Under Siege (Captured City Fantasy Freeform, LGBTQ and Hetero Friendly)

Started by Deamonbane, January 11, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame Professor

While you are all...

I was all...

when I found it. I'm glad she meets your approval! ;D
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Kendra

YAY! for approval  ;D

wow, characters look pretty awesome, this game is going to rock  8-)

Elf

Quote from: Kendra on January 15, 2015, 05:00:54 AM
YAY! for approval  ;D

wow, characters look pretty awesome, this game is going to rock  8-)

I thought that from the get go, but the cast of characters has only made it more so.

Ontan

It’s a crude work in progress, but thought I’d get people’s opinions sooner rather than later. Also, just in case the giant spiders and evil cult doesn’t give it away, it’s supposed to be just a little tongue in cheek.

Caeso Antius Ursus (WIP)

Ontan

Character Name: Caeso Antius Ursus
Alliance: Barbarian Supporter
Title: Liberated Slave
Face Claim: Nil (see artwork)
Other Images: (general style and other face claim pictures. Use Spoilers, please.)

::General::

--Appearance--
Race: Human
Height: 186cm (6’1”)
Weight: 82kg (181 lbs)
Hair Color: Soot black
Eye Color: Chestnut brown
Sexual Preference: Straight
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoos on the top of each hand, marking him as a convicted criminal.
Items: (Usual dress, weapons and anything that the character usually carries with him/herself)

::Character::

Personality: Energetic, sarcastic, humorous… and a ruthless survivor when needed. ((More to come, naturally))
Biggest Fear: A Royalist restoration, which would see him returned to slavery or incarceration. 

Talents/Flaws:
- Arachnid Cult: Although the cult’s membership is down to one person, ready access to monstrous spiders is still a handy resource to have. Contrary to popular belief, it takes years of careful study (not animal magic) to control the giant arachnids, though this isn’t quite the boon it seems: with nobody to help command them, Caeso can only manage one or two of the primordial creatures at a time.
- Scholar: The obligatory ‘loremaster’ of every adventuring cohort he’s ever joined, Caeso knows how to put his learned background to good use. Natural history and archaeology are his specialties. 
- Escapist: Whether it’s fleeing a losing battle or escaping a cave in, Caeso has an uncanny knack for slipping away just in time. He can’t work miracles, but Caeso always knows when it’s time to cut and run, and is usually agile enough to pull it off.
- Militiaman: The adventuring lifestyle taught Caeso to be passably competent with polearms, staves, and light shields. He’d be a poor match for any veteran, though.
- Outcast: A fugitive to the resistance and a foreigner to the barbarians, Caeso is a pariah in all but name. At best, he’s considered an ally of convenience; more often, he can only rely on himself.
- Agoraphobic: War-torn cities are never the safest place to begin with, but Caeso’s aversion to urban exposure goes into the realms of irrationality. Large public spaces – plazas, temples, courtyards, marketplaces – fray Caeso’s nerves to breaking point. This isn’t a problem on the open road, but in a metropolis like Cydilla it’s a constant source of anxiety.

Mage: Yes
Used spells:
Fireball: A perennial classic, the fireball spell conjures up a sphere of flame that detonates with explosive force when thrown. Many mages (especially non-humans) consider it artless and crude, but there’s no denying its efficacy.
Distant Potential: It’s a fever dream that causes him to wake drenched in sweat, an ache he can never quite pinpoint, a muse that torments rather than inspire. Caeso certainly has the potential to develop his magic further, but it won't unlock on its own: it would require time, resources, and a great deal of meditation.

History: ((Again, WIP!))
Mage, treasure hunter, scholar, cultist, slave… Caeso has an extraordinary tale to tell, provided one has the time to hear it.

For present purposes, however, it suffices to note that Caeso was one of the leading figures of the Cult of a Thousand Eyes – a conspiratorial society that hoped to conquer the metropolis of Cydilla by secretly breeding an army of monstrous spiders in the sprawling sewer system. In their defence, the bizarre plan came reasonably close to fruition, but the later stages proved too risky and the deception was discovered far too soon. A short but ferocious battle ensued in the dark passages beneath the city, and a band of Cydillan champions ultimately destroyed the Cult, crushing the very heart of their operations and defeating the cornered traitors.

Caeso’s story could’ve easily ended there, but Cydilla is a place where commerce ever prevails over justice. Rather than squander two rare resources – a human mage and a clutch of rare monsters – it was decided that both should be put to work in the city’s grand arena. As the last surviving person with the requisite training to control the arachnids, Caeso was pressed into slavery rather than executed, though it’s open to debate whether this fate was kinder or crueller than the alternative. For two years his monstrous arachnids have delighted and repulsed arena spectators, but the recent conquest of the city has finally put an end to Caeso’s captivity. Granted a reprieve he never dared hoped for, he now strives to ensure the old regime remains deposed – an act of self-preservation more than vengeance.

