Adventurers Wanted! The Games must go on! (D&D 5e)

Started by Inerrant Lust, March 02, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Are you tired of living in fear that maybe that HOUSECAT is going to slit your throat while you sleep?
Are you tired of earning one silver piece a day doing unskilled labor while all the cool people go out on ADVENTURES?
Do you want to go out and earn THOUSANDS OF GOLD PIECES for HALF A DAY'S WORK?
Do you want to slay DRAGONS, bed foreign maidens, and plunder ancient dungeons?

If you said YES to any of these questions, you are eligible to be taken on contract in a local adventurer's guild TODAY. For just 10 insignifigant gold pieces each, Rygar & Morvald Adventuring Guild Agency will set you up with a client and a sponsor to begin adventuring THE VERY NEXT DAY. Parties in excess of three members get a 2 gold discount!

The age of peril has long passed. The goodly races no longer fear invasion from the drow, orcs, or any villages being destroyed by fearsome dragons. Most of the dangers facing the world today are only dangerous when one seeks them out. A proper dragon slaying hasn't happened in over eighty years, and heroes and adventurers, once the only thing keeping the world from complete destruction, have now become a mere novelty. Adventuring has become nothing more than a sport, an industry unto itself.

Most adventurers have a sponsor, who pays for the expenses of their quests for publicity and endorsement and occasionally a cut of any profits made from the adventure. Often one takes a quest from a client, usually a powerful nobleman... though it could be anyone willing to pay. Some quests are for personal gain to the client, while others are to rid the world of a menace. ...but most are simply for amusement. These quests are often recorded magically, so that these heroes could be cheered on and rooted for as they adventure. Adventurers tend to play characters, bad boys or good girls, heels and faces. Blood is shed, but often the favorites will never die.

Millions of gold pieces are exchanged every day in this industry. Those nobles who hold public broadcasts will often sell advertising rights to businesses during these adventures, others bet and gamble on the result. Sometimes the most arbitrary challenges are thrown into the quest. Once, a half-giant fighter was offered the chance to double her cash reward if she could complete her quest in nothing but a loin cloth and a chainmail bikini. She accepted, slaying the otyugh cluster and winning the hearts of all who witnessed her wardrobe malfunction in real time.

Unfortunately for most spectators, Blackwood's Familial Consideration Commission (FCC) levied harsh fines against the heroine, her sponsor and her client, as well as restricting future challenges to 'Gear of an armor category of no less than light cannot be wagered, unless magically enchanted for the sake of modesty.'

Not long after, a more 'adult-friendly' venue of adventuring began to circulate throughout the civilized world.

You, and your new found friends, are adventuring hopefuls or amateur adventurers without much experience yet.

Looking for: A mostly female adventuring party, with perhaps one token male.

A variety would be awesome. It would be neat for a genuine do-gooder paladin seeking to punish wicked monsters adventuring alongside someone who just wants to become a 'pro adventuring superstar' or someone who is just in it for the money. Not just classes and personalities but races and such.

Afterall, the crowd loves anyone who stands out... whether for being genuinely skilled or just having a lot of flashy moves and charm. Unusual adventurers attract more attention, earning them greater publicity and better sponsors and clients in the future. Most have resorted to just acting out and being eccentric... although without any real skill, you can only go so far.

What will seperate this party from all the others is two things; the 'characters' become popular... and they are actually competent in a fight and don't just fight kobolds constantly for an easy show.

All the mechanics details haven't been decided yet. Low to mid level. Party of maybe 4 or 5, all female save one token male, perhaps two if the party is large. Setting is high semi-utopian fantasy; floating cities, exotic wizards and renaissance-esque tech, everybody's mostly happy. As said above, most of the baddies have been pushed out of the ordinary's citizens concerns. If you want trouble, you have to go looking for it. That being said, there's a lot of dark places in the world, demons and devils and ancient evils.... just that most of them aren't anywhere near the goodly races. And the adventuring league is constantly hunting down exotic beasts and evildoers for sport.

Mostly light-hearted, though with a bit of seriousness here and there. Oh, and lots of sex.

ExisD

I'm definitely interested in this game especially given how much fun the first incarnation was.

Probably going to play someone who wants to gain fame from it, but I'm not sure of anything beyond that.

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Chulanowa

Kunoichi

I'd be interested in participating as well.

Edit: And after flipping through the Player's Handbook for ideas for character concepts, the first one that sprang to mind was to play a Tiefling Paladin.  Oath of Devotion and the Knight background (an optional alternate take on the Noble background), and I'd play her as someone who's very serious and tries to be devout and pure, but who keeps accidentally winding up in a variety of absurd sexual situations (potentially as a result of the blood of her succubus grandmother subtly influencing the way people react to her).

All of this would suit the noble lady whose house she serves and who acts as her manager just fine, however, as said noblewoman would have a habit of living out her various sexual fantasies and desires vicariously through her poor, unlucky fiendblooded Knight.

CeruleanSerenity

Absolutely 100% interested in this. I'm not sure yet what I'll play... but I like most of 5e's classes and I have plenty of ideas rolling around in my head, so coming up with concepts won't be a problem. Not like deciding between them.

ExisD

Right now I'm leaning toward half-elf warlock. A noble, the youngest daughter of a mid-ranked family who would have a political marriage and dull life of household management ahead of her if she hadn't made a pact. Instead she gets to go out and experience all of the thrills that were denied to her when she was supposed to be a proper young lady.

Of course, not all of her lessons were about being proper. There are a large number of improper things that she was expected to know about if only to protect herself and use them a weapons if she needed to. Weapons that can be wielded for more fame once she has the opportunity.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Laughing Hyena

Finally! It's back! I loved this campaign! Let me in please!

Chulanowa

Looking at something weird, like a Dwarf bard or Rogue, or a Halfling monk or wizard. Or who knows what. Something to brain over while I sleep

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Depending on what sort of party makeup we wind up getting, I might also try a different character, instead of the Paladin.  She's a character that I had fun with in a previous 5th edition game here on Elliquiy, a Halfling Rogue named Euphemia 'Yuffi' Lovelace.

For this particular setting, she'd take the Arcane Trickster specialty, and would be a former barmaid and occasional wizard's apprentice who took one look at the advertisement in the opening post, answered an enthusiastic yes to every question on it, and then rushed off to become an adventurer without really thinking too hard about the consequences. (Wisdom was her dump stat in the previous game, you see.)

One of the advantages for picking her to play as is that I already have a good picture ready...

Laughing Hyena

Chulanowa

Muse

I'd like to play too, but it seems like there's already a lot of interest and I don't want to overcrowd. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Etherealgirl

Dibs on Elf Assassin if accepting new players. :)

CeruleanSerenity

Considering the characters others are considering... I'm currently leaning towards a cleric, probably life domain but light is an option too. A priestess of Sharess or some similar deity (do you have a set pantheon for this setting? Or will we be allowed to come up with our own?), someone who is in it for the gold... only not for herself, but for her temple, and anyone else she could use it to help. The attention it gets her doesn't hurt either. She'll probably be a bit of an exhibitionist. Someone caring and sultry, deeply interested in making sure everyone has a good time, always there to provide healing and moral support for the group and plenty of sex appeal for anyone watching (not that the party will be lacking it).

Other ideas, just in case...

A gladiator and show fighter of some sort, probably fighter or bard, but barbarian might work too - someone who takes the job of adventurer because her old work was wearing a bit thin. As much as she liked it, she thought there had to be something even more exciting out there, you know? Something that would really get her some attention. Probably a show-off prone to over-acting and theatrics, even at inappropriate times, but essentially a good person at heart.

Or a sorcerer, dragon bloodline, someone whose dragon blood manifested more strongly in her than others, bringing certain... urges with it. No, not those kinds of urges. It's more about gold. ...Okay, maybe those kinds of urges too. She wouldn't say no to having a harem along with her hoard. Princesses preferred. There are plenty of those laying around, right? Regardless. Being from a dispossessed noble family, she always felt cheated of the wealth and power that she felt were her right, and when she heard of this adventuring guild... well, they were promising her just about everything she wanted. And she loves being the center of attention. How could she say no?

Etherealgirl

I'm going with a mute elf assassin. Maybe on loan from an assassin's guild for the group adventuring party. Small, nimble and deadly.

ShadowFox89

I was planning on an elf assassin myself, a longbow user who prefers to snipe targets. Perhaps rivals?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Etherealgirl

Maybe rivals from the same Assassin guild!? :D

Inerrant Lust

There's too many awesome ideas. :P

I may just have to have more than one group...

CeruleanSerenity

Would the groups exist in the same universe? Because I'm imagining that could be a lot of fun... going on separate adventures but having a chance to interact with each other during any mutual downtime, and maybe even sharing information and working together indirectly on particularly difficult missions, splitting up to take on threats from different angles and the like. But maybe that would be a lot of work.

Oh, and my second idea could work fine for a wizard or sorcerer too, in addition to fighter or bard... the gladiator background part isn't as important as the show-off thrillseeker looking for greater adventure, in my mind. She could be a performer too. I could be tempted to play a druid as well, with how I love shapeshifting and the connection to nature could be a good excuse to have fun with her being all "I only refuse to wear clothes because that's nature's way! I'm not just showing off for our viewers!", but I would need to think on that more. (And there's no reason I can't do something similar to the latter with a cleric, I guess... and maybe even paladin, if I could customize an oath a bit...)

MiraMirror

Expressing interest! I need to look at the PDF, but I'd love to play a showy grappler who performs for fame/honor, really getting the audience excited.  Either that, or some kind of celestial-blooded swindler claiming to possess divine powers... =p
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Autocad

Posting interest first, brainstorming character ideas =D

Inerrant Lust

Yes, that would be my intention, CeruleanSerenity. One of the ideas I had was of a giant competition that brings adventurers in from around the globe, and both teams could be participating at the same time. ...Though the problem is with that I have a plot arc in mind, one which very much puts the characters involved in 'main character' status of the world's setting. :P Having multiple groups share that role might be... difficult.

As you can tell, the big angle of this whole setting is more or less that you are pro wrestlers. Therefore, characters who play to the angle that they are participants in a spectator sport will go a long way towards being accepted. :P

Laughing Hyena

How about a stipperific (for the ladies gaze) male half-elf with a big frigging claymore?

DomJoe

I know there's alot of interest for this RP already, but I'm throwing my hat into here as well. Maybe a monk character who needs to get quick coin in order to keep her dojo in business, possibly to advertise it a bit better as well.

Off topic: Laughing Hyena, did you use to go to the Legend of Krystal forums? I'm certain I've seen the same user name and profile pic there as well.

Inerrant Lust

A long time ago, I made an Elliuki page. I have since culled a lot from it and updated it to 5e... but expect some of the lore to be different. Essentially, there is the addition of a new 'player race' that is the greenskins. They foresaw the Games occurring and decided to establish themselves as 'people' and not just bags of loot/XP. As a result, they are one of the biggest nations around- a confederation of races including goblins, orcs, half-orcs, hobgoblins, giants, trolls, wargs, ect. They are also the most spiritual people in the world, their society revolving around priestesses and the paladins who protect them.

Clerics and Paladins exist in other cultures, but there has been a steady decline in the active worship of Gods since Gaming has become a thing...  ::)

The Pantheon is not anything established, but you can assume a God exists for most every domain. Feel free to home-brew what you'd like.

Also, I should note... teleportation and plane-shifting magic is extremely and unusually difficult to learn. Most of them are impossible to learn or cast except for the following; Arcane Gate, Blink, Contact Other Plane, Demiplane, Planar Ally and Planar Binding (Fiends only), Transport via plants, Word of Recall.

Teleport still functions, but you are considered three steps less 'familiar' with the location you are teleporting to. IE; Going to a permanent teleportation circle is 'on target' on a roll of 54-100, while teleporting to an area you have seen casually will, at best, end up in a similar area on a roll of 51-100. You cannot teleport to an area you have seen once or been given a description of.

This is why there is a business for new adventurers, as travelling long distances is in fact quite a journey by itself.

Also, the primary method of watching the games is via a Scrying spell. It's been attuned to various items that are able to hone in on your 'signal' and broadcast them on huge three dimensional projectors that are in the center of large amphitheater-like structures. Many variations of the spell exist, allowing for a variety of angles and shots and methods of viewing.

For now, feel free to consider the starting level as 1. I might go higher... but I will probably do away with XP entirely and just award a level after every encounter.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Looking through that Elluiki page, it could be interesting to make Yuffi as a Hobling...

Anybody have any suggestions for a background that might fit the 'barmaid-turned-adventurer' concept I've got going for her?  The closest one I can think of is Urchin, but that one doesn't quite fit right. ^^;

Inerrant Lust

Entertainer could certainly work. Also, shame on you for tempting me with a halfling. ;)

How could I resist, when exploring size difference/contrast is one of my favorite kinks?  ::)

Edit: Also, it's been a few generations since the greenskins had begun making determined efforts to 'civilize' themselves. Their culture is very renaissance italy-esque. Expect a lot of flair and pomp and ceremony.. but many of them are just a brutal as they were before, except super elegant about it. And no more charisma penalties. They've cleaned up a bit and can be considered more aesthetically pleasing to look at. Their cave-dwelling cousins to the east are probably still gap-toothed, chewed up, or diseased... but those that have experienced the increase in standard of living provided by a permanent agrarian lifestyle....

And more like or or this.

Also, totally unrelated... but this...

ExisD

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 04, 2015, 12:07:36 AM
Hmm.  Looking through that Elluiki page, it could be interesting to make Yuffi as a Hobling...

Anybody have any suggestions for a background that might fit the 'barmaid-turned-adventurer' concept I've got going for her?  The closest one I can think of is Urchin, but that one doesn't quite fit right. ^^;

Umm, folk hero would be easily justified. The hero part coming in if she took part in bar brawls to help people out.

Entertainer could work if she also did dancing, not necessarily sexy dancing, or music to entertain people during slow nights.

Kunoichi

Mechanically, the Folk Hero background is more of a 'farmer or blacksmith's apprentice becomes hero' type of deal, though Entertainer could certainly work.  That one wouldn't quite be a perfect fit either, but I suppose it's a better fit overall. ^^;

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 12:15:44 AM
Also, shame on you for tempting me with a halfling. ;)

How could I resist, when exploring size difference/contrast is one of my favorite kinks?  ::)

Technically she'll be half-goblin here, but I will admit that the possibilities for size difference/contrast are part of why I picked her out to play in the first place. ;)

Inerrant Lust

Well, the start of the chapter has rules for changing backgrounds around so I would say feel free to go nuts with it. ;)

When you get down to it, you're all entertainers, really...

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Perhaps I could replace the musical instrument proficiency with proficiency in cook's utensils?  I could also replace the musical instrument the background gives me with those, and replace the By Popular Demand feature with Rustic Hospitality, from the Folk Hero background.  After those few changes, the resulting background would be pretty much perfect for my character. ^^

Edit: Well, if the above changes get approved, then Yuffi is ready to go.

Edit2: Also, if anyone is having trouble coming up with a character concept for this game, might I bring up a potentially interesting suggestion?

I'd love to see someone play as a nudist Monk in a game like this one. :P

Laughing Hyena

So orc are a bit more civilized now? It gives me an idea for a swashbuckling orc. Cheesy as it is something about a snarky orc baiting his opponents into advantages just sounds awesome.

Kunoichi

That sounds like a Dexterity-based Fighter who takes on the Battlemaster archetype. ^^ Pick up maneuvers like Goading Attack, Disarming Attack, Parry, Riposte...  Though, it would also work for a Strength-based Fighter if you're willing to wear heavier armor.

Rhaegar14

Oooh. I see tons of interest already, but this looks fun. Plus, I've had a build idea floating around my head. PLUS plus, I've been trying to roleplay more female characters lately.

ExisD, did you have any more specific ideas for your Warlock? I was thinking something along similar lines. While her background would be different ENOUGH, it would be no fun if we were playing mechanically the same character, and you did beat me to the punch on interest.

My idea was for a Fiend Pact Bladelock, with a liiiiiittle bit of Fighter thrown in for proficiencies (though it's incorporated into the fluff). Fluff wise, she had always wanted to participate in the games, but never got really far as a low-level Fighter. One day she encountered an imp during a Game, which offered to negotiate a Pact between her and its master in exchange for its freedom. Knowing that the extra magical power could help her go far in the Games and take her career to the next level, she eagerly accepted. Personality-wise, she's charismatic and flamboyant, very dedicated to putting on a good show. Racially I was ALSO gonna roll Half-Elf, but variant Human (or maybe something else, I'd have to poke through PHB) will do fine too.

Mechanically, she's supposed to hit things with her greatsword and live basically forever with temporary hit points from the Fiendish Vigor invocation and Dark One's Blessing feature (plus a good chunk of extra toughness from the Fighter dip). Spell selection would emphasize buffs and utility, maybe with some of the Fiend spells' blasting thrown in for AoE and ranged combat.

EDIT: I also have the beginnings of an idea for a Ranger character if the above doesn't work, a pragmatic companion for Kunoichi's Yuffi that always gets dragged into trouble by her friend.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Etherealgirl

So why level do we start off at and how do you want character submissions?

ExisD

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on March 04, 2015, 02:29:22 AM
Oooh. I see tons of interest already, but this looks fun. Plus, I've had a build idea floating around my head. PLUS plus, I've been trying to roleplay more female characters lately.

ExisD, did you have any more specific ideas for your Warlock? I was thinking something along similar lines. While her background would be different ENOUGH, it would be no fun if we were playing mechanically the same character, and you did beat me to the punch on interest.

My idea was for a Fiend Pact Bladelock, with a liiiiiittle bit of Fighter thrown in for proficiencies (though it's incorporated into the fluff). Fluff wise, she had always wanted to participate in the games, but never got really far as a low-level Fighter. One day she encountered an imp during a Game, which offered to negotiate a Pact between her and its master in exchange for its freedom. Knowing that the extra magical power could help her go far in the Games and take her career to the next level, she eagerly accepted. Personality-wise, she's charismatic and flamboyant, very dedicated to putting on a good show. Racially I was ALSO gonna roll Half-Elf, but variant Human (or maybe something else, I'd have to poke through PHB) will do fine too.

Mechanically, she's supposed to hit things with her greatsword and live basically forever with temporary hit points from the Fiendish Vigor invocation and Dark One's Blessing feature (plus a good chunk of extra toughness from the Fighter dip). Spell selection would emphasize buffs and utility, maybe with some of the Fiend spells' blasting thrown in for AoE and ranged combat.

EDIT: I also have the beginnings of an idea for a Ranger character if the above doesn't work, a pragmatic companion for Kunoichi's Yuffi that always gets dragged into trouble by her friend.

I had been thinking bladelock as well, but a 'refined noble' girl's take on combat. As a fey pact a shimmering rapier and beguiling enchantments used in conjunction with a burst of rainbows are her weapons. High dex and con with a spell focus on debuffs and save or suck/save or loses.

I think we'd almost play like different classes considering the different ideas.

Chulanowa

So, how are attributes being done, rolling, point buy...?

Autocad

I would like to express interest with a mahou shoujo, complete with transformation sequences, cute catchphrases, an animal-like mentor/mascot/alien mastermind energy company employee, overpowered magic beams of friendship, the works.

Mechanics wise, probably either a warlock (patron: Great Old One) to round out the warlock trio or a sorcerer.

DomJoe

Quote from: Autocad on March 04, 2015, 10:26:18 AM
I would like to express interest with a mahou shoujo, complete with transformation sequences, cute catchphrases, an animal-like mentor/mascot/alien mastermind energy company employee, overpowered magic beams of friendship, the works.

Mechanics wise, probably either a warlock (patron: Great Old One) to round out the warlock trio or a sorcerer.

Too legit for words, especially the patron... (shudders)

If it starts tagging along on adventures, don't be surprised if my character punches it in the face. Repeatedly.

Inerrant Lust

Point Buy of course.

How about... 30.

I will choose the group or groups based on party dynamics and who I feel would work well together. If you have particular requests, then by all means, request them. No one is guaranteed a spot, as I still am on the fence about whether or not I can manage two or more large groups. It will really depend on the characters.

I am considering starting with a few solo or duet adventures that will bring everyone to second level as a bit of a prologue to the time when the party is brought together. Will probably serve as foreshadowing some things or just building up to the first 'quest' :P

Kunoichi

Hmm, if only the 5e point buy rules allowed you to cap out at 16, rather than 15...  Ah well.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 04, 2015, 01:13:10 AM
Edit2: Also, if anyone is having trouble coming up with a character concept for this game, might I bring up a potentially interesting suggestion?

