The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eBadger

B-b-but drow are people, too! 

...although, I suppose for the right price I could lead you to one of Nana's rivals. 

godfang

From what i gathered, they pick mortals to become new Elans, but i haven't found the bit that says they can't have children (I always thought it would mean that their children will become normal humans) . Will try and find more info on this, or i can let the DM decide.

@eBadger: weell, it depends on whether those rivals are the ones who destroyed the village near his tower or not, if so..maybe that's our character's link?

Videospirit

QuoteThose who pass muster undergo a secret psionic process in one of several hidden elan enclaves, where they abandon their humanity for a new, psionically energized existence.
You're a Psionic Flesh Golem

QuoteThus, elans do not reproduce biologically, but rather psionically, through a mysterious psionic ritual known only to elans.
No biological reproduction.

Granted... since they're modelled after humans, they likely have all the "equipment", they just fire blanks.

eBadger

Quote from: godfang on June 30, 2013, 08:58:09 PM
@eBadger: weell, it depends on whether those rivals are the ones who destroyed the village near his tower or not, if so..maybe that's our character's link?

Oh, Nana's a sweet old lady, she'd never do such a thing and leave witnesses!  Nys would be happy to talk to some people who know some people. 

kckolbe

SteelZephyr, I have two requests.  The first is to take the first level of kundala before game begins, and take my last monstrous humanoid level once we get our first new level.  The second is for Siereis to get some minor ability in exchange for special mount, since I will be playing her mount.  Maybe just a bonus on ride checks or something?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

godfang

Ah, ok. I was reading the pathfinder srd for elan description, that's why it's rather different. Anyways, i can roll with the punches. I wanted him to make children of his own, but i'm not willing to depart from Elan (more because of the concept rather than the abilities, since humans don't live infinitely and the idea is that Aio is a mysterious immortal figure, kinda like edward scissorhand).

Maybe he'll try and impregnate women, but can't figure out why it doesn't work? Maybe he's looking for a way he can make children of his own. I'll let the dm decide on what's feasible

Videospirit

I think a Fiendish/Celestial Seed spell from the BoEF would do the trick. Pretty expensive to get made as any kind of magic item though.

eBadger

Potions are cheap. 

A high level transmuter might be able to help with that sort of thing, too.  If you happened to know one. 

Videospirit

Those spells have a 500xp cost to them and are higher than 3rd level, so potions aren't an option unfortunately.

A say cockring of Fiendish seed 1/day would cost 5040 gold and 25404xp to make, and cost 135080 gold to just buy outright.

godfang

ooh these are some good ideas..though a cockring of fiendish seed sounds so painfull..I guess i can deal with it in-game

Videospirit

Oh, A simple Polymorph(Or maybe alter self? Do I even want to know what aberration you'd turn into...) Spell could get the job done without the xp cost.

A potion of alter self would be fairly cheap(300 gold), and last half an hour.

eBadger

Quote from: Videospirit on June 30, 2013, 11:12:25 PM
Those spells have a 500xp cost to them and are higher than 3rd level, so potions aren't an option unfortunately.

A say cockring of Fiendish seed 1/day would cost 5040 gold and 25404xp to make, and cost 135080 gold to just buy outright.

Hmm...I thought a single use item wouldn't need the x50 (even if not a potion) but don't see it there specifically.  At that cost you may as well just get a ring of wishes (which clearly doesn't use the x50 mechanic!)

Taking that multiple away (so it's just x1 xp, which is logical for a single use spell) gives you:
-Pinata of Fiendish Seed
The user must smash the Pinata while blindfolded to activate the item; this causes the user to produce a half fiendish child when they next copulate, per the Fiendish Seed spell.  The Pinata is destroyed when activated. 
700 gp + 556xp
Or 4,900 gp market value. 
Plus the cost of a masterwork pinata, I suppose. 

Or, yeah, Nys could whip up an alteration potion now...or cast polymorph once he gets another level. 

Videospirit

Quote from: eBadger on July 01, 2013, 12:26:25 AM
Hmm...I thought a single use item wouldn't need the x50 (even if not a potion) but don't see it there specifically.  At that cost you may as well just get a ring of wishes (which clearly doesn't use the x50 mechanic!)

Taking that multiple away (so it's just x1 xp, which is logical for a single use spell) gives you:
-Pinata of Fiendish Seed
The user must smash the Pinata while blindfolded to activate the item; this causes the user to produce a half fiendish child when they next copulate, per the Fiendish Seed spell.  The Pinata is destroyed when activated. 
700 gp + 556xp
Or 4,900 gp market value. 
Plus the cost of a masterwork pinata, I suppose. 

Or, yeah, Nys could whip up an alteration potion now...or cast polymorph once he gets another level.

Any finite use item would use *charges, and that's *1 for 1 charge.

He was talking about having like, a full on breeding program though.

eBadger

Ah, my bad...yeah, if you wanna serial rape and impregnate, it's gonna cost. 

Videospirit

He might be able to pick up Metamorphosis eventually, and that should do the trick(Although at Minutes a level, he won't have much of a reputation for uh... lasting.)

He can also use it to turn into a talking dildo with his full range of senses(Touch included!), he can't make people pregnant in that form, but I still think that's pretty hilarious.

godfang

yeah metamorphosis might work, he just needs to use it before climax (since he's only changing his internal systems) and i don't need to find some odd items.

Thanks for all the inputs guys, it's really helpful :D (but no on the talking dildo, lol)

Anon315

Quote from: eBadger on July 01, 2013, 12:44:15 AM
Ah, my bad...yeah, if you wanna serial rape and impregnate, it's gonna cost.

My character, despite being a lecher and Lothario, would take some exception to the habitual raping and impregnation of people with fiendish babies. That's just a few toes over the line.

indarkestknight

Hey, as long as he's clever enough to keep the other PCs from knowing about it in character...

godfang

@anon: It's just for the one who kills the children in the village near his tower. His logic is, you killed the children, now you need to make it right by making children. It's not like he runs around going 'oooh, random npc, let's impregnate THAT'

Anon315

ah. My character is like that, but he's less forceful and more coercive.

godfang

I do think we have alot of casters with mind effecting powers (it does fit the sexual theme of the campaign) but who knows how many will make it to the main roster?

Anon315

I'm here to lie, cheat, and woo. Also to make either marvelous music or tell horrible jokes. Haven't quite decided which.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Pretty much decided on the Changeling Beguiler, should hopefully have a sheet up soon.

Ershin

Just got home after the weekend away, I should have a sheet/background to post some time this evening. I honestly thought I'd have the background done in the evenings when I wasn't doing anything, but as it turns out I just sort of got wrecked each day.

Though actually, with the number of already submitted applicants wuld I still be permitted to post something? That might be the main question here.

godfang

i think you can, but the final roster is up to the dm. And hey, if you can't, i can always use more players for my game