News:

Main Menu

Computer Characters

Started by Lilias, October 02, 2008, 08:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Question: Where do the characters go when I use my backspace or delete them on my PC?
Answer: The characters go to different places, depending on whom you ask.

The Catholic Church's approach to characters:
The nice characters go to Heaven, where they are bathed in the light of happiness. The naughty characters are punished for their sins. Naughty characters are those involved in the creation of naughty words, such as 'breast' and 'sex and contraception'.

The Buddhist explanation:
If a character has lived rightly, and its karma is good, then after it has been deleted it will be reincarnated as a different, higher character. Those funny characters above the numbers on your keyboard will become numbers, numbers will become letters, and lowercase letters will become uppercase.

The 20th-century bitter cynical nihilist explanation:
Who cares? It doesn't really matter if they're on the page, deleted, undeleted, underlined, etc. It's all the same.

The Mac user's explanation:
All the characters written on a PC and then deleted go straight to PC hell. If you're using a PC, you can probably see the deleted characters, because you're in PC hell too.

Stephen King's explanation:
Every time you hit the <Del> key you unleash a tiny monster inside the cursor, which tears the poor unsuspecting characters to shreds, drinks their blood, and then eats them, bones and all. Hah, hah, hah!

PETA's explanation:
You've been DELETING them??? Can't you hear them SCREAMING??? Why don't you go CLUB some BABY SEALS while wearing a MINK, you pig!!!
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Dawg

I love  that one every time I see it, thanks for bringing it back to the front of my lobes Lilias
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Maeven

*gigglefitsgigglefits*

Ha! I'd never seen this one before!

I send an AWFUL lot of naughty characters to be punished for their sins-- either that or PETA is going to be knocking on my door and tossing buckets of ink all over me pretty soon.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Paradox

(heh, buckets of ink Maeven)

I hadn't seen this before either. Thanks Lilias!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker