Arpeggio of Blue Steel Recruitment Thread (new Players welcome!)

Started by Mac84, January 16, 2014, 08:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

Quote from: Eliteempire on April 08, 2015, 05:33:29 PM
Major, sense from what I've seen so far. Could you perhaps help me with picking one of the ships then? I know a lot about Carriers and Fletcher class, Tanks and Air craft. But nothing for Navy... What would be a better pick the remaining Pennsylvania - Steel state is best state - Or another? I prefer heavy firepower and armor without regards for Speed and only some fear of Subs.

Also, As for my other questions?

All right then; first off, what navy do you want to draw from? The USN, Royal Navy, IJN, Regia Marina, Marine Nationale?

Then, what type of ship? Battleship, aircraft carrier, heavy cruiser, light cruiser, destroyer, submarine? Or even an auxiliary?

Quote from: Eliteempire on April 08, 2015, 05:09:04 PM
1. Would that a be a No no then, sense its not been proven or disprove yet? And Bismarck is a female ;-; Germany noooo.

2. Have Both PA-class warships been taken yet or is that too high of a class allowed for PC's?

3. Awesome

4. How long do you think that may or may not take as I've not actually used such a large board before. All the other ones have been at max maybe 20 people.

1. So far in canon, all FoF ships have had female Mental Models- but then again, all our characters are a bit.... off, so maybe you can bend the canon a bit, esp if you had a big battleship, with the power to run two Mental Models.

2. The USS Arizona is taken already (by Mac), but the USS Pennsylvania is available, as are most of the US battleships aside from the Iowa's, South Dakota's and possibly North Carolina's.

3. You're welcome.

4. It should not take long; in fact, once you make up a bio, and get them approved, why not introduce your ship girl just cruising around, and one of us detects her?

Eliteempire

Quote from: Major Major on April 08, 2015, 05:43:11 PM
All right then; first off, what navy do you want to draw from? The USN, Royal Navy, IJN, Regia Marina, Marine Nationale?

Then, what type of ship? Battleship, aircraft carrier, heavy cruiser, light cruiser, destroyer, submarine? Or even an auxiliary?

I would like a Battleship, or Aircraft Carrier though I've never seen airplanes under the control of FOG vessels. I was thinking German or American warships due too the heavy armor and weapons. My friend tossed Tirpitz in, but I dunno if that would be approved.

Quote from: Major Major on April 08, 2015, 05:43:11 PM
1. So far in canon, all FoF ships have had female Mental Models- but then again, all our characters are a bit.... off, so maybe you can bend the canon a bit, esp if you had a big battleship, with the power to run two Mental Models.

2. The USS Arizona is taken already (by Mac), but the USS Pennsylvania is available, as are most of the US battleships aside from the Iowa's, South Dakota's and possibly North Carolina's.

3. You're welcome.

4. It should not take long; in fact, once you make up a bio, and get them approved, why not introduce your ship girl just cruising around, and one of us detects her?

1. I was thinking of that, maybe start off as a female char and swap too a male because it appeared better or some reason. I'm weird when it comes too this type of stuff sadly, or If Mac lets me start off male. I did kinda plan on a twin Mental unit.

2. That's... odd, I always thought the Pennsylvania would be marked off as well.

4. That'd be cool, Though any chance of a quick summary of whats going on and... where the posting is even happening?

Major Major

It's mentioned in Chapter 62 or so that the Fog used to use aircraft, but their air wings took a hammering in the Last Great Naval Battle in 2039, and most of the carriers retired their air wings; they can bring them back if they choose to though.

I'm not entirely sure what they do with Tirpitz; she's not mentioned in canon, but given that the writers draw parallels to real life (The fleet that protects Yamato being the same ships that sailed with her on Operation Ten-Go, and that there was a force of British-outline Fog warships that matched up to Force Z operating in south-east Asia), then it's quite possible that Tirpitz is currently sitting in a fjord in Norway.

As for the canon ships, they're mostly IJN in the manga. The only ones we've seen that were not Japanese were Bismarck, U-2501, U-181/I-501, HMS Repulse, HMAS Vampire and possibly HMS Archer; that said, there was a panel in the first chapter that showed a distant shot of a Fog ship; from the way it was framed by the dialogue, there was an implication that it was an American Fog ship, possibly an Omaha-class scout cruiser or similar.

Eliteempire

well do you think the Tirpitz would be a go then, sense its not made an 'in' canon appearance as of it and also matches my requirements?

Also in the Anime -if your counting that as lore- They show an entire American task force which gets purged by Konego using a massive Super gravity canon.

Major Major

You'll need to ask Mac about if the anime is fitted in; but as far as I'm concerned, I see no problem with using the Tirpitz as it stands.

Eliteempire

Then I shall claim the Tirpitz in the name of the Elite Empire unless Mac says otherwises. The Tirpitz will be along way from home sadly.

Unless somebody has something better/greater then this?

Major Major

Which makes sense, when you look into the manga, and see that the Fog is... well... I'm not sure whether to give spoilers or not.

Eliteempire

Go ahead, I can't currently purchase the Manga anyway. I enjoy it all and if not, Well I'll wiki it later.

Major Major

Well, the rough outline is that, ever since the Fog started developing Mental Models en masse about two years ago, they've become more and more human, and now the Fog is starting to split and factionalise.

So far there's three groups that we know of:

*Supreme Flagship Yamato's group, who are going to follow their orders to blockade humanity and at the same time search for the Admiralty Code.

*Superbattleship Musashi's group (Yamato's sister), who have allied themselves with Shouzo Chihaya (the father of Gunzou, the male lead) who is involving himself in the War in Europe for his own unknown reasons- Bismarck seems to be part of this group.

*Fleet Flagship Hood's group, who splintered off and are in semi-open rebellion against Musashi's group.

Eliteempire

So rebellion everywhere, And where does this Rp group fit into everything? I've seen we are positioned somewhere in the pacific -far as I got currently-

Major Major

Officially designated Fleet Detachment 224, our characters were assigned to guard a re-purposed human base that was being used as a supply depot for the Fog; but then, while Fleet Detachment Flagship Arizona was sending a regular status update, something screwy happened and they lost contact with their liaison; so now they've set out to look for them.

On the way, they've made some new friends and allies, and had a few battles; they've visited Pearl Harbour, and are now, I think, heading for the Galapagos Islands.

Eliteempire

How long would you say we had our mental units, months or years?? And that's abit closer then the location I thought the fleet currently was.

Major Major

We've had the Mental Models for about two years, like most of the Fleet has.

As for the exact location, ask Mac, he's the bossman in this.

Eliteempire

So enough time for my BS excuse of having a Male Mental model if Mac allows it. I'm already thinking up a wonky backstory for everything and why i'm so far from home.

Major Major

Yeah; though if I might offer an idea?

Since Bismarck has two MM's, you could have two yourself, and just handwave that the male one is more active than the female one.

As for what you're doing out here in the boonies, how about saying Musashi sent you out here on a mission for whatever reason.

Eliteempire

I was, I was thinking of a Twin system. Where one is always online and the other is in maintenance or something of the sort. Like a weird Family unit, One only really needs to be awake for normal ship operations anyway. Though it works at only 50% power.

I was thinking more about getting expelled from the FOG fleet and then Musashi due to refusing an order or something. A lot of the Captains under Musashi's captains name are mean to their mental units it seems.

Major Major

Well, we've only seen Zordon Stark as one of them, but yeah, he is a jerk; though it seems he has softened (very slightly) from his first appearance.

Eliteempire

I clearly misread then about it. But ya, So I'll had killed the 'former' Captain because he tried something we didn't agree with. Its will be very interesting playing as Dual Characters when combat comes around.

Major Major

Sounds fair; just run it by Mac for his approval first.

Eliteempire

Should I PM it too him, or does he often just read through this public request/forum?

Mac84

Story summary:

Approximently 16-17 years ago, after the last great UN Battle, The Fleet of Fog ship, Arizona was assigned to guard a isolated island in a remote part of the Pacific that has been repurposed to be a Supply Hub for Fog's Nanomaterial Supply. For three years, Arizona guarded the Island per Supreme Flagship Yamato's orders. After three years, more, and more ships started to be assigned to the Island.

Ships assigned:
Arizona
Suzuya
Effingham
Shimakaze
Fuso
Texas
Arashi
I-8
Bayern (Most Recent)
(Can't remember if I forgot anyone)

Their is also a Italian Heavy Cruiser along (Please forgive me Major, But I can't remember her name) however, she is not attacted to the fleet.

After a "Routine" Patrol, Acting Flagship Arizona, in reporting the results of the Patrol received a distressing error message. Prompting her, and the others to leave the island to investigate.

Along the way, they befriend, and encounter the Destroyer Mizuki, as well as the FoF Supply Ship Abbeydale. Along the way, the encountered a Mysterious Hostile Fog force led by the BS Howe with an "invitation" from her benefactor.

After the battle, The fleet continued to where they arrived at the Hawaiian islands, and befriended the carrier Ranger. (Player playing Ranger no longer participating in RP)

Leaving the hawaiian islands they continue southeast to their destination of the Galapogos islands.

Close to the Coast of South America, the Fleet runs into another FoF fleet led by the French Battleship Jean-Bart. It is found out that the FoF ships pursuing Arizona and her feet are under the command of the mysterious Shinano. Another battle ensues in witch Jean-Bart, and her two "Pets" A couple of Atlanta class Cruisers are taken prisoner. Mizuki has Departed the fleet to pursue her own goals. Abby, is presently repairing damage sustained in the fight.

(end Summary)

As for the Mental Models being all girls: the answer is Yes, and Haruna explains why in the Anime. Stating that Humanity as always referred to ships as Female.

Posting expectatons are whenever you can. No real Rush, but I ask that you do make an effort.

No WWII Ships (Post 1940 construction). (WWI, WWI Re-fits, Pre-WWII please. But any nationality is open (US, French, Russian, German, British, Etc.)

We're about to reach the Galopagos Islands, that would be an excellent place for you to enter the story. and I have an idea about how to do that. If you want, I can PM you about it.

As for the Manga, Here is a link for ya:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Aoki-Hagane-no-Arpeggio

Will have to research Tirpitz,

For Story Line, I generally refer to the Mangas over the series.

Sessha

He often does check the boards so no worries, but you can still PM if you like. Case in point that rather nice timeline post he just made

I was kind of hoping you would have taken Pennsylvania, cause then I could call your character Penny for short!  ;D ;D ;D
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Eliteempire

Quote from: Sessha on April 08, 2015, 07:19:29 PM
He often does check the boards so no worries, but you can still PM if you like. Case in point that rather nice timeline post he just made

I was kind of hoping you would have taken Pennsylvania, cause then I could call your character Penny for short!  ;D ;D ;D

If Mac rejects the glory known as Tirpitz, I'll ride along in the PA sense I truly don't know any other ships besides Japanese's ones and most of them are already lore controlled.

I also pmed Mac about it. I didn't want to be rude so I had held off sense Major was so helpful.

Major Major

Sessha

Hell if you wanted to you could play them both. Pretty much everyone here has two characters they play.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!