We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

No worries :-) I fell victim to that pitfall a few years back - as in, using the term flippantly - but thankfully I had a friend pull me aside and give me a heads up. :-)

Haha, I think the above quote from Assh kinda sums it up, eh? ;-) But anyway, an OCD Flirt who may or may not be as appealing as he thinks? That could be interesting. If he decides he wants to flirt with Grace or Candii, I imagine Dante wouldn't be best pleased. They may enjoy an open relationship, but that doesn't mean he relishes the idea of her flirting with other people :P But that discussion is one for later :P

And thanks Pally. Now all I can imagine is Candii calling Alex daddy. Thanks for that. -.-
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

assleigh

Hehehe Daddy Valentine??? Or just Daddy V ???*giggles*

See Vergil, now I'm having all sorts of naughty thoughts...

@ JamesSureWould - Basically, the point I wanted to make is look at how it can 'start things' for yourself and others, the fun and the 'consequences' you'd deal with.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Vergil Tanner

No! Bad Assleigh! He's a teacher and a sociopath! :P
Why do I suddenly have a horrible feeling you're thinking of having Candii call Dante daddy? That would be extremely uncomfortable for him. :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 01, 2014, 11:39:51 AM
@Arabeth: True, true...although in order to be a flaw in the sense we're using the word - as an RP hook - we might need to brainstorm and come up with an additional facet that gives her some automatic and easy "ins" when it comes to interacting with other characters. :)

Deep seeded need to be wanted and fit in is as much a RP hook as Peter Parker needing a job.

It allows the character to be manipulated by groups of people.  She's easily influenced into doing things she wouldn't necessarily do on her own.  She's nearly incapable of standing up to peer pressure on her own.  Due to this flaw, she'll continue to associate with people who treat her poorly.  This alone, could allow characters to decide to take advantage of her or try to open her eyes to reality.  If left in a room with nothing but strangers, she'll be the one trying to initiate conversation and interaction until she finds someone who seems to accept her.  "It's Friday night after the big game.  Let's have a party.  Where at?  Nichole's parents are gone, if we all ask she'll let us do it there".

Not sure if these were the RP hooks you wanted or were asking for, but I'm not exactly sure how it's worse than some of the other examples given.

Help?

assleigh

We should move this over to OOC... But... Good to know... Cause sometimes she'd want the 'wrong' to be present for him...

Candii to Dante: "Daddy... I've been bad..." said in a too cutesy voice while biting the tip of her finger and shifting her weight from the balls of one foot to the other all 'nervous', coy and with a 'got caught with her hand in the cookie jar' vibe...

@AribethAmkiir - Totally get it and love it, its fine for now and can be refined in Stage 2 :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 01, 2014, 12:03:11 PM
Haha, I think the above quote from Assh kinda sums it up, eh? ;-) But anyway, an OCD Flirt who may or may not be as appealing as he thinks? That could be interesting. If he decides he wants to flirt with Grace or Candii, I imagine Dante wouldn't be best pleased. They may enjoy an open relationship, but that doesn't mean he relishes the idea of her flirting with other people :P But that discussion is one for later :P

And thanks Pally. Now all I can imagine is Candii calling Alex daddy. Thanks for that. -.-
Quote from: assleigh on May 01, 2014, 12:13:08 PM
Hehehe Daddy Valentine??? Or just Daddy V ???*giggles*

See Vergil, now I'm having all sorts of naughty thoughts...
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 01, 2014, 12:15:07 PM
No! Bad Assleigh! He's a teacher and a sociopath! :P
Why do I suddenly have a horrible feeling you're thinking of having Candii call Dante daddy? That would be extremely uncomfortable for him. :P

I am confused and intrigued by these refrences

Vergil Tanner

....it's wrong that I find that mental image so hot, isn't it? And I have a feeling that Dante would certainly have mixed feelings about that. But yes! Move to the OOC! :P

@Aribeth: Yhup, agree with Assh. That sounds brilliant to me :-) I just wanted some expansion on how that would influence her actions, and it seems cool to me. Once applications close, we'll see who goes through to Stage 2 and then further refinement can be made there :-)

@James: To clarify:

Valentine is one of the teachers at the school, the school therapist, head of the theatre productions and the fencing team...and a high functioning sociopath.
Candii is part of the theatre club and the fencing team, and is a straight A student. She also has a crush on Valentine, but also a kind of father/daughter mentor relationship, particularly after her own father passed away.
Dante is her boyfriend, and whilst they aren't exclusive (though they have agreed that each of them always has first dibs on the other), he distrusts Valentine immensely since he feels like there is something "off" about him.

