league of Evil Redux Freeform/NC/EX (Still Accepting Characters)

Started by Baalborn87, January 29, 2014, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

This is a restart of an idea I had a while that garnered some interest but never really got off the ground.

I have seen a fair few hero based Rp's floating about (both DC/Marvel and OC) and I thought about what would a world be like if a group of super Villains banded together to confront the "goody-goody" problem (I'm sure most people would go for the evil route over justice...Just ask someone what they'd do if they gained the power of invisibility ;) ).

If you've ever read Wanted (the graphic novel) you'll know what I'm on about Or check out the wiki I also had inspiration thanks to Neil Patrick Harris

Brief story synopsis

Heroes and Villains exist. That is a fact. These supermen and women have been hiding in the shadows for centuries. But in the last century a mass influx of "special" people have been awakening and super powers are starting to become more common (though rough estimates put the number of superpersons at less than half a percent of the global population). Where you have the Heroes taking up the limelight and praise of the population, you have the other side of the coin. Those who got the short end of the stick, those that feel like they deserve more or those that just enjoy the idea of making other people miserable.
  With the influx of the villains the Heroes took it upon themselves to become defenders of the population, and with the support of the populace and governments they had great success. They even formed a group, calling themselves "The Invincible
Guardians" to help with any issues that required more than one "Hero". 
Upset with the current state of affairs. A group of individuals calling themselves "The Shadow Council" invited a group of "select" persons to form their own league to contrast the Guardians. They provided these individuals with a secret communal facility to use as an alternative to their own (if they have one). Inside they can find all they need for a home away from home. Each person has their own area which consists of a secure apartment which includes bathing area, sleeping area kitchenette and lounge accessed by a biometric lock (providing you remember to lock it). As for the communal areas. These consist of the main meeting/conference room (to receive messages from the council, plot nefarious schemes and generally laugh maniacally), a kitchen (to make eeevil omelets and the like), a gym, an armoury, pool and sauna, an armoury (to store gadgets) and a lab (for any evil geniuses).   

As it's just an interest thread at the moment, just the basics are required.

*Notification of interest
*Any Questions
*Light Character sheet

---Character sheet---

"Normal" Name: i.e Tim Baxter
"Normal" Appearance: How you look as a "civilian" (try to be as detailed and you are more than welcome to include an image)
Sexuality: Hetero
Personality: i.e Stereotypical Jock
Villan Name: i.e Captain Obvious
Villain Appearance: i.e Their outfit (again please include detail and if you can find an image even better

A good Creator to use is http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/
Just Export your character to your computer then upload them to the wiki......... Here's one I made earlier

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers: (try not to go OP with this please)
Special Equipment (& function): i.e Blatant Bombs (They go boom)
Weakness: Everyone needs one. Though it can be unknown to other characters......in fact that's probably for the best being evil and all.
Nemesis: (not necessarily needed but can add a bit more flavour to your character and they could crop up later)
Brief Bio: He grew up and became evil because.
Crime that gained you entrance to the Legue:

FAQ.

1) How long have powers been around?
2) How do superheroes react to villains?
3) How do countries?
4) Are there aliens?
5) Magic?
6) Other dimensions?
7) How do these interact?
8) Why are several villains forming a league of evil?
9) What is Your (as in my) role in this?
10) Power level? Global/local/galactic/street?
Answers

1) As far as people know, 4 or 5 centuries but in secret. However in the last century, there has been a mass awakening in people being discovered with superpowers.

2) By beating the s&!t out of them whilst spouting a corny catch phrase before throwing them in a woefully under equipped prison.

3) The same way they react to "regular" villains. Sending cops to arrest them. Then SWAT (or their equivalent) if the cops fail. Then finally the military.

4) Yes, but not any who have made contact with the human race. Maby the odd Superman esque intergalactic refugee (but not a OP as him).

5) NO

6/7) Possibly, though experiments and research are going on. No progress has been made. Though I wouldn't be opposed to someone who wants to play a villain who has found himself in "our" dimension in some accident.

