When Monsters Cross Over - seeking 2 human hosts & 1 monster - LGBTQ friendly

Started by jeflint, October 03, 2018, 08:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeflint

Setting

"Dudes!" Jim exclaimed running into the kitchen. "Dudes!" His two buddies turned to the erstwhile jock who'd gone outside for a smoke. "There's a monster out back!"
Jim wasn't exactly the most straight laced of guys to begin with and was always trying to get his buddies to believe in his latest conspricy theory. And his love of horror movies was almost as big as his love/obsession with conspiracy theories. And it had been his idea to come up to this cabin in up state Michigan for the three day weekend. To take a break from football camp and from college tests.

Well how could Eric or Kevin believe their drunk frat buddy? Spouting out about monsters in the woods? What fucking idiot would believe that? "Right, dude," Kev laughed taking a pull on his beer. He looked over at Eric giving him a subtle smirk. "Right?"

Eric nodded finishing up his pull of whiskey. He nodded and checked his watch, the girls should be here by now. He was sure as shit not going to be spending all weekend drinking with a bunch of dudes. He had only come for the promise of babes. "Yep," he said beginning to pour some more JB into the cup, cutting it a bit with coke. The screen door creaked open and was followed by a bang. Perfect timing Eric thought setting down his drink "In the kitchen."

Jim didn't get a good look at it, being that he was facing away from the kitchen door. But Eric and Kevin did. The large bipedal, easily 7 feet tall, with hairy legs, arms and a sweater stood behind their friend. "Do you guys know the way to Iuisk?" the deep female voice asked. With a scream Kevin and Eric ran for the door, leaving Jim by himself. "Why does everyone keep running?"

Ioluqar was a world where the dominate form of life were not humans but instead hybrids of humans and creatures of legends. For them it was all normal, and the dwindling human population on their planet was seen as a tragedy but pure human births were decreasing steadily to the point where they were essentially a protected race on Ioluqar. During the middle ages, or even perhaps before that, as early as what humans on Earth would call the classical time of Greeks, humans and monsters had lived, not always coexisting in harmony but they had lived and worked together. Sweated together. The population of Ioluqar was never very robust at the best of times and so the naturally larger monsters had plenty of room to spread out.

It started in earnest about 60 years ago. The crossovers. The occasional and sometimes disastrous conflicts of Demi's, the human term for them now, and monsters. Tells of Bigfoot, of Mothmen, of Werewolves, of Nessie, of chupacabra appearing across the world. Little rips, holes, between the two dimensions that would pop open sucking in a human into the world of monsters and monsters into the world of humans. Sometimes open for minutes, or sometimes up to a week. These holes didn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to anyone. But in the middle of nowhere, or as close to such that it didn't matter. A giant hole tore through the middle of Lebanon Kansas. Standing vertically 40 feet and horizontally about 30 feet across. A look into the world of Ioluqar.

Naturally the first few curious folks where met with widely different reactions. The humans that came through were seen as odd, but not unexpected after all Ioluqar had humans. But the humans who came into Ioluqar had never seen the like before. When the Mayor of the town came forward she was shot by a scared human cop. The Laima was not happy about it and soon a full battle was being waged. National guard on both sides were called and quarantined. Eventually cooler heads prevailed and a dialogue was established between the Humans and Demi's.

Strict rules were put in place to monitor the hole and to keep people who shouldn't come through. Sick humans were turned down for fear of a virus mutating and being spread to the Demi's and eventually mutating more and coming back across to Earth to infect the humans of Earth. And for Demi's only the ones who were deemed as non dangerous were allowed to get a visa and visit the human world. Because Demi's exhibited powers and abilities that humans didn't they were carefully watched and observed to ensure they wouldn't hurt humans. Of course this caused all manner of additional problems, how does one find/design a car that can carry the length of a Laima or carry the weight of a centaur? And of course Demi's who stayed on Earth longer than a week or so, as some chose to do, they had to have a means of income. Which meant finding jobs they could work.

Over the course of the next sixty years bugs were worked out but the Demi population always stayed rather low on the human side. This was not to say that all Demi's on Earth were registered, since the random holes still popped up from time to time. Those that were found without their visa were returned to Ioluqar. But recently there has been a push to offer host families to Demi's so that they could experience life in the human world. Since the population on Ioluqar was at best a third of Earths there were some Demi's who'd never even seen a human. And with the introduction of Hosts the stipulation that the Demi had to have their visa on them at all times eased.

And this is where you come in. Whether you're seeking to host a Demi, or Demis, for government assistance or simply for the chance to meet one of these exotic people. You've approached the Demi Cohabitation Bureau to begin the process of getting to know Demi's and applying to sponsor them. The requirements are straightforward in that you cannot have a criminal record and that you have to be willing to allow checkups by the DCB and offer various information to your charges.

