Delvers Company: Origins (PbtA System, Dungeon World, Sexy Adventures! Last Day!)

Started by Nastara, March 04, 2024, 03:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastara

Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

Avernale

Quote from: pdragon on March 07, 2024, 09:37:18 AMI was gonna say, Don Quixote vibes.

"Hilda! I can't believe you would buy a slave!"

"Slave? Oh no, she's actually my trusted companion and noble steed! I assure you her position is one of honor and dignity"
(feeds carrot)
"Eh, it's a liv- Oh! Carrot!" [Chomps down and begins gnawing]

Rashol

You've got 5 pages of entries and I have only 1 day to go. Is it even worth trying at this point?

EDIT: I guess I will because I really want to play in dungeon world. But I don't hold out much hope.

Rashol

Quote from: c0i9z on March 05, 2024, 06:04:23 PMI definitely find that the base playbooks are all very versatile. This is probably the first time I've made a DW character not using one of them. Actually, second time. The other one was some sort of brawler with an entourage.
I disagree about base classes. I find the fighters very versatile because there's only so many ways to say I hit stuff. But the casters are very rigid.

The mage playbook that Hyena talks about is a god send for a creative thinker and writer because it can literally do anything you want as long as you flavour it correctly.

That by itself makes the "Know this list of spells" of the base classes irrelevant. I haven't seen all the other Spellcaster variants, but I think after mage, most use it's approach to spellcasting.

All of that said... I'm trying to think of WHAT to imagine. Since I've only got 48 hours.

Brittlby

Quote from: Rashol on March 08, 2024, 02:44:54 AMYou've got 5 pages of entries and I have only 1 day to go. Is it even worth trying at this point?

EDIT: I guess I will because I really want to play in dungeon world. But I don't hold out much hope.

Actually, aside from time crunch, applying at the back end gives you a decided advantage! It’s not first come first serve, so much as making a fun character that most importantly works synergistically within the group. You can tool your character to be complimentary to a few of the others.

… I mean, I didn’t, because I just wanted to play an orc waitress, but YOU could take advantage! Just make it fun, interesting and most of all:

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Rashol

@Brittlby unfortunately I know mostly every single person (they're fantastic writers) who has applied and it takes me days to even write a basic concept. I don't even know what I want to play 😭

I looked at the undead classes (entombed sorcerer and deaths knight) but not being able to make last breaths really hurts. I'm also not sure if they can heal mundanely, I know they can't be magicked better, and it will often outright kill them.

And I've got so much 'inspiration' for an entombed sorcerer too.

... ... I really like entombed sorcerer. And grovecaster :(

Ershin

Decided to go with The Princess for Royse's playbook,though reflavouring it to be... Well, not a princess, potentially a priestess or (very) lightly armoured knight. It seems to have some nice support and RP elements that could be a lot of fun (built in Nemesis for one, and I like there's a potential for her to harm herself while healing others as a downside instead of getting infinite healing).

The Templar's ability not to go down easily seemed fun too, but seems like the mechanics more or less require you to breathe down peoples necks and force them forward which isn't something I'd be as comfortable with

Sorvoe551

Quote from: Ershin on March 08, 2024, 09:32:16 AMDecided to go with The Princess for Royse's playbook,though reflavouring it to be... Well, not a princess, potentially a priestess or (very) lightly armoured knight. It seems to have some nice support and RP elements that could be a lot of fun (built in Nemesis for one…
Does the nemesis strictly have to be an enemy? Because in character, Sora is always looking for rivals to test herself against, so that could lead to the two frequently trying to outdo the other and spar. Sort of a Gimli/Legolas relationship.

Hexed

Believe in me. Believe in us. With hope on our sleeves and love in our hearts, we cannot be steered wrong. We will make the cosmos.

Bwahaha. That class sounds more outrageous than the orc maid.

Magic users need to learn a shrink spell. Plop them on the bound ponygirls shoulders and make a turret tank.

Sorvoe551

Now that I think about it, both Sora and Royce were rejected from their family for one reason or another and they’re both out to prove that they’re capable. One was more medical and one was because of her choices. Interesting character parallel, I’d love for the two to bounce off each other.

Ershin

I was thinking of Royse having nicked her (very clearly possessed) sword off a soldier from the Demon Lord's army and having them be the Nemesis.

Sora would be an excellent rival but a Nemesis seems like someone that's really out to get her and be an outright antagonist.

I've also asked Nastara for a little something additional. Specifically that Royse lose her glasses and get a negative to rolls if I ever roll a 2 on any 2d6 roll. Hopefully this will be fun going forward as she begins having a hard time distinguishing ally from enemy ~

Looking forward to eventually constantly changing who Royse's crush of the day is to keep jumping in front of them in combat, seems a fun tank ability :3

Sorvoe551

Quote from: Ershin on March 08, 2024, 10:41:58 AMI was thinking of Royse having nicked her (very clearly possessed) sword off a soldier from the Demon Lord's army and having them be the Nemesis. 
Ah, fair enough. Didn’t look into the playbook, wanted to check the details on the mechanic

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Hexed on March 08, 2024, 09:54:00 AMBelieve in me. Believe in us. With hope on our sleeves and love in our hearts, we cannot be steered wrong. We will make the cosmos.

Bwahaha. That class sounds more outrageous than the orc maid.

Magic users need to learn a shrink spell. Plop them on the bound ponygirls shoulders and make a turret tank.
"Tis time to deploy the Shortstack Catapult" 

*Leaps onto her mighty steed, pebbles in hand* 

"Hi ho, Bette! Away!" 

Sorvoe551

Or maybe the Orc lady is strong enough to just fastball special most anyone.

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

c0i9z

Rashol

Quote from: Ershin on March 08, 2024, 09:32:16 AMDecided to go with The Princess for Royse's playbook,though reflavouring it to be... Well, not a princess, potentially a priestess or (very) lightly armoured knight. It seems to have some nice support and RP elements that could be a lot of fun (built in Nemesis for one, and I like there's a potential for her to harm herself while healing others as a downside instead of getting infinite healing).
Oh... Well.. nevermind then.. I guess.. posting my app anyway.

Adventurer Info
Name: Maharet
Race/Class: Human / Entombed Sorcerer
Interested In: Humanoids, monsters, non-con, con, tentacles, fairly open to most things, breast play, futa.
HARD NO: Toilet, scat, pee, bathroom, guro

Brief Description: At least some physical, some personality.

Even in life Maharet turned heads, now after death, she is still a full figure of womanhood. Bandages wrap scantily around her frame, hinting at her true nature, but her Heka has mostly restored her appearance of centuries ago. Her hair is again lustrous, her flesh supple and only her aura, and her magic reveals her true nature. That, and her casual wearing of fashions centuries out of date, and her magic that even the most learned of scholars have forgotten.

She spent the weeks and months after those ignorant moles woke her alternately pining for the world she remembers, and fascinated by the world she is in. She tries to keep away from religious fire brands of new deities, since does not truly wish harm to any of the strangers in this new world. She simply wishes to explore and experience her (un)Life as best she can, free from committment.

Feel free to include references to your old life as you wish, but remember that you're going to be dropping into the middle of nothing!

Familiarity With DW/D&D: DW, not much. D&d fairly by this point.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily.

Sorvoe551

Brittlby

O/O

Sorvoe551

Nastara

Eep! This thread has been bouncing today!

Lovely! Maharet looks lovely! Thank you! 

I'm expecting to be around more today than I have the past couple of days, so if any of you have questions, discussion, etc then let me know! With launch on Monday! 

Valyndriel

Adventurer Info
Name: Neve Treena
Race/Class: Catfolk Fighter or Scout
Interested In: angst, tentacles, mind control, bondage/restraint, nonbinary ppl, women (cis or trans), humor, affection, humiliation, pheromones
Brief Description: The only place where shy Neve Treena seems at home is on the battlefield, protecting her allies with her shield and with her body, if it comes to it. She's a quick and agile swordswoman, if anything too eager to get between danger and her comrades.

Off the battlefield, she's only just started to come out of her shell. Those who come to know her soon learn that she was raised by a holy order who believed she was intrinsically corrupt, as a beastgirl, and that her lithe body, wide hips, obscenely long tongue, and cycle of going into heat were all wicked temptations that she needed to make up for by being all the more holy, pure, and abstinent. The most virtuous thing she could do was take up arms for a holy cause and be martyred fighting the good fight.

She still wears a formless robe of rough linen over her other clothes and armor, to obscure her form. Nonetheless, the mixed colors of her calico mane and the tail peeking out from the hem of the fabric still draw attention, as do her vivid golden eyes.

The emblems of her order, though, are gone. Once she saw more or the world, she questioned whether their teachings had really been fair and righteous and resolved to leave them, perhaps with the involvement of one of the other PCs. She's in her early twenties, now, and mourns the time she feels like she lost, even as she values many of the skills she learned being trained as a holy warrior.

While she questions her upbringing, she hasn't shaken it off, and is very self-conscious about the catlike habits she can't quite control, like purring when she's happy or pouncing when something quickly moves past her. She's even more awkward around the topic of sex, finding herself intrigued and aroused but afraid to act on her desire or simply too flustered to string together complete sentences.

Ultimately, Neve has been taught to suppress who she is, and she needs to learn not only how to live as herself, but also how to determine her own values and then live by them.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Have run games of both, though it's been a while for DW
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Almost daily

Hope you like her, and I'm flexible about any and all details! She could easily fit into a Fighter playbook or even a Ranger. I'm not familiar with all of the fan playbooks, though I think I have Class Warfare in a moving box somewhere. I'm really excited about the opportunity to play in a sapphic group, especially as I see a mind control theme emerging... I'm also going to keep looking for blushy calico catgirl art to use as an avatar, but I wanted to get the application in sooner rather than later. I do wonder if the holy order made her wear a bell to keep her from sneaking around, though.

Nastara