[Shadowlight] Interest Check - A D&D 5E Dual Adventure

Started by Wispyr, January 28, 2017, 12:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

A heavy full metal gothic priestess would be badass for black hats  O8)

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 28, 2017, 08:48:49 PM
Well, I was thinking of assassin, but I can be flexible depending on what others are playing.  A cleric of an evil or chaotic god could be fun.   >:)
You're a black hat. I'm white. We can have one on each team. :P
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Hobbes1266

Are there still spots for this? Preferably black hat.

shmone else

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make that lovely looking hexmap? I know that mapping tools exist but I've never really played around with many, and it might be fun to get into it at some point.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: shmone else on January 28, 2017, 09:46:07 PM
Out of curiosity, what did you use to make that lovely looking hexmap? I know that mapping tools exist but I've never really played around with many, and it might be fun to get into it at some point.
Inkarnate is what was used.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MiraMirror on January 28, 2017, 09:09:35 PM
I don't see any evil monks yet! >:c

Well, if I end up in Black Hats I could make evil monk :). Or any class/race combo really.

ZameRagues

*Stranger appears and hugs Elysian before disappearing*

I was curious about the map maker as well. Thank you.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: ZameRagues on January 28, 2017, 10:30:02 PM
*Stranger appears and hugs Elysian before disappearing*

I was curious about the map maker as well. Thank you.
Quote from: shmone else on January 28, 2017, 10:43:25 PM
Thanks!
-gets random hugs- Ahhh! You're welcome, both of you. :)

Wispyr

Quote from: shmone else on January 28, 2017, 09:46:07 PM
Haha, well im glad that you like it, thank you!

For that map I used the website: http://inkarnate.com

I highly suggest their program. Im not as big a fan of this current iteration theyre using but they just changed to it, so theyre testing new tools.

Amarlo

I am withdrawing interest purely based on the fact there seems to be plenty of people interested, so I am happy to be unneeded. ::) That and my lack of internet situation will make creating a character for this a nightmare, me thinks. Hehe.

Have fun everyone! ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on January 28, 2017, 09:28:25 PM
Are there still spots for this? Preferably black hat.
There's always room for interest. The actual recruitment thread is being constructed currently. From that anyone can submit a concept and I'll be picking the 10 characters from that pool.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Wispyr on January 29, 2017, 02:25:24 AM
There's always room for interest. The actual recruitment thread is being constructed currently. From that anyone can submit a concept and I'll be picking the 10 characters from that pool.
Alright thank you. Is there anything we should keep in mind while we plan our character concepts? Specific rules that are being used, things about the setting, homebrewed options or should we wait entirely for the recruitment thread

Wispyr

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on January 29, 2017, 03:05:21 AM
Alright thank you. Is there anything we should keep in mind while we plan our character concepts? Specific rules that are being used, things about the setting, homebrewed options or should we wait entirely for the recruitment thread
While the setting itself is homebrewed, I won't likely be including many homebrew rule options - and any that are done so, will likely be done case-by-case as they pertain to individual characters that need them. We'll be using all current 5E source material provided that you have the information to use it.

Some things to think about though...

White Hats: What binds you to this cause? To what ends will you go to ensure that the cause is made a reality? What do you contribute to the group you're working with? What are you personally looking for? How does this arrangement benefit you? How did you get into this arrangement in the first place?
Black Hats: What are your goals and motivations? Why are you doing what you're doing with absolute disregard for anything else. Why are you willing to work as a team? What could bring you together with other people?

While some of these are vague and a bit random without the backing of the current story (which will be posted in recruitment), these are some of the top things you may want to start considering for your character. Start getting a feel for them and who they are and why they're doing what they are doing - whatever that happens to be. Then take the info in the (soon to be posted) recruitment thread and tailor your concept. Then we'll talk a bunch and flesh it out and go from there. :)

On the note of the recruitment thread... I am mostly done. I need to write concept guidelines, and what each group is doing yet. But I have most of the setting information done. So this will definately be posted tomorrow once I wake up. Once recruitment is up, I'll take setting questions and expand on the information I've provided as needed and as I see revealing being something that should be done. Some questions may need to be answered privately depending on character origins and what not.

Information in this game will be valuable, and everyone should remember that.  ::)

Now sleep for me. Recruitment to be completed in a few hours!

greenknight

Interest noted and waiting for the recruiting thread. FWIW, I'm considering an eldritch knight, or maybe a druid or druid/wizard, and can play him white or black. In the first case, I think he might follow another character (or more rightly, she leads him around) probably against his better judgment if they're black hats.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

VeronicaH

Phaia

I am interested in the white hat group. An arcane trickster/wizard combo!

Phaia

Wispyr

[Shadowlight] Recruitment

All further game discussion should be moved to the official recruitment thread. I have locked this thread as it will no longer be getting support.

Thank you, and see you all in game!