O/O's: (Link or character list of O/O's)
Et Ceteras: (Details about the character that don't fall under any of the other categories)

Thoughts? Is it a promising concept, or completely the wrong track? Also, do we have too many mages already? Your brutal honesty is duly appreciated  ;)

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Elf

I agree, it is an interesting pic. The character is also very interesting.

Kendra

BeckyAnnn

Just re-read my CS and realized I was all over the place with her.  I am going to blame it on the fever.   ;)

Still she is pretty much as I wanted her, just could have been written better. 

I am seeing a lot of drool-worthy characters here.  Can't wait to see how the game goes.

Madame Professor

You can never have too many Mages! ALL the magic!

I hope you are starting to feel better, Becky!
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Deamonbane

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on January 15, 2015, 11:22:22 AM
Just re-read my CS and realized I was all over the place with her.  I am going to blame it on the fever.   ;)

Still she is pretty much as I wanted her, just could have been written better. 

I am seeing a lot of drool-worthy characters here.  Can't wait to see how the game goes.
The characters so far are very drool-worthy. And your character was really good...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lynnette

I might just go ahead and start writing on the prostitute character that I had in mind... Not sure what I'll do for the history though...
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Euron Greyjoy

"The Devil is in the details, and that's where you'll find me."

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=209937.0

Deamonbane

Saturday evening? Maybe a little later, but most everything is ready to go already, and all I need is a little time to work on the opening post.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Euron Greyjoy

Fair enough. In the case I'm not done by then I'll have to respectfully bow out, I refuse to keep you guys waiting.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There is no such thing as status quo when it comes to relationships. You either come closer together or drift further apart."

Lynnette

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 15, 2015, 03:47:16 PM
Fair enough. In the case I'm not done by then I'll have to respectfully bow out, I refuse to keep you guys waiting.

I'm fairly sure that not everyone would've had time to post before the next week starts at its earliest.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Deamonbane

WIP

Deamonbane

Character Name: Vane Riece
Alliance: Unknown
Title: Adviser
Face Claim: Alan Rickman
Other Images:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

--Appearance--
Race:
Human

Height:
Five feet, 9 inches

Weight:
150 lbs

Hair Color:
Black

Eye Color:
Black

Sexual Preference:
Heterosexual

Distinguishing Marks:
A branded star on his right hand, occasionally glows an angry red. Squinty eyes, usually covered by his long, thin hair.

Items:
Dresses in long robes, usually dark blue or brown, doesn't wear any adornments. Always seen with a staff, three feet long and two inches thick. Made of ebony-black wood, topped with a large pearl.

Personality:
A fiercely intelligent man, and he knows it. Seeming to always be sporting a sneer, he looks down on everyone, no matter their station, wealth or race. He is cold and calculating, not charismatic and not very likeable. This is a fact that he knows and has learned to live with. He always has a plan, an ulterior motive, an incarnation of the fact that nothing in this world is free. An impeccable memory and a devious mind, few trust him and rightly so.

He is not ambitious in the traditional sense. Magic is his greatest passion and hobby, and his ambition is to be the greatest human mage of all time, and in all honesty, he is quite close. As an adviser to the queen, he had the city that he understood better than anyone else running like a well oiled machine. He knows how people think and how they act, and he plans accordingly.

Biggest Fear:
Discovery of his most dearly held secret. Snakes are a phobia of his.

Talents/Flaws:
A mage without peer, except for a handful of Goblin and Elf magi. He knows how to handle emotion magic, written and spoken magic, as well as a field of magic that few find interest in, Alchemy. His staff works like a wand, a way to concentrate his power with spoken and emotion spells, and these serve to make him even more powerful.

Despite being able to protect himself with magic, when it comes to actual combat he is out of his element. He is no fighter, except with spells. Usually sickly and thin, he avoids strenuous labor, as it tests his rather fragile health.

Mage: Yes

Used spells:
Just about all of them, with a specialty for potions and lightning magic. His trademark is a lightning bolt spell cast from the pearl in his staff.

History:
Born in the Northeastern Human settlement of Ard Caraigh, his family was poor and struggling. With five children, they found surviving in the already poor logging settlement difficult, especially with a sickly child that Vane was. When he was less than five years old, he was sent to a monastery in Cydilla to study, and allow his parents to raise their other children. Vane found that his lack of physical health and strength could be surpassed by his ability to learn and study. He showed great intelligence since he was a child, lacking in the strength and energy that other children showed, and was usually seen with his nose stuck in a book. As a child, he was constantly bullied and made fun of. Even at that age, his imperious sneer and aloofness showed itself.