8) Because the Heroes formed the "Invincible Guardians " to try to pool their resources to combat the ever growing threat posed by the villains.

9) I will be providing the NPC's for your characters to be pitted against. The nameless civilians/cops/and heroes who try to beat you up whilst uttering (what they think are) witty one liners.

10) From street to just under Global i.e country. Though as characters progress they could work in concert to become a global threat (but thats a while off).

Also I will be controlling the "Shadowman" a robotic proxy drone that is your only contact with the "Shadow council" at the League of Evil. Who's voice when it talks constantly changes in tone from youthful to ancient, male to female and all between.

If you think I've missed anything or if you need clarification, or just a question. feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Neysha

I'm interested,  I'll see about pondering and then conjuring up a character.

You seem to have put in a lot of thought into this idea then previous similar efforts IMHO.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Baalborn87

I try.

Let me know how you get on with the character builder (I also mad the shadowman using it)

Neysha

Quote from: Baalborn87 on January 29, 2014, 10:33:16 AM
I try.

Let me know how you get on with the character builder (I also mad the shadowman using it)

I gave it a bit of a go but yeah, I think I'll just troll the photo albums until I find something.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Urbanzorro

Now to begin considering how best to make an evil character who sings...... In all seriousness I'm interested.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Foxy DeVille

Okey doke, I'm throwing my hat into the ring...

"Normal" Name: Elizabeth "Bess" Bodley
"Normal" Appearance: Bess Bodley is a brunette in her mid-thirties who stands 5' 4" and weighs 123 pounds. Her measurements are a charming 34C-23-35. She excels at giving withering looks.

Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: Bess is a snooty and snobby intellectual. She looks down upon anyone not well-read or British. Originally quite introverted and altruistic, dear Miss Bodley has become far more sinister since gaining her uncanny abilities. This might possibly be caused by the fact that many of the characters with the most interesting attributes tend to also be less than scrupulous at best and downright sociopathic at worst. She does seem to have acquired quite a few vices, such as a fondness for cocaine just like a certain consulting detective and the deviant tastes of various Marquis de Sade creations. Bess is quite a bibliophile and prefers to plan her crimes around a literary theme, such as kidnapping someone with the same name as the protagonist in Kidnapped. She prides herself on being a proper villain and does not shy away from challenging a hero.
Villain Name: The Librarian (frequently combined with an alliterative adjective such as Lovely, Lethal, Larcenous, etc.)
Villain Appearance: She dresses like... a librarian. Granted it's a sexy librarian because everyone loves sexy librarians. The glasses are an affectation, her vision is fine. When she channels a character, she will frequently take on an aspect of their appearance, like suddenly manifesting a deerstalker cap and an Inverness cape when using Sherlock Holmes' abilities or gaining tremendous size like Frankenstein's Monster.

Powers: The Librarian can gain the abilities of any literary character by quoting the book they're from. Her powers are basically psionic in nature, she taps into the world's collective consciousness of fictional beings, something she call "the Literati." She is most well-versed in classic English literature so that's what she "checks out" the most often, although she is familiar with the greats of American and European origin as well. So she can be as brilliant as Doctor Jekyll, as good a shot as Robin Hood, as strong as Pippi Longstocking, as alluring as Ayesha, etc. More mundanely, Bess is quite well educated and can speak both German and French as well as her native Queen's English.
Special Equipment (& function): An extensive library with many illegally acquired rarities. She can also gain the equipment of the character she is channeling, such as a foil when utilizing the Scarlet Pimpernel's fencing skills.
Weakness: As she has to quote a literary work for her powers to work, the Librarian has to have passages memorized and being silenced somehow will render her ineffective. She also is limited to one character at a time, up to sixty minutes or what she would call a "story hour." The Librarian can't "check out" the same source again until the next day.
Nemesis: "All-American" Armstrong, a gung ho American hero with low levels of superhuman strength and durability who is quite angry at the crimes some smarty-pants limey is pulling in the good ol' US of A. He is sometimes accompanied by Model Citizen, a busty young woman with no powers who acts as a spokesperson for the gaffe-prone and short-tempered Armstrong. She also helps deflect certain rumors after Armstrong was once found passed out drunk not far from a gay bar.
Brief Bio: Bess Bodley was a mousy woman originally from a small village in Kent, England, who lived a quiet life as a librarian in Rhode Island. That is, until the day she was bonked on the head with a very large copy of the Oxford English Dictionary that fell from a shelf and rendered her comatose. Bess regained consciousness several days later with no apparent lasting damage. While kindly reading from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to a child in the hospital, Bess found herself changing size while reciting the "eat me, drink me" part. She was able to convince everyone that the child had simply imagined what had happened. Upon returning home, Bess experimented with quoting other literary works and discovered she could acquire the abilities of their characters as well. With such power Bess became much more confident as well as much more nefarious. And thus she became the Librarian, bodacious bookworm gone bad.
Crime that gained you entrance to the League: Stealing the rough draft of the Declaration of Independence from the Library of Congress. The Librarian keeps it framed and hanging, albeit upside down out of mockery, in her personal hideout. This would be a storefront used bookstore named the Depository that has secret chambers hidden, naturally, behind a bookcase.

