News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones Fantasy (5th DnD, custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, May 21, 2016, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

Is this a world where bards are more plentiful?  The world is full of entertainers... but not every entertainer is a bard.  I'm ready to try and impress.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Lyku on June 07, 2016, 06:11:09 PM
Is this a world where bards are more plentiful?  The world is full of entertainers... but not every entertainer is a bard.  I'm ready to try and impress.

Not that plentifull, but besides the PC there could be two hundred or so bards in the global sense.

Revelation

Question, Zaer. Are uncommon items just 500 GP or the base cost and an additional 500 GP? IE: Would plate armor +1 be 500 GP or 2,000 GP since plate costs 1,500 by itself?

Lyku

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Revelation

Aha, didn't know it was rare! I just noticed Locke's character had adamantite full at 500g, so I wasn't sure.

Lyku

Weapons and Shields are +1 (uncommon), +2 (rare), +3 (very rare), but armor is rare, very rare and legendary

Revelation

Doesn't matter too much, full plate is 1.5k base for me, so I can't buy too much in the way of magic items. :) If I buy it, that is. Which I may as well, it'd be the best protection I can get.

Lockepick

Adamantine Armor is an Uncommon item. I assumed it wasn't on top of the price of full plate -- but if I'm wrong -- let me know so I can correct it!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Revelation

That's all i'm trying to make sure of is all too! 500 GP is cheaper than 1,500, so getting other item's be nice. Not trying to make you sound like a bad guy! just trying to make sure i'm on the same page is all, my apologies!

Lyku

Depends.  Plate +1 is the same cost as regular plate, costing you 1500 gold for an account of 19... 21 if you have a shield.  You can  get splint and a +1 Shield for 20 ac and it costs you 700 gold.  You can then grabe a cloak of protection for 500 gold and you're at 21 ac and up a saving throw and it cost you 1200g, leaving you with each for a +1 sword or something else.

Locke, seems legit to me.  Only the dmv will know

Revelation

Hrmm, if only the DMV knows we might be here the rest of the afternoon.  :P

Lyku

Revelation

Quote from: Lyku on June 07, 2016, 09:20:24 PM
Depends.  Plate +1 is the same cost as regular plate, costing you 1500 gold for an account of 19... 21 if you have a shield.  You can  get splint and a +1 Shield for 20 ac and it costs you 700 gold.  You can then grabe a cloak of protection for 500 gold and you're at 21 ac and up a saving throw and it cost you 1200g, leaving you with each for a +1 sword or something else.

Locke, seems legit to me.  Only the dmv will know

For the rest of this though that's also a good point. I'll have to do the number crunching when i'm not as distracted by the D&D session i'm currently in. The idea behind my paladin is I want him to be pretty tough with sword and board and being in the thick of things with Sentinel feat.

Lyku

I did the crunching for a warrior build then went easy mode for a bard.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 07, 2016, 06:48:11 PM
Question, Zaer. Are uncommon items just 500 GP or the base cost and an additional 500 GP? IE: Would plate armor +1 be 500 GP or 2,000 GP since plate costs 1,500 by itself?

The cost of the magic item overwrites the regular cost of the mundane item in this scenario. So a rare +1 full plate costs a 1,000gp than 1,500gp or 2,500gp. So this case if you want enchanted full plate, it's cheaper to get it during char gen than go and buy it in-game. So adamantine full plate costs 500gp, reason for this is that I simplify things a lot in char gen in regards magic items (or otherwise exotic items as adamantine full plate is not magical but made from rare materials).

Relikai

Character Sheet will be attached in this post.

Name - Konayama Miyuki
Race - Human Variant
Class - Fighter(1) Paladin [Oath of the Ancients] (4) Warlock [Fey Pact] (1)

My character will still be relatively submissive due to her background as a slave throughout her youth in Essos, but trained as a fighter and taught the ways of the Forest before traveling to King's Landing upon hearing about a group of travelers whose actions could determine the fate of the world. She has naturally above average constitution, strength and dexterity from her training as a slave, and high Charisma stats due to how she carries herself as a former prostitute to the higher powers who control her life with gold. Her intelligence score is average, and suffers from low wisdom due to her submissive nature and previously broken mind.

