The Focal Point (Fantasy Freeform, bring your coolest characters)

Started by Vaulera, October 25, 2011, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

In the heart of a hollowed mountain lies twelve doors. These doors lead to the worlds of twelve different people. Their power limitless, their wrath indescribable. The Hollow mountain is the Focal point of twelve worlds, bringing in twelve godly figures of different races to do battle and win glory. Each and every person may do what they like with their defeated opponent, whether it be execution, draining or enslavement. Those who lose are held in a pit, to be summoned again once the tournament passes and the next begins. To be crowned the champion of the hallowed arena, ten wins are required. Why they were brought? That remains a mystery. For now.

Stupid introduction aside, I want to start a heavily character influenced roleplay based around the Idea of a tournament (the reason is the overarching plot to keep the characters interested and involved) that brings together 12 people who are extremely potent in abilities (please don't make it too ridiculous. The Idea of the different worlds thing is to give a large amount of leeway in creation of character. I can help tailor the abilities to a reasonable level, but you must have an interesting bio. This is the character template:

Appearance: (pic or description, if multiple pictures, put on the bottom)

Name:

Race:

Abilities:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Bio:

The fight won't be restricted just to the mountain, but a magical border in let's say a ten mile radius would prevent leaving.

Mountain:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Rhaegar14

Oooooo... my Spellscale Jade Phoenix Mage character might be fun for this one... :D
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Vaulera

Feel free to fill the first position. Make the sheet and I will see if it is at the right sort of level.

Rhaegar14

How detailed do you want me to get? This is a D&D character I played to level 6 and had loosely planned to level 21 (and he was eventually supposed to get to 30).
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Vaulera

As detailed as you want and then we will go from there. Being a freeform project the abilities will be completely qualitative.

Drake Valentine

*Tilts head to one side.*

So, this still has adult themes?

Just asking, given 'do whatever they like' part. Was more curious since I been wanting to play one of my more favorable creations, but I don't want him directly involved in adult themes.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vaulera

It is personal choice really, but I imagine most people would. You are free to play without it, but there is no "death" persay.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

SargentToughie

The premise seems rather interesting, somewhat familiar to a setting that I've actually done a few times in the past, but I don't know if I'm all that comfortable with going complete and total god mode in any sort of battle setting. Bad things tend to happen when people aren't given any set amount of rules to play by.

It's just not fun when two people are constantly trying to trump with one another's awesomeness, while both sides outright refuse to show any kind of weakness or personality in their players.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Cythieus

This is really an interesting concept, but I would like to know what exactly we're working with in terms of character power levels before I jump in with someone too week or far too strong to be challenged.