Baalborn87

Quote from: Urbanzorro on January 29, 2014, 08:31:08 PM
Now to begin considering how best to make an evil character who sings...... In all seriousness I'm interested.

A brief look found me this http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_Manipulation

Quote from: Foxy Oni on January 30, 2014, 01:18:49 AM
Okey doke, I'm throwing my hat into the ring...

"Normal" Name: Elizabeth "Bess" Bodley
"Normal" Appearance: Bess Bodley is a brunette in her mid-thirties who stands 5' 4" and weighs 123 pounds. Her measurements are 34C-23-35.

Sexuality: Pansexual
Personality: Snooty and Snobby Intellectual
Villain Name: The Librarian (frequently combines with an alliterative adjective such as Lovely, Lethal, Larcenous, etc.)
Villain Appearance: She dresses like... a librarian. Granted it's a sexy librarian. The glasses are an affectation, her vision is fine. When she channels a character, she will frequently take on an aspect of their appearance, like suddenly manifesting a deerstalker cap and a cloak when using Sherlock Holmes' abilities or gaining scars like Frankenstein's Monster.

Powers: The Librarian can gain the abilities of any literary character by quoting the book they're from. She is most well-versed in classic English literature so that's what she taps into the most often. So she can be as analytical as Sherlock Holmes, as good a shot as Robin Hood, as strong as Frankenstein's Monster, as alluring as She, etc. Her powers are basically psionic in nature, she taps into the world's collective consciousness to gain the abilities of well-known fictional beings.
Special Equipment (& function): An extensive library. She can also gain the equipment of the character she is channeling.
Weakness: As she has to quote as work for her powers to work, she has to have passages memorized. She also is limited to one character at a time and being silenced somehow will prevent her from being able to say quotes. She can channel the abilities of a particular character up to sixty minutes or what she would call a "story hour." And she can't "check out" the same source again until the next day.
Nemesis: The Reactionary, a gung ho American hero quite angry at the crimes some smarty-pants limey is pulling in the good ol' US of A.
Brief Bio: Bess Bodley was a mousy librarian who lived a quiet life until the day she was bonked on the head with a very large copy of the Oxford English Dictionary. Once she regained consciousness she found that she could acquire the abilities of literary characters. With such power Bess became much more confident as well as much more nefarious. And thus she became the Librarian, bodacious bookworm gone bad.
Crime that gained you entrance to the League: Stealing the rough draft of the Declaration of Independence from the Library of Congress.

Better than I imagined....Though the League headquarters has a reasonable sized library, you each have access to personal tablet linked to a supercomputer which can find almost anything that has been put online, copyright piracy be damned!

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Baalborn87 on January 30, 2014, 05:55:16 AM
Better than I imagined....Though the League headquarters has a reasonable sized library, you each have access to personal tablet linked to a supercomputer which can find almost anything that has been put online, copyright piracy be damned!

A tablet? That's blasphemy to the Librarian! She's strictly old school.

