News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Black Crusade: We Hunger (Interest Check)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 12, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terian

Quote from: Sinestra on June 27, 2014, 03:29:19 AM
Well, putting aside the obvious Gifts of Chaos stuff...

(Snip)

Thanks for the look over.  The Intelligence was actally so I could pick up Armour-Monger, which gives me another +2 to my AP.  Since I'm going Heavy Weapons Girl, Toughness was a high priority for me, especially since I eventually want to step up to Termie Armour (Which would either allow for dual-wielded heavy weapons, or a Storm Shield and a Heavy Weapon).

That said, I thought getting only one item only gave a +10 to the Check, which left Very Rare as being the cap on what we can pick as a starting Infamy item?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sinestra on June 27, 2014, 05:38:15 AM
Ahh, and not when you hit 10 corruption. My bad on that one... so I guess things are a little more expensive all around. Statement does stand though... buying a lot of T2 and T3 talents at generation is super-expensive and cuts down on your flexability at the beginning of the game... which is where you'll make a few quick XP bucks to start buying the big-stuff.

Guess I need to rework Belliala now...

Edit:

Well that was relatively painless...

Since I had mostly chosen Tier 1 Talents and skills, most costs were only 50 XP more. I dropped a T3 talent, got rid of a Fellowship Advance, trimmed a skill down a rank and ditched an Opposed T2 talent and actually came out mostly the same... although I'm still staring down that "Daemon Mastery Test is a Little Too Close" still, and without the points I thought I'd have by dropping Unarmed Mastery. :( I'll poke around a bit more. There has to be a bit more I can trim.

Belliala, Scream Queen of Slaanesh

Belliala Di'es Iras , Scream Queen of Slaanesh

Archtype: Fallen Sororitas
Race: Human
Alignment: Slaanesh
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Vengeance
Experience Unspent: 150

Slaanesh Advances: 8
Khorne Advances: 2
Nurgle Advances: 0
Tzeentch Advances: 1

Weapon Skill: 50 (25+3+12+5)
Ballistic Skill: 55 (25+3+23+5)
Strength: 30 (40) (25+5)
Toughness: 30 (25+5)
Agility: 40 (+6) (25+15)
Intelligence: 30 (25+5)
Perception: 25 (25+-5+5)
Willpower: 40 (25+-3+12+5)
Fellowship: 55 (+7) (25+5+20+10)
Infamy: 40 (19+9+2+5+5)
At 2014-06-22 23:37:43, Belliala (uid: 29915) rolls: 1d5 Result: 5

Corruption, Mutations and Abilities
10: Rewards of the Dark Gods Test PASS
Reward Roll: Daemon Weapon
20: Rewards of the Dark Gods Test FAIL, Roll Gifts instead
Gifts Roll: -4 modified by Infamy (Pseudo-Daemonhood) (Daemonette)

Head Armor: 7
Body Armor: 7
Left Arm Armor: 7
Left Leg Armor: 7
Right Arm Armor: 7
Right Leg Armor: 7

Wounds: 16
Movement: 6
Infamy Points: 4
Corruption Points: 20

Skills:
Athletics (Str) +10
Acrobatics (Ag) +10
Awareness +0
Carouse (T) +0
Charm (Fel) +20
Command (Fel) +0
Common Lore (Int)
  • Ecclesiarchy +0
  • Imperial Creed +0
  • Imperium +0
  • War +0
Deceive (Fel)  +0
Disguise (Fel) +0
Dodge (Ag) +10
Operate (Ag)
  • Ground Vehicle +0
  • Auronautica +0
Forbidden Lore (Int)
  • Daemonology +0
Interrogation (WP) +0
Intimidate (S) +0
Literacy (Int)
Parry (WS) +10
Speak Language (Int)
  • High Gothic
  • Low Gothic
Stealth (Agi) +0
Swim (S) +0
Tech-Use (Int) +0
Trade (Int)
  • Singer +0
Talents & Traits:
The Quick and the Dead, Cursed Heirloom, Enemy (Adepta Sororitas), Hatred (Adeptus Astartes), Hatred (Adeptus Sororitas), Jaded, Quick Draw, Mighty Shot, Lightning Reflexes, Swift Attack, Unshakeable Will, Excessive Wealth, Unarmed Warrior, Bulging Biceps (Implant), Iron Jaw (Implant), Hotshot Pilot, Air of Authority, Inspire Wrath

Weapon Training Pistol (Bolt, Flame), Weapon Training Basic (Bolt, Flame), Weapon Training Melee (Power, Primitive) ,Weapon Training Exotic (Sonic Weapons)

Dark Blessing [Unnatural Fellowship (+2)], Radiant Presence, Fear 4 (Terrifying), Warp Instability, Unnatural Agility (+2), Daemonic (4), Dark Sight, From Beyond, Soporific Musk, Daemonic Presence

Melee Weapons
Name: Unarmed Strikes (50% Success)
Class: Melee Damage: 1d10+6 Type: Impact Penetration: 0
Special Rules: Primitive

Name: Power Sword (50% Success)
Class: Melee Damage: 1d10+5 Type: Energy Penetration: 5
Special Rules: Power Field, Balanced

Ranged Weapons
Name: Bolter (65% Success)
Class: Basic Damage: 1d10+5 Type: Explosive Penetration: 4
Range: 100m Rate of Fire: S/3/- Clip: 24 Reload Action: Full
Special Rules: Tearing

Name: Ghibelline Hyperwave Clarion Cannon (N/A% Success)
Class: Heavy Damage: 6d10 Type: Energy Penetration: 6
Range: 40m Rate of Fire: S/-/- Clip: 24 Reload Action: 6 Full
Special Rules: Best Quality, Concussive (1), Devastating (3), Melta, Overcharge, Overheats, Spray

Equipment
Slaanesh-Corrupted Adeptus Sororitas Power Armor (Light Power Armor)
*Sustainable Power Source
*Vox Link
*Auto-Senses

*Power Armor Customization: Devotional Iconography (Slaanesh)
Bolter (Corrupted Sororitas)
Power Sword (Corrupted Sororitas)
Slaanesh Symbol Pendant
Best Craftsmanship Daemon-Blessed Combat Bike (Cursed Item, Unsettling)
Daemon Weapon (To be created by GM/Player)
Infernal Star Force Field (Infamy Item)
Good-Craftsmanship Sororitas Jump Pack (Infamy Item)
Good-Craftsmanship Mind-Impulse Unit (Infamy Item)
Good-Craftsmanship Skeletal Petrification (Infamy Item)
Best-Craftsmanship Ghibelline Hyperwave Clarion Cannon [Wealth-Item]

Background

A young woman raised in the Schola Progenium, Belliala grew up believing everything the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition shoved down her throats. She believed every story, every lie and every image fed to her from the moment the church took her in when her parents perished in a ork invasion when she was just a child. Having been whisked away to a monastery to become a Adeptus Sororitas, Belliala grew up with hate and fury as her daily bread, a meal she devoured along with the worship of her one true God Emperor.

It wasn't until her coven, on a distant planet and removed from the majority of the Imperium's activities, were visited by a group of Grey Knights. The coven welcomed the angels with open arms and celebrations were nearly beginning when, without warning or provocation, the Grey Knights mercilessly began to slaughter her sisters. So shocked were they that is was over in mere seconds, no sister able to even raise a bolter against the Astartes. Belliala had been sent off by her Cannoness on an errand to make ready for the Knight's arrival, and it was in a moment of weakness she had paused for but a few moments to indulge herself at a small grove that saw her arrival just as the Grey Knights began desecrating her sister's bodies and smearing their blood across their armor.

She could not comprehend what she was to bare witness to. Over hours she watched them ordain themselves in her sister's blood as she watched from behind the vault door of the coven. Protected from the auspex scans of the knights, she could only stare in awe at the deeds before her. Everything in her body knew what she saw was heresy of the highest order, the death of her friends and superiors was unthinkable, but it was all done by her God Emperor's Angels, his most holy and uncorruptable angels. Her mind could not bare the strain.

That evening as the knights began to venture from the coven towards some distant goal, Belliala watched a lone knight remain behind, for what purpose she did not know, but her mind demanded revenge, but not revenge of blood, but revenge of pain and torment. With her training and a mirade of weapons available to her, it was a simple task of ambushing the knight and in one clean motion disabling his armor's power generator. Without the ability to call for aid or to oppose her, the marine was helpless as the falling sister strung up the blood-adorned knight and began to sing.

She had long enjoyed singing out the glorious praises of her God Emperor, her voice joining a grande chorus with her sisters. But that night, for the first time in many years, she sang out with only her voice. A new song of worship slipped to her lips as she proceeded to engage in hours of rigorous torture of her 'plaything'. She called out in denouncement of the God Emperor, denouncing his angels and denouncing the Imperium itself for all time. It would be days before the knight's fellows would return, and when they did, all that was left behind was the hardened blood of their battle brother.