As magic began to show in the young man, he recieved an invitation to join the College of Wintry Isle, and so he boarded a ship to the mysterious college dedicated towards the study of magic, and he could honestly say that that was when his life began. At the age of ten, two years after he had joined, it was obvious that he was one of the greatest human prodigies to join their ranks. At the age of fifteen, Vane was already studying very intricate and complex levels of magic, discussing the intricacies of portal creation and fire summoning with the elders of the college. He became a professor there at the age of twenty. Vane felt he belonged at this college, where he could expand on his knowledge and skills and his true calling among his peers.

He became a well known name in magical circles, with his studies on lightning magic, formerly only used by trolls or goblins, as well as his works with alchemy and summoning magic present unprecedented possibilities in magic and science. He made his own staff, enchanting common oak with the most complex dwarven spells, and using a sea-snake pearl, a creature that every seaman knows casts lightning from it's jaws, to top the powerful staff.

However, when his interest turned towards one of the few forbidden arts of magic, necromancy, his relation with the college soured. His studies were enlightening and shocking, but his ability for it had the heads of the college fearful. He was warned never to practice necromancy again, and when he chillingly refused, stating that his studies were too important to be stopped, he was removed from the college. The brand on his hand was a spell that would kill him if he ever practiced the forbidden art again. And so Vane returned to Cydilla, a bitter and rejected man. He found several anxious to sponsor his magical studies and he moved from house to house. He refused to adhere to his sponsor's wants, he was cut off, and he moved on, continuing his more tame studies of Alchemy.

Eventually, he came to be sponsored by the Queen of Cydilla, who to his great relief had no ulterior motives for hiring him. It proved that he was a skilled politician, well able to handle the more mundane tasks of ruling a city like taxes and law making. While he disliked spending time with this boring side of life, it allowed him to continue his research unimpeded, and so he made do with the necessary evil of it.

However, when the city was invaded, he found himself captured in the palace with most of the other advisors and some of royal family. When it became apparent that the invasion was going to last for a while, he presented himself to the King to help him run the place during the occupation. While Dakeyras did not trust the wily mage, he found that keeping the city at peace until he had secured his place in Cydilla was important, and Vane had a talent for just that. And so he ran the city for the invadors, keeping the city running like a well-oiled, if broken machine, once more.

But would it last?

O/O's: My Own
Et Ceteras:

Also, GM announcement: The World Map is up in the World Thread!

@Euron Greyjoy: I suppose that the timeline could be pushed back. Although just because the game is starting doesn't mean we will be closed to new applications.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Madame Professor

Euron Greyjoy

From being close to dropping the game to almost being done the personality, I swear inflicting a deadline upon myself is the best remedy for writer's block. I have class from six to nine tonight, but at the rate I was going I should be done soon.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Euron Greyjoy on January 15, 2015, 04:25:51 PM
From being close to dropping the game to almost being done the personality, I swear inflicting a deadline upon myself is the best remedy for writer's block. I have class from six to nine tonight, but at the rate I was going I should be done soon.

I find that deadlines help, too.

Of course... the tile sawing is not helping my focus.. -glares at contractor-

la dame en noir

Deadlines and music help me.

Knowing that something must be done is always a good motivator.
A&A | FxF |

Viper

Drake Valentine

WIP

Drake Valentine

Character Name: ‘Masa’
Alliance: None/Himself
Title: Wandering Monk
Face Claim: Takashima Kouyou
Other Images:
General Clothing Style
Facial

--Appearance--
Race: Human (Infused with Dragon Blood)
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 135lbs
Hair Color:  Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Distinguishing Marks:
Items: 
His clothing varies, but he has taken a few garments with him on his trip. One being his ebony training attire, another being a set of simple brown robes, and then there is the more vibrant garbs he has picked up along his journey.
He possesses a bag, mostly for his clothing or for food that isn’t quick to perish.
He also keeps a few water flasks on his person and pouches filled with simpler meals that may be quicker to perish.
He carries a bo-staff, although most people unfamiliar with such a ‘weapon,’ take it more as a walking staff or something of that sort as it is too peculiar to appear like something a ‘mage’ may use.
He doesn’t appear to have anything of valuable on him, no gold, no jewelry, no artifacts, nothing magical.

Personality: Masa’s persona is very questionable, to say the least. He has lived most of his life sheltered from the reality of the outside world, a strict lifestyle of training and enlightenment. The teachings of The Forgotten Way also do no merit much for his character. He has no understanding of what is wrong and what is right; essentially, one may claim him to be naïve to the world itself or even ‘innocent,’ to society. The truth is, is that he can feel so impartial towards anything, he can often live without regrets, even if his actions may come off as ‘evil’ to the morality of society itself.   