Glad you like her. I'll probably polish her up a bit and flesh out her background more.

Urbanzorro

Ok, here's my idea, hope you like it.

"Normal" Name: Esteban Escalante
Normal Appearance

Esteban is six feet tall, he has no scars or other distinguishing marks to mar his features. He normally dresses in expensive suits or other attire that allows him to illustrate his 'class'. Despite his age, and thanks to his access to gene-altering technology, his body strongly muscled and easily looks as if he is in the prime of his life rather than approaching middle age.
Sexuality: Hetero
Personality: Esteban is a man of intelligence, skill, and great wealth. And he knows it, as a result of this he often has an attitude in tune with his feelings of superiority to others. He can be arrogant, uncaring, and downright cruel. He rarely loses his temper but is prone to intense violence when he does.
Villan Name: El Careta (The Mask)
Villain Apperance:
When he enters the field Esteban continues to wear his suits and ties, though the ones he wears when committing crimes are designed from a much more rugged material allowing them to avoid falling apart when in rigorous situations. In addition to this Esteban wears a mask for the purpose of insuring his identity remains a secret.
Powers: El Careta was not born with any super powers in the traditional sense. Instead his abilities stem from genetic modifications that he has had administered to himself in addition to equipment and tools he has available to him by virtue of his money and influence.
Increased Muscle Density: The efficiency of the muscles of his body have been increased significantly, this translates into allowing him to jump higher, run faster, and fight harder than should be possible for a normal human being. This grants him superior abilities to those of a non-super powered human being but doesn't translate abilities on par with someone who posses super speed or super strength.
Hyper-Elastic Leg Musculature: The elastic abilities of his leg muscles have been more than doubled allowing him to jump unnaturally high. This allows him to jump to heights of one or two stories(depending on GM's thoughts).
Increased Adrenaline Surge: His body's ability to produce adrenaline has been nearly tripled, allowing him drastically increased stamina, the ability to push his body harder than should be possible, and a much greater resistance to non-catastrophic wounds. For instance, a bullet to the head will still kill him, but it will take a high number of rounds to the chest/shoulders to put him down. 
Heightened Sensory Response: His active senses have been increased, allowing him to hear, and see with greater accuracy than normal humans.
Chameleonic Skin: He has the ability to change his basic skin color allowing him to appear to be a different ethnicity, this does not allow him to change shape or blend in with his environment, and is only useful for misdirection. For instance, authorities in one country are convinced he is a white man, while in others he is believed to be black, Asian, etc.
Special Equipment (& function): El Careta's effectiveness is primarily through the use of his tools an equipment in support of his physical abilities.
Protective Vest: When expecting a fight El Careta will often wear a prototype bulletproof vest for added protection. The vest itself is extremely light and thin, allowing it to fit under his suit without becoming noticeable.
Guns: El Careta is skilled in the use of most firearms, normally he carries a custom made pistol which he can equip with a suppressor when needed.
Assorted Grenades: He also carries a number of smoke, stun, and fragmentation grenades for use against larger groups of targets.
Holographic Projector: He possess a small prototype holographic projector, the device allows him to project an illusion himself, within a limited area, which can easily fool the eye. He uses it to aid in making a quick escape, or setting up an ambush by making it appear as if he is standing or moving somewhere while he is actually waiting in the shadows or moving in another direction.
Henchmen: Perhaps his most useful tools are his henchmen. These men are armed with top of the line weapons and are fanatically loyal to him, to the point of being more than willing to lay down their lives for his cause and follow any order without question. He often brings henchmen along to act as support and protection for himself.
Weakness: For all his tools and increased abilities Esteban is still just a man. As a result things that would kill normal men will also be likely to kill him. Though it may take a bit more of such things than it would for a normal man.
Nemesis: The Detectives are two former police officers turned vigilante heroes after they each developed powers and realized they'd be able to do more good outside of the police department then from within it. Their names are unknown. The male detective has super strength while the female detective possesses telekinetic abilities.
Brief Bio: Esteban was born to a rich and powerful man. His father was the leader of one of the largest criminal organizations operating out of Mexico. This organization was involved in drug dealing, weapons trafficking, and even human trafficking. Once Esteban came of age, he used his father's wealth to create a legitimate corporation to serve as a front for his family's business. Eventually his company, Escalante Industries, became a hugely successful corporation with interests in shipping, manufacturing, and even research and development. As the presence of super heroes came to be more and more common Esteban, who had himself tested for such abilities only to discover he was lacking in any naturally occurring ones, saw to the kidnapping of a young woman who had been blessed with super intelligence. He then forced her to develop genetic technology that would allow Esteban to close the gap between himself(along with this men) and the rapidly growing number of super heroes in the world.
Crime that gained you entrance to the League: Successful theft and sale of files revealing the identities of several governments' best deep cover agents.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Baalborn87

