yeah, things are definitely moving along well.  Tomorrow I hope to get the Houses finalized and then open up the char relationships thread.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

kckolbe

Has anyone submitted a character and not been approved?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

JamesSureWould

I submitted my character. I don't remeber there being any problems with it, but I didn't get the all clear

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Codexa

Waiting to hear your thoughts KC!

Looking forward to those relationship threads :P I think its going to be fun establishing some friendships, and even making myself a few enemies!
After all, we can't all love each other.

Rogue

Ohhhh I hope you're a slytherin. I need more of you to play with. *grins*

JamesSureWould

Let's see... looking back I was in gryffindor.
Drat, i was hoping for huffelpuff or ravenclaw :P

Codexa

:D

Waiting on my house to be chosen. *Whistles*
I don't really have a preference...o.O

kckolbe

James, you can be Hufflepuff, I just don't remember getting preferences from you.  Gryffindor had been the hardest to fill with Hufflepuff a close second.

I will redo Houses soon, just wanted to make a go at it to see if all 4 was doable.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Okay, setting info thread is updated.  Genders are about as balanced as they are going to get and I don't think any House has too much duplication, though there is some overlap.  OOC thread will be up when I get back from work.

In the meantime, let's continue to use this thread to talk char sheets.  PLEASE review the character sheets of at least the other characters in your own Houses.  There are a lot of common abilities and I don't think anyone has addressed it.  Some of you are likely okay with it, but I would feel much better if you checked it out.

Intro Thread

Meliai

Mel's obsessive list linking strikes again!
I couldn't find a post for Stevie anywhere, I think Ms Codexa's been hashing her/him out over PM probalby? If I just managed to gloss over it somehow let me know and I'll add a link.

Gryffindor
Katrina Ravenshire (Luna)
Edgar Crowley (TheHangedMan)
Alexander d'Artagnan VII (AidenWhite)
Charlize Renard (JaneStorm)
Stevie 'Steve' Arai (Codexa)

Hufflepuff
John Summerby (kckolbe)
Veronica Ravenshire (Luna)
Cameron Joyce (JamesSureWould)
Petra Vinter (Meliai)
(Reserved for Persephone)

Ravenclaw
Penelope Blackthorn (AmberStarfire)
Darci Donavon (Blinkin)
Desiree Elvire Gullory (Tydorei)
Gustav Raubriter (TheHangedMan)
Gabriel Brewer (Muse)

Slytherin
Lucian Goyle (kckolbe)
Niamh “Nia” Byrne (Rogue of TimeyWimeyStuff)
Xavril Robeson (Kdyami)
Vidya Ayers (Meliai)

((PS KC, Petra's surname is Vinter, like Winter))
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

kckolbe

Codexa's char is still being discussed in PMs, but she's made some good progress.  And I'll fix the spelling on Petra.

Intro Thread

Kdyami

ok take 2, critiques welcome :)

Name: Xavril (Zave-Rill) Robeson
Nationality: American
Blood Status:
Year: 6th
House: Slytherin
Description: At 19 Xavril is a hair over six feet tall, long dark hair, and an athletic build.  He has several tattoos including his clan symbol, warrior band, and the sign of the wolf.  When not in school robes he typically wears comfortable casual clothing that is easy to move in, often with a leather jacket or pull over to hide the scar on the base of his neck. 

Personality: Xavril is his own person.  He believes in accepting who he is as an individual in mind body and spirit.  Because of this he is not afraid t make a fool of himself.  He says what he means and doesn’t accept other people’s drama.  He walks his own path.

Background: Xavril was born for the Panimaha tribe of the Skidi clan, of the Pawnee people. He was raised with tales of spirit guides and working from the time the sun came up until the sun went down when the tribe gathered at the large fires and shared the fruits of everyone’s combined effort in a large family meal.  The Panimaha believe in the saying “it takes a village to raise a child.” As such he had many fathers and many mothers, but his grandmother by blood had been the last witch doctor of the tribe.  She was described as being able to heal any wound, change the shapes of plants and stones, make it rain in a drought; even become the spirit wolf to ward off evil.  Even muggles today scoff at the notion that any of this could be true and write it off as Indian superstition.  Normally they would be right.  But, Xavril’s Grandmother, was a real live wand wielding witch.

