A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rancorius

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 09:53:59 PM
Possibly, but it'd still be vile, and so unhealable outside the conditions of healing vile damage.And when their vile nonlethal damage exceeds their HP, they're permanently unconscious - plenty of time to go fetch a Regen-beating weapon and CDG them.

I don't think it works that way, since vile damage is an entirely separate damage type from nonlethal damage. ^^;

Assuming it does, though, would it be appropriate to have it also be able to be healed in a Desecrated area, or one under the effects of an Unhallow spell, given the general lack of access devils and demons will have to the good-aligned versions of those spells?

Edit:
Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 09:53:59 PM
This isn't based on a specific first-party ruling (Wizards never addressed the issue at all, actually) - but every source I can find, include the professional cheesemongers at Brilliant Gameologists, agree that at best, it becomes Vile Nonlethal.

Ah.  See the above question, then.

Edit2: Hmm.  Though, doing some reading of my own, if electricity immunity can protect against a vile lightning bolt, then presumably nonlethal immunity will protect against vile nonlethal damage...

Eh, I'll replace my Augury SLA (that I got to replace my Alter Self SLA) with Desecrate anyway.  It's a good general buff for undead.

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, half-dragon half-minotaur half-fiend toad!

Anyways true Kunoichi, you got Con score thanks for not being undead specifically but undead alike :P.

Also I allow everyone take half-doppleganger to get alternative form but I press that the alternative form ability gives you only one form only. Incase if someone asks; if you take humanoid alternative form and have smut session with someone in here then do not ask what resulted baby would to be.....in general gist though two unique devils/unique demons offspring in turn becomes a unique creature also (in case of Asmodeus daugther; Glasya being born as unique devil).

Also yes, vile damage is nasty bugger and consider your CR 27 monsters you need to get healed in hallowed ground and so forth. So vs others who got vile dmg you know what you get into when you start to fight.

Also this game is indeed quite big for DnD newbie to pick up, a rather extreme so.

Anyways the game is about creating unique awesome monster and have fun epic level campaign with it. Also I will close the recruitment to 10 monsters (and hope somewhat egual numbers both to hell and abyss but it's not requirement).

Also regarding Thor vs 20 level wizard; That is PRIME reason why I limited caster stuff to max 10. Your CL can be 100 so far as I know but you can know/use spells only as max 10th level char. Spell-alike abilities are other matter entirely ofc.

Also the obrytih aura of madness is all giggle and fun and I approve the 'water phobia' aura :). Makes sense when facing ancient obyrith squid.

TheGlyphstone

Looks like I'm shelling out for a scroll of Hallow then, so I can have a safe 'home base' just-in-case. Less like a spa, and more like an emergency detox clinic, but them's the breaks.

QuoteAlso the obrytih aura of madness is all giggle and fun and I approve the 'water phobia' aura :). Makes sense when facing ancient obyrith squid.
And it's all liquids, too, not just water. Makes going to the tavern suck until you can score some healing magic to get rid of it.

rancorius

TheGlyphstone

minimum 4 levels, maximum 8 levels, of whatever you want.

EDIT: So not fair. I have 132,500 GP left to spend. A Starmantle Cloak costs...132,000 GP.

I might be able to justify it to myself if I drop Shadow Creature and thus lose Evasion...

who149

How much  gold do we start out with?

I'd look it up, but I'm not sure if you'd look it up by CR or Lvl.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

TheGlyphstone

who149

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 13, 2011, 02:58:25 AM
Also yes, vile damage is nasty bugger and consider your CR 27 monsters you need to get healed in hallowed ground and so forth. So vs others who got vile dmg you know what you get into when you start to fight.

Like I asked before, given that we're all evil characters, would it be alright for the spells Desecrate and Unhallow to work, as well?  Otherwise you get such silliness as secret sacred spots in Hell and the Abyss where fiends go to heal any vile damage they've taken...

Edit: Hmm.  I wonder if I should make Studmuffin the Water Monolith a half-doppelganger...?  Perhaps if I could make the alternate form also be unique, it might work from a thematic perspective. ^^;

SomeGuy

Should we get a character thread or something going to consolidate everything in one area?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 13, 2011, 02:58:25 AM

Also I allow everyone take half-doppleganger to get alternative form but I press that the alternative form ability gives you only one form only. Incase if someone asks; if you take humanoid alternative form and have smut session with someone in here then do not ask what resulted baby would to be.....in general gist though two unique devils/unique demons offspring in turn becomes a unique creature also (in case of Asmodeus daugther; Glasya being born as unique devil).

Well, looking closely at the Half-Doppelganger, it only gives 3 different forms anyway. And even then, only of a medium or small sized humanoid race.

Posting up the basics of my character soon, let me know if I messed up anything.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rancorius

how does CR and lvl abjustment work?

right now im at cr 5 and lvl 9

TheGlyphstone

LA is completely irrelevant here, we are working purely off CR.

Snake

Question adding a vampire template doesn't render yo undead. thus no weakness to sunlight correct?

ShadowFox89

Looking back through the sheets... Is Druth a good character to compare my guy against? Because my monster seems... Underwhelming for something that should be CR27 >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2011, 12:36:12 PM
Question adding a vampire template doesn't render yo undead. thus no weakness to sunlight correct?

You would still have the sunlight weakness, because that isn't a trait of Undead, it's a specific weakness of a Vampire.
Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 13, 2011, 12:43:22 PM

Looking back through the sheets... Is Druth a good character to compare my guy against? Because my monster seems... Underwhelming for something that should be CR27 >.>
Probably not. Someguy took the Paragon template, which is no-holds-barred the most OP template available in 3.X.

Does anyone see a reason why you couldn't have multiple bite attacks from different templates? We're allowed to flavor physical descriptions however we want.

rancorius

finally got to cr 19

half fiend cr 3, half dragon(red) cr 2, minotaur cr 0, amphibious cr 0, spellwapred cr 2, monster of legend cr 2, fire souled cr 1, mineral warrior cr 1, chameleon cr 1, poisonus cr 1, fire elemtal creature cr 2, half vampire cr 2, half troll cr 2

ShadowFox89

I think the best strategy for me would have been to pick a monster with high HD and low CR >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rancorius

that why i took the hlaf dragon minoutar combo

half dragon changes racial hit dice to d12

SomeGuy

Paragon is generally considered to be 20-30 LA.

Edit; It's one of the lower CR to LA ratios actually, but it still is 15 CR.

ShadowFox89

It gives you an effective +31 AC, not including actual armor or base dex >.>'

And Bob the Flayer is going to have less than 400hp. I get the distinct feeling he'll be hiding in the corner waiting for everyone to kill each other off.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rancorius

i was toying with the idea of either doing a fighter, monk, barbain, or duskblade/fighter

ShadowFox89

I'm gonna steal borrow Kunoichi's character sheet

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Bob, Shadow Unholy Scion Half-Doppelganger Ulitharid Illithid Savant of Legend
Size/Type: Large Outsider (extraplanar, evil)
Hit Dice: 12d8+8d4+160 (234)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 45ft
Armor Class: 35 (-1 Size, +6 Dex, +10 Natural, +10 Deflection)
Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+24
Attack: 2 Long Tentacles +24 (1d8+8)
Full Attack: 2 Long Tentacles +24 (1d8+8) and 4 Short Tentacles +24 (1d8+8)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft. (10ft with 2 long tentacles)
Special Attacks: Extract, Improved Grab, Mind Blast, Psionics, Familial Charm, Spell-Like Abilities, Unholy Strike
Special Qualities: Raging Blood, SR35, Telepathy 200ft, Cold Resistance 20, Fire Resistance 9, Acid Resistance 5, Electricity Resistance 5, 60ft Darkvision, Lowlight Vision, Shadow Blend, Evasion, Fast Heal 7, Immune to Fear, Mind-Affecting, Poison, and Polymorph, Acquire Skill (4), Lore 6/Day, Acquire Feat(4), Acquire Class Feature(2), Acquire SA or SQ(1)
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +20, Will +24
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 22, Con 26, Int 29, Wis 22, Cha 30
Skills:
Feats: Improved InitiativeB, MultiattackB, Improved Natural Attack, Darkstalker
Environment: --
Organization: --
Challenge Rating: 27
Equipment:

Yeah... Right now, Bob doesn't seem all that impressive. But Illithid Savant gives him room to grow. I'll never match anyone in straight up stats of course.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Okay, which of the following packages should I go with:

Shadow Blend, Evasion, and Fast Healing 2 (plus other random junk)
or
+6 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +6 Cha, +2 NA, Powerful Build, 2 claw attacks, another bite attack, and a DC34 Save vs. Paralysis on each of my 11-12 natural attacks?