Clear things up? :-)

assleigh

It's all references to the relationship between Candii and Mr. Valentine, English Teacher, Fencing team coach and Theatre group advisor, as well as the relationship between Candii and Dante... We decided that as a couple they were known as Cante, right, Vergil?

Oh, and if anyone's interested in an Adult character, Candii's mom (A widowed Lutheran minister in the beginnings of a relationship with Mr. Valentine) is up for grabs... PM me first to discuss

The next stage of character creation will fill in a lot of these gaps in knowledge, James, as it's about getting to know the other characters and players as you work with them to establish your character in the school :) It's also when folks tend to come up with initial plot ideas for their characters and we suggest stuff as well... It's collaborative, whacky fun (I'll be doing the whacking, sir)

My ONs and OFFs

Vergil Tanner

Yhup, that's right, though Dante hates that pet name. It's made even more galling by the fact that Grace was the one who started calling them it :P

But yeah, don't worry about it James. Once all the initial kinks are worked out, we can progress to Phase 2 and we'll let everybody else in the RP have a piece of your bio. No bio survives contact with Assleighs Hounds. :P
I make that sound worse than it is, haha. Don't worry about it, it's just things like expansions, clarifications and alterations to make the character fit into the RP and the social dynamic as a whole. After that, you work on character relationships, and then you're good to go. This is assuming, of course, you get through. I believe we have a cap on how many people we're accepting, after all :P

Paladin of Lust

Ah, perhaps you may have missed this on the first post of the thread, but WCBH is a reboot with existing characters. All of the existing characters have already established relationships and connections with one another (which you naturally haven't seen yet). So as Assleigh said, you guys will go through the same process of becoming a part of the school, so no worries there. These gaps in knowledge will be filled when you meet our crazy cast. ^_^

And also, Vergil, that is super hot, damn it. Dante is so damn lucky. xD

And yes, Assleigh does all the whacking around here. Mistress + Goddess + GM = Assleigh
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Vergil Tanner

Well, a resumption. Not a reboot. For somebody who likes getting details right.... *tuttut* :P
Anyway, yes. Existing characters, existing relationships, etc etc.

And yes, yes it is. Dante may be confused at first, but I imagine he'll get into it very quickly. Particularly if a schoolgirl or cheerleader outfit is involved somehow...
*daydreams*
Um, anyway. moving on.

Yhup. Assleigh is our Goddess, Mistress, Lord and Master. The One True God and Master of All She Damn Well Pleases. Get used to it. :P

AribethAmkiir

assleigh

Keep an eye on the thread, some of the players aren't around atm so may have well wishes or questions for folks. I also may alter the timeline depending on feedback I get from the players and as we've only got one other person who's expressed an interest in submitting a proposal I might close things after Birchleaf posts a profile to move things along 'quicker' for all the folks who have done their bit and submitted a profile for our review.

Also, do you have any questions for us?

And... I realized... If anyone wants to join the fencing team I'd be uber happy to have someone on there ICly with Candii and Mr. Valentine...

My ONs and OFFs

AribethAmkiir

Is it possible to look at the approved character's sheets?

When you mentioned help with world building, in the first post, it sounded like you were looking for gangs, bullies, etc.  Are you only looking for antagonists or are you looking for more setting pieces, as well, such as details of the school?

There was mention earlier that Prom was going to happen a week after the ski trip?  Is the game taking place toward the end of the school year?  If we're playing a senior who graduates, where do things go from there?  If we're near the end of the school year, is the majority of the game going to happen during the summer?

assleigh

I'm hesitant to post the link because I can't lock the thread and in the past people have jumped the gun and posted there... But... I'm going to take off my GM's gauntlets of being a control freak and post it here

Just for review, PLEASE do not post in the thread until you've gotten a PM from me saying you're approved...
It'll make me VERY unhappy... And no one wants to see that, right?

