News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Being Human on Syfy

Started by Anteros Vox, January 16, 2013, 10:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anteros Vox

So I do like the American version of Being human tough I have Googled episodes of the original show I was sorta hesitant to watch them. So I decided not to. I really didn't want to watch this show but the advertisements for the first season were in your face by season two I was hooked on it. I tend to write off things that I don't 'think' I would like before giving them a chance. Though I am sorta excited to see what will happen with the trio. If you saw the first episode it was like whoa.... literally I said that.

Spoiler ALERT Do not click here.

I THINK SALLY IS GOING TO BE A ZOMBIE!!! I was kinda excited on the preview for the next episode.

I may give the BBC one a chance though seems kinda dumb to not, but not any time soon. I don't want the two stories to give the entire plot on Syfy away.

Arohk

I have no idea about the American version. I have only ever watched the British version and it is SO awesome. One of my favorite shows of all-time. Easily. You should definitely give it a try~

Lilias

I've only seen the British original, too. I'd have preferred it not to have gone beyond the first season. That was awesome. Afterwards... meh.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Silverfyre

Agreed on all counts, Lil.  The American one isn't terrible at all.  It's a copy, sure, but it does have its own charms.

Castiel

I absolutely loved the UK version of Being Human but I just couldn't for the life of me get into the American version. I have no idea why I didn't like it. I just...didn't. I have no real reason. I think maybe it was the actors. *shrugs*

Anteros Vox

Quote from: a gallifreyan oddity on January 16, 2013, 05:14:32 PM
I absolutely loved the UK version of Being Human but I just couldn't for the life of me get into the American version. I have no idea why I didn't like it. I just...didn't. I have no real reason. I think maybe it was the actors. *shrugs*

Probably this is the same reason I haven't finally just sat down and watched the BBC one. THOUGH I will definitely get to it. lol.

Arohk

I don't know, I liked the first few seasons. But when the actors had to start leaving, they lost me a little. That and the episodes were getting fewer and fewer per season. I think this season, we're only supposed to get 6 episodes? Makes me sad. I'll still watch it, but I definitely agree that the quality has slipped. They should have stopped when the actors had to start leaving instead of milking it. Would have left us wanting more, but it wouldn't have put any sour tastes in our mouths.

Merry Gentry

I'm a fan of both versions... although, I must say that I enjoy the US version, just a tad more ;)
I'm excited for the new season, but have to agree that the amount of time that has passed during this "break" and the fact that we are only getting a few episodes! 6?  I didn't even realize it was only that :/  that kinda sucks. 

I'll still watch, and enjoy it.. but I do wonder at only 6 episodes, are they getting ready to just kill it off? hhmmm...
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Arohk

I think they should kill it off. I would rather have it end on a good note than watch it deteriorate, you know?

persephone325

I LOVE this show! I have to catch up on the second season though. I wasn't able to see any episodes... :(
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Arohk

You can catch it on Netflix if you have it! They have the UK version. At least, here in Canada they do. :3 I am not sure if the American Netflix (or wherever you are from), has it.