Harry Potter and the Rise of the Light (AU, OCs and select Canons Wanted!)

Started by Rogue, August 03, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaia

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

kckolbe

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 05, 2013, 07:45:49 PM
Right. First thing to do as evil consultant, I will need an office with furnishings of the finest black Corynthian leather, and mahogany. Also, you will be billed by my dry cleaners (can't be evil without an appropriate suit, after all!).  8-)
That's what henchmen are for. *Nods.*

Yeah, like the guy in the 6,000 dollar suit is gonna do his own dry-cleaning.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rogue

Quote from: Miss Kaia on August 05, 2013, 07:49:27 PM
What is needed from me at this point?

*grins* Nothing really until I set up the character thread. Have you read through the rules to try to get an idea of them?

Kaia

*deer in the headlights* no?  *digs for the rules*

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Ember Star

Total flake out on the exact date here, would Luna be 16 or 17 currently? (Born between 1 September, 1980 and 2 May , 1981)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

This might help

Common woods that wands are made from, and birth months/days commonly associated with them.  Many wandmakers (including Ollivander), prefer to match wand woods with this table, so it is very common.  Other woods may be used. (Note: Dates are in m/d format)

Apple Tree: 6/25 - 7/4, 12/23 - 1/1
Ash: 5/25 - 6/3, 11/22 - 12/01
Beach Tree: 12/22
Birch: 6/24
Cedar: 8/14 - 8/23, 29/9 - 2/18
Chestnut: 5/15 - 5/24, 11/12-11/21
Cypress: 7/26 - 8/4, 1/25 - 2/3
Elm: 7/15 - 7/25, 1/12 - 1/24
Fig: 6/14 - 6/23, 12/12 - 12/21
Fir: 7/5 - 7/14, 1/2 - 1/11
Hazelnut: 3/22 - 3/31, 9/24 - 10/3
Hornbeam: 6/4 - 6/13, 12/2 - 12/11
Lime: 9/3 - 9/12, 3/1 - 3/10
Maple: 4/11/ - 4/20/, 10/14/ - 10/23
Mountain Ash: 4/1 - 4/10, 10/4 - 10/13
Oak: 3/21
Olive: 9/23
Pine: 8/24 - 9/2, 2/19 - 2/29
Poplar: 2/4 - 2/8, 8/5 - 8/13
Walnut: 4/21 - 4/30, 10/24 - 11/11
Willow: 9/3 - 9/12, 3/1 - 3/10
Yew: 11/3 - 11/11

Descriptions of the magical properties of various wand woods can be found here http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Wand_woods

Intro Thread

Ember Star

Yeah, I know. I have a wealth of wand lore knowledge and links because of my OC who's the daughter of a wand maker. The birthdays don't actually pay that much towards the wand. The wands makes the wizard/witch, the wood has to match personality

Rogue

*grins* Thanks Kevin for taking over whilst I made dinner.

Rogue

My apologies. My girlfriend stole me away before I could finish the sheets and I was busy all morning. Will try to get them up sometime tonight. Will post again tonight with hopefully at least one example sheet.

Ember Star

not a problem. Although I do need an example or some help to fill in most of the stats at the bottom.

kckolbe

Here's an OC Death Eater that I am working on that you can use as an example:

Character Name: James Nott
Played By: kckolbe
Nationality: English
Blood Status: Half-blood
Former House: Hufflepuff
Description:  (In progress)
Personality:  (In progress)
Background: Ex-Chaser and briefly captain for Hufflepuff team, brought home the Quidditch Cup twice, once as Captain. 
Reason for Joining the Death Eaters: Vengeance against Muggles 
Wand: (In progress), Violent
Pet: None

Agility 3       Fly 1B
Athletics 3
Awareness 3      Notice 1B
Cunning 3      Strategy 1B
Deception 3
Endurance 3      
Fighting 2
Magic Expertise 3   Curses 2B
Magic Projection 4
Marksmanship 4      Ray 1B
Persuasion 3
Reflexes 3      Quickness 1B, Dodge 1B
Status 2
Stealth 2
Will 4

Classes:
Majors: 3
(Muggle Studies, Astronomy)
Minors: 2
(Potions, Herbology)
Others: 2
(Divination, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures)

Note that a char of this age will likely have more points, but just wanted to do a sample so you guys could see how points were assigned.  This char was built with 22 points in abilities and 8 points in specializations.

Intro Thread

Ember Star

so I get so many points and then spread them between the different factors?

kckolbe

Yes.  25 points for the abilities (listed as 2,3,4...etc), and 8 points for specializations (listed as 1B, 2B, etc)

Intro Thread

Rogue

Approved Character board is up. Don't count on my numbers being correct until KC double checks me. :) Hopefully will have Neville up sometime tomorrow as another example.

apygoos

how in the world would Harry's points be distributed?
also arent you missing DADA from classes?

kckolbe

DADA is an odd class, as it combines spellcasting with practical knowledge.  The spellcasting portion is covered under Magical Expertise, and the academic bit was fairly minor, not being worth an ability.

Intro Thread

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 07, 2013, 12:06:15 AM
how in the world would Harry's points be distributed?
also arent you missing DADA from classes?

We're going to be balancing characters a lot to make it fair to other players. See my Hermione sheet... which is fairly underpowered for her as she should have 5s in pretty much all her classes... and a higher magical projection as my girlfriend pointed out to me (via the examples of her Wards and her spells in general) at which point I had to tell her it was balanced Hermione.

If you'd like to collaborate with KC or I for assistance, I'll be glad to help.

Ember Star

I'll get Luna to you tomorrow. Meant to today but things delayed me

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on August 10, 2013, 01:38:03 AM
I'll get Luna to you tomorrow. Meant to today but things delayed me

That's fine. I've been delayed in getting Neville out there as well. >.<

Rogue

If anyone knows anyone who'd be interested in playing Draco or Ron please let me know either in here or via PM. I think we can get started as soon as we get character sheets from everyone, but I'd prefer to start with a Draco. To be completely honest, I can start without a Ron. Draco is one character I'm very interested in seeing played out. Ron I can NPC until we find someone interested in him. However, if anyone knows someone interested in Ron also let me or KC know. Thank you!

For those intending on playing OCs still! I will change the topic name when that's a go! But, if you guys also want to send in sheets for me/ask how many points your allotted go ahead. I'm only intending on the Canons being main for a couple of days in game time. So hopefully only a few weeks real time (maybe longer given real life events). So any preparations are appreciated. :)

Ember Star

I know somebody who might be interested in the group in general. Not sure who he'd want to play. But I sent him the link last night.

Ember Star

note though, I'm not sure if he's interested. This kind of AU isn't really his kinda thing. Not really mine either, usually. But the idea is very interesting and I like you. LOL. Plus, LUNA!

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on August 10, 2013, 01:37:39 PM
note though, I'm not sure if he's interested. This kind of AU isn't really his kinda thing. Not really mine either, usually. But the idea is very interesting and I like you. LOL. Plus, LUNA!

*laughs* Glad you're willing to take a chance on me Ember. :) Thanks for the forward though.