Approved Characters

Be aware that unless specifically agreed upon by the player who owns the character, none of what can reasonably construed as a 'secret' that you read in the thread is IC knowledge. We share a lot about characters so that as writers we can better collaborate, as characters, knowledge is necessarily limited.

RE: World Building - Actually... Anything is cool... First and foremost, I look at people's bios and reputation and interests to see if things can be added into the 'world'... I just got a great suggestion from PoL and I may be acting on it soon... Once that's settled, I'll post about it. If you've got a great idea for a gang/antagonist/lunchroom lady/whatever, propose it... And also indicate if it's something you want NPCed, is background color, etc.

BTW, not all characters have to play nice... Characters can be bullies (look at AC) and even 'Villains' ...whatever you desire/makes sense for your character's growth. A lot of the tension and conflict in the game will come from the characters themselves... And their interaction with others...

Prom was a misnomer... We're in late fall now... He was referencing the School Formal... That started as an off the cuff remark but is now the 2nd 'big event' coming up... And it'll be the first time as a supers they'll come together. So I'm seeing this as a whole 'school year'... But I don't think we'll get to graduation for quite some time...

My ONs and OFFs

Paladin of Lust

Yeah, prom was the wrong word to use, sorry, my bad. :p I dunno why I changed words mid-paragraph.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Vergil Tanner

Don't worry, Assh! I'm sure nobody here will abuse your trust. Right? *tries to look menacing*

Anywho, I just wanna make doubly clear that you should take as red that you don't know anything about these characters unless the player says it's ok. Take Grace and Dante; their background is a secret that not even Candii knows about (yet, anyway), so yeah. :P

Vergil Tanner

Also, Assh, I think you need to edit Candii's profile; Lisa isn't here any more, remember? :P

AribethAmkiir

Thanks for sharing.  I won't abuse your trust.  I do my best to keep IC and OOC information separate.  Character sheets are always OOC info until told otherwise.  Glad to see the group takes that seriously.

Vergil Tanner

Yhup, we do :) I personally hate it when people metagame, but that's just me.

Also, one thing you'll notice on my profile is Theme Song. That's optional, but if you get through, I will be asking later out of curiosity. So get thinking! Lmao. :P

Batman4560

Juggtacular

The next set of questions for Dontae

How often does he throw parties? - He's thrown quite a few. But he's not the only person at the school to throw a party so I'd say often enough that people would be looking forward to one when he announces it, but not often enough that people would ask around if he's having another one soon, or be bored when he does have one. That might be hard to translate into a real number...maybe one a month or every few weeks? And then after big games and other occasions like that if someone else isn't having one?

How does he both excel in classroom and at sports? - He excels in sports without question. He's a sports guy and that's what he's pretty much built for. He's good in school, but that's not from like natural genius or anything. Just being a smart kid with common sense and the common to study. Despite being rich his parents still want him to make good grades and have no problem punishing him if he fucks up...his mom is Japanese after all, lol. And his dad came from nothing pretty much and got lucky because he was good at sports. He wants him to have more to fall back on than their money. I'd say he stays around a high B/Low A, like possibly 3.5 GPA. And since he does play sports, he'd have to keep his grades at a decent level to just be allowed to compete.

Birchleaf

CHARACTER SHEET

NAME: Matthew Aaron George Edwards

SEX: Male

APPEARANCE: (I could not find a picture that looked close enough to what I wanted, so I am going with the prose description. I reserve the right to add a photograph if I find one of a handsome enough albino.)
Matthew is not particularly tall, in fact, he is slightly shorter than average at 5'6". Because he has albinism, he has milky white skin, colourless hair, and extremely pale blue eyes that appear almost red in the right light. Despite his strange looks, he is quite handsome in a slender, scholarly way, with sharp well-defined features and elegant mannerisms. Has incredibly good vision, but very weak eyes and frequently uses glasses to bear some of the load.

