RECRUITING! Harry Potter - Next Gen - Beyond Hogwarts - Free Tacos for Dudes

Started by Red Offerings, April 29, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

Happy Monday to you all. I'm Red and my fellow conspirator is phoenyx! We're trying to get a feel for how many people would be truly interested in a Harry Potter - Next Generation (meaning the offspring of the original group and OC's) - BEYOND Hogwarts.

We've got a larger plot in the works, it will hopefully be completed tonight, but here's the setting:

It has been 28 years since the Second Wizard War and an uncertain shadow is beginning to creep once more into the wizarding word. Meanwhile...

The University of Dragonsclaw is the first of its kind. Now ten years old, the college was the first to question why a 17 year old witch or wizard was expected to know precisely what they wanted to do by the time they left the aging confines of magic schools like Hogwarts. Many wizards and witches graduate from such an institution with no clear path ahead of them and fall into some dismal career that neither serves their kind nor gives them happiness? Dragonsclaw University of Wizardry and Magic allows students to develop a mature grasp of the fine arts of magic. Students can take in depth, advanced classes that allow them to select majors and minors to specialize in AS they develop and fine tune their natural skills and understanding. In addition to advanced courses, the university has a network of affiliates within the actual Ministry of Magic which allows students that are interested in pursuing a career within the Ministry to perform an internship in their desired career field to gain real world experience that will allow them to truly choose an appropriate path for themselves.

So, while there is a school setting involved, it's a lot broader and free than the Hogwarts settings allow because students aren't strictly ushered from class to class and then sealed in their dorm rooms at night. This allows for some much more interesting things to happen -- read; sex, etc.

At the crux of this setting is a flowering evil whose plot will only evolve with time.

So, keep in mind that this was really just a rough synopsis and that we're really just trying to get some numbers to determine if this will be a large group or a small one. Comments and questions?

Here's a list of the Next-Generation characters that will be available. Of course you do NOT have to choose one of these, you may play an OC or if you wish to play more than one character you can play one of these AND an OC. Essentially these are original though because they were never specifically talked about more than in passing.

Harry Potter and Ginny (Weasley) Potter's Children
James Sirius Potter: [Available]
Albus Severus Potter: [Available]
Lily Luna Potter: [Taken]

Ron Weasley and Hermione (Granger) Weasley's Children
Rose Weasley: [Available, but being applied for]
Hugo Weasley: [Available]

Bill Weasley and Fleur (Delacour) Weasley's Children
Victoire Weasely: Quarter Veela: [Available]
Dominique Weasely: Quarter Veela: [Available]
Louis Weasley: Quarter Veela: [Available]

Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks' Children
Ted Lupin: Metamorphmagus: [Taken]

Rolf Scamander and Luna (Lovegood) Scamander's Children
Lorcan Scamander: [Available]
Lysander Scamander: [Available]

George Weasley and Angelina (Johnson) Weasely's Children
Fred Weasley: [Available]
Roxanne Weasley: [Available]

Percy and Audry Weasley's Children
Molly Weasley: [Available]
Lucy Weasley: [Available]

Draco Malfoy and Astoria (Greengrass) Malfoy's Children
Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy: [Taken]

Profile Skeleton: fill this out according to the choice of your character. The code is pretty basic, but you are welcome to refine it to your taste.

[color=colorofchoice][b]name:[/b][/color] (character name)
[color=colorofchoice][b]age:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]gender:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]race:[/b][/color]
[color=colorofchoice][b]Blood Status:[/b][/color] (Pure Blood, Half Blood, Muggle Born)
[color=colorofchoice][b]position:[/b][/color] (Student or Teacher)
[color=colorofchoice][b]Signature Spell:[/b][/color] (A spell your character is particularly proficient with, can include animagus form or other very rare traits)
[color=colorofchoice][b]Wand:[/b][/color] (Length/core/wood)
[color=colorofchoice][b]mirror, mirror on the wall:[/b][/color] (physical description here, may use picture along with description but it must be linked, not embedded)
[color=colorofchoice][b]in my heart of hearts:[/b][/color] (personality description, 2 paragraphs minimum, 4 max)
[color=colorofchoice][b]my dark past:[/b][/color] (character history, 2 paragraphs minimum, 5 max)

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Elf

Hiya, Red.

This sounds like it would be rather interesting, mark me as interested.

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 29, 2013, 05:16:06 PM
Hiya, Red.

This sounds like it would be rather interesting, mark me as interested.

Great Elf! ;) Got a post for you in our thread btw!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Elf

I will start thinking about a char and get in print if we get some more interest.

Dito

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 29, 2013, 06:16:36 PM
I will start thinking about a char and get in print if we get some more interest.

Dito

Yeah, if we get TWO more people I think we'll actually go with it. I'll have a profile skeleton and stuff. I use the same skeletons for all the RP's I run/help run so yeah.

Elf

Red Offerings

Updated with a list of characters that are offspring of the original group!

Red Offerings

Hmm, looking at that list, I think this is probably aiming to be a big group.

SapphireStar

Hi! I would love to join. If Rose Weasley is still available, I would like to play her and an original character as well.

Red Offerings

Quote from: SapphireStar on April 29, 2013, 07:00:37 PM
Hi! I would love to join. If Rose Weasley is still available, I would like to play her and an original character as well.

She's available! :) The only one that wasn't was Lily Luna Potter. Great, just oooooone more person. I'll probably end up providing the profile skeleton first and let people work on that and then get the ball rolling with the thread.

Caela

I'd definitely be interested in this setting, though I think I would probably make an OC instead of using the canon characters kids. Lets me have more fun playing with background. :)

Red Offerings

Quote from: Caela on April 29, 2013, 07:44:05 PM
I'd definitely be interested in this setting, though I think I would probably make an OC instead of using the canon characters kids. Lets me have more fun playing with background. :)

That'd be fine! :) Well that makes a total of five players, not too bad if I do say so myself. My partner in crime isn't on right now and she was working on the story. So what I'm going to go ahead and do is post the profile skeleton just to give you all something to do.

Red Offerings

Profile skeleton is up in the original post! You can post them here OR you can email them to myself.

Caela

Just a rough outline of what is in my head. I can tweak her as needed!

name: Astrid Henrietta Bishop

race: Witch

Blood Status: Pure Blood

position: Student

Signature Spell: Animagus

Wand: 11', Yew, Phoenix feather core

mirror, mirror on the wall:http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/caela_ecub/Blondes/ts2.jpg
Astrid stands at a petite 5'2 in her bare feet. She compensates for that with force of personality and a plethora of spiked heels to make herself seem taller. Golden hair falls in gentle waves to near the middle of her back and frames a kind and open face with dark green eyes framed by, naturally, sooty lashes that mascara always promises but never seems to give. With a straight nose and soft, kissable lips, she has what her mother always called, "classic beauty". Despite her petite stature there is nothing about Astrid that seems "short". Her body is in perfect proportion with toned legs, a firm behind, flat stomach and perky breasts just large enough to require a bra under most tops.

in my heart of hearts: Astrid is, mostly, a sweet girl with a love of learning and thirst for knowledge. She can get caught up in a new subject and lose track of the world around her almost entirely. When you can snap her away from her books, however, you find that she is friendly, open, chatty, and almost always ready for some form of entertainment. She'll help with practical jokes but only if she believes them to be funny, not cruel, and is one of the most loyal of friends you could ask for. What few people ever see is the temper she manages to hide behind her sunny exterior. It takes a lot to set it off, but if you harm someone she loves, she'll be patient, and dogmatic, in making sure you pay for it.

my dark past: Astrid's past isn't dark in the least. Born to a minor Witch family (both her parents worked as low level Clerks within the Ministry) she grew up with loving parents and there was no doubt that she would receive her letter and attend Hogwarts. From a young age she showed a propensity for transfiguration and potion-making, often able to improvise in either to dramatic effect so it was no surprise to her teachers (or her parents) when she became the youngest Ravenclaw in her class to learn to become an Animagus and one of the proudest moments of her her young life was when she was registered as a Sparrow.