The DCB has a few simple rules for you to live by.
1) No Killing Demis
2) Don't let the Demis hurt humans
3) Allow tours of host facilities
4) Host training
5) Do not cross into the Demi's world. Period.

General Information

What this is: If you've watched Interview with Monster Girls, A Centaur's Life or Monster Girlfriend you have a general premise of the type of play that might occur. Using a unique setting to give the world more flavour so that there is some mystery and some adventure for all parties involved.

Who's the GM? Yours truly, with help by the lovely MadPanda. I put a focus on storytelling and role playing. I've done a few campaigns, poorly I will freely admit, on this board but it doesn't keep me down for long.

What am I looking for? Currently we have all the Demi's and are seeking one or two humans to serve as the girls, or boys, host. The humans will serve as the connection to our Earth.

Human Earth This is essentially our world and current level of technology applies.

Ioluqar The monster world and where our monsters are from. They've evolved to have human characteristics but still maintain their specific legendary monster attributes. (I.E. Monster Girls)

System Yes, this game is loosely based on the Voidspire system Heroes of the First Age but specifically pulling from the America: Land of Monsters. Humans aren't a primary focus in this game, nor are the monsters designed to be heroes in this game. They're normal people like you and me. So given that there will be a bit of tweaking done to the below character sheet for our Humans.

Character Sheets

Monster/Demi Human Character Sheet
[float=right][img height=700][/img][/float]
[b]Concept:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Measurements:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
[b]Traits:[/b]
[b]Flaw:[/b]
[b]Archetype:[/b]

[u][b]Primary stats[/b][/u]
[b]Alertness:[/b]
[b]Charm:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Cunning:[/b]
[b]Spirit: [/b]

[b]Health:[/b] 6
[b]Willpower:[/b] 3
[b]Experience:[/b]

[u][b]Relationships:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Equipment:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Moves:[/b][/u]
All basic
Both Tragic Moves

[u][b]Story Arcs[/b][/u]
1)
2)
3)

[u][b]Background:[/b][/u]

Character sheet for our Human Hosts

[float=right][img height=700][/img][/float]
[b]Concept:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Measurements:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Theme Songs:[/b]
[b]Traits:[/b]
[b]Flaw:[/b]
[b]Archetype:[/b] Host

[u][b]Primary stats[/b][/u]
[b]Alertness:[/b]
[b]Charm:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Cunning:[/b]
[b]Spirit: [/b]

[b]Health:[/b] 6
[b]Willpower:[/b] 3
[b]Experience:[/b]

[u][b]Relationships:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Equipment:[/b][/u]
[b]Personal:[/b]

[b]Home:[/b]

[u][b]Moves:[/b][/u]
All basic
Both Tragic Moves
Battle: Ranged
Social: Courtship
Archetype:
Extra Move #1:
Extra Move #2:
Extra Move #3:
Extra Move #4:

[u][b]Story Arcs[/b][/u]

[u][b]Background:[/b][/u]

Human Questions/Section

Quote from: Saric on October 22, 2018, 05:23:33 PM
Questions for Human Hosts:

Answers! Basically go with what makes the best story, so I see. :)

1. Should I ignore the 'traits' section of the character sheet? Or make up more 'humanish' traits?

1) Make up more humanish traits, please

2. One of the moves for a 'Host' uses Spirit, but Humans shouldn't seem to have any Spirit, is this a typo or just poor game design? Are we house-ruling it? Etc.

2) Player Characters are unique and so they should have the ability, with-in reason, to assign stats that reflect your character.

3. No starting money is listed for the new Archtypes, nor is an income listed for being a host. What do?

3) Right now we're not going to worry about money yet, just assume you have a stipend, or a rich uncle that gave you some money. :)

4. We need somewhere to live before we can invite someone else to live there, do we just start with a home of some kind? Do we get different tiers of home? Is the down payment already made or subtracted from our starting money? Are we partway into the mortgage or even paid off already?

4) Places that you can live as a Host (Apartment, Small House, Large House, Substance Farming)

5. Special Power Moves seem to be based on monstrous bodies, or magical training. Do humans not get one? Can we learn one? Or do we just get another extra move or trade it in for our starting home or something?

5) For now you can choose either Extra Move or set up to learn from one of your hostees.

6. Equipment...?

6) Select Equipment that would be ok, within limit, for your house/personality/job

Links

Main Story
Character Sheets
OOC

So please, come join us. :)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Snake

jeflint

Quote from: Snake on October 03, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
I'm interested but I'm not familiar with that system.

Snake, the system is designed to be very narrative friendly. But truth be told I'm not 100% on the system myself. I have the books and will be running/learning with everyone.