Furthermore, undergoing the infusion of Dragon Blood has not spoken better for his character. Some may claim he has a second identity about him, that more of a beast than human from his way of speech at times. His mannerism alteration often leads him to place himself as a superior being, denouncing or looking down upon whomever he may be dealing with. Most humanoids will be related to as 'creatures,' and likely less depending on how he is approached in this bizarre state of mind. His memories remain, common tasks of fighting and training and use of his powers will linger as they have been drilled into him from his lifestyle; although other oddities of technology will linger given his backwater lifestyle. Therefore, whenever his identity switch is flipped, he does become a different person and not for the better. He always looks out for his well being in this state of mind and thus is aloof to all life around him.
Biggest Fear: Mentally taken over completely by his other side. Falling into madness.
Talents
Unarmed Combat: Known to use a strange unarmed fighting style and is also trained in performing ‘disarms’ upon opponents.
Agile/Acrobatic: He is always moving in a fight and most of his acrobatic feats are better known and seen when he is unarmed.
Weapon Proficiency: Staff The only weapon he has been trained to fight with, a weapon that while used may appear to be more of a performance. He often wields it with a variety of spins to delude his foes and deliver unexpected strikes where they may be most vulnerable.

Flaws:
Strength: Physically he isn’t that strong and can easily be overpowered.
Other Weapons: Not trained in the use of other weapons beyond the staff.
Sheltered: He has lived a sheltered lifestyle, as a result the real world is entirely knew to him and may leave a sense of naivety or narcissism in his dealings with others.

Mage: Maybe? (He does not consider himself as one.)
Force: Or better known to him as ‘energy manipulation,’ he is capable of sending his own energy into an opposing object. He cannot, persay, shoot it out from an extended distance, such is more advance teachings; but up close and personal the threshold of energy is more than enough to leave the largest of men stumbling backwards or falling on their ass one. This is mainly done by focusing the energy into his hands or feet or even his staff in strikes to amplify the damage output, allowing him to hit much harder than what his limber image may be physically capable of. He is also capable of releasing a short range ‘shockwave’ of sheer kinetic force, weaker in a 180 degree angle around him, but stronger when focused before him. Such actions are taxing on the body and he does not usually employ the use of full bursts of energy.
Magic Affinity: A passive ability thanks to the infusion of dragon blood, he can detect magical items, but he does not know the properties behind them. The trait is more of a sixth sense towards anything of magic value within his vicinity, but again he is unable to decipher any potential dangers. The stronger the source, the easier it is to detect, even from farther away.
History: (At least five paragraphs, longer if the character is exceptionally old)
Lazes

Will get to later

Nothing here yet

I'm spoiler master

Master of all boxes of spoiling

Why you keep clicking?

Stalker. ;o

You just want me to spoil on you.

O/O's: Drake Valentine
Et Ceteras:

Religion:  The Forgotten Way. A not so traditionally practiced ‘religion,’ due to having become outlawed in many countries; though there are still few believers and practitioners of such. It is not truly a religion in itself, it places no value in Gods or Goddesses and instead counters that many who follow such paths have lost insight to the truth.  The Forgotten Way treats everything in neutrality, there is no good nor evil and it teaches that magic itself came from the most ancestral creatures of them all, dragons. It is believed that certain dragons were the ones to pass their teachings and power to the mortal races. Dragons are also seen as sacred creatures and are worshipped. This alone has created a controversy to the form of ‘religion,’ proclaimed to be blasphemy. There has even been rumored that those involved may carry deeper involvement with the mythical creatures, though whether this is true or not is another story. Still,  a single phrase has surface more than others and has spread like wildfire. ‘Dragon Blood.’

Dragon Blood: Better known as blood from dragons, it has been rumored to have various effects. Some believe it will prolong one's lifespan, others expect it to strengthen one's powers. It is a rare commodity, but one without dangers. The blood of dragons has been known to drive people mad or even prove fatal to take of those unworthy of receiving its blessing. In lesser dangerous states, those that survive may suffer from amnesia and some might go as far as undergoing a complete personality change. It's benefits are minimum, it does decelerate one's aging capacity but does no further in physical limits of the body. It heightens one's senses to be attuned to those of magical items or feel out of magic in general. It is said to grant magic to those incapable, but whether that holds truth is another story. It also allows potential growth acceleration to those who may already be gifted in magic. Still it is seen as a forbidden entity due to its risks that outweigh the gifts. 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |