Interest Check: Halo

Started by Question Mark, July 12, 2010, 02:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Halo, Halo, Halo....  Easily my favorite video game series in existence.  The gameplay, the memories, the immensity, the sense of discovery, of awe, of fear, of sorrow.  Leaping out of a cavern, Warthog skidding over dewy grass, and spotting a lone jackal patrolling a distant hilltop.  Gazing downrange through the scope of my SR2, delicately maneuvering the crosshair until it rests on a spot of air where a patrolling elite's head will soon be.  Sprinting across open ground, plasma and bullets cratering the surrounding terrain, and pumping out shotgun shells as fast as I can, until all I can hear is an ominous click click click from the empty magazine.  The perfect mix of intense combat, adrenaline fueled suspense, and awe inspiring beauty.

Whew.

I'm looking for a dedicated few, 2 or 3 MAXIMUM, to help me explore a slice of the Halo universe.  What that slice is, I'm still pondering, but I'm 100% willing to hear ideas.  (PROTIP: That's why this is an interest check atm.  :P )

A few things....
1.) When I say the "dedicated few", I mean people who will be dedicated.  I mean actually dedicated, not Elliquiy dedicated.  People who will still be doing this RP in one month or one year, if it lasts that long.  If you have a tendency to drop out of RPs for whatever reason, this one ain't for you.
2.) I don't actually think this RP could last a year, but you never know.  XD
3.) To better facilitate the progress of the RP, it will be freeform, but if any disagreements or "muddied waters" arise, I reserve the right to resolve them.
4.) Being E, I know most of you like to involve sex in your RP.  This roleplay may or may not include erotica, but if it does, it will NOT be the focus.  It will be a natural progression of the plot and character interaction.
5.) Decent writing skills are required.  Length is irrelevant, as long as the quality of the post is good.  This includes proper GPS.  I'm looking at you, REDACTED.
6.) You should be familiar with Halo lore.  If not, or if there's anything you're unsure of, there are tons of websites around where you can quickly look something up.
6.)a. This will be a canon accurate RP.
7.) As mentioned earlier, I'm open, actually, requesting ideas and plot concepts from you guys.  They can involve the games directly, or take place in the expanded universe.  They could involve Flood, Covenant, Forerunner, or just be humans only.  We'll toss a few ideas around and settle on something that feels mutually agreeable.