Xavril and the other children his age was like any other child outside the reservation.  Children of both sexes have toys and games, the girls inclining to dolls and "playing house," while the boys turn to bows, riding, and marksmanship.  They were all carefully instructed by their elders, not only in household arts and hunting methods, but also in the code of ethics, the traditions, and the religious ideas pertaining to the tribe.  Xavril was formally enrolled into the first degree of the warrior society and given his first tattoo through an initiation ordeal at an early age of 5 years.  At about 12 years of age Xavril made solitary fast and vigil to obtain communication with the spirit guide which was to be his protector through life.  Xavril spent several days alone in the forest before he felt the wolf spirit calling to him.  He performed the tribe’s ritual and fell into a trance.  He awoke feeling no different.  Later that day some of the men from the tribe came to check on Xavril and found a white wolf.  Believing that the wolf had killed Xavril one of the men stabbed the wolf through the neck.  When he did the wolf re-took human form and Xavril lay dying on the ground before the search party. 

They rushed him to Xavril’s grandmother who sent the men away and healed him without much difficulty and told him all about the magical world and a school where he could learn magic. But it was across the ocean in England.  Xavril thought all night about magic and whether it was real and then an owl arrived with an invitation to attend Hogwarts.  Xavril took the invitation and started with the wizarding preschool to learn about the world he was stepping into and then when he turned 14 he started his first year proper.  Since then he has studied hard and done well for himself in the classroom and on the pitch.

Interesting Fact: Xavril has Heterochromia; he has one green eye and blue eye.
Wand: Yew, Boggart Skin, regular
Pet: Horned owl

Agility: 3 (Fly, Acrobatics)
Athletics: 3 (Throw)
Awareness: 3
Cunning: 3
Deception: 2
Endurance: 3 (Fortitude)
Fighting: 3 (Unarmed)
Magic Expertise: 4 (Transfiguration)
Magic Projection: 4 (Transfiguration)
Marksmanship: 3
Persuasion: 3
Reflexes: 3 (Dodge)
Stealth: 3
Will: 3

Classes:
Majors: Arithmancy, Astronomy
Minors: Divination, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes
Others: Potions, Herbology, Muggle Studies, History of Magic

Qualities:
Night Eyes
Unarmed Combat
Advanced Animagus (Athletics and Agility)
Animagus: White Wolf

Drawbacks:
Marked: Scar
Flaw: Status
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

kckolbe

Kdyami, Xavril has 1 point remaining on abilities.  I don't know if I would take Night Eyes since he'll see well-enough in the dark in wolf form.  Lastly, would you explain why the Flaw: Status?

Intro Thread

JamesSureWould

Did John Summerby suddenly change to a hufflepuff?
Cause his sheet has all this stuff about how he's a Gryffindor

kckolbe

Yeah, he was originally Gryffindor, but I changed him last night.  Still updating that stuff. 

Intro Thread

xRebecca

Are you still looking for people? And if so, could I play a female character?
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

kckolbe

Yes and yes.  Good timing, though, was getting ready to modify the first post.  Any ideas for a character concept?

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Just so I know everybody else sees the heads up: As per kckolbe's request, both of my characters are sixth years now.  Just a minor tweak.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Rogue

Hey Meliai! I think our characters might just get along. Or should I just wait until we get the OOC up and running?

kckolbe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=172092.0

Great question, Rogue!  Char relationships thread is now posted, and serves that very purpose.  The first post will eventually contain random relationship info that I think relevant, say a group of students that get together and spar after class, or the members of the Quidditch teams.  Each post after that will be for one character, and is for their impression of other students.  This is where you can discuss their relationships with other students, first impressions, or even just rumors if they haven't met (which will be the case for at least one character).

I'm working on an example using Lucian to further demonstrate.  I encourage you to do one of these for every other character, though that is not required.  I do want you to do one for every member of your characters own House, plus 1 from each of the other Houses.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Also, regarding char relationships.  We have a lot of characters that either transferred to Hogwarts along the way OR skipped a grade.  Please put that information at the top of your char relationship post.

Example (Lucian Goyle)

Has been at Hogwarts all 5 previous years, entering 6th year

Example (Gustav Raubriter)
Has been at Durmstrang all 5 previous years, moved over the summer before 6th year.

Intro Thread

Kdyami

Nope. It's not suppose to be there.  I took night eyes off my sheet and the flaw too.  I forgot to make the edit on the post. I'll make the edit this afternoon.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

xRebecca

Once more before posting a bio: is the role still available for me?
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

kckolbe

Yes, there is one spot available for either Hufflepuff or Slytherin.  Persephone will be in one House and your char in the other, but unsure which she prefers.

Intro Thread