Having excelled in her studies at Hogwarts, she still had no idea what she really wanted to do with her life and was thrilled that the University was an option for her. Her parents made it clear how thrilled they were as well since it was an option that hadn't been around when they were graduating themselves. It wasn't that either of them hated their jobs, but both felt that there might have been options for them that they never discovered because they didn't get the chance to study longer.

In her second year at the University now she's studying far more advanced forms of transfiguration than would ever have been taught at Hogwarts, higher levels of potion-making, and taking further lessons in Herbology as well, though the Herbology she studies is more to further her potion-making because she's found that she can improvise and create better, the better she knows the properties of the plants and minerals she's working with. In the back of her mind she has begin thinking that a future in medical potions might be fun to explore.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RainbowRian

Elf

Pencil me in for Ted Lupin I think I'll work up the CS in the morning.

Hey, Rian.

RainbowRian

phoenyx

awesome. Caela love the character... is that Taylor Swift I spy? *grins* good choice

sorry I've been MIA. got my tongue pierced yesterday and was busy avoiding the pain with the help of 100 proof Southern Comfort :P yeah, still hurts, but figured I'd better get some things accomplished today before diving back into the numb *chuckles*

so I will finish up sorting out the whole outline/guide/thingie and have Red look it over for fine tuning and polishing. I love the HP world, but I am no expert on it in the least lol
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Caela

Thnks Phoenyx, glad you like her...and you do spy correctly hehehe. TS just fit the look I wanted Astrid.

phoenyx

*chuckles* I have to agree, since I didn't look at the pic until after I read the Char Skel lol

there's a couple other things I've also added to the Charater Skeleton to more Tailor the story. I sent them to Red to add to her coding up there *vauguely points upward* but I'll PM them to you so you can add them in on the sheet you already got going.... also sent Red the full Outline I cobbled together and now to wait for this eve for her to come wandering in :P

O/O

Elf

phoenyx, do you think you could possibly send me the undated char skel as well? So that I can it all in the first shot as I may not the time in the evening to work on it.

Please & Thank you.

phoenyx

O/O

Elf

Caela

I'll update Astrid when I get home this evening and aren't typing on my phone! Lol

phoenyx

O/O

Elf

Here is my submission for Teddy Lupin, I did make a few changes from what I found on the wiki pages. For one thing I left out anything about romantic relations so things can develop in game.

name: Ted “Teddy” Remus Lupin
race: Human
Blood Status: Half Blood (grandfather was muggle born)
position: Teacher
Signature Spell: Metamorphmagus, Disapparate.
Wand: 11", Unicorn hair, Willow
mirror, mirror on the wall: Teddy It has been suggested that Teddy's natural hair color is black, however as the story also goes it changed to ginger within an hour of his birth. To this day even he does not know what it really is. He usually wears it short and prefers bright vibrant rather unnatural colors usually being a rich purple. His eyes also are of unknown original coloration also tending towards rare colors his favorite being violet. His body and facial features he normally keeps to what he was born to be, a nice blending of his parents, both being small framed. As such he is normally fair skinned rather thin young man standing 5'9”.
in my heart of hearts: For the most part Teddy is a happy fun loving person. He is very outgoing eager to meet new people and make new friends. He definitely has a sense of humor although some people will think it is a bit odd. Very little actually gets him down and he can usually be found with a friendly smile on his face.

While Teddy did not inherit his father's affliction of being a werewolf he does however suffer a drastic emotional change during the three days surrounding the full moon. He becomes moody and edgy with a short temper and prefers to just be left alone during this time. His hair coloration tends be black or very dark brown during this time as well.
my dark past: Teddy is the only child of Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin who both died when he was only a month old during the battle with Voldemort at Hogwarts. He was then raised by his maternal grandmother Andromeda Tonks with the help of his godfather Harry Potter. He was loved and had a happy childhood spending a lot of time with the Potter and Weasley families. As such he considers them and they him to simply be a part of those families.

Like most young witches and wizards Teddy had gotten a letter and started at Hogwarts when he was 11 years old. He did well in the school even becoming head boy in his seventh year.

After graduating from Hogwarts Harry gave him the Black house Number 12 Grimmauld Place as he had no other use for it. This is where Teddy lives to this day. Also after graduating he started an internship at the ministry as an auror working with his godfather, Harry Potter.

I will edit age once I know what it will actually be.

phoenyx

nice. well the time frame is 28 years after the Battle at Hogwarts. if that helps.

O/O

Elf

That should make him 28 than as he was a month old when his parents died in that battle. Which I would guess should make him a teacher, perhaps even one of the founders of the university.

Will edit that in.

phoenyx

O/O

Elf

Probably advanced teachings of "Defence against the dark arts"  maybe "Dark Arts taking the Offensive: pre-auror studies" but sex ed for the wizarding world might be fun lol

phoenyx

o.O >.< O.o hmmm now THAT could be VERY interesting *snickers*

he could always be a dual subject Teacher. I once had an Astronomy teach that also taught Ecconomics of all things lol

O/O

RainbowRian

I plan to try getting a character in directly after work. hopefully

Elf

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 12:41:18 PM
o.O >.< O.o hmmm now THAT could be VERY interesting *snickers*

he could always be a dual subject Teacher. I once had an Astronomy teach that also taught Ecconomics of all things lol

He could indeed. How about we go with the pre-auror studies and if there is a demand for the other he can teach that as well.

phoenyx

Ok... though I think the other should be a required Course Study for graduation *chuckles* only cuz it could lead to some really interesting posts.... *shrugs* just my warped sense of humour coming out ...

A'ight RR. when you can. Red won't probably be on for a couple few more hours anyway *grins*

O/O

Elf

Oh required course, that does sound interesting. Let's see what Red says on that subject. I'm perfectly happy making Teddy a dual study professor.
This of course would require some practical demonstrations and tests.

phoenyx

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 12:54:35 PM
<snip>
This of course would require some practical demonstrations and tests.
*falls over laughing hysterically* but of course *grins* i like you! you're my kinda warped *chuckles*

O/O

Elf

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 12:58:06 PM
*falls over laughing hysterically* but of course *grins* i like you! you're my kinda warped *chuckles*

Very glad to hear (read) that that. it certainly helps when a GM likes the players.

Warped, twisted, and perverted and I like that in other people as well.  >:)

phoenyx

pfft if a GM doesn't like the players, then they shouldn't be GMing :P

oooo i'm liking you more and more.... *chuckles at some ideas for game play*
but yeah, it's nice when you find mirrors to your own special crazy *grins*

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: Caela on April 30, 2013, 07:40:28 AM
Thnks Phoenyx, glad you like her...and you do spy correctly hehehe. TS just fit the look I wanted Astrid.

Hey Caela! Love the character too! phoenyx brought to my attention that we needed a more appropriate profile skeleton, so added what she wanted. Take a peek and add the stuff to your profile as necessary!

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 01:21:26 AM
Pencil me in for Ted Lupin I think I'll work up the CS in the morning.

Hey, Rian.

Will do Elf!

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

OKAY! I just got home from work. I like everyones profile so far.

Elf - while I don't mind Ted being an instructor, we're not really going to be RPing out the classes, it's just for information really. I think if he teaches two classes that would be fine though. Maybe some scenes would be taking place in a class, but RP's that try to have actual class time in them usually flop.

ALSO, I added the updated skeleton.

phoenyx

*arms clasped behind back, looksing innocently to the sky*
oh i dunno, people might get into the sex ed classes

*giggles and runs before Red kills me*

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 05:17:38 PM
*arms clasped behind back, looksing innocently to the sky*
oh i dunno, people might get into the sex ed classes

*giggles and runs before Red kills me*

::)  Doooood, the school is in Holland, 20KM from Amsterdam, there's gonna be enough sex to go around! LOL.

phoenyx

*blinks* it is?

*snickers* let me go prod someone then, that's his home turf *chuckles*

O/O

Red Offerings

LOL I thought that would allow for some more interesting scenarios of the adult type.

phoenyx

the fact that it's a college allows for more interesting senerios of the adult type *chuckles*

O/O

Red Offerings

True! But not enough for the male persuasion anyways. I don't know any other snausages, just Elf and Koekje, but he's never on anymore.

Red Offerings

TACOS FOR THE GUYS~ I'M NO LIAR.  ;D

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

phoenyx

I have Kutseena's Profile done, but waititng to see what kinds of characters the others come up with...

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

not at all... just waiting to see if we get the right person needed otherwise i'll redo Kutseena

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

I'm having a hard time choosing Lily's picture. The pic you didn't choose looks closest to the chick who played Ginny Weasley in the movies. But...hmmm.

phoenyx

O/O

Elf

I'm glad you like the char, Red.

mmm Love tacos

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 05:13:38 PM
Elf - while I don't mind Ted being an instructor, we're not really going to be RPing out the classes, it's just for information really. I think if he teaches two classes that would be fine though. Maybe some scenes would be taking place in a class, but RP's that try to have actual class time in them usually flop.

I know, still thought it might be a fun idea. In truth though was only mentioned originally just as a Smart Ass comment.

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 06:58:06 PM
hmmm....

I'm gonna use Isla Fisher, since she fits the bill better. I'll use Sarah Coffey another time. ;D

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 06:58:20 PM
I'm glad you like the char, Red.

mmm Love tacos

I know, still thought it might be a fun idea. In truth though was only mentioned originally just as a Smart Ass comment.

It works one way or the other!

Elf

Why don't we go ahead with the dual studies, it just amuses me to have the title of professor of sex. lol

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

No sex ed!  ::) It's college for crying out loud. You two are hopeless. Lol.

phoenyx

yeah and? I had a sex ed class in college was rather interesting to find what states have sex acts that are against the law....

O/O

Red Offerings

Elf

*pouts* Okay, Fine! no sex ed, You sure know how to take the fun out things though, Red. Party pooper.  :P

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 07:30:04 PM
*pouts* Okay, Fine! no sex ed, You sure know how to take the fun out things though, Red. Party pooper.  :P

Just call me, Birth Control Lady. :D

Red Offerings

Actually, if you really want a class like that, perhaps something like a sexual history and philosophy class would be entertaining enough.

phoenyx

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 07:29:21 PM
Haha, sex trivia is the BEST!
Yeah like the state that has a law against sex with a virgin.... um... excuse me? but how do you consumate the marriage then??? o.O

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 07:35:48 PM
Actually, if you really want a class like that, perhaps something like a sexual history and philosophy class would be entertaining enough.
ooo now that could be interesting... not to mention fun to explore... applied lessons behind closed doors *looks innocent*

O/O

Caela

Red Offerings

name: Lily Luna Potter
Blood Status: Pure Blood
Signature Spell: Expecto Patronum - Lily's is a winged mare.
Wand: 10 and ¾ inch Willow with a unicorn tail hair at its core.
mirror, mirror on the wall: Taking a little after her Weasley side of her family tree, Lily has medium length, red hair. While growing up she did have a fine spray of freckles across her nose and cheeks, but as she had gotten older, and much to her elation they have faded. She stands at 5'7'' and weighs approximately 120lbs.
in my heart of hearts:

Friendly – I have a lot of different kinds of friends and I love spending time with all of them even if I have to do it at different times. Not all of my friends get along together and belong to different social cliques. I wish it wasn’t like this because I think people could be a lot happier if they didn’t worry about rubbish like social status. This is especially true now that I am an adult. I associate with whomever I please and however I please and no one is going to tell me to do otherwise.

Blunt – This is something that I guess I get from my mother. I always say what is on my mind. If I might say something that could hurt someone else’s feelings I do try to find a way of saying it so as not to wound them. I don’t know about you but I think people would do better if they knew that truth. It might not always be the nicest thing to hear but you can’t grow without knowing what needs to change. I do admit though, sometimes my tendency to be frank has gotten people mad at me. I have had more than one row over voicing my opinion and it wouldn’t be the first time I was called opinionated instead of blunt.

Brave – Or courageous? Foolhardy? I’ve heard all of those things. I know I have some guts. It wouldn’t do to be a scaredy-cat who constantly said things that might get herself into trouble would it? My father says I’m a lot like his mum because I don’t mind one bit telling a bully off. I don’t understand why bullies are what they are anyways. What’s with all of this pureblood, half-blood, mudblood junk anyways? It’s just another excuse to be a bully if you ask my opinion.

Brash – Another one of those “B” words for me! I admit it, while at Hogwarts I received at least one Howler a year for flapping my gums when I supposedly ought to have stayed quiet.

Stylish! – I'm afraid this is something of a vice at this point in my life. I know my parents would have liked to see me grow out of my obsession with muggle fashion. Didn't happen. Yes, I'm a self-admitted shop-a-holic and if you don't like it you can bite it. I'll leave it to you to guess just what it is.

my dark past: So I was born in September which is also during my favorite time of year. I’m basically the baby of the family and the only girl too. My mom was also the only girl and she said she was glad in a way because it made her tough. I have to agree with her sentiment though because after growing up with my two older brothers, I feel as though I can outwit and confound just about any man I come into contact with.

When I was really small I didn’t notice all of the attention my mum and dad got whenever we were out and about. But when I got older I realized that a lot of people just seemed to stare at us. That’s around the time that Mum fessed up about dad and what had happened when he was just a baby with You-Know-Who. She also told me about You-Know-Who’s return and how all of Hogwarts had to fight him and his Death Eaters off. She said Dad was amazing with how he faced You-Know-Who. After I heard the story, I understood why Dad got so much attention. He never has seemed to like it but at first I have to admit that I thought it was pretty neat. Then, after a while I saw why he didn’t like it because sometimes those scheming reporters from the Daily Prophet will post some random story about my dad. Most of the time they’re full of lies. I've only ever just wanted to be me and have never let my father's life dictate how I should be in my own.

I can’t complain about my childhood though. I have a huge extended family and I have always loved my Grandmother Molly and Papa Arthur. Growing up, my family had many get-togethers and I think we were all pretty tightly knit. One of the most enormously entertaining things was being confused with my cousins from the Weasley side of the family. People were often quick to assume the direct relation simply because of my red hair. Silly.

Caela

OMG, you are all terrible!!!! Now I'm reading all the postings I missed while working and am laughing so damned hard my ribs hurt!!!

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 07:44:16 PM
Yeah like the state that has a law against sex with a virgin.... um... excuse me? but how do you consumate the marriage then??? o.O

ooo now that could be interesting... not to mention fun to explore... applied lessons behind closed doors *looks innocent*

LOL wow seriously? What state is that?

I know Colorado has a law that if you are a guy driving with a girl who has her shoes off in your car, you can be made to get married.

Elf

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 07:34:34 PM
Just call me, Birth Control Lady. :D

Part of the class would of course be on using magic to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs

Red Offerings

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 07:55:18 PM
Part of the class would of course be on using magic to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs

LOL, nice.

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on April 30, 2013, 07:47:20 PM
OMG, you are all terrible!!!! Now I'm reading all the postings I missed while working and am laughing so damned hard my ribs hurt!!!

laughing's good for you *nodnods* hehehe

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 07:48:19 PM
LOL wow seriously? What state is that?

I know Colorado has a law that if you are a guy driving with a girl who has her shoes off in your car, you can be made to get married.

Ummm I really can't remember, one of those Mid West states up by Canada...
California's got a law where oral sex is against the law.
Couple states have Necrophilia against the law... really? you had to put that on the books?!
so yeah it was a very interesting course. also where I learned why Native Americans went so wild on the fire water. apparently they're missing an enzyme in their liver to properly assimilate alcohol... so see a sex ed class could be informative... and in college to boot *grins*

O/O

Rave

Hey all<3 talked with Red a few, and I'm just gonna leave this here...

name: Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy.

race: Human.

Blood Status: Pureblood.

position: Student.

Signature Spell: Serpensortia / Parseltongue

Wand: 12 1/2 Inches, Phoenix Feather core, Yew wood.

mirror, mirror on the wall: https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3246431815/e9cab590a49c275ec4366b68312803f1.jpeg

Standing at 6'1, he's considerably taller than his father was at his age. From his mother's side, his father always speculated. His eyes are crystal blue, and his body is toned and muscular. His back and arms are covered with one, large Tattoo. (See here: http://24.media.tumblr.com/c036d07875791e4b2d01ed7ade696163/tumblr_mj78sgcDBw1s7bi7oo1_500.jpg)

in my heart of hearts: Due to a reputation that followed him pretty much wherever he went, Scorpius has always been thrown in the spot light. Though many wish for such stardom, the kind that Scorpius received was not what most would desire, and that is why he finds himself now unable to attach to someone or something for very long. Scorpius is arrogant and playful, known for his talent to toy with people and manipulate them. He's broken more hearts than he can count, and yet people still gravitate towards him. He walks a thin line between being a snarky, yet still lovable friend to an outright asshole. It all depends on who he's interacting with. He's friendly enough to the people he finds intelligent, and flirty enough to the people he finds attractive. With him, it's definitely proceed with caution.

my dark past: His father's name is rather infamous, and being called a traitor and an asshole throughout his life didn't do too well for Scorpius' self esteem as a child. The followers of the dark lord called him and his family weak, traitors for failing the dark lord. All the others called them scum, horrible for taking the side of such an evil wizard. The boy couldn't really catch a break, but didn't turn into a sheltered little weakling like so many others. Instead, he molded himself to become unscathed by such comments. If someone made fun of him, he'd make fun back and turn the crowd to his side. If they tried to beat him with physicality, he triumphed over them. If they tried to use magic, he out preformed them. With that mindset, he became better than all his peers growing up and gathered what people would call an entourage. People followed him because no one seemed to be able to bring Scorpius down. To himself, he promised to become better than both his parents and the people that beat them down, the Potters. Whether he falls on the side of good...or becomes better than his family at manipulating the dark arts, is still unknown to him.

RainbowRian

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Rave

RainbowRian

RainbowRian

Elf

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 08:11:10 PM
Because men like tacos?
Oh, yes, we definitely like food and sex, make them pink tacos and you'll REALLY get our attention.

phoenyx

yes RR it is *smiles*

Quote from: RainbowRian on April 30, 2013, 08:13:24 PM
I'm not too keen on the tacos.. I do like sausages though ;)
ahh a man after my own heart... we should talk and compair sometime *chuckles* or just do some sight seeing *grins*

O/O

RainbowRian

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 08:14:53 PM
Oh, yes, we definitely like food and sex, make them pink tacos and you'll REALLY get our attention.

SOME of us. xD

RainbowRian

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 08:15:58 PM
yes RR it is *smiles*
ahh a man after my own heart... we should talk and compair sometime *chuckles* or just do some sight seeing *grins*
I do enjoy looking at sausages :D  Speaking of I need to make my Character.  No one against a man who likes men correct?

Rave

Red Offerings

Quote from: Rave on April 30, 2013, 08:18:21 PM
I dunno man, Pink Tacos would win me over pretty quickly.

LOL

Quote from: RainbowRian on April 30, 2013, 08:17:56 PM
I do enjoy looking at sausages :D  Speaking of I need to make my Character.  No one against a man who likes men correct?

No sweat.

phoenyx

hahaha and nope men who like men are a lot of fun i've found *grins* they make the best Faerie Godparents and Aunties too *chuckles*

Quote from: Rave on April 30, 2013, 08:18:21 PM
I dunno man, Pink Tacos would win me over pretty quickly.
*chuckles* think I'll stick with sausage... but that's just me... sausage DEFINITELY satisfies better than pink tacos :P

O/O

RainbowRian

Awesome.  Now to find that skeleton.

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 08:27:36 PM
hahaha and nope men who like men are a lot of fun i've found *grins* they make the best Faerie Godparents and Aunties too *chuckles*

Haha its because we are fabulous.

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

RainbowRian

Rave

phoenyx

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 08:32:35 PM
Oh! Additionally, Lily's profile is on Page 3.
I know everyone's posted them up here, but should we make a Profi thread for easy referance?

O/O

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Yeah, I think you definitely have to be over 25. You're not just a teacher, you're a college instructor, that usually means you have a masters, PhD, or doctorate.

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 08:34:34 PM
I know everyone's posted them up here, but should we make a Profi thread for easy referance?

Yeaaah if you want I can make one. :B

Elf

I've got no problem with it as long as you can respect my preference for the pink taco.

phoenyx

*nods* thought this is a strange new experimental project that's been going for 10 years now lol

if you wish dear.

O/O

RainbowRian

Quote from: Elf on April 30, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
I've got no problem with it as long as you can respect my preference for the pink taco.

Totally respected.

Elf

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

phoenyx

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 09:01:05 PM
Light sex?
ACK! wait? What? there's such a thing? *blinks*

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: Rave on April 30, 2013, 09:06:18 PM
Are you offering? >>;

LOL I meant for the actual RP threads.  >:)

Quote from: phoenyx on April 30, 2013, 09:07:38 PM
ACK! wait? What? there's such a thing? *blinks*

Sunday afternoons?

Rave

Red Offerings

phoenyx

*chuckles* uh huh... not for me I'm usually too tired after working all day... nothing like living in a Touron Town....

O/O

Rave

You can always just star-fish and let him do all the work, he won't care. Lmao.

Red Offerings

Caela

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 30, 2013, 09:01:05 PM
Light sex?

Might think about the Bondage boards, if only to open up the mischief the students/teachers can get into when they (inevitably) combine magic and sex!

Red Offerings

Quote from: Caela on April 30, 2013, 09:28:48 PM
Might think about the Bondage boards, if only to open up the mischief the students/teachers can get into when they (inevitably) combine magic and sex!

Aah! Hm, true!

Red Offerings

This is also what it's like when I have to try to explain things to the lawyers.

Keaton

Red Offerings

Alright, it's been fun. Tomorrow I will put the respective threads up and we'll be able to begin role play. I will probably put it in Light Sex for now and then as phoenyx suggested, we can always relocate it if necessary.

I'll catch you laterrrr. Bye for now!

phoenyx

O/O

RainbowRian

Name:  Thomas Quenton McGonagall (Qwen)
Sexuality: Homosexual
Race: Witch
Blood Status: Pureblood Position: Student/Teacher
Signature Spell: Firestorm & Minerva’s Spell, Animagus: Snow owl
Wand: 9.5 In, Fir, Dragon heartstring
Mirror, mirror on the wall:  A handsome man.  Swimmer's build, 6'2" 185lbs
Thomas tries to work out and has a bit of muscle.  He has dirty blonde hair and brown eyes.
Thomas
In my heart of hearts:
Thomas is the kind of guy that takes life as it comes.  He is a bit of an earthy type. He and his aunt have very similar characteristics.  He likes to stay cool and collected and has been known to step up and take control.  He is a natural leader and enjoys art, and learning as well as teaching. 

When confronted with danger Thomas does everything he can to protect those around him.  He has a particular proclivity for the Firestorm spell and a spell named from his aunt Minerva McGonagall.  His calm earthy demeanor is what caused him to choose a snow owl for his animagus due to its representation of wisdom. 

my dark past:
With a mother that died during childbirth, Thomas Quenton McGonagall was raised by his father Malcolm.  His aunt played a large part in him growing up and she taught him as she never had her younger brothers.  Most of her time spent cleaning up their childhood mistakes.  All of the time spent with his Aunt caused him to “Grow Up” early in life and he always had a knack for learning.

Originally his plan was to try to teach at 22 but when his father went missing it hindered him.  For a few years afterward he trained and became an auror, but decided he would pursue his true passion and after he turned 25 he aspired to become a teacher so that he could spread his knowledge to other students and become as great as his aunt. 

What do you think?

phoenyx

i like.... and he's a McGonagall too *grins* oh and cute *snickers*

ugh I wanna post my Chars, but.... pfft. I'll edit if we don't get the right char to show up *grins*

name: Kutseena and Inali Sia
race: Native American (Comanche)
Blood Status: Half Blood
Signature Spell: Her: Apparition and Variants / Him: Fire Whip
Wand: Her: Rowan/Coyote Fur/Seven and a quarter inches / Him: Hawthorne/Kit Fox Fur/Seven and a quarter inches

mirror, mirror on the wall: Kutseena stands at about five foot five inches, and weighs in at a whopping one hundred and twenty-one pounds. She dresses in Traditional Native American style outfits of both sexes and dependent on mood. Any jewelry she wears will be of Native American design, and will usually have blue turquoise in it as well. Yes, she wears the Eagle feathers too and the blue stripe under her eyes.

Inali stands at about five foot eleven inches and weighs in about roughly one hundred and forty-nine pounds. Like his twin sister, he tends to dress in Native American Traditional clothes, though he sticks to the male versions. He too wears the feather, and his hair is long. Any jewelery he wears will also be in Native American design.

in their heart of hearts: At first Kutseena and Inali are quiet and reserved. Outwardly they seems stand offish and haughty. This is actually far from the truth for either of them. Amongst their people though, when they first meet strangers they adopt a stoic stance and what many call a “Stone Face” expression. They are watching and gauging the new people and learning what they can about them. After all, in the past, the Pale Faces have never dealt fairly with The People.

Both have sharp quick minds. If she’s interested enough, she can excel amazingly well in a subject. If she’s not interested, she usually doesn’t bother beyond being able to pass. A major frustration to some of her Instructors. Unlike his Twin, Inali, whether he likes a subject or not, will excel at it. Coming from a Race of people that had to be hyper aware of their surroundings in order to survive, they are also very observant and very little misses their notice, especially when they are together.

Once Kutseena decides you are friend though, the person will quickly learn that she smiles often, and has a sharp humour. While they don’t laugh often, when they do one can tell it comes from the gut. She’s been known for a practical joke now and again, nothing that will cause harm or put one in danger, but still can be rather embarrassing or painful to the one receiving it. Among their People, a practical joke is a test of Character and how well you can laugh at yourself. Inali usually takes a bit longer than Kutseena to warm up to people, and his smile seems more condescending then her open one. Like he knows some private joke he has no intentions of sharing. He’s more than happy to join her in any practical jokes and vice versa, though his practical jokes can be a bit darker than hers, usually resulting in some minor harm, nothing permanent, or deadly, rest assured. Both are Bisexual.

their dark past: Kutseena and Inali come from a Pure Blood Mother and a Muggle Father, thus making them Half Bloods, though they are full blooded Comanche. Their Father holds a mundane Muggle job as the CEO of the Tribe’s gambling casinos, while their Mother is the Medicine Woman and Shaman of the Tribe on the Reservation.

At a young age thier Magic manifested with the ability of Animal Speak. They can understand and converse with any animal, four footed, winged, or crawling. This does not include swimmers or bugs though. It was no surprise when Kutseena and Inali got their Letters of Acceptance to the Salem Witches Institute. Both their parents were proud, and their Mother fully expected Kutseena to follow in her footsteps to become the next Medicine Woman, and Inali to become the next Shaman. With the opening of Dragonclaw ten years ago though, it wasn’t going to happen. While at Salem Witches Institute, Kutseena learned of the Apparition Spell and was rather good at it. She practiced it long and hard to perfect it, and then moved on to a variant of the Spell that allowed her to transport others. She sees the Spell as handy for all manner of things. While Inali found the Fire Whip Spell. Seeing a practical use both Offensively as well as Defensively, he has mastered this Spell with some interesting results.

Their Father supports them in their choices and is happy for his children to spread their wings by going to Dragonclaw and seeing what they could become. It is a wonderful opportunity, and a way for them to become something more than their parents. Their Mother on the other hand is not so supportive, after all her family has been the Wise Ones of the Tribe for hundreds of generations. It was good enough for them, it is good enough for Kutseena and Inali. Needless to say, Mother and Children are a bit estranged.

Both parents are a bit worried about the stirrings that has been heard about from across the Pond. While Voldemort and his Terror didn’t really touch the Wizarding Community in the Americas, The two times he rose to Power was watched very closely. While their parents trusts that they can take care of themselves and keep each other from harm, their Mother tries to use past history and the Prophesy as an argument for staying here and being the next Wise Ones to the tribe. Never mind there are others willing to take up that role.

On a side note, Native Americans take a different view to the Wizarding World. Unlike the Whites, who hide the Magic from their Muggle counterparts, Native Americans do not. Wizard and Muggle mix and live together. More often than not, you can over hear a conversation about some Witch or Wizard talking about a spell or potion to a Native Muggle as you would to hear them talk about the weather.

O/O

RainbowRian

phoenyx

that's up to you... though kinda cool to have a McGonagall at the University/College and besides, being nephew to Minerva... why wouldn't he be a teacher?

O/O

RainbowRian

I kinda want to go with him being the McGonagall of their generation.

phoenyx

well it's not unheard of for a 25 year old to be a college student.... but again, it's totally up to you how you wanna play him.

and I'm out... gotta get up in 5 hours AND be in charge at work >.< Stay Safe all. Dream Safe when you get there...

O/O

RainbowRian

Caela

Quote from: RainbowRian on April 30, 2013, 11:08:51 PM
I kinda want to go with him being the McGonagall of their generation.

If you're not certain if he should be a teacher or student, why not make him a Grad Student and Teacher's Aid...perhaps to some lazy Professor who has his TA doing most of the actual work teaching the classes??