The very warp had come for her, had whisked her, her fallen sisters, and her 'plaything' deep into the Eye of Terror. A song at her lips for Slaanesh, Belliala gifted her tortured Grey Knight to a great Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, a gift the creature could enjoy for all time, if only she could be allowed to stay and bring a song of damnation to all the Imperium. And sing the Daemon Prince did have her do. So glorious was her song, so enthralling her performances against the Imperium, that she drew a great deal of attention within the Warp. As one of few Sororitas who have fallen, Belliala was visited on numerous occasions by powerful entities in the warp... some to bestow favor, and others to seek a piece of her flesh. She accumulated treasures and trinkets, as well as countless offers of companionship...

One such Daemon to "offer" himself, proclaimed his name to be "Doomrider", a prince of Slaanesh and all vices within. Their meeting was over in moments, one part rape, one part courtship, one part date and one part 'messy breakup' all in the span of moments. An excess fueled few moments the like that Belliala had never experienced before, and likely never would again. When it was all said and done, and she lay passed out across a discarded daemonic combat bike the prince had left in the chaos, Belliala found herself changed forever. Her skin had become unnatural, her body and soul infused with the very essence of her Dark God... she had far more in common with the Daemonettes she summoned and bargained with than humanity anymore. Her mission was unchanged, however... her former Sisters still remained ignorant of the truth. A truth she intended to scream at them with all the intensity Slaanesh had to offer. She would see them follow her to debauchery and excess in her name...

Showing My Work

Starting Experience Spent
500 - +5 Infamy
250 - Fellowship +5
250 - Willpower +5
250 - Ballistic Weapon +5
250 - Weapon Weapon +5
250 - Exotic Weapon (Sonic)
250 - Radiant Presence
250 - Excessive Wealth
500 - Unarmed Warrior
250 - Air of Authority
250 - Inspire Wrath
350 - Charm +10
350 - Dodge +10
250 - Operate (Auronautica)
250 - Hotshot Pilot

I may (will) regret his, but if you are interested, and shadow is okay with it, id be willing to trade daemons with you. A 40-odd WP Daemon is way more manageable for a non-psyker character than what your dealing with now, and you wont have to invest so many points into a stat of only moderate importance just to keep control of your character when someone boffs you alittle too hard.
(And, i cant help but feel that shadow was hoping to catch me but you the one that ended up putting your foot in the beartrap  ;) )

Sinestra

Quote from: Darkling on June 27, 2014, 03:00:06 PM
I may (will) regret his, but if you are interested, and shadow is okay with it, id be willing to trade daemons with you. A 40-odd WP Daemon is way more manageable for a non-psyker character than what your dealing with now, and you wont have to invest so many points into a stat of only moderate importance just to keep control of your character when someone boffs you alittle too hard.
(And, i cant help but feel that shadow was hoping to catch me but you the one that ended up putting your foot in the beartrap  ;) )

You know, I'm actually liking the idea of having an ex-boyfriend daemon in a weapon and either arguing with myself occassionally (since I assume I'll be writing most of the flavor text of the weapon unless Shadow has something specific he wants the weapon to say) and of course the scheming, backstabbing and all that 'good'ness we'll get up to together. ;)

And hey, what's a little risk of Daemonic Prince possession between friends and teammates really? :) Besides, it's no fun without SOME risk. If there's no risk, it's just power gaming.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Sinestra

Quote from: Terian on June 27, 2014, 02:21:25 PM
Thanks for the look over.  The Intelligence was actally so I could pick up Armour-Monger, which gives me another +2 to my AP.  Since I'm going Heavy Weapons Girl, Toughness was a high priority for me, especially since I eventually want to step up to Termie Armour (Which would either allow for dual-wielded heavy weapons, or a Storm Shield and a Heavy Weapon).

That said, I thought getting only one item only gave a +10 to the Check, which left Very Rare as being the cap on what we can pick as a starting Infamy item?

You're right, sorry, I typed all of that really really late (or early I guess) and should have been sleeping.

Technically with the Wealth thing or Excessive Wealth you could, in theory, push 1 or 2 items beyond Very Rare though.

I mean, if you REALLY wanted to go all-in with this, Cursed Heirloom and the Pride: Wealth are excellent opportunities.