Trained as a personal bodyguard and plaything by the merchants of Far East Essos, Miyuki was traded from merchant to merchant, her price ever increasing the further she was from Home. A kind master has pitifully imparted the ability for Miyuki to heal her own wounds through the faith of Nature. This obsession with Nature during her quiet hours would lead to a Fey visiting her in her dreams, telling her about a castle across the Sea. Initially confused, Miyuki realised that she has a brand on her left breastbone visible only by Magical Flames. It was the brand which the Children of the Forest carve into trees, the shape of a Face.

Fate would bring her to Meereen, where a rich Westerosi man dealt with her master in trade goods. However, to sweeten a potential trade contract, her Master offered Miyuki to the Westerosi merchant who accepted it on the spot. The trip back to King's Landing was harsh, but the merchant recognised something more in Miyuki. Having the deal settled was getting more out of the Essossian merchant, with Miyuki as a bonus. Deciding to let her go instead of being seen as a slave, the merchant passed her a seemingly useless belt and a sword, rewards for being exceptionally pleasing in bed, as well as some equipment so she won't be torn apart by a simple wolf or drunkard in the streets of King's Landing.

What she does - Tries to avoid being seen as a slave or a courtesan, an average fighter with healing capabilities. She's mostly silent, unwilling to speak up unless she reluctantly uses her body to convince someone to make a decision on the party's favour.

Detailed Character Sheet.

Konayama Miyuki
Human Variant Fighter 1 Paladin 4 Warlock 1 6 CN

AC  HP 51 Speed 30ft

Str 21 (5) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 9 (-1) Int 10 (0) Cha 16 (3)

Attacks
Longsword +1 +9 +6
Longsword +8 +5

Slave's Determination - Sex / Seduction

Fighting Style - Two Weapon Fighting
Fighting Style - Defence

Feats - Resilience (Dexterity)
Feats - Dual Wielding

Fighter -
Second Wind

Paladin (Oath of the Ancients) -
Lay on Hands (20)
Divine Sense (4)
Divine Smite
Divine Health

Warlock (Pact of the Fey) -
Fey Presence

Zaer Darkwail

She looks promising Relikai :). Just need find good pic for her (a mix of figther but also concubine/courtesan). Also what pact in mind? Tome, chain or blade for warlock side?

Relikai

That's how she'd look like originally.

I try not to give her too much metal, because while she's strong, she doesn't actually understand the magic from the belt. She'll be relying more on her Warlock abilities before the journey toughen her up martially, and she'll either go the Fighter or Paladin. This is not an extreme focus build, purely one that's for fun and RPing (My D&D group will impale me with such a set up).

She'll try to hide the fact that she's statistically a warrior type, although she does have Dual Wielder as a feat which means 2x Longswords to be drawn when backed into a corner.

Revelation

Hrm, with a sort of paladin role filled i'll have to get back to the drawing board on class, i'll have a backup character done a bit later.

Relikai

She could be one who takes up apprenticeship under you, gives us room to create backstory while other roles are yet to be filled

Revelation

That's a possibility! I just don't like doubling up on classes too much, and since you had already made a paladin I wouldn't want to lessen the characters identity with a second, I tend to prefer when characters can feel unique is all. But if you don't mind a second paladin I could do something like have him being a mentor.

Relikai

Of course. Treat my character as the one who leans more to nature, yours could be the full Paladin who finds her looking lost in King's Landing, and brings her to the gathering which was the direction of the Fey all along, but none of the characters know :p

Revelation

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=838119

Sheet so far, then! with 22 AC i'm intending for him to be one hell of a tough nut to crack. Anyway, sheet will be done later, getting dragged off to do something for a bit.

Relikai

Modified my char page. Good to have peeps to check for errors.