Zettai Ryouiki & the Temple of Tentacles: The Reboot (Pathfinder, recruiting)

Started by Autocad, October 01, 2017, 12:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Just to clarify, the existing game won't be restarted. It's about the CR of future encounters for the current and any potential new thread.

Petrus02

hi there, are you still looking for players? if so, what classes would you be looking for?

Blinkin

I'm not the GM, but I would tell you the same thing I've told people for more than 30 years, "We need whatever you want to play." :)

One of the questions that I have the hardest time with is when someone asks, "What do you need?" Because the answer is almost always the one class that everyone hates to play. If you're not happy with the character you select, you're not going to enjoy playing said character. So, offer what you want and maybe it'll be just what the GM is looking for without knowing it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Sethala

Well, I might be up for making a character.  Personally I'd really prefer the APL +2 or +4 options (preferably +2, maybe increasing as we go if the tentacles can't seem to win).

Image I'm thinking of: https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3322555

Thinking I'll play her as an oracle or sorcerer (though I might like some input on good spells to get for either of those).

Kathyan

I had totally forgot about this since it had been such a long time. I'm still in if this starts though, but will it?

Also I agree with Sethala on the APL thing. :)

Snake

Autocad

*brushes off the dust*

*turns on the backup power generator*

*flips the light switch*

WE'RE BACK BABY!

I am looking to continue the original game and/or start split paths to accommodate more players. If you are interested in joining, whether you are an original player or new applicant, please post your interest here.

What you can expect in terms of difficulty: encounters will start off challenging with CR at around APL +2. If you win without tentacle sex, the CR will increase steadily until fun times happen. After which the CR will drop a bit and the cycle repeats.

After tentacle fun times, the tentacles go away (possibly leaving some parting gifts) and you don't lose your characters. Unless you really want to lose them to a bad end, of course.

Original game threads:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276903.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276902.25

Sye

Interesting and something I have never played or experienced. Will plant and interest flag lol

Sethala

Reposting my earlier interest post...

Well, I might be up for making a character.  Personally I'd really prefer the APL +2 or +4 options (preferably +2, maybe increasing as we go if the tentacles can't seem to win).

Image I'm thinking of: https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3322555

Thinking I'll play her as an oracle or sorcerer (though I might like some input on good spells to get for either of those).

Petrus02

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Autocad

Glad to see interest!

For those who haven't yet, now's the time to create characters.

Snake

I'm interested, but should i keep my "impossible to grapple" char or make a new one instead? I'd like to try to make a new one personally

Sye

You mention average health, so do we not roll dice for how then? Also what is everyone's classes?

Sethala

Since the art for our characters is a bit more strict (sometimes hard to find good zettai ryouki pics), could I get a yes/no on my chosen art?  It'll kinda determine what kind of character I'll make.

Petrus02

@Autocad, could you please say yes/no to the following image?
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2328436

I'd like to go unchained Monk,unless you say it belongs to banned/already claimed/useless classes or you want a class in particualr for your game(just state so please if you do, i think i found nothing of the like)

Lady Edith says: Bonus question: may i take the original crane style? i know its broken in specialized builds, but many tantacled monsters have multiple attacks, dimishing the value of it in this game, and they nerfed it to uselessness :-/

current wording:
Benefit: When fighting defensively with at least one hand free, you gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against melee attacks. If a melee attack misses you by 4 or less, you lose this dodge bonus until the beginning of your next turn.

If you using the total defense action instead, you can deflect one melee attack that would normally hit you. An attack so deflected deals no damage and has no other effect (instead treat it as a miss). You do not expend an action when using this feat, but you must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.

original wording:
Benefit: Once per round while using Crane Style, when you have at least one hand free and are either fighting defensively or using the total defense action, you can deflect one melee weapon attack that would normally hit you. You expend no action to deflect the attack, but you must be aware of it and not flat-footed. An attack so deflected deals no damage to you.

source:https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/crane-wing-combat/

Lady Edith further says: I finished the sheet, just have to write the background thats already roughly laid out in my head. i built her under the asumption that the original crane style is not allowed. If it is, i will change some feats and the skillfrocus, but thats about it.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1584694

background is in the sheet, as few as it is right now. i'll work on that for a bit more soon

rikka

Stating my interest in this.  I have a character almost done, just want to know if this pic okay.  Otherwise will make changes.

https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/0/08/Setta.png
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Autocad

Quote from: Snake on May 14, 2018, 01:26:57 PMI'm interested, but should i keep my "impossible to grapple" char or make a new one instead? I'd like to try to make a new one personally
Up to you whether you want to keep your char or make a new one.

Quote from: Saika on May 14, 2018, 09:19:32 PMYou mention average health, so do we not roll dice for how then?
Average health works like this:
Max HP at first level
HD/2 at even levels
HD/2+1 at odd levels
For example, d8 HD with no Con modifiers would look like this: 8, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 4 for a total of 57 HP.

Quote from: Sethala on May 14, 2018, 11:16:07 PM
Since the art for our characters is a bit more strict (sometimes hard to find good zettai ryouki pics), could I get a yes/no on my chosen art?  It'll kinda determine what kind of character I'll make.
Yes, also yes to everyone who has submitted art so far.

Quote from: Petrus02 on May 15, 2018, 05:43:35 AM
I'd like to go unchained Monk...
Unchained Monk is fine, but stick to the latest wording of Crane Wing.

Snake

Outfit

Name: Syra
Race: Half-elf
Class: Unchained Rogue 3/Blood Arcanist 9
Traits: Magical Knack (Arcanist); Elven Reflexes (+2 Initiative); Carefully Hidden (+1 will; +2 vs divination); Magical Lineage (Vanish)
Racial Benefits: Elven Immunities; Ancestral Arms (Wakazashi); Keen Senses; Low-Light Vision; Elf Blood; Multitalented
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Infernal, Dwarven (Forgot to add them; half-elves by default get the first two then the others based on their Int mod)

HD: 3d8+9d6+36 (85 hp)
Feats: Fast Learner, Weapon Finesse; Two-Weapon Fighting; Quick Draw; Quicken Spell; Additional Traits; Dodge; Weapon Focus (Wakazashi)

Stats: Str: 8 (-1); Dex: 24 (+7); Con: 14 (+2); Int: 18 (+4); Wis: 12 (+1); Cha: 16 (+3)

Saves: +7/+14/+10 (+2 Vs Enchantment and Divination)
Attacks: Duel-Wield: +12/+12/+7 to hit (1d6+7; 15-20/x2); Normal Attack: +14/+9 to hit: 1d6+7; 15-20/x2; Spell Attacks: +13 to hit
AC: 19 (10+ 7 Dex+1 Dodge + 1 Deflection +1 Nat AC)

Skills: Acrobatics +22; Bluff +18; Disable Device +22; Escape Artist +22; Knowledge (Arcana) +19; Perception +18; Sense Motive +16; Sleight of Hand +20; Spellcraft +15

Class Abilities:
Finesse Training (Free Weapon Finesse and Dex-to-damage for Wakazashi)
Sneak Attack +2d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Danger Sense +1
Rogue Talent: Weapon Training/Focus: Wakazashi
Arcanist Caster (Level 11; Psychic caster; (Inf/5/5/5/5/3 per day); (9/5/5/4/3/2 Prepared; DC: 14+spell lvl)
Arcane Reservoir (14 points)
Cantrips/Knacks
Consume Spells
Bloodline: Psychic
--Powers: Psychic Strike (30'; DC: 18 Will or take 1d6+5+Shaken; 6/day)
               Mental Resistance (+4 vs Mind-affecting effects)
               Undercasting Prodigy (Automatically gain highest level of Undercast-possible spells like Mind Thrust I, Ego Whip I etc)
Arcane Exploits: School Understanding (Admixture; 5/day change element of spell on the fly); Dimensional Slide (Teleport 110' max as move action; uses up 1 Arcane point; counts as 5' Step); Metamixing (Add known metamagic to spell on fly without using longer casting time, uses 1 AP)

Equipment: 2x Keen Adamantine Wakazashi; Darkleaf Studded Leather Armor+5; Ring of Protection+1; Collar of Natural Armor +1; Cloak of Resistance+1; Belt of Incredible Dexterity+6; Headband of Mental Might +2(or whatever; it gives me +2 Int and Cha);

Normally Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Detect magic, Light, Spark, Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Mending, Prestidigitation, Daze, Resistance
1st-Lvl: Shield, Grease, Floating Disc, Vanish, Magic Weapon
2nd-Lvl: Resist Energy, Glitterdust, Frigid Touch, Mirror Image, Spider Climb
3rd-Lvl: Ice Spears, Battering Blast, Fireball, Fly
4th-Lvl: Greater Infernal Healing, Summon Monster IV, Resilient Sphere
5th-Lvl: Vampiric Shadow Shield, Acidic Spray

Sye

Quote from: Snake on May 15, 2018, 12:55:26 PM
(I love the idea of this, but my god finding good zettai ryouiki pics is a tough thing to do when you're picky. I can't find the look I'm seeking. Trying to avoid the overly school-girl ish looks)

I'd only hope to do a combination for appearance and outfit..