The Cursed Heirloom might take a bit of background altering maybe, but the talent is actually quite valuable. Using it, whatever item, lets say... your armor... gains so many nice little traits, and alright 1 or 2 bad ones. Idealy for a Merc, I could see Bloodthirsty or Unsettling as being totally within the realm of possibility (Bloodthirsty, after all, basically means you double-tap anyone you take down, just to be sure they're dead... could be because the armor's former wearer was paranoid about the undead or daemons possessing bodies they'd killed or something). In exchange for the downside, your armor automatically returns to you if lost (or left behind somewhere, or captured), if it's destroyed it comes back to you good as new, no one can steal it either.

Now if curses aren't your thing, using the Pride: Wealth (I mean, you're a merc right? You're doing this for the money, right?) would give you access to full Power Armor with 1 upgrade, and no downside. It could be Good-Craftsmanship or you could mount a weapon on your arm, or put Spikes on it or any number of things. That armor would literally put you on equal defensive footing with the Chaos Marines of the group. It would give you 10 more strength than light armor, and sure makes you a bit bigger of a target... but why build for tankiness if you don't want to be hit now and again, eh? Lol :)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sinestra on June 27, 2014, 04:49:31 PM
You know, I'm actually liking the idea of having an ex-boyfriend daemon in a weapon and either arguing with myself occassionally (since I assume I'll be writing most of the flavor text of the weapon unless Shadow has something specific he wants the weapon to say) and of course the scheming, backstabbing and all that 'good'ness we'll get up to together. ;)

And hey, what's a little risk of Daemonic Prince possession between friends and teammates really? :) Besides, it's no fun without SOME risk. If there's no risk, it's just power gaming.
Heh, fair, i just thought id offer since you seemed stressed,  ;)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Wow.  I disappear for a day or three, and everything goes to hell and daemon weapons!

I've.... got nothing. 

Sinestra

Yup, don't mind me, just liable to turn into a Daemon Prince at any moment. Lol

Cataclysmic Archangel

*laughs*  I'm making a Psyker who doesn't want to be connected to demonic anything... and the hot piece of ass is already a demonette with a demon... sword (something with a large, thick handle) and everyone else is hoping for another piece of demon. :p

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sinestra

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 27, 2014, 08:12:53 PM
*laughs*  I'm making a Psyker who doesn't want to be connected to demonic anything... and the hot piece of ass is already a demonette with a demon... sword (something with a large, thick handle) and everyone else is hoping for another piece of demon. :p

Come to the Dark Side... we have cookies, and beer and- oh, and I think I just heard somebody ordering a pizza...

And I will have you know this sword is very flexible, able to lash around, rotate and cause all sorts of delightful bits of pain... it's also great for combat too. ;)

Cataclysmic Archangel

I was just stating that I see downright boring compared to the rest of the campaign.  Oh well.  8-P

ChaoticSky

*isnt a hot piece of ass apparently* Poor Lailah.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Actually, thanks to the whole daemonette thing, Lailah is light years more interesting to Arcannyx now.  The real question is... what does the mere mortal thing of the idea of mounting a space marine. *winkwink*

Sinestra

Lol, awwhhh... such a shame. ;)

Guess I'll just have to fall back on Belliala calling Arc "Big Brother!" annoyingly all the time. ;)

And not interesting? You're a hulking man-beast with the physical characteristics of Hercules and a suit of powered armor the entire universe wants to tear off your back to claim as a prize. You could change things up to be almost anything from there... a single-man hit squad who roams the vortex taking on bounty hunting jobs while thumbing his nose at the Imperium all in the vain purpose of thinking he's still doing "The Good Fight" all the while. You could be the custodian of a cursed warp-power-cell that is desired by the entire vortex, keeping it from prying hands while you search for some damnable way to destroy the bloody thing (since it keeps reappearing in your possession no matter what happens to it) or you could (incorrectly) think yourself a shard of the Emperor reborn, and if you have to beat it into the Imperium that you've come to reclaim the Golden Throne then by so damn you will do it, you had to conquer Terra in ancient days to unify the world... looks like you'll just have to do it again!

...and so on and so on.

And come on... Belliala is still a smoking hot piece of ass. She's just slightly purple tinged. She doesn't have a daemonette claw or anything. She just has... daemon-like eyes... and resiliency... that just means you Marines don't have to be the least bit gentle. What, you weren't looking for ROMANCE were you? ;)

And oh, you're SO going to have to tear Lailah away from Bell. Such delightful warp essence to drink from. ;)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Gee, when you put it that way....