Like it. He's in. I forgot to mention that the current technology level is more or less the same as it is in "our" universe.
But looking at the bio. I see no reason that your "assistant" couldn't have developed a thing or two.

Also the Henchmen. Whilst I have no problem with you having a network of lackeys. Entry to the Hideout is strictly invite only for security reasons, menial duties are carried out by purpose built droids. The henchmen will have to remain at your personal hideout until summoned for one of your "exploits".

Urbanzorro

I just wanted a reason for his powers other than "born that way" if you want I can change it, also I've no problem with that, I mean that henchmen to basically be bullet sponges/convinent walls for him to duck behind, etc.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tydorei

chaoslord29

Posting interest.

I'm thinking either evil energy manipulator (Yellow Lantern) or else a nietzschean augmented human.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Neysha

"Normal" Name: Ashley Blais
"Normal" Appearance:
Sexuality: Bi Male Preference
Personality: Extremely laid back and casual. Her main motivations are due to boredom and having a strong libertarian streak. She's often described as an action junkie. Despite this, she is rather deferent in discussions with others, often believing in 'Harmony' and 'Clarity' over disagreements, thus making her more of a follower then a leader when it groups. On a personal level, she possess a sarcastic and dark, even dry humor about things, and can often act both passive-aggressive, whimsical, and self deprecating which helps calms and eases her nerves. She also suffers from mild depression during periods of inacitivity, often engaging in the acts she does as a form of validation of her own sense of worth.
Villain Name: Tremor... Vibrator
Villain Appearance:
Powers: She has no superpowers.
Special Equipment (& function): Ashley considers herself a 'self made' supervillain in that the Tremor Battlesuit she designed is her own creation, which is partially true. In truth, she basically took other peoples ideas and used her own impressive abilities as a gearhead and seamstress to create the suit out of stolen technology and materials. The Tremor Battlesuit is made up of several laminated layers of lightweight flexible armored fabric interwoven with reinforced nanotubing that is both resistant against kinetic weaponry and impacts, as well as resistant to flames and temperature extremes. The suit also possesses advanced optics itself and various features including jump and fall assists, a utility belt and various personal weapons.
Tremor part of the name comes from the vibration based energy shield that is constantly emitted from the suit. Similar to ‘The Shockers’ weapon and suit her own vibro-blasters are not quite as powerful or versatile and instead work in two basic modes. A wide beam shockwave and a narrow, focused beam shaped blast for longer ranges.  The other ability of this ‘field’ is that it can deflect all manners of small caliber bullets, dissipate low concentrations of energy or thermal discharges and help slow or deflect kinetic impacts as well as high resistance to sonic, shock and concussion based weapons or powers.
   It is important not to overestimate her suits defenses however. She’s capable of deflecting small arms with a fair amount of reliability which decreases with the heavier ordinance expended upon her. Same with dealing with punches. Human beings of normal skill or strength will find it extremely hard to land a blow on her, even a glancing one, but those that are skilled or more readily, strong enough can penetrate her field with proportional ease. Same with higher power energy based attacks. Her suit increases her survivability, but does not make her invincible.
Weakness: Self confidence issues. Passive nature depending on circumstances. Lack of conviction.
Nemesis: Eleuthera and Damashi, a female duo of heroines. The former is a Golden Age WW2 hero wannabe, the latter is a minimalist martial arts master, both have proven equally capable of kicking her butt together or individually. The former dubbed her with the name 'Vibrator.'
Brief Bio: Ashley describes herself as a self made supervillain, which isn't quite the truth. Growing up in rural Arkansas, Ashley was denied the opportunity to develop her natural ability and talent with all things mechanical but it wasn't completely wasted. She spent most of her childhood fidgeting with farm equipment and other odds and ends she found in the county but never was able to translate her talent into academic success. She did a stint in the National Guard as a mechanic and used that to pay her way to an associates degree and various technical certifications.

