World of darkness - the new edition

Started by Celestial Goblin, December 16, 2005, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

World of darkness 2nd edition, corebook.
Should be in the freebies section.

Elvi

Thats the one!
*snaps her fingers*
OOOPS....sorry Angel.....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

ZK

It should simply be called. "World of Darkness."

And have a blue cover with a man in the street. The picture is purposely fuzzy.

This is the cover.

On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Natalie C. Barney

Well I'll be the family doctor with some military training in some technical field or something. We are going to need a doctor. And family practitioners if board certified get extensive training longer than any other field and includes extra training in surgery (not huge but can do common surgeries), ob/gyn, pediatrics, geriatric medicine and the like so will be handy. Again no heart transplants but should be handy.  ;D
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Celestial Goblin

The jolt makes the angel do a crazy pirouette and land on his celestial ass.
"Yeow! I'll make sure the roles are turned some day, Elvi!"
The painful voice dies as he getsures with open hands, fearing that she'd fancy another snap.
"Ok, ok, joking. You can have my book, you can have whatever you wish, um..."
He watches your fingers warily.

Elvi

Awwwwwww.....I didn't do it on purpose my love?  Would I do that to my Angelic Greenskin?
I'm hurt now...*sniff*

Celestial Goblin

*hugs and wipes tears*
"Oh, if i only knew i you didn't want to vex me, i'd grit my teeth and supress the pain!"

"But let's not try it, ok?" He says as he's getting hot... under the collar.

Elvi

What lets try it?
Well if you insist......*snap*

Elvi

OOPS! Missread your post there......*blushes*

ZK

Okay, as a show of hands.

Who is still interested?

As well, since my games tend to get pretty graphic. We may have to find another place to play this game.

As well, it being a zombie game. There will of course be gore. It's hard to have a zombie game without gore. So, unless Lilac makes an exception. This game will have to be hosted elsewhere.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

Hand raised.
But i thought the site limits are about gore in a sexual way, there's no limit to a warrior goring trough an army of goons, splaying blood and tissue, only to rescue his princess and give her a shy kiss...
Is there? If there is, we should have rpol or rpg.net .
I know that rpg.net doesn't allow detailed sexual acts, but doesn't say anything about violence. What of rpol?

Elvi

*Rubs temples hard*
There's numbers again isn't there........

Celestial Goblin

Godess of chaos, world of darkness is known to be on the border between systems that use numbers and pure tale-telling. It's not called narrative for nothing. Uh, there are numbers actually, but they take the plausible form of dots, and even unnatural creatures are limited to counting from one to five.
There are numbers, yeah, but it's mostly the GM, pardon, Storyteller who will need to add them up. You will just need to do some basic choices at char creation. You know very well i'd shiver in excitement to help you.
Blow me a concept and i'll suggest how to place the dots, while you pick the less mathemathical details, like name, vice, virtue, concept...

Siegfried

I'm interested.  I've just started to collect WoD books so I would like to put such investments to use at some point and time.

Natalie C. Barney

Basic WOD mortal- I'm game a Family Physician with a miltary background (minor) would be fun. Lets see boot camp, NCO school, specialty school (communications- can work radios and communications equipment plus repair same so would be a nice one) then after 6 years in Medical School.

So some minor combat skills at 2 dots, survival 1 dot, technology 2 dots, repair 2 dots, leadership 2 dots, medicine 4 dots (family medicine- is a Board Certified Specialty so should be ok), academics 2 dots, science 2 dots, linguistics  and some other areas for hobbies and the like. Medicine will be the only 4 dot skill since she would have been to medical school and a longer than normal residency (I checked its longer than every one save a neurosurgeon). Basics would be a normal person with one tour in the military to pay for school after college so would have been placed in as a corporal, likely promoted to a sargeant then left to attend a medical school then set-up a nice local practice at a mall or something.

Nope no female rambo with a machine gun, grenades thats also a doctor and can cook fine meals lol. A normal girl-next-door smart and respectable physician. Should fit the mood of the game.
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

Linguistics is a Merit in nWoD and Technology isn't even a skill or Merit.

Okay...to keep people from being confused...

There is 1st Edition World of Darkness, 2nd Edition World of Darkness, Revised Edition World of Darkness (aka 3rd Edition) and now, there is a new game all together. It takes from concepts from all the previous editions, reworks them and makes a new world.

This game is known as The World of Darkness which contains Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken and Mage: The Awakening at the moment.

The game I plan on running involves The World of Darkness also known as nWoD.

Of course those unable to actually get a copy of The World of Darkness, I will be willing to help make and I will explain the easier, more mainstream rule system compaired to the complex and contradictory rules of the previous game title held by White Wolf.

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Brandon

For all those wondering what the book looks like or where you might get one here a link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1588464849/qid=1135056205/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0018861-8381453?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Cheaper then the other nWoD books and you pretty much have to have it to play supernaturals anyways. The revised rule sets are better overall. Combat is faster, understanding the system is easier, and few rules need to be looked up if things ever come up. On top of this the BEST part about the system in my opinion is that all the supernaturals can play in the same game now.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Natalie C. Barney

Since we are mortals it should be fairly easy. I'm sure we can work out a family doctor with some modest military experience and hobbies with it. Books nicely priced at least.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Brandon

Oh yeah, even making werewolves and vampires is easy. Basicly in that case you just make a mortal character and then add the stuff. It works a lot like a template...oh and btw Natalie, you stole my idea! Its cool though, I have others  ;)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Natalie C. Barney

Well my theory in a zombie game is everyone will want to keep a doctor safe. And she can fight if she has to getting a marksmansip medal in boot but will not be a combat monster. GM seems opposed to those.
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

Well, combat as it is is easy in there. You could simply survive in the game with only Firearms 1. But, military training would suggest at least a 2 in it.

Brandon

Zombie survival games are supposed to be about survival. In other words its ok to run for your life at anytime but to stand there and shoot the zombies till everyone of them are dead is like playing resident evil. I think combat machine type characters severly detract from the suvival horror aspect of the game.

ZK

Well, you can certainly shoot all the undead you wish. But there is no end to them. Afterall, in the storyline. I'm using a large metropolis and well, that isn't something you have enough ammo to take care of. Even if you were a part of the military.

ZK

Remember, in the nWoD and even oWoD. There is no "winning". Only roleplaying... ^_^