I'd love to see someone play as a nudist Monk in a game like this one. :P
Oh, fine... if you're going to tempt me like that...

I was pretty certain I was going to play a cleric, but I guess I'll have to add this to the list of ideas I'm considering. But I'll figure something out when I sit down and make a character properly...

(Should we go ahead with that now?)

Chulanowa

Also, are there options for like, monster races? beyond orcs / goblins? -Eyeballing my folder o' centaurs-

Etherealgirl

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 01:20:53 PM
Point Buy of course.

How about... 30.

I will choose the group or groups based on party dynamics and who I feel would work well together. If you have particular requests, then by all means, request them. No one is guaranteed a spot, as I still am on the fence about whether or not I can manage two or more large groups. It will really depend on the characters.

I am considering starting with a few solo or duet adventures that will bring everyone to second level as a bit of a prologue to the time when the party is brought together. Will probably serve as foreshadowing some things or just building up to the first 'quest' :P

How do you want us to send the character sheets?

DomJoe

I'm just about ready to send in my submission, just waiting for the good to go. I think I'll be covering the naked (wood elf) monk idea that's been pitched in this thread, if people don't mind that. :P

AndyZ

There's enough people jumping on this that I'll withdraw unless two games open up.  I tend to feel bad if there's too limited of space.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Etherealgirl

Dunno about monk, but I did mention naked elf druid.

CeruleanSerenity

No reason we can't have both!

I'll probably go with my cleric idea, then. Hopefully I can finish it all up tonight, when I have more time.

ExisD

Alright, here's what I've gotten so far for my idea.

Magdalena Condoleezza Deforest (a.k.a. Mags)
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fey-pact Warlock
Background: Noble

Appearance: Mags has always been told that she needs to dress for her station and always be impressive, in more than just her chest size. She keeps her very long red hair tied back whenever she's doing anything physically exerting and made sure to pick out an outfit that was both practically armored, but also capable of being very sexy when damaged. This is much easier to accomplish than it would normally be due to selecting weaker fabric for her undershirt and leggings, while her corset and jacket are properly armored.

Backstory: Mags was born the fifth child of a pair of minor nobles, both half-elves. Her elder brothers would inherit the family lands and her sisters had their choices of acceptable suitors with expensive dowries. She on the other hand would've had to accept whoever her parents could find if she didn't find a means of providing for herself.

Thankfully for her, an opportunity came on the eve of her seventeenth birthday. She had gone for a ride through the nearby forest and happened upon a magical lake. The fey spirits within dragged the girl off of her horse and introduced themselves in a very intimate manner. They offered many things, the most important of which was magical power. So long as she agreed to return to them every year, she would enjoy the blessings of the fae.

She accepted immediately.

For the next several years Mags would practice her magic, made heavy use of her parent's scrying sphere to watch the adventuring competitions, and return to the mystic pond for more tutelage. As the years passed her understanding grew, and with it her desire to leave her house behind and go off into the wilds to make her own fame. Eventually the secret of just what she had been doing on all of her trips to the forest came out and her decision was made for her. She had embarrassed her family and was no longer suited to be a proper wife, that meant her time had come.

She set out to find fame and fortune by the end of the week.

Of course, fame and fortune are hard to find, even if you know the names of all of the major producers and personally knew a few thanks to her family. Just knowing the names wasn't quite enough to get out of the silly newbie quests though.

Her first one was so stereotypical it almost hurt, go into this guys basement and kill the massive number of giant rats living in it. Considering almost all of her magical talents were focused on manipulating people, this was actually a very threatening challenge. In the end, she pulled through and completed the task with only a few bits and one long rip of her leggings.

The second was a bit worse. Take out a den of thieves, everything was going great until am enchantment she placed on the front guard wore off too soon. He grabbed a hold of her and nearly tore her clothing of by the time she put him down. The next thieves made their appreciation of her torn blouse known and received a blast of arcane energy to the face for their troubles.

