Earth and Wood Renewal: Repopulating Creation [Exalted - Extreme]

Started by Neomah, November 09, 2015, 09:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomah

Quote from: Muse on November 13, 2015, 10:23:25 AM
Name: Alamar Thrace
Role: Client

Before the Contagioun, Alamar Thrace was the third child in his family to Exalt.  Possesed of both a strong sense of duty and a strong sense of entitlement, he had to work harder than his brother and sister for less reward.  He took extra duty in the Legion to earn the prestige and pleasures that he believed were his birth right.  when not working hard, both courteseans and mortal village girls became vents for his frustrated lust. 

It was the fair fok invasion that brought Amalar into his own.  His aged father was unable to resist the plague.  HIs mother--the old man's third wife--and both exalted sibblings were slain fighting the fair folk.  Amalar took control of the family's surviving assets to defend their home city in the north against furious hobgoblins.  He'd slain one catarph and was locked in a==loosing--battle with another when fires from heaven incinerated the lion-headed nightmare right before his eyes. 

Alamar rallied his remainging forces to drive away the hogboglins.  He took control of his city, and began to consolidate power.  When the Empress declared herself, he lead his soldiery--along with several thousand healthy mortal craftsman and laborars and a small fortune of jade artifacts with no wielders--to the Blessed Isle to swear fealty to the new Empress. 

Alamar seeks to father exalted offspring enough to become the head of a noble house on the Blessed Isle.

Truly, he will find more to slake his ferocious hunger upon in the game. Approved!

Nemnem

Name: Ellasa Mortan
Role: (un)willing breeder. She does what she does not agree with, for personal reasons.
How did you get to the house of pleasure?

Ellasa had done well, she'd thought. Before... her world seemed to plunge into hell. As a young woman, she valued the stories of duty and honor that drifted between soldiers. Once of age, she'd applied to be taught how to soldier. How to fight. She thought she learned quickly. Instructors didn't often have to tell her something twice. But once all that was said and done, and she was passed into the Imperial military... Ellasa found that she was destined for nothing more than common footsoldiering. No tales of grandeur, duels and honor would be spoken of her.

A night's patrol, some years later, would bring an end to even that. When fleeing an ambush by creatures of power, Ellasa had her left arm burned away. Just below the shoulder it was... gone. As the spirits would have it, she managed to make it back otherwise unscathed and report. But without a shield arm, she could not fight and she was not highborn enough to seek out other... options. Dismissed from service, Ellasa returned home. No husband. No career to rely on. She eked out an existence doing whatever she could, until a chance encounter with the local human lord.

Long story short, he relayed a missive seeking out fertile females of childbearing age and called it duty. She was such a female, and of such an age. The lord offered protection along the road to the House of Pleasure if she would bear children under his script, bringing him status if any exalted. It could not be worse than the life she had now, he spoke. She would be well fed and taken care of, he assured her. Boy, he was a sly bugger. It sounded... good, to young and impoverished Ellasa. So she said yes.

His guardsmen delivered her to the House of Pleasure's front steps. She walked in with the missive in her right hand and presented herself.

(I'm looking for a proper picture, and the background/profile is augmentable if anything I've written is wrong to the setting. I am not "that" familiar with Exalted, but I do like the RP concept.)

summoner2183

Etherealgirl

I love the idea, and the potential it has, but I'm afraid I do not know the setting or rules. :(

Muse

Can i help you, Ethereal?  It's a really awesome setting, and you don't need the rules for this game. 

(It's also an awesome game.  If you want to learn it I'd love to teach.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Nemnem

I'd appreciate help too, if you're offering. Only thing I remember about Exalted is from a loooong time ago, reading over one of the sourcebooks at lunch. ^^

Muse

Will be a pleasure.  Where to start, though... 

Are you interesed in playing a girl or a guy? 

To clarify the backstory: 

Creation is a flat world, anchored by five elemental poles.  Beyond Creation lies the Primordial Wyld, a place of pure chaos and raw potential.  The Shinma that dwell there are beings in contstant flux.  Sort of potential beings who created themselves by saying, "I am.... and never finishign the sentence.  :) 

Not long ago, the most horible disease in history--the Great Contagion--devistated creation.  AMong mortals, nine out of every ten people died.  Demigods and the terestrial exalted were not competley imune either. 

As the disease began to run it's course, the Shinma took on semi-permenant forms called Raksha--or Fair Folk--and smashed their way into Creaiton.  They were determined to destroy this unatural place of constants that the Primodials had forced into existence milina ago.  They rampaged and destroyed, ripping away at the defeniton of reality and destroying anyone who stood in their way. 

The Terestrial Exalted--also called Dragon Blooded--who ruled Creation at the time rallied their surviving armies and tried to fight off the Raksha.  The battles were many, desperate, and bloody--and the poeple of Creation were loosing.  Then, all across Creation and almost simulntaitonsly, great pillars of fire descended upon the leaders of the Raksha.  The remainign horde was shocked, their orginzation llost and broken.  The Dragon Blooded ralied and drove them back into the outer half of Creaiton, a place of semi-constant reality now known as the Wyld. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

summoner2183

Name: Marcus Frostfang
Status: Air Aspect Dragonblooded (Marcus's essence and anima are especialy cold.)
Role: Visitor/Client
How did you get to the house of pleasure? Marcus's life before the Contagion had been a simple one, and as the second son in his family he is not given many expectations from his parents. That allowed him to pursue his academic goals, and he was more at home in libraries and laboratories than in the battlefield. He was quite a He was quite a powerful sorcerer though, and he sometimes took a break to sate his pleasures with mortal women and courtesans.

When the plague and Fair Folk invasion came though, he was the only survivor of his family after many days of fighting and he barely managed to drive away the invading armies of hobgoblins and behemoths that invaded his city. Rebuilding was hard, but being the sole survivor would mean that he was now the Lord of his city. He had to work hard and not spend too much time in his labs and laboratories and used his magic to help in the rebuilding of his beloved home.

When the Empress proclaimed herself, he led the remaining numbers of his household as well as his workforce that consists of two thousand mortal craftsmen and laborers as well as a collection of artifacts and books that he found to be irrelevant to his studies to swear fealty to the Empress.

His goal was not only to father exalted offspring so that he can rebuild his life here in the Blessed Isle, but also to search for more artifacts and books to add to his library of knowledge.

Nemnem

Quote from: Muse on December 05, 2015, 12:38:12 AM
  Will be a pleasure.  Where to start, though... 

Are you interesed in playing a girl or a guy? 

To clarify the backstory: 

Creation is a flat world, anchored by five elemental poles.  Beyond Creation lies the Primordial Wyld, a place of pure chaos and raw potential.  The Shinma that dwell there are beings in contstant flux.  Sort of potential beings who created themselves by saying, "I am.... and never finishign the sentence.  :) 

Not long ago, the most horible disease in history--the Great Contagion--devistated creation.  AMong mortals, nine out of every ten people died.  Demigods and the terestrial exalted were not competley imune either. 

As the disease began to run it's course, the Shinma took on semi-permenant forms called Raksha--or Fair Folk--and smashed their way into Creaiton.  They were determined to destroy this unatural place of constants that the Primodials had forced into existence milina ago.  They rampaged and destroyed, ripping away at the defeniton of reality and destroying anyone who stood in their way. 

The Terestrial Exalted--also called Dragon Blooded--who ruled Creation at the time rallied their surviving armies and tried to fight off the Raksha.  The battles were many, desperate, and bloody--and the poeple of Creation were loosing.  Then, all across Creation and almost simulntaitonsly, great pillars of fire descended upon the leaders of the Raksha.  The remainign horde was shocked, their orginzation llost and broken.  The Dragon Blooded ralied and drove them back into the outer half of Creaiton, a place of semi-constant reality now known as the Wyld.

My my, that is gruesome. o_o Also, I plan on playing a female character. About as lowborn and casteless as one gets. Posted a general idea a few posts up.

Muse

The default setting is 5 and a half centuries after this, so it's not as traumatic.  (Starting out at least.) 

Nemnem

Ah, okay. Still enough conflict to make entering the local military/militia an option though?

Muse

Hm? 

Neomah's game is set imediatly after the events you described as gruesome.  Both at that time, and in the future that is the default campaing setting for Exalted, miliatry service is quite likely--and in most cases not limited to males. 

Nemnem

Works for me then. I'm unsure of the time line, and the last couple of times I've posted... I have been really sleepy. ^^; My apologies.

Muse

no problem.  How else can I help? 

Glad ot see this game getting intresta gain.  I'm excited. 

Nemnem

Well, as long as it makes sense... I think I'm good. Just waiting to see how things take off.