My understanding is that you can only use a power by setting it up in the narrative and then you roll against the stat. So for instance my Minotaur has the move power, so if I described her as doing something using her power I get to throw 3d6 and factor that she has this special move. Where was someone sneaking up on her she's screwed because her alterness is 0d6, or no die role.

MP can correct me if I'm wrong. But I worked from concept into character sheet so you should be able to do it this way as well. ^_^

Hoshino

I think this will be a learning experience for a lot of us, whether we're playing as Human or Monster.

MadPanda

Quote from: Snake on October 03, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
I'm interested but I'm not familiar with that system.

No worries!  While it sometimes might feel like drinking from a fire-hose, it's less complicated than it seems.  First, this is a derivative of the Apocalypse World engine.  If you have any experience with anything considered PbtA (Powered by the Apocalypse) then you have some idea of what's going to happen.  If not, just ask!  JEFlint is learning.  Heck, I'm learning...because while I have a fair bit of experience with PbtA
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(including more than a few fuckups demonstrating clearly how NOT to do it!)
, these rules are a bit different from the usual.

First thing to keep in mind is that these rules are "fiction first" rules.  That is, if you are going to trigger the mechanics, you need to set that up in what you narrate beforehand.  And similarly, if you describe something that would trigger the mechanics, then they come into play.  (This is usually presented as "to do it, you do it.  If you do it, you do it" but that makes my inner grammarian tremble in annoyance.  :D )

Second thing is, this is not a simple skill-check or to-hit sort of system.  It's more of a "who gets narrative control when we don't know what happens next" sort of thing.  So no, you shouldn't be rolling (or asked to roll) for anything that isn't either fraught with uncertainty or peril.

Third thing is, there's no overarching plotline that your co-MCs are gonna impose.  We're all playing to find out what happens.  This gives the PCs amazing operational freedom.

Fourth thing (and for me the single most important factor, because my luck with dice is abysmally horrid), this is player-facing.  The MC never, ever, rolls the dice.  Both JEFlint and I have characters in the game, tho, so when we roll dice, it's only for our character....and the other will then apply the rules.

Hope this helps!   :D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ieatcookies

Interested, however I have a few questions? Are all Demis NPCs or other player characters? If the latter, is there a list set up? I'm alright with playing a female human host.

MadPanda

Most of the PCs are demis.  We have, let's see now...a Minotaur-girl, a Hawaiian hibiscus-lass, a demon (I think), a Draco-chick, and an artificial lifeform who looks like a Pikachu girl-type.

In Memory of Bishrook

Hoshino

(Succubus, Demon, Fire Elemental, whatever doesn't break the world our GM's set up)
For a more in depth look at these characters, we have a character sheet thread set up, too!

Ieatcookies

Sweet, thanks for the details y'all! No male demis yet? I might make a male human character then as host. Waiting for more applications before deciding.

MadPanda

A female Host would, of course, make the resulting harem comedy a bit more kinky... (evil laugh)

In Memory of Bishrook

Hoshino

Ideally we get both a male AND female host (or really anywhere on the spectrum), to truly open the doors to all sorts of harem comedy shenanigans

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

PrincelyPup

I would be very very interested in playing a human if pve of the monster girls wanted to play a dominant for me or maybe also be futa?  I can basically adore any rp if those are in the mix in a moderate amount.

jeflint

Quote from: Daemon0110 on October 21, 2018, 07:23:11 AM
I would be very very interested in playing a human if pve of the monster girls wanted to play a dominant for me or maybe also be futa?  I can basically adore any rp if those are in the mix in a moderate amount.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here... Sorry

Saric

Quote from: jeflint on October 22, 2018, 07:21:10 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here... Sorry

He wants to make a cute little femboy and have one or more big strong monster girls or monster futas move in with him and turn him into their fucktoy. :P

In contrast I'm working on a Futa human host who will try and seduce her Monster guests! :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

PrincelyPup

Saric

1. Should I ignore the 'traits' section of the character sheet? Or make up more 'humanish' traits?
2. One of the moves for a 'Host' uses Spirit, but Humans shouldn't seem to have any Spirit, is this a typo or just poor game design? Are we house-ruling it? Etc.
3. No starting money is listed for the new Archtypes, nor is an income listed for being a host. What do?
4. We need somewhere to live before we can invite someone else to live there, do we just start with a home of some kind? Do we get different tiers of home? Is the down payment already made or subtracted from our starting money? Are we partway into the mortgage or even paid off already?
5. Special Power Moves seem to be based on monstrous bodies, or magical training. Do humans not get one? Can we learn one? Or do we just get another extra move or trade it in for our starting home or something?
6. Equipment...?

That is all so far, more may pop up as my character sheet develops or answers are given.

Please mention your favorite.

Character sheet - in progress

Concept: Horny Hostess
Name: Samantha "Sam" Brookwell
Race: Human
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 127lb
Measurements:  42D-28-42
Theme Songs: Alvaro Estrella - Bedroom(Nightcore) / Bea Miller - S.L.U.T. (Nightcore) / Halestorm - ''Jump The Gun''
Traits:
Flaw: Horny/Lust
Archetype: Host

Primary stats
Alertness: 2d6
Charm: 3d6
Power: 1d6
Cunning: 0d6
Spirit: 1d6

Health: 6
Willpower: 3
Experience:

Relationships:

Equipment:
Personal:
Smartphone w/ monthly service
Gaming Laptop
GlobalMart Desktop
Firearms License
Pistol
Leather Jacket
Occupational Drivers License
Passport
Nice Clothes
Sexy Outfit
The New Green Book
Fresh Food
Gas
Home:
Large House
Water and sewer plumbing connections
Garbage and Recycling pick up
Internet and TV data connection
Office Supplies
Pool
Ramp to front door
Extra large door in back
Fence around yard with extra large door.

Moves:
All basic
Both Tragic Moves
Battle: Ranged
Social: Courtship
Archetype: Mama Wolf
Extra Move #1: Beguile
Extra Move #2: Get Intimate
Extra Move #3: All There in the Manual
Extra Move #4: Weirdness Magnate

Story Arcs
1) Monster Lust
2) Monster Love
3) Monster Family

Background:
Sam's childhood was relatively normal through middle school, is was only once she reached puberty and started high school and dating that things started going... poorly. Her unique gender gave her an incredibly strong sex drive as well as a strong attraction to members of ether of the more common sexes. This alone would have given her a reputation soon enough, but her first crush ruined that, and so much more, when they found out her gender and ran away to tell all their other friends. Within a week the whole school knew what a 'freak' Sam was.

She got through the remainder of her schooling through the strong support of her family and a focus on her education which continued through college, where she focused on social services. She always felt a strong connection to the often ostracized monsters and worked hard to gather enough money to buy and refit a house confiscated for back taxes in a wooded area and make it ready for non-human guests. She's applied for a Hostess license and a multi-occupancy status and is eagerly awaiting word back from the DCB. She has yet to realize that her interest in and empathy for non-humans have bonded with her frustrated sexual needs to give her a strong erotic attraction for the exotic and non-human. She will likely realized things when she meets her first 'guest', but feel constrained to continue on since it isn't her guest's fault she's become a pervert and they'll still need a place to stay.

She craves affection from multiple sources and a large family so a harem or polyarmous relationship is desired and preferred... whether she is the solo or main focus or not.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

jeflint

Answers! Basically go with what makes the best story, so I see. :)

1) Make up more humanish traits, please

2) Player Characters are unique and so they should have the ability, with-in reason, to assign stats that reflect your character.

3) Right now we're not going to worry about money yet, just assume you have a stipend, or a rich uncle that gave you some money. :)

4) Places that you can live as a Host (Apartment, Small House, Large House, Substance Farming)

5) For now you can choose either Extra Move or set up to learn from one of your hostees.

6. Equipment...?

6) Select Equipment that would be ok, within limit, for your house/personality/job

Avalon29

So answer time, at the moment Daemon there are no super domiannt futa ladies. Some of the other girls might be dominant but am currently unsure. I believe Jeflint linked the list to our current cast earlier but if anybody missed it the current cast can be found here. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=294251.msg14438874#new

I am happy to answer any questions about my character or help answer questions about the system. I have not played ALM before but I have attempted to run Heroes of the First Age so I am somewhat familiar with the system.

PrincelyPup

Well... i guess i could hang around until one pops up? Or maybe i should just butt out...

Avalon29

Can't speak for the gm but feel free to hang around in case one pops up. We're pretty friendly here so feel to chat and wait around or poke someone if you're interested in their character to try to work something out. ^^

jeflint

Quote from: Avalon29 on October 22, 2018, 09:11:03 PM
Can't speak for the gm but feel free to hang around in case one pops up. We're pretty friendly here so feel to chat and wait around or poke someone if you're interested in their character to try to work something out. ^^

Yep, I know we're waiting on I believe 2 more monster girls to be finished up, so it's possible one of them might be a futa. Or I might have to open up the board for some other monster girls. :) Only time will tell.

Snake

I'm still here with interest but I'm getting adjusted to the way the systen works

jeflint

Quote from: Snake on October 23, 2018, 11:57:52 AM
I'm still here with interest but I'm getting adjusted to the way the systen works

No rush. ^_^

Snake