Mags didn't care about showing skin so much as she cared about how it happened. If her top had been torn narrowly avoiding a strike that was one thing, but to forget how long her spell lasted? That was inexcusable.

She did put out feelers for potential partners after that particular issue, especially focusing on people who could watch her back or stand in front and take blows.

DomJoe

Welp, I might as well post my character, since everyone else is. There still is a bit of tweaking going on, but for now the core parts are finished.

Shala Sunbreeze (Character Sheet)

Appearance

Background: Shala was born into a family of martial artists (a mother, a father, and eventually a younger brother), ones who upheld a dojo known for its nature-based martial arts. It was also well known for some questionable commands and practices, including practicing with little to no clothing, as well as the "true expression of one's body". Despite these tenants, many who practiced at the dojo were upstanding fighters, learning how to improve themselves naturally. Shala would eagerly practice alongside her mother and father, and become a fierce martial artist herself, ready to take over the dojo when she came of age.

As time passed, her mother would die from an illness, and less and less people would start coming to the dojo to seek the easy fame and fortune that came from being an adventurer. It became harder and harder to seek out students who were able to handle the vigorous training, and who weren't just there to leer at the other practitioners. Shala eventually took over for her old man, but her presence did little to change things. Finally, she resorted to a desperate tactic: she would become an adventurer herself in order to promote her dojo, and raise enough money to keep it in business. She left the dojo in her brother's care, and set off to hopefully bring the dojo to fame and glory...

The Major Tenants of the Sunbreeze Dojo

1. Freedom of body, freedom of soul.
2. Denial and deception begets destruction.
3. Practice the true expression of one's body.
4. Indulgence corrupts the body; take only what you need to survive.
5. Perfection is the journey, not the destination.

rikka

Ack! Forgot to bookmark this! Looks like it's going into full gear.  Still room for one more?

Ons/Offs

Kunoichi

Quote from: rikka on March 04, 2015, 07:17:48 PM
Ack! Forgot to bookmark this! Looks like it's going into full gear.  Still room for one more?

From what the DM has said, I think it's not a first-come, first-serve thing.  So yes, there should still be more room. ^^

Inerrant Lust

Ack. I'm going over the whole thread as I figure out what to do... But what I would really like right now is for another DM to work beside, if I have as many players as it seems like I do. I don't want to refuse anyone, especially with all these awesome ideas... I will lay them out now so I can keep track.

DomJoe (Shala Sunbreeze, Wood-elf Monk)
ExisD (Magdalena 'Mags' Condoleezza Deforest, Half-elf Warlock)
Kunoichi (Euphemia 'Yuffi-hama' Lovelace, Hobling Rogue)
ThatOneShrroth (Fighter or... Cleric?)
CeruleanSerenity (Barbarian/Fighter or Wizard or Sorcerer..or Cleric?)
Etherealgirl (Elf Rogue or Druid)
Autocad (Warlock or Sorcerer)
Rhaegar14 (Fighter/Warlock or Ranger)

Laughing Hyena (Half-elf Fighter? Or Orc fighter. :P)

Okay... I'll go in reverse order for my responses;

Rikka; feel free to apply. I honestly am always looking to see more ideas, and I never refuse anyone for being too late to the game until I've decided on the groups. I see a few pairings of characters could work... but as you can see, there's also a lot of overlap- I can't very well put all the warlocks in the same group. :P

DomJoe; I am always somewhat reluctant about nudist characters. While this is a world built on somewhat a silly premise, it's not inherently silly. :P Adventuring is pretty much just television- and there are 'quests' geared towards kids and adults alike. I figure the PCs would be more mainstream, with a wide appeal. Though a few 'adult' scryings might circulate... their main fare comes from the masses. That, and outside of things like pornographic Games, people still have a sense of modesty and walking around in the nude would be considered a minor crime in most places. Even the Union, which is very liberal with sexuality, keeps it inside the Temple doors... ;) The aesthetic of the games IS very sexualized in many cases. There is an enchantment for armor that pretty much validates the trope. Many adventures are as sexualized as they can get without going into pornographic territory (intentionally, at least) because it sells.

All that being said, I love the premise and the backstory. It is exactly the sort of character I was hoping to attract- someone normally 'too serious' for the Games, one who uses their fighting ability for actual combat and not showy displays... but nontheless has to participate in the accomplishment of some end. I was hoping there would be a prim knight or a paladin that would be persuaded to wear a thong for the crowd, but as Shala is already something of a nudist- that's not so much a possibility. :P

ExisD: You always pick the strangest names.. :P But yeah, I should note there is a custom enchantment to armor that basically allows in-universe for it to be as revealing as needed, while retaining its properties. Many sponsors will probably buy this armor for their adventurers at no cost to them.. But yes, I like it. Though I do somewhat miss Ivette as well. ;)

CeruleanSerenity, Etherealgirl: Nobody else has offered a cleric or druid..  ::)

AndyZ: I would say propose an idea anyways. At the moment, I don't feel particularly comfortable with picking out any groups just yet.

Chulanowa: A lot of the monster races commonly associated with goblinoids and orcs and such already live in the Theocratic Union, the far east of the civilized world. Bordering that, the wildlands are host to a lot of monstrous humanoids or other mythological-type creatures. It's the fringe of the world and constantly the source of fresh adventures. People would be going there all the time to look for dragons, find new and exotic locales, or bring back creatures to breed for local adventures... centaurs included.

That being said, I don't know how I'd be able to gracefully handle a centaur in social settings. All them feets. :P The last time, schnookums briefly played a half-minotaur girl from those lands.

Autocad: Sounds wonderful. But the question is... is she really a magical girl or is it just her on-screen persona? These kinds of things, having a tie-in to the world's particular shtick, are what I am really looking for.

Rhaegar14: I would say.. we already do have a lot of warlocks. But I love the deal with the devil shtick. It is very much a thing I imagined would happen in this setting. A lot of people start doing more and more desperate things to maintain their celebrity status or become successful. There ARE 'underground' scryings which are basically gladiatorial deathmatches... just as there are adventures which is pretty much porn (To the extent that the adventurers are hired for the sex and the battles are terribly staged and full of kay-fabe.)

Laughing Hyena: Go for it. The orc idea, I mean. I think the Union is very slow to publicly support the Games, believing that they are a distraction from proper worship. The common people might already be all over it, but the clergy is hesitant. I am thinking that it is just beginning to have state-sponsored adventurers. Of course, a lot of them will be perfect examples of what 'proper' citizens ought to be. That doesn't mean that unaffiliated greenskins aren't already quite numerous in Gaming.

Kunoichi: You already know how I feel about the shortstacks. But yeah, the advertizement in the original post is not neccessarily the 'canon' thing that got everyone involved into the campaign, but it was there just to establish the setting and the tone I was going for. That being said, Yuffi seems like just the sort of character who would pounce on that sort of opportunity. :P

I should note, we might actually need more male submissions...  ::)

Phew... Did I miss anything?

ExisD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 08:04:02 PM
ExisD: You always pick the strangest names.. :P But yeah, I should note there is a custom enchantment to armor that basically allows in-universe for it to be as revealing as needed, while retaining its properties. Many sponsors will probably buy this armor for their adventurers at no cost to them.. But yes, I like it. Though I do somewhat miss Ivette as well. ;)

I do miss Ivette as well, but she's really much more of a high-magic and reasonably high level character type.

Also, almost all of my names come from here: http://www.behindthename.com/random/

It's one of my favorite sites because of how much I learn each time I have to come up with new ones. Leave everything on an roll until something that sounds right comes up.

Inerrant Lust

One of the things I'm struggling with is figuring out how your characters would first get involved in the business... and how they would set themselves apart from all the others. So when you are making them, do bear in mind that they'll be level 1 and the campaign may very well start with their first adventure ever.

Your typical sponsor at first level is something like a merchant. At that low a level, it isn't even usually being scryed and the client just wants a job done (My basement is infested with giant rats!) Alternatively, you could be an 'extra' on someone else's adventure... and just might suddenly find the spotlight.

So I might bump it up to 3 or so. Haven't decided. I wanted all the characters to be on the verge of that 'big break', the one 'role' they need to gain national attention. Hmm..

MiraMirror

Hum...is there a monk in 5e? I don't see one in the rules PDF.

AndyZ

The basic PDF only has some of the very basic stuff.  