RainbowRian

Caela

Or he could be teaching a couple of classes as part of working toward his PhD (or Wizarding equivalent) in Education and looking to work as a full Professor when he's done with school.

phoenyx

Like an internship... Good ideas Carla. A way to be both, student and teacher... ish lol

O/O

Red Offerings

I like those ideas! This doesn't have to be the first year for anyone's characters to be in the college. It is ten years old. This will be Lily's second semester. She does her own interning in the ministry of magic and is kind of balancing that while trying to find her path.

Moon Hound Hati

So I heard guys get free tacos here...

Seriously though, I haven't done a HP game in a long, long while, so this has my interest. Would it be possible to have a student who's working to become a pro dueler on an international competitive level? I figure if Quidditch is like the football of the HP world, dueling might be the boxing/martial arts version. And who doesn't like a good fight?
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Caela

Quote from: phoenyx on May 01, 2013, 09:38:03 AM
Like an internship... Good ideas Carla. A way to be both, student and teacher... ish lol

-pokes- whose "Carla"??

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on May 01, 2013, 01:08:51 PM
-pokes- whose "Carla"??
Sorry, stupid auto correct... and small print on blasted kindle *sighs*

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on May 01, 2013, 12:58:09 PM

Seriously though, I haven't done a HP game in a long, long while, so this has my interest. Would it be possible to have a student who's working to become a pro dueler on an international competitive level? I figure if Quidditch is like the football of the HP world, dueling might be the boxing/martial arts version. And who doesn't like a good fight?

Personally, I don't see why not....

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on May 01, 2013, 12:58:09 PM

Go for it! The tacos and the dueling student.

phoenyx

A friend of mine's going to be coming along shortly... eventually as well *grins*

O/O

Caela

Quote from: phoenyx on May 01, 2013, 01:13:04 PM
Sorry, stupid auto correct... and small print on blasted kindle *sighs*

Personally, I don't see why not....

Lol, no worries. I get that too when typing on my phone! :)

Moon Hound Hati

Name: Kiran Reed
Race: Human / Caucasian
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Position: Student

Signature Spell: Arc Bolt, nicknamed "Thor's Hammer" among most that are familiar with the spell, causes a powerful bolt of lightning to shoot from the caster's wand at the target. It can arc around objects, providing a solid offence against opponents using solid objects as shields or to simply try and catch them off guard with a flanking manoeuvre. Proper arcing requires great finesse though, so full mastery of the spell is limited to a small pool of dedicated and talented wizards and witches who took the time and effort to master it.

Wand: 9 and ¼ inches, Birch with a Chimera Scale core.

Mirror, mirror on the wall: Kiran stands tall at six feet and two inches and possesses a toned, well trained figure. His hair is dark and unruly and his eyes a silvery blue.

In my heart of hearts: Kiran is one of those people who never seem to run out of juice, especially when it concerns their greatest passion. With an optimistic and straight forward personality, he rarely lets anything get him down, instead viewing it as an opportunity for improvement and challenge to better himself. While very open and positive in nature, he is by no means naive and often very aware of his surroundings and his current situation.

Because of his training and experience in dueling he can keep a cool head in a fight and is thus unlikely to panic, even in dire situations. While not as knowledgeable as certain other people, he is quick to think on his feet and adapt to situations, where possible.

My dark past: Pressured from a young age to succeed in life, young Kiran entered Hogwarts wondering early on what to do with his life. He wandered from hobby to hobby, never really finding something that could hold his interest. It was not until the summer before his fourth year that he found his true calling while attending an international dueling tournament in France with a friend. Instantly enticed by the fast pace and often ingenious spellweaving of professional duelers, he decided to make the world title his life's goal.

From that point on he began dedicating almost every spare moment he had to studying, practicing and improving his fighting skills. Noting the sudden change in their child, his parents, a pair of successful business entrepreneurs in the potions branch, supported him by buying him various books and training equipment.

After graduating from Hogwarts at the age of seventeen, Kiran made his debut in the amateur dueling scene. Gaining quite a few matches from the get-go, he soon caught the public's eye with his talent and upbeat personality. Within three years he had managed to work his way into the European top ten of the amateur league     an amazing feat for a rookie with only self taught skills. This caught the eye of a talent scout for the Norwich Nightmares, a high ranking dueling team competing on a world-wide level. However, because of new rules and regulations in the professional league, Kiran is required to have the proper papers before he is allowed to compete. This lead him to Dragonsclaw University of Wizardry and Magic, where he now studies the finer arts of dueling and magic in general in order to claim his place as professional dueler.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

phoenyx

wow nice profi, and i like how you tied in how he ended up at Uni *grins*

O/O

Moon Hound Hati

Rave

phoenyx

O/O

Coyote

Hey hey all you hilarious people! I am Coyote, a very recently approved member. I am a friend of phoenyx and I would love to join in, as a canon character no less!

name: Albus Severus Potter
race: Human
Blood Status: Pure Blood position: Student
Signature Spell: An astonishing natural talent for potion making
Wand: 13in/Black Walnut/dragon heartstring core
mirror, mirror on the wall:
A thin, hollow youth, Albus takes after his father in many ways. He shares the bright green eyes of his father and grandmother. His intense stare coupled with his height, 6ft 3in, gives him an intimidating look, although he walks awkwardly as if he never really got used to his growth spurt. His jet black hair is badly cut and sits messily on the top of his head, as if he always has something better to do then to tend to it. He is often seen wearing suits of darker colors, mostly black and dark green.
Picture

in my heart of hearts:
Albus has always been a troubled and insecure boy which he hides behind his serious exterior. Dealing with the tremendous burden of living up to the expectations of his parentage was not easy on him at all. In contrast to his parents and siblings Albus has always tended to be more reserved and thoughtful, carefully considering and calculating his actions. He is definitely not what you would expect from such a bright and happy family, but there are definitely shades of his fathers initially more reserved personality within him.

Albus is a caring individual and his inability to express this had made him incredibly lonely. He is awkward socially, abhorring all forms of small talk, and his few close friendships have arisen only because those certain people were patient and willing to get to know him. That being said, those who befriend Albus are rewarded with true loyalty. At the end of the day Albus craves connection with others and is pleasantly surprised when he finds it. Those who make an enemy of him might expect retribution at some point, but overall he is too rational for things like petty revenge. He has great ambition and intelligence and wishes to reform the wizarding world and bring it up to modern standards, and in that endeavor he will not let anyone or anything stand in his way. 

my dark past:
Albus Severus Potter has always been acutely aware of his father’s fame. From an early age people have expected great things from him, telling him tales of his father’s glory, and although his parents did everything they can to shield him they couldn't for long. Albus was set apart from an childhood. The first Slytherin in the family, there were whispers that he was a new Dark Lord from the moment he was sorted. Many were acutely disappointed to find that he was simply a hard working do gooder, more of a sullen version of his aunt Hermione then a budding Tom Riddle.

Albus Severus did his best to fit in and make friends, but he found a hard time of it, especially when it came to girls. He was socially and physically awkward, and terrible at Quidditch. But he did manage to make a few good friends along the way, recognizing that if he ever really wanted to fulfill his dream of becoming Minister of Magic, he would need to brush up on his social skills. Albus found his true magical skill to be the methodical craft of potions, something he seems to have inherited from his grandmother. After graduating from Hogwarts, Albus decided more education was for him, hoping he could have more time to build his own reputation rather than making a career in Wizard government based on his fathers name. In addition, he was hoping to meet more like minded people to soothe his loneliness.

Albus does not have many complaints about his life, he still belongs to an enthusiastic and loving family and although they do not understand his demeanor and attitude they still embrace him and love him for it. At the same time, he struggles to find his place in the world and among society, trying to build his own name for himself rather than being defined by the names that he bears.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll be in the corner enjoying my tacos.
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Red Offerings

Loving the profiles you guys! I'll be making an actual profile thread shortly here for us to post our people in. Lily's got one of her big brothers, yay!

RP thread will also be coming up. That's going to involve some refining so be patient! Thanks and welcome!

And Rave...nice taco!  ;D

phoenyx

*chuckles and hands out tacos*

nice profi. *grins* so we have two of the potter children... hmmm... thought so... took some hunting but Albus can't be 20 and Lily 22 if he's older than her *grins* (and a good example of why a  profi thread is handy o.O >.< O.o )

O/O

Red Offerings

I know right? I'll drop her down to 21 anyways cus Scorpius is supposed to be older than her.

phoenyx

and I always thought Albus was older than James.... least from the last movie (haven't gotten hands on books beyond Prisoner >.< I know, I know, bad HP fan)

O/O

phoenyx

Quote from: Red Offerings on May 01, 2013, 04:57:46 PM
I know right? I'll drop her down to 21 anyways cus Scorpius is supposed to be older than her.
yeah him and Albus went to Hogwarts at the same time I believe....

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

nope apparently not... so i misremember movie >.< not surprising since I've only seen it once o.O

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Potter_family

O/O

Coyote

Damn all this continuity and numbers! I misread Harry Potter Lexicon!

*Tips a table over and yell obscenities at the heavens*

Ok so Albus is supposed to be two years older than Lily and one year younger than James. I'm not exactly sure how HP lexicon figured this out but they are way smarter than me. SO I'm going to make him 23 for now if Lily is 21.
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall. Yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Red Offerings

Quote from: Coyote on May 01, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

Ok so Albus is supposed to be two years older than Lily and one year younger than James. I'm not exactly sure how HP lexicon figured this out but they are way smarter than me. SO I'm going to make him 23 for now if Lily is 21.

Yes I made her 21.

PROFILE THREAD IS UP! JUST COPY AND POST YOUR APPROVED PROFILE ON THE THREAD!

CLICK ME, CLICK ME!

phoenyx

Quote from: Coyote on May 01, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

*chuckles* I was going to point that age difference out myself... you beat me to it o.O *grins* typical Coyote *snickers*

O/O

Moon Hound Hati

Maybe we should change the 28 years after bit, cause if this is 9 years after the 19 years after epilogue, I'm getting these ages for characters:
James Sirius Potter - between 21 and 24
Albus Severus "Al" Potter - 20 to 21
Lily Luna Potter - 18 to 19

My calculator does not lie! >.>

Edit: whoops, that would make Lily 18 to 19, not 19 to 20!

Coyote

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on May 01, 2013, 05:15:21 PM
Maybe we should change the 28 years after bit, cause if this is 9 years after the 19 years after epilogue, I'm getting these ages for characters:
Lily Luna Potter - 19 to 20

Ugh and now you had to go and complicate everything with you "math" and "logic"

-Lord Varys, The Spider

phoenyx

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on May 01, 2013, 05:15:21 PM
Lily Luna Potter - 18 to 19

Edit: whoops, that would make Lily 18 to 19, not 19 to 20!
*blinks* i'm so lost lol

O/O

Red Offerings

That's fine, we can always throw a few more years into the mix. It wasn't set in stone anyways because this was the brainstormin' thread!

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: Coyote on May 01, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
Ugh and now you had to go and complicate everything with you "math" and "logic"

Sorry, it's my Asian blood. It demands accurate numbers! Also, my dad's a math teacher, so yeah... lol

Quote from: phoenyx on May 01, 2013, 05:18:58 PM
*blinks* i'm so lost lol

Sorry, math stuffs. I know everyone hates it (myself included :P).

phoenyx

oh i don't mind math so much... it's canon that usually throws me for a loop. I rarely like something enough to know the ins and outs of it forwards and backwards... Old ElfQuest being about as close ias I got to being that dedicated *grins*

O/O

Coyote

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on May 01, 2013, 05:25:19 PM
Sorry, it's my Asian blood. It demands accurate numbers! Also, my dad's a math teacher, so yeah... lol

Sorry, math stuffs. I know everyone hates it (myself included :P).

Don't worry I'm just jealous I didn't think of that first -_-

-Lord Varys, The Spider

Moon Hound Hati

Meh... I'm like a dumbtruck full of random information, especially when it comes to my hobbies. I used to mod small HP themed roleplay forums, so I was generally knowledgeable about a lot of things HP. Wish I had that much time these days, haha.

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

too cool. think I'll work up the Twins' first post.... I have this feeling it's gonna be long winded with the two of them *sighs*

O/O

phoenyx

made a small edit to their Charater Sheet at the bottom....

Player Note: When they speak in Comanche, I will be using maroon and italics for the words. English wil be normal type.

O/O

Red Offerings

RainbowRian

Quote from: Red Offerings on May 01, 2013, 12:22:36 PM
I like those ideas! This doesn't have to be the first year for anyone's characters to be in the college. It is ten years old. This will be Lily's second semester. She does her own interning in the ministry of magic and is kind of balancing that while trying to find her path.

So is my character approved?  I will edit and change to student/teacher and may change his first name but other thatn that is everything to your liking?

phoenyx

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 06:56:30 PM
So is my character approved?  I will edit and change to student/teacher and may change his first name but other thatn that is everything to your liking?
yep :D

O/O

Elf

Red Offerings

phoenyx

O/O

RainbowRian

Two more questions.  What could he teach? also could he run Dueling club?

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

RainbowRian

He followed in the footsteps of Minerva.  So would that be transfiguration? or is that taken

Red Offerings

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 07:43:47 PM
He followed in the footsteps of Minerva.  So would that be transfiguration? or is that taken

It is now, by you! :)

phoenyx

O/O

RainbowRian

Yay!  Imagine him as a male, fun minerva.  much like when the bridge of hogwarts was blown up.

Caela

Oh, I must say, Astrid highly approves of all the eye-candy at school!!! lol

Red Offerings

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on May 01, 2013, 07:56:21 PM
Oh, I must say, Astrid highly approves of all the eye-candy at school!!! lol
*nods*

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 07:55:25 PM
Yay!  Imagine him as a male, fun minerva.  much like when the bridge of hogwarts was blown up.
*giggles* strangely, i can picture this :P

O/O

Caela

I laughed so hard the first time I watched the movie and Minerva was all, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" lol. Here they are about to go into battle and she sounds like a kid at Christmas!

RainbowRian

Right. Molly was like.... ~looks... takes a step to the side~

I wish you could take the owls and newts exams.

phoenyx

Quote from: Caela on May 01, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
I laughed so hard the first time I watched the movie and Minerva was all, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" lol. Here they are about to go into battle and she sounds like a kid at Christmas!
Quote from: RainbowRian on May 01, 2013, 08:29:23 PM
Right. Molly was like.... ~looks... takes a step to the side~

I wish you could take the owls and newts exams.

I busted a gut listening to Minerva, and about died at Molly's expression

O/O

Red Offerings

Caela

name: Athena StarGazer-Smith

Blood Status: Half-Blood, Muggle father

position: PhD Student - Magical Archaeology, teaches Beginning Divination

Signature Spell: Seer; Bubble-Head Charm modified so that it can continue to draw oxygen from the water around her, not just hold a finite amount.

Wand: 10 1/2 in, Olive, Centaur tail strand core

mirror, mirror on the wall:http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae282/caela_ecub/Brunettes/ed3.jpg
A curtain of chocolate waves fall just past Athena's shoulders and frame a face that can be utterly serious, or filled with mirth in turns faster than most people can follow. Golden-brown eyes typically look out on the world as if she knows some secret that amuses her...and she's not sharing.

in my heart of hearts: Athena is a sarcastic, kind, intelligent young woman. She studies hard, and plays harder, enjoying a variety of activities but preferring those that take her outside and let her enjoy the beauty of nature around her. She finds the sounds of nature soothing, particularly just after a Prophecy has gripped her. For the most part she ignores her Gift because it's something she can't truly control, the Prophecies come as they will and she simply chooses to live her life irregardless of what she Sees.

As a friend she is loyal and caring but more than willing to share harsh truths as well. She doesn't believe in "polite" lies and doesn't bother telling them, though she does try to soften some of what she tells people if she thinks it's necessary.

As an enemy she is someone to be wary of. Her temper can burn fast and die just as quickly for minor matters but if you truly earn her enmity she will be patient and wait for the opportune moment to (when you are least expecting it and might even think she's forgotten) to exact her vengeance.

my dark past: Athena grew up living what seemed to be a charmed life. The daughter of an American businessman and a Greek Witch, she actually grew up moving around many different parts of the world for her father's business ventures. When the time came to get her letter, she actually got more than one because of her nomadic lifestyle and her parents chose a school located near Queensland, Australia. The school itself it actually based on a small island in the Great Barrier Reef chain and is otherwise uninhabited. It was never "home" (that was always wherever her parents were) but it was a great deal of fun and she spent a good portion of her free time learning how to dive (which was how she gained exemplary control of, and affinity for, the Bubble-Head Charm) and swim the reefs that surrounded the island. Because it was far from the nearest Muggle habitation, it didn't require the same level of security as most other schools and only had a few spells to divert Muggle boats, ships, and aircraft so that it wouldn't be noticed.

While the school taught her the basics, much of her high level learning was done with her Mother who taught her things like Appariting/Disapparating and the Patronus Charm(an Owl in Athena's case). Athena wasn't sure when the latter would really be of much use, but her Mother made it a point that anything you could know, was worth knowing. While Athena hadn't grown up during the rise of Voldermort, her Mother had and she wanted her daughter to always be prepared to defend herself as needed. To that end, she also taught her daughter how to duel, and there could be no harsher teacher than Athena's own Mother when it came to winning a duel!

All her time spent diving also piqued the interest that, finally, brought her to Dragonsclaw; the Archaeology of Magical Civilizations. Just like the Muggle world, the Magical had lost cities over time and she suspected that many of Muggle mythologies famed "lost cities" were actually Magical in origin. Cities like Atlantis that were supposed to have seemingly magical or advanced technological capabilities. All of her diving inspired a passion to search out such places and learn the secrets lost to time. To that end she moved to the only University the Magical community had, even though it took her far from the oceans she loved, to learn as much as she could about ancient magical civilizations. Because of her Gift as a Seer, her Mother also taught her other divinatory arts and she uses those skills to teach her Beginning Divination classes.

Note on her "Gift": Being a Seer is an inborn talent, not a skill she learned. According to her Mother, family lore has it that every generation of their family has spawned a Seer going back (supposedly) to Kassandra of Troy. Athena isn't certain that she truly believes the family stories, but they make an interesting story to tell when people ask about her Gift.

phoenyx

i absolutely love her. She's just the right.. I have to admit, I was a bit confussed with the Student/Teacher Position until I read further and found it explained in the bio parts. great job!

O/O

Red Offerings

Caela

Rave

Everyone's character pictures and descriptions are very authentic too~ I really enjoyed looking at them and realizing how closely them resembled their parents x3

Red Offerings

SapphireStar

Hi! Applying for the character of Rose Weasley.

Name:  Rose Weasley
Race: Human Witch
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Position: Student
Signature Spell: Petrificus Totalus
Wand: 11” Vine with Phoenix Feather

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: (Appearance looks like Ashley Greene)
Rose has the trademark ginger colored hair shared by majority of the Weasley family. She has blue eyes with a fair complexion. Her hair is typically poker straight, long and worn loose. Sometimes she will pull it back into a ponytail at the back of her head. When she uses makeup, her motto is less is more. She prefers light shades as well as neutral tones. Her wardrobe consists of a mixture of styles ranging from jeans to skirts. Her style would be considered feminine and conservative.

In my heart of hearts: Rose is very much like her mother, a smart and talented witch who is highly competitive both academically and in sports. She strives for  new challenges which test her mind. Like her father, she as a knack for playing Wizard’s Chess and has rarely been beaten in a game. It is perhaps the tactical thinking she developed playing chess which earned her a reputation for being a fierce Quidditch Player, developing plays which dazzled and amazed on the Pitch.

Rose is highly determined when it comes to tackling new challenges. She will not stop until she finds a solution, even if it means thinking outside the box. She can be very passionate about subjects close her heart often arguing her point with gusto. Speaks her mind even if the truth can be painful to hear, though on occasion she can stretch the truth. Like Hermione, she is not a very good liar, but can spin a convincing tale. When angered, her temper is something to fear, as she can be explosive or the wrathful storm behind a mask of calm, it depends on the situation which triggers the response. Rose is a fierce, brave, compassionate and loyal friend who can be depended to be there when needed.

My Dark Past: Rose is the daughter of Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. She grew up amongst the close knit family and friends, as her parents stayed in touch with many of their former classmates throughout the years. When she got accepted to Hogwarts, she was excited, and was the first one to don her robes well before it was time to on the train. She is an incredibly talented and brilliant witch like her mother, Hermione.  She excels at Charms, Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts, while other subjects cause her to be more driven and focused till she perfects the task at hand.

During her school years at Hogwarts, aside from her academic achievements she also shared her father’s love of Quidditch eventually joining the team. She took the role of Keeper, defending the goals with a fierce determination. What she plans to do once she graduates college is unclear. She is torn between possibly following in her parents footsteps and joining the Ministry of Magic as either an Auror or possibly another position.

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

RainbowRian

Red Offerings

phoenyx

*gasps in shock*

steak is too healthy... as is any meat *grins*

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

i will :P

i is Carnivore! *nodnods*

*bursts into giggles as she realizes... that really doesn't read right*
>.<  ::)

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

Dream safe.

I think I too must go on the hunt for those elusive creatures i keep hearing about still....

Stay Safe All. Dream Safe when you get there.

O/O

Red Offerings

phoenyx

O/O

Codexa

Oooh, Is there still room for characters?

I really need to read the Group Wanted Thread more often. -.-;

phoenyx

Quote from: Codexa on May 03, 2013, 05:29:04 PM
Oooh, Is there still room for characters?

I really need to read the Group Wanted Thread more often. -.-;
yes ma'am... you can either make a Canon Charater (list of who's still available on first page post or three down) or make up one...

O/O

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

RainbowRian

Can you reserve a spot for another OC I want to make.  Hopefully depending on my stress level I should have them in a few days.

Red Offerings

Quote from: RainbowRian on May 05, 2013, 08:13:26 PM
Can you reserve a spot for another OC I want to make.  Hopefully depending on my stress level I should have them in a few days.

No need to reserve a spot. Just submit for review when you're ready. :)

RainbowRian

Red Offerings