Spyro Reignited Trilogy: Thoughts?

Started by okintsukoro, March 02, 2019, 12:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okintsukoro

Seeing the updated gameplay and graphics of the Reignited Trilogy made me wonder if anyone else here would like to share their thoughts.

How do you think it compares to the older versions?
Any favorite redesigns?
If you've played the reignited trilogy, what's the part of the gameplay you like best?
Would you want to see other games under the Spyro name redone/remastered?

Lyron

It turns out that I liked Spyro far better as a kid. What seemed amazing to me back then seems simplistic to me now with the boring adult brain. At least in the first game, there wasn't a whole lot in the way of challenge--which is, of course, fair given the target demographic of the (original) trilogy. I started the second game earlier in the year but got sidetracked with other games.

The same boring adult brain also had me wanting to wag my finger at the little dragon. I could have sworn he was cooler back when I was a kid. I wonder why. ::)

I made the mistake of trading in the originals over a decade ago and haven't played them since, so I can't comment much on how I feel about the remake. That said, Spyro does seem to have taken to the updated graphics pretty well. My initial reaction to Crash wasn't quite as stellar. XD I will also say I vividly remembered the mooning that happens in the first game. It got a laugh out of me to see that they kept that in there.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Mathim

Quote from: okintsukoro on March 02, 2019, 12:37:08 AM
Seeing the updated gameplay and graphics of the Reignited Trilogy made me wonder if anyone else here would like to share their thoughts.

How do you think it compares to the older versions?
Any favorite redesigns?
If you've played the reignited trilogy, what's the part of the gameplay you like best?
Would you want to see other games under the Spyro name redone/remastered?

I love, love, LOVE how they added the ability to point to any missed gems to all three games instead of leaving it limited to the third game. All the updated character models are a lot more clear, sometimes I didn't even know something was supposed to look a certain way because it was so poorly animated before. I particularly like Elora(?) the faun from Ripto's Rage. I kinda wish she wasn't limited to only appearing in that one.

It's hard to tell what part of the gameplay that was remade, apart from how everything looks, that is a favorite. Nothing has really changed significantly enough to say it's changed the actual gameplay experience, although some of the things I just couldn't complete in the originals (the Yeti boxing) is now possible, as well as the first-person Agent 9 shooting sequences, so while I'm uncertain why those are easier now, it is nice for a completionist like myself to be able to actually have getting 100% be within the realm of possibility.

I'd kind of like the two next-gen games before the series was rebooted (Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail) would get the same Reignited Trilogy treatment. Same goes for the Wrath of Cortex getting the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy treatment.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).