ORIENTATION: Straight

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

TYPE: Student Government

POWER THEME: Wizardry/Weak Cyrokinesis

FLAW: Unable to lie. Unable to break promises. Albino skin makes the sun very painful. Deeply buried inferiority complex. Falls apart if he fails in anything, with 'failure' being defined as 'second place', so has frequent private breakdowns where no one can see him.

REPUTATION:  Pending rewrite - Well known throughout school and fairly liked, but seen as a rather stiff, stoic, humourless, goody-two shoes killjoy. This is not the whole picture.

BIOGRAPHY: Senator Edwards, like his father before him, was a political crusader. Championing a variety of causes, some of them more popular than others, he made himself a great many enemies. Ten years ago, he was assassinated, leaving his wife widowed and eight year old Matthew fatherless. Some suspected that a mobster had put out a hit on him, but despite a nationwide manhunt, no suspects were found and eventually the case went cold.

Abigail Edwards remarried less than a year after her famous husband's death, mostly because the Edwards fortune had vanished along with him, leaving them destitute. Her new, much older husband, Reverend John Sanders, was a quiet man of very modest means but quite respectable. They soon had a daughter, Alexandra Sanders.

Matthew barely remembers his real father, but he has always tried to live up to his legacy. Now in his Senior year of high school, he is trying to follow in his father's footsteps by running for positions of leadership within the student body. True to his family, he is well known for his utter lack of tolerance for any sort of corruption or rule-breaking, and occasionally antagonizes those he considers disruptive influences. Very confident, self-assured, and almost arrogant on the surface, deep underneath his stoic exterior he suffers from constant feelings of inferiority, due both to his family's current destitute state and a nagging fear that he will be unable to live up to his family name.

In addition to student government work, Matthew is a member of the fencing, archery, choral, and dancing clubs. One of the top students, he frequently falls into despair if he begins to think that another might be valedictorian instead of him.

Writing Prompt

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Matthew looked over the stack of fliers. "Thank you, Ms. Peters, you have done an exemplary job as always. I am in your debt. If you will take the west side, I will take the east side." Election day was coming up, and Matthew was determined to crush his opposition. As always, Cornelia Peters was there to help him. Once he won, she would be an exemplary secretary.

Cornelia Peters nodded. "Then I will take the west side of the school. Anything to get the better candidate elected!" Matthew could not help but notice how beautiful she looked in that blue summer dress. It complemented her eyes so well... Perhaps this was as good of a time as any. After all, she had been there for him so long, he really could not do without her.

Calming his heartbeat and taking off his reading glasses, Matthew stared nervously at the tabletop. He had been planning this for two weeks, but had put of the asking for fear of what might happen. "Ms. Pe- I mean, Cornelia." He began with great trepidation.

Cornelia paused at the door and turned around. "Matthew? What is wrong? You never call anyone by their first name. Are you sick?" Her voice showed her concern.

Matthew shifted nervously. "It is just that you have been so helpful to me for so long, I just wanted to thank you by taking you out to eat. Just the two of us."

Cornelia turned almost as white as Matthew, then blushed heavily. "Matthew Edwards, are you asking me on a date?" Matthew nodded nervously. She laughed, a relieved, regretful laugh. "I flirted with you so much for so long, but no reaction at all from you. I have been waiting for you to ask me out since middle school! I was half-convinced you were gay."

Matthew looked confused. "What? I am not... What? All this time... So will you go out with me?" His tone showed barely constrained hopeful joy.

Cornelia sighed deeply and dropped her head. "I am so sorry. One month ago I started dating Percy, and..."

"So no then." Matthew hung his head. After a moment he stood up and grabbed the stack of fliers. "I will take the east side if you take the west, Ms. Peters." His voice was cold and emotionless.

"Hold on, I did not say no!" Cordelia interrupted.

Feeling more than a bit confused, Matthew paused in his stride and turned around. "But you already have a boyfriend. Percival Davidson is an upstanding young man."

"That may be, but he is not my husband or my fiancee. If I want to break up with him for you, then that is my business."