Actually,  you just gave me an idea for a character more suited to enjoying Bell. I may need to ponder this more when im back home...

edit:  or I just did some checking right now.  I realized that while Thousand Sons are always my go to when I play 40k (and I have a habit of narrating in my head, which was why I thought one would be good for a RP..... I've also always wanted to do something with a Dark Apostle, and this might be the best chance I'll get for one such.

What do people think?  Especially Bell? *winks*

HairyHeretic

A Word Bearer and a Night Lord. Nope, don't see any possibility of *ahem* interesting theological discussions there. :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cataclysmic Archangel

I actually started writing a sheet for a Dark Apostle.  Deffinitely a RP character even more so than the sorcerer, but not terribly shabby in combat... Just not made for it.  Very much a lead from the back sort.  I'm *almost* tempted to not use the template, so that I can make him an unaligned sorcerer instead of the way they make him, but not quite.

Question for the masses: How does one get a Daemon Weapon to start?  Only through Gifts?  Because for a Dark Apostle, my corruption is stupid low, and I don't get a gift.  Wait.  Do we get one at 10?  or is the first one at 20?  I forget now.  The Apostle gets a Crozius, which has a demon weapon version, BUT the template says you start non-possessed.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 28, 2014, 07:21:43 AM
I actually started writing a sheet for a Dark Apostle.  Deffinitely a RP character even more so than the sorcerer, but not terribly shabby in combat... Just not made for it.  Very much a lead from the back sort.  I'm *almost* tempted to not use the template, so that I can make him an unaligned sorcerer instead of the way they make him, but not quite.

Question for the masses: How does one get a Daemon Weapon to start?  Only through Gifts?  Because for a Dark Apostle, my corruption is stupid low, and I don't get a gift.  Wait.  Do we get one at 10?  or is the first one at 20?  I forget now.  The Apostle gets a Crozius, which has a demon weapon version, BUT the template says you start non-possessed.
Yea, you have to score it on a Reward Of The Gods roll, which you dont get if your Unaligned. Alternatively, to get one during play you have to summon and bind a daemon, or have someone else do it for you (i could), or rip one from someones cold dead fingers.

As for stupidly low corruption, how so? Those who walk between the gods tend to be more stable than those who follow one, all the lore about Word Bearers (and Night Lords for that matter) indicate a very low level of physical corruption, even the most powerful members of their legions rarely stray from a almost mundane appearance, as those who are heavily mutated are seen as failures.

Though i will say the only thing i hate about Black Crusade is the fact they conflate being Unaligned with Chaos Undivided,  which are not the same thing at all, but oh well.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I ended up with a 15 Corruption based on this set of character rolls and such.. and that was only because the Apostle itself grants 15.  And actually, I just checked... an Astartes gets a Gift at 10, 30, etc.  Mortals get 10 20, 40, etc.

Rolls for this character ended up... mixed, as I made him.  For instance, I rolled Warpsight as my gift (after changing from Vampiric Addiction), and my armor has Devotional Iconography... all makes perfect sense.  And I found gear easily enough this time around.  But at the same time I actually ended up with less wounds than my sorcerer, and I think I'm less useful in combat without the Doombolts to throw around.  Mind you, that Crozius is ... messy in close combat.

So I'm torn with what to play.  I have the two options... I can go with a Thousand Son, or embrace my inner super villain and go Bearer of the Holy Word.

ChaoticSky

I will say, WB make excellent minionmasters... they often start and rule cults and the like, and Greater/Superior Minions are nothing to scoff at.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Well, the most I could start off with is a Minion, not a Greater Minion.  That'd be all my starting Xp.  It's tempting, however, especially with all my bonuses to command and things like that if I go that route.

I wonder if I can find rules somewhere for a Daemonhost as a minion, or something like that.  Or maybe just a pet Psyker...

HairyHeretic

If there aren't rules for a deamonhost in the BC book I'd say you'd almost certainly have them in the Dark Heresy Radicals Handbook, and could probably convert them over.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cataclysmic Archangel

I might not have been looking in the right place, as I saw nothing in the Radicals book.  I may websearch it just to see if I'm looking wrong.
, but I could always just make a Minion as a 'daemonhost'.  I'm looking at the rules right now for it.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cataclysmic Archangel

Which then directs you to the Core DH book, page 355.

What do you think would be better?  using DH's Daemonhost rules (which, admittedly, look like they make scary powerful minions), or just running with BC's minion rules?  I guess it's just a question of how you can port them over.