News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: wander on December 16, 2016, 12:01:48 AM
The Clone Saga started as an awesome storyline, though because it was selling, it got extended... and extended... and another plot twist... and extended again... and another plot twist... So it became a bit of a train wreck, to put it mildly. There are more than a few videos on youtube that can say more, though I think the Nerdsync one here is one of the better ones if you have time;

Eh, that way of doing the symbiote seems a bit shakey. I'd prefer the reason he had in the original Secret Wars, that his original costume is wrecked, he comes across it by accident and it supes him up the new black suit before he realises what's up. The shift in personality/reactions should be more gradual, make it seem more encroaching and nebulous that way.

Jane Foster won't be returning and if she does she'll be played by someone else, Natalie Portman is out of the MCU now. Also back before the MCU got big, Amadeus Cho was (kinda) in the Norton Hulk film;

I'd prefer Cho to be introduced as the Rick Jones character and do something with him being the genius kid more than what the comics are doing with him presently. He must have the army jacket, scooter and coyote pup... I just can't accept him otherwise. ^^; Although, Cho I think more of the Rick Jones to Hercules... I guess the only reason we didn't get a harder push of Hercules to replace Banner (because the MCU would have full rights to Hercules and not share with Universal) is because the Hercules books have never really sold well.

I would prefer the original Secret Wars origin of the symbiote too (mostly because it's funny, since he misunderstood what someone told him about how to fix his costume and used the wrong machine) but since they're going with Infinity War first instead of what I would consider the perfect lead-up to that and ultimate test for them to see if they're really up to the task, and yet still mind-blowing and off-world and also showing that there are beings with immense power that likely only the fully fueled Gauntlet could trump, like the Beyonder. It just makes less sense to me to rush this one out when the kind of heroes they're going to have to fight him that round out the team (Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange) are either brand-new, or WILL be brand-new by the time it happens. If they complain that superhero movies are all the same, too, this would be a very good story to go with since the stakes aren't 'saving the world', but saving their own asses.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

Looks like The CW have gone into overdrive this weekend; all four current live action shows have been renewed for another season, the Supergirl\Flash crossover villain will be Music Meister (hopefully they'll get Neil Patrick Harris to reprise the role) and Constantine is back. Although Constantine is only an animation on CW Seed much like the Vixen  & The Ray, but it will be voiced by Matt Ryan.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

wander

A new TV spot for Legion was released this week too. It debuts on FX next month, though as a teaser not too much is shown.

Because it's a Fox/Marvel team-up and is apparently canon with Fox's X-Men, I'm wondering if this is Fiege's or Perlmutter's department helping out Fox.

Lady Shadow

This may a little late, but I thought I would throw my two cents in. I am really excited for the new Wonder Woman coming out in June of 2017. I saw the trailer and even thought Batman Vs. Superman was "meh" I did like the new Wonder Woman even though Lynda Carter is the bees knees for me (yes I am aware I said bees knees, haha).

Anyone excited for some new Superhero movies this year?
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lady Shadow on January 08, 2017, 05:32:18 PM
This may a little late, but I thought I would throw my two cents in. I am really excited for the new Wonder Woman coming out in June of 2017. I saw the trailer and even thought Batman Vs. Superman was "meh" I did like the new Wonder Woman even though Lynda Carter is the bees knees for me (yes I am aware I said bees knees, haha).

Anyone excited for some new Superhero movies this year?

Its definitely going to be a ripe year for it. I'm mainly looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, mainly because I'm a huge sci-fi fan. Plus....BABY GROOT!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lady Shadow

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on January 08, 2017, 07:35:41 PM
Its definitely going to be a ripe year for it. I'm mainly looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, mainly because I'm a huge sci-fi fan. Plus....BABY GROOT!!

Oh yes baby GROOT! How could I forget! I can't wait for that too actually.
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
~Elvis Presley~

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on January 08, 2017, 07:35:41 PM

Well it looks like they finally revealed more about Stallone's role, being a Nova Corps officer...maybe Richard Rider, the first human from Earth in the Nova Corps?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

wander

I'd say he'd probably suit Sam Alexander's dad much better myself, if he is playing a human Nova. I can't really see Stallone being an MCU regular to play Marvel's Hal Jordan as a long-term thing... Though who knows?

CaptainNexus616

I swear if Stallone is in the Nova Corps the "I am DA LAWWWW!!!!" will pick back up something fierce.

Judge Dredd the Second Coming.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Lady Shadow

Haha! Judge Dredd was awesome! They need to resurrect Rob Schnieder while their at it too.
~Elvis Presley~

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lady Shadow on January 09, 2017, 06:29:47 PM
Haha! Judge Dredd was awesome! They need to resurrect Rob Schnieder while their at it too.

I personally want another Dredd movie with Karl Urban.

RDJ was made to be Tony Stark

Chris Pratt made Star Lord

Chris Evans is Captain America

If Karl Urban was meant to be a comic book character it was Dredd.

mia h

The writers and central characters have been announced for Green Lantern Corps.
David S. Goyer and Justin Rhodes are on writing duties with the film focusing on Hal Jordan & John Stewart.

Lady Shadow

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on January 09, 2017, 06:34:06 PM
I personally want another Dredd movie with Karl Urban.

If Karl Urban was meant to be a comic book character it was Dredd.

I didn't really like that version. I am old school. For me there is only one Dredd and it was Stallone. On the other hand Karl Urban is amazing!
~Elvis Presley~

TheGlyphstone

Stallone was a great Stallone, but he was a terrible Judge Dredd.

Mathim

greenknight

Quote from: Mathim on January 19, 2017, 09:40:53 PM
What. The. Shit???!!! I thought only Deadpool broke the fourth wall!

"Would you prefer yellow spandex?"
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Mathim

You know, it occurs to me that the best opportunity to put, if nothing else, the mask of his comic costume in the movies would have been while he was in Japan. They have all kinds of neat masks there, one resembling it could easily have, if nothing else, been put in his hands, even if he didn't intend to put it on. But a proto-style, ninja-esque costume like his comic one also could have been utilized if that movie didn't suck so hard.

SapphireStar

I happened to catch a glimpse of an article regarding the Green Lantern Corp movie. One of the actors they are looking at as one of their top picks for Hal Jordan is Tom Cruise. Seriously? Alex O' Loughlin from Hawaii Five-O might be an interesting choice for Hal Jordan. He can easily do action scene. Even Chris Pine would be another interesting pick for the character. They even mentioned Ryan Reynolds again.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on January 21, 2017, 08:20:07 PM
I happened to catch a glimpse of an article regarding the Green Lantern Corp movie. One of the actors they are looking at as one of their top picks for Hal Jordan is Tom Cruise. Seriously? Alex O' Loughlin from Hawaii Five-O might be an interesting choice for Hal Jordan. He can easily do action scene. Even Chris Pine would be another interesting pick for the character. They even mentioned Ryan Reynolds again.

No more double-dipping! Pick Marvel or DC and stand by your choice, actors! LOL.

mia h

The Flash\Supergirl musical has it's villain. Darren Criss has been cast as Music Meister making 3 Glee alumni in the episodes to sing alongside Victor Garber, John Barrowman, Carlos Valdez, Jeremy Jordan & Jesse Martin. It's either going to be fantastic or a train-wreck, nothing in between.

wander

Barrowman is a stage-show alumni and song-writer in his own right, so he's gonna be good.

Though tbh, I can't stand musical episodes in tv shows...

mia h

All of the actors who have been named as having singing roles have musical backgrounds one way or another, Victor Garber & Jesse Martin have sung on their respective shows before, so I'm not concerned about vocal talents. It's just the nature of musical episodes there isn't a middle ground either they work or they don't, I can't think of any musical episode that's kinda worked.

SapphireStar

About the only time that a musical episode worked in a non-musical show was Once More with Feeling on Buffy. They seem to be relying more and more on massive crossovers to carry the shows. They already did the huge crossover earlier in the season, now another one? While, I like keeping continuity with the shows, too many crossovers could lead to a jump the shark moment.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on January 25, 2017, 03:43:27 PM
About the only time that a musical episode worked in a non-musical show was Once More with Feeling on Buffy. They seem to be relying more and more on massive crossovers to carry the shows. They already did the huge crossover earlier in the season, now another one? While, I like keeping continuity with the shows, too many crossovers could lead to a jump the shark moment.

I loved that one! What if Firefly had gotten a second season and did an episode like that? Like if everyone is tripping on mushrooms or something like that episode of Cowboy Bebop, and they see themselves singing and dancing on the ship and on the planets they've been to. LOL.

It's starting to look like there's going to be a lot more Planet Hulk and a lot less Ragnarok in Thor: Ragnarok.

mia h

Looks like more DC on the CW, Black Lightning which Fox were developing has got a pilot order from the CW.