"I cannot ask you to..." Matthew paused. He did not know how to proceed. On one hand, he desperately wanted to try to make the relationship work, but on the other hand, he had very strong opinions on cheating, whether on tests or romantic interests. Still, her words did ring true... "How about we go on one date, and see where things develop from there?"

Cordelia smiled. "That seems reasonable. But you are going to have to be a bit less formal with me."

Percival bowed and smiled. "Of course, milady."

The evening of the date came soon enough. Percival rented a car, his was a junkyard reject infamous around school for how ugly it was, and picked up Cordelia at 6:30. From there they went to an expensive Japanese restaurant and then to a classical music concert. Throughout the evening Matthew felt nervous, but not so much as to impair his enjoyment. Unfortunately, Cordelia seemed a bit strained as well, though Matthew could not quite identify the cause.

The parted with only their usual farewell that night. Maybe there would be another date, but probably not. That one had cost him two months worth of his meager income. But more than that, Matthew was not sure if he was ready for a relationship, if he could open up enough let someone else in. Full of uncertainty, he drove off into the night.

Ski Free (Don't get eaten by a yeti)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Matthew took another look at the itinerary. "I am not certain that I should be going on this... excursion. Perhaps I would be more useful at school and attending to my normal duties."

Cornelia sighed. "Look, the rest of the student council is going, and plan on having an important meeting there. You cannot skip that, or duck out of your responsibilities." Matthew was silent. He began to open his mouth, when Cornelia shushed him. "I know you are worried about the money, since your parents cannot afford to send you and you are bankrupt after our..." a hint of red appeared on her cheeks, "... date." She sighed deeply. "I am sad that that did not work out, so let me offer to pay your way. You know I have the money. If it makes you feel better, I can put the money into the treasury and then say that it was a gift from the student council for all your hard work."

Matthew wanted to argue the point, but after a few minutes of hemming and hawwing, he decided that it would be very rude to refuse a gift given so insistently. Pity Percival Davidson was going too. Sure, Percival was a great guy, but Matthew could not help but feel jealous of him every time he saw him now. At any rate, Cornelia was right. Like most of the families around here, her's was wealthy enough to pay one or two trips of that size without noticing, whereas he only had the money from the part time jobs he could get as an underage student.

His feelings towards the trip itself were quite ambivalent. On the one hand, lots of immoral behavior and rule-breaking went on, and he was regretfully unalbe to do much more than lecture those involved. His position did not carry a quarter of the power that it would in a Japanese school... On the other hand, he really enjoyed the cold and the snow. He had always felt a special affinity for winter. But, with the payment out of the way. He would have to get permission from his mother and step-father.

"Mother, father, I have a request: will you allow my permission to go on the annual school trip to the Copper Ski Resort? The student council is having a meeting there, not to mention the fact that I would really enjoy the skiing itself. The student council, mostly the secretary, has offered to pay my fees so that I can attend the meeting with the others. I know that the trip has a scandalous reputation, but I will strive to not shame the family name regardless of my current location or  timezone."

The dinner table went silent for a few seconds. "Of course you can go." Rev. Sanders said mildly. "We trust you to stay out of trouble."

Well, that was easier than expected.

Now all that was needed was to pack everything. His mother was insistent that he have a new coat to make him feel 'nice and toasty' but Matthew felt that was not truly necessary. The cold did not bother him. It never had. The sun bothered him though, and so he had to pack a bunch of SPF 50 to keep his melanin free skin from developing rather nasty problems, winter or not.

Packing was a quick event: personal hygiene supplies, four changes of clothes, winter gear courtesy of his mother, laptop, papers, and sunglasses. Snow glare on his sensitive eyes could be murder.

Paladin of Lust

Hey Birchleaf, we're looking at it, will discuss it, and get back to you! ^_^

Sephora

I have updated my profile and have decided to go with weather manipulation.  Copy cat would have been fun, but I feel like it would have been too tidy of a matched up with her psychological flaw. 

In reference to the conversation about sports:  If my character get's approved I would like to create a background where her siblings were all amazingly skilled athletes who helped the school win trophy after trophy.  Is that alright?  I can manage without it.