Appearance

Outfit

Character

Name: Syra
Race: Half-elf
Class: Unchained Rogue 3/Blood Arcanist 9
Traits: Magical Knack (Arcanist); Elven Reflexes (+2 Initiative); Carefully Hidden (+1 will; +2 vs divination); Magical Lineage (Vanish)
Racial Benefits: Elven Immunities; Ancestral Arms (Wakazashi); Keen Senses; Low-Light Vision; Elf Blood; Multitalented

HD: 3d8+9d6+36 (85 hp)
Feats: Fast Learner, Weapon Finesse; Two-Weapon Fighting; Quick Draw; Quicken Spell; Additional Traits; Dodge; Weapon Focus (Wakazashi)

Stats: Str: 8 (-1); Dex: 24 (+7); Con: 14 (+2); Int: 18 (+4); Wis: 12 (+1); Cha: 16 (+3)

Saves: +7/+14/+10 (+2 Vs Enchantment and Divination)
Attacks: Duel-Wield: +12/+12/+7 to hit (1d6+7; 15-20/x2); Normal Attack: +14/+9 to hit: 1d6+7; 15-20/x2; Spell Attacks: +13 to hit
AC: 18 (10+ 6 Dex+1 Dodge + 1 Deflection +1 Nat AC)

Skills: Acrobatics +22; Bluff +18; Disable Device +22; Escape Artist +22; Knowledge (Arcana) +19; Perception +18; Sense Motive +16; Sleight of Hand +20; Spellcraft +15

Class Abilities:
Finesse Training (Free Weapon Finesse and Dex-to-damage for Wakazashi)
Sneak Attack +2d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Danger Sense +1
Rogue Talent: Weapon Training/Focus: Wakazashi
Arcanist Caster (Level 11; Psychic caster; (Inf/5/5/5/5/3 per day); (9/5/5/4/3/2 Prepared; DC: 14+spell lvl)
Arcane Reservoir (14 points)
Cantrips/Knacks
Consume Spells
Bloodline: Psychic
--Powers: Psychic Strike (30'; DC: 18 Will or take 1d6+5+Shaken; 6/day)
               Mental Resistance (+4 vs Mind-affecting effects)
               Undercasting Prodigy (Automatically gain highest level of Undercast-possible spells like Mind Thrust I, Ego Whip I etc)
Arcane Exploits: School Understanding (Admixture; 5/day change element of spell on the fly); Dimensional Slide (Teleport 110' max as move action; uses up 1 Arcane point; counts as 5' Step); Metamixing (Add known metamagic to spell on fly without using longer casting time, uses 1 AP)

Equipment: 2x Keen Adamantine Wakazashi; Darkleaf Studded Leather Armor+5; Ring of Protection+1; Collar of Natural Armor +1; Cloak of Resistance+1; Belt of Incredible Dexterity+6; Headband of Mental Might +2(or whatever; it gives me +2 Int and Cha);

Normally Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Detect magic, Light, Spark, Mage Hand, Acid Splash, Mending, Prestidigitation, Daze, Resistance
1st-Lvl: Shield, Grease, Floating Disc, Vanish, Magic Weapon
2nd-Lvl: Resist Energy, Glitterdust, Frigid Touch, Mirror Image, Spider Climb
3rd-Lvl: Ice Spears, Battering Blast, Fireball, Fly
4th-Lvl: Greater Infernal Healing, Summon Monster IV, Resilient Sphere
5th-Lvl: Vampiric Shadow Shield, Acidic Spray

I know what you mean there. Finding a woman who looks older is difficult and right now I am torn between two.

Snake

Autocad

So this has been up for a while, I think it's fair to say that whoever's interested will have showed up by now.

The below players have submitted characters and will be accepted.

Blinkin (here's your old Laura Sunkissed sheet: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276156.msg13565711#msg13565711)
Kathyan (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276156.msg13929799#msg13929799)
Re Z L (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276156.msg13811691#msg13811691)
Petrus02 (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1584694)
Snake (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276156.msg14144725#msg14144725)

I will be resuming the IC thread soon, so if you still want to join but haven't submitted a character yet, now's the time to do so ASAP.

rikka

Setta
12-level Magus-Kensai, Human

Short Background:As an orphan and a street urchin at that, Setta had a harsh and dangerous life in the poorest and seedy part of town, having to go at it with rival street urchins and gangs just to have ends meet on a daily basis.  Eventually she joined a gang herself, seeing the benefits numbers brought.  The group was ambitious and decided to ply their criminal trade to the better districts of the city.  Things were looking up for Setta, ever since joining, but one day the band decided mugged the wrong person.  Suda Kin, a kensai master of some renown, took a little detour from the main thoroughfare and into waiting hands of Setta’s band.  The group was no match though against the deft swordsman and decided that robbing him wasn’t worth getting themselves maimed or worse.  All managed to flee, except for Setta, whom Suda caught.  Instead of handing her to the authorities or bestowing justice over her on the spot, the  master swordsman decided to take her under his care.  Why was that?  He saw something in little spunky, defiant girl that prompted him in intending to make her into his apprentice.

Their master-apprentice relation was difficult and tedious, but eventually, Setta gave in and saw the benefits of being a student under Master Kin.  In time, the two underwent many adventures and misadventures together, until they parted ways.  Armed with what she has learned, she planned to strike  a name for herself and that’s when she heard of a band of liked-clothed, female adventures like herself - who show some thighs below their skirts – out on a quest for a great, untold treasure that lies within a dubious ruin called of all things -  Temple of Tentacles.   In spite of her doubts, if a group of highly-skilled adventurers are after, then she’s in.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs