Play By Post Suggestion!!

Started by Greenthorn, December 16, 2008, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

So...I finally have a clear head and sat down to actually show what I was trying to "say" before.  Here is my suggestion for the right side of the forum.

Play by Post: Light

Light: Human Small Groups and Solos
Light: Exotic Small Groups and Solos
Light: Big Groups Human
Light: Big Groups Exotic

Play By Post: Bondage

Bondage: Human Small Groups and Solos
Bondage: Exotic Small Groups and Solos
Bondage: Big Groups Human
Bondage: Big Groups Exotic

Play By Post: Non-Consensual

NC: Human Small Groups and Solos
NC: Exotic Small Groups and Solos
NC: Big Groups Human
NC: Big Groups Exotic

Play By Post: Extreme

Extreme: Human Small Groups and Solos
Extreme: Exotic Small Groups and Solos
Extreme: Big Groups Human
Extreme: Big Groups Exotic

Now I don’t know if there needs to be a classification with the big groups or not (into Exotic and Human)…

As for the System classification…in my opinion, there doesn’t need to be a separation.  If there does, then a new board should be made just for system games (IMO).

System Games

System Games: Human
System Games: Exotic

Then everyone should tag their titles accordingly for the system games.
[van], [bon], [ex], [nc]

MagicalPen

That seems like a simplification+complication. I don't really see the need.

I like having Small Group Games separately and there are only a few of them and it is easy to find all the threads belonging to such a game. Sticking them in with the Solo games (which there are hundreds off) is going to make things really cluttered and hard to find.

Also, labeling each game INSIDE of each forum is a bit counter-intuitive, as there are hundreds of games already, and a lot of them have multiple themes, so placing a label on them is hard. Even starting a new game, half the time I don't know what theme is going to be in the game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Greenthorn

The tags are supposed to be on extreme games mostly...and the extreme section is why the tags came about.  People were complaining that they were accidentally reading extreme stories.

And honestly, changing a tagged title isn't something that is difficult to do, so I think your argument that it's "counter-intuitive" to tag titles is invalid.  If it's housed in NC it gets tagged [NC], if it's housed in Extreme it gets tagged [EX].  It's pretty straightforward IMO.

MagicalPen

Whats the point of tagging it in that case then?

And Extreme games belong in the Extreme forum, so there shouldn't be any confusion. It might make sense to tag Extreme games based on what sort of 'extreme' element is in them, but I see no need to tag everything else.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Greenthorn

Well the tags are not the issue with this post. 

Trieste

System games are such a small subset of E, they are somewhat the most logical choice for that...

... but I hate, hate, hate tags. I cannot wait until we have the section listed in WO so the tags can be taken out (if that ever happens ... Veks has not promised it).

Other than that, it lookslike largely how we have it set up now though...

Greenthorn

Quote from: Trieste on December 16, 2008, 03:55:31 PM
System games are such a small subset of E, they are somewhat the most logical choice for that...

... but I hate, hate, hate tags. I cannot wait until we have the section listed in WO so the tags can be taken out (if that ever happens ... Veks has not promised it).

Right, but it takes out that second huge NC heading and condenses it into the other NC heading...which was my point all along...to make all of the boards look equal.

Right now there is a NC Human heading and an NC Exotic heading...with all the subcategories...which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!  NC is the only one that does it.

Plus, system games can be extreme, vanilla, bondage, or nc

Will

Quote from: Greenthorn on December 16, 2008, 04:06:23 PM
Plus, system games can be extreme, vanilla, bondage, or nc

I've always kind of wondered about that.  NC is(are) the only board(s) that have a system distinction.  Is it because Light/Bondage System boards just wouldn't get used enough?
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Greenthorn

I personally think System Games can just go into Small Groups for each category.

I mean if it's an issue for people to be able to -find- system games to read them or somethig...I'll make another GT obsessive index...happily...and list the system games as they are born ;)

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on December 16, 2008, 03:55:31 PM

WO?

Trieste

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Greenthorn on December 16, 2008, 04:20:06 PM
I personally think System Games can just go into Small Groups for each category.

I mean if it's an issue for people to be able to -find- system games to read them or somethig...I'll make another GT obsessive index...happily...and list the system games as they are born ;)

Its easy enough to put a system tag at the start of a system game.

[Dark Heresy] Chronicles of Calixus
[Exalted] Chosen of the Sun
[nWoD] Things that go Bump in the Night
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Elven Sex Goddess

I have a suggestion.  I do not mean to step on anyone in suggesting.   But here is my suggestion on such. 

Play by post -Light

Games that involve light to non descriptive sexual content to human and human like characters.

Light - One on one threads

Light -  Free form group role play

Light – System group role play

Play by post -Bondage

Games that involve into consensual S & M, BDSM and such between human and near human like fantasy races.

Bondage – One on one threads

Bondage – Free form group role play

Bondage – System group role play

Play by post -Non-consensual

Games that involve darker aspects, such as rape to go with S & M and BDSM between human and human like races.

Non-consensual – One on one threads

Non-consensual – Free form group role play

Non-consensual – System group role play

Play by post -Extreme

Games that involve exotic creatures,  or extreme violence.  Examples Tentacle monster game,  A fantasy game that involves sexual encounters between a mythical race such as Centaurs. 

Extreme – One on one threads

Extreme – Free form group role play

Extreme – System group role play

I took out the break up of small / big groups.   For in truth a lot of small group games belong in big groups and vice a versa.   The real need is just to separate the group games into free form or system.    Such is not needed for one on ones.   Most of those if not all will be free form.  And if is system, that is between the two people that initiated the one on one thread. 

Vekseid

Quote from: Trieste on December 17, 2008, 06:05:59 AM
Who's online.

Oh. Hmmm.

I'll have to see about adding that after the upgrade, should not be difficult. : )