But military life alone wasn't satisfying for her. She hated the fact she was doing grunt work and feeling unappreciated like she always had. Despising her place in life and blaming the military, she intentionally leaked information to various terrorist organizations about sensitive security issues at her current military base in exchange for cash payouts. The raid was successful and Ashley was exfiltrated by one of the terrorist organizations, only to be taken prisoner and put to work as a laboratory technician, developing and refining weapons for the group.

Within a few months of work, she was able to create her Tremor battlesuit. Within minutes of donning it, she declared her independence from that organization soonafter in an exceptionally violent manner. Ashley had never killed another person before that day face to face. She found it surprisingly easy to do, both literally and emotionally.

Having declared her independence, she pursued the only career option open to her that also allowed her the independence that she sought even though ultimately, she knew she was a ‘follower’ more then a leader herself. She became a part time mercenary, part time thief, part time tinkerer and full time supervillain and hasn’t regretted it since.

Crime that gained you entrance to the League:
A long and proud history of lesser and greater felonies, most typically pertaining to robbery, espionage, use of weapons, and various violent felonies up to and including murder.
My Request Thread

Baalborn87

Quote from: Blinkin on January 31, 2014, 02:41:27 PM
For a moment, I thought this group ws "League of evil Ducks." which made me quack up. ;)

Quote from: Neysha on January 31, 2014, 01:34:07 PM
"Normal" Name: Ashley Blais
"Normal" Appearance:
Sexuality: Bi Male Preference
Personality: Extremely laid back and casual. Her main motivations are due to boredom and having a strong libertarian streak. She's often described as an action junkie. Despite this, she is rather deferent in discussions with others, often believing in 'Harmony' and 'Clarity' over disagreements, thus making her more of a follower then a leader when it groups. On a personal level, she possess a sarcastic and dark, even dry humor about things, and can often act both passive-aggressive, whimsical, and self deprecating which helps calms and eases her nerves. She also suffers from mild depression during periods of inacitivity, often engaging in the acts she does as a form of validation of her own sense of worth.
Villain Name: Tremor... Vibrator
Villain Appearance:
Powers: She has no superpowers.
Special Equipment (& function): Ashley considers herself a 'self made' supervillain in that the Tremor Battlesuit she designed is her own creation, which is partially true. In truth, she basically took other peoples ideas and used her own impressive abilities as a gearhead and seamstress to create the suit out of stolen technology and materials. The Tremor Battlesuit is made up of several laminated layers of lightweight flexible armored fabric interwoven with reinforced nanotubing that is both resistant against kinetic weaponry and impacts, as well as resistant to flames and temperature extremes. The suit also possesses advanced optics itself and various features including jump and fall assists, a utility belt and various personal weapons.
Tremor part of the name comes from the vibration based energy shield that is constantly emitted from the suit. Similar to ‘The Shockers’ weapon and suit her own vibro-blasters are not quite as powerful or versatile and instead work in two basic modes. A wide beam shockwave and a narrow, focused repulsor blast, based on stolen Stark tech. The other ability of this ‘field’ is that it can deflect all manners of small caliber bullets, dissipate low concentrations of energy or thermal discharges and help slow or deflect kinetic impacts as well as high resistance to sonic, shock and concussion based weapons or powers.
   It is important not to overestimate her suits defenses however. She’s capable of deflecting small arms with a fair amount of reliability which decreases with the heavier ordinance expended upon her. Same with dealing with punches. Human beings of normal skill or strength will find it extremely hard to land a blow on her, even a glancing one, but those that are skilled or more readily, strong enough can penetrate her field with proportional ease. Same with higher power energy based attacks. Her suit increases her survivability, but does not make her invincible.
Weakness: Self confidence issues. Passive nature depending on circumstances. Lack of conviction.
Nemesis: Eleuthera and Damashi, a female duo of heroines. The former is a Golden Age WW2 hero wannabe, the latter is a minimalist martial arts master, both have proven equally capable of kicking her butt together or individually. The former dubbed her with the name 'Vibrator.'
Brief Bio: Ashley describes herself as a self made supervillain, which isn't quite the truth. Growing up in rural Arkansas, Ashley was denied the opportunity to develop her natural ability and talent with all things mechanical but it wasn't completely wasted. She spent most of her childhood fidgeting with farm equipment and other odds and ends she found in the county but never was able to translate her talent into academic success. She did a stint in the National Guard as a mechanic and used that to pay her way to an associates degree and various technical certifications.

But military life alone wasn't satisfying for her. She hated the fact she was doing grunt work and feeling unappreciated like she always had. Despising her place in life and blaming the military, she intentionally leaked information to various terrorist organizations about sensitive security issues at her current military base in exchange for cash payouts. The raid was successful and Ashley was exfiltrated by one of the terrorist organizations, only to be taken prisoner and put to work as a laboratory technician, developing and refining weapons for the group.

Within a few months of work, she was able to create her Tremor battlesuit. Within minutes of donning it, she declared her independence from that organization soonafter in an exceptionally violent manner. Ashley had never killed another person before that day face to face. She found it surprisingly easy to do, both literally and emotionally.

Having declared her independence, she pursued the only career option open to her that also allowed her the independence that she sought even though ultimately, she knew she was a ‘follower’ more then a leader herself. She became a part time mercenary, part time thief, part time tinkerer and full time supervillain and hasn’t regretted it since.

Crime that gained you entrance to the League:
A long and proud history of lesser and greater felonies, most typically pertaining to robbery, espionage, use of weapons, and various violent felonies up to and including murder.

Looks good. She's in.

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 30, 2014, 08:05:44 PM
Posting interest.

I'm thinking either evil energy manipulator (Yellow Lantern) or else a  augmented human.

The first one sounds fine.....You may have to explain nietzschean to me.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Baalborn87 on January 31, 2014, 04:16:37 PM
[img]
The first one sounds fine.....You may have to explain nietzschean to me.

Nietzsche is the guy who coined the concept of the 'Superior Man' or 'Superman'. Literally, Superman is named for the nietzschean idealist philosophy of a better human being (A mentality twisted by various eugenics extremists, including the Nazis). My idea is more along the lines of the Augments from Star Trek with a touch of Vandal Savage thrown in.

I think I'm liking the energy manipulator though as it happens. I think I'll make them a little maniacal, and I'm tempted to make their weakness having to 'drain' said negative emotion in order to do anything more than basic power projection. So, Sinestro plus Parasite.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Baalborn87

sounds good.

also if you would prefer a different name for the group. I'm open to ideas

Foxy DeVille

I like "League of Evil." Since we're going against guys melodramatic enough call themselves the Invincible Guardians, it seems appropriate.

Eclectic

Hey! Very interesting sounding game.  I'll definitely make some tea and get some ideas brewing.

Edit:
Alright here's a rough concept I've come up with, I tired to go with an "anti-villain" theme, someone with ostensibly good goals but decidedly evil methods.

"Normal" Name: Hannah West
"Normal" Appearance: Hannah appears as a typical young girl, with straight blonde hair and a cheerful smile.  Her outfits vary like anyone else's but she usually can be seen in jeans and a t-shirt.

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Normally very friendly and even empathetic.  She truly cares about making the world a better place, and healing the wounds inflicted by the evils of the world.  Of course, since she sees evil in just about everyone she has very few friends.  Hannah has a soft spot for young children, as they generally lack the developed "shadows" of the typical adult.  She also holds a  certain respect for the openly villainous, considering them simply more honest than everyone else. Despite the often violent results of her crimes, Hannah takes no joy in them.  She doesn't feel any responsibility for the actions of others, maintaining that if they were good people she could never have made them do anything.
Villainous Name: Shadow
Villainous Appearance: Shadow's costume isn't particularly complex, after all she can make the weak-willed see her however she wants.  The pitch black hooded sweatshirt serves more as a tool for herself, allowing Hannah to separate herself from her shadow.

Powers: Hannah West is a telepath, able to read the thoughts and emotions of others.  More important is her ability to draw out these emotions, particularly the darker ones.  Hannah calls these unconscious urges "shadows", from the Jungian theories that have shaped her outlook.  Most of Hannah's crimes involve drawing out suppressed unconscious urges to force others to commit horrendous acts.  Besides this primary use of her power Hannah is capable of simply reading a person's thoughts and emotions, as well as implanting images and messages (although no one could mistake these as being their own thoughts.)  She typically avoids direct confrontation, but when forced to do so she often utilizes hallucinations to disguise her appearance or location.
Special Equipment (and function): Sound dampening headphones, listening to the thoughts of those around her is like having a second set of ears, she finds it much easier to concentrate when she can't hear all the mundane vocal conversations around her.
Weakness: Unable to read or control anyone in physical contact with her.  Hannah is unable to use her powers against herself, and anyone in direct contact with her is rendered similarly immune.
Nemesis: The "Knight Errant", a painfully obvious example of wish fulfillment.  The "Knight Errant" was once a scrawny outcast; sitting alone at lunch, reading fantasy novels and dreaming of the day when he could take revenge on his personal bullies.  His dreams soon became a reality when his powers developed.  With incredible strength and speed he attempts to emulate his chivalrous fantasy of medieval knights.  Frankly Hannah finds him boring.  His motives are simple to deduce even without her powers, and he approaches every problem with his fists.  However his simple-nature has led him to foil Hannah on at least two occasions, as he has yet to develop any particularly dark urges for her to manipulate.  On the other hand, he has twice allowed Hannah to escape because he is unwilling to use violence against women.
Brief Bio: Born and raised in Michigan, Hannah was always a girl with secrets.  Her father was an abusive drunk, and her mother turned his violence against Hannah to feel powerful.  The beatings were never severe, at least not enough to alert authorities, but as the years went on they slowly escalated.  When Hannah was 16 her powers began to manifest, she had always enjoyed figuring people out, "reading" them in a sense.  But soon it became clearer and clearer what they thought and felt, and despite all the complexity of human emotion Hannah always found something dark, some shadow in their mind.

On a night like many others, as she sat in her room listening to her parents shout at eachother, waiting for the blame to inevitably shift towards her, Hannah finally reached out and released the shadows.  The shouts turned to screams, the screams to blows, and Hannah sat in her room smiling as her parents killed eachother in the kitchen.  It was the psychologist she was assigned by foster care that first showed her the works of Carl Jung, particularly his theory of the shadow: an unconscious aspect of the mind which a person does not acknowledge.  This is where she drew her moniker from: Shadow.  She decided that only when all the evil in the world had been brought into the light, only when people were forced to see what they didn't want to see, only then could things be made right.

Crime that gained you entrance to the league: Drew out the darkest desires of a U.S. Senator, causing him to murder his wife and attempt to flee with his mistress.

Cold Heritage

Nothing to see here!
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Foxy DeVille

Kdyami

If theres still room I'd like to throw my hat in.  I'm thinking animal imitation/manipulation.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Baalborn87

All this interest is awesome, thanks guys (and girls).

I'll give it a day then start a dedicated character thread for you to put your polished characters in.

Cold Heritage I see no problem with similar characters. It could provide some interesting bouts of showboating (I was born with powers where as you bought yours, And my lackey could kick your lackeys arse. And the like). But I'd suggest PMing Urban Zorro so you can get a agreed balance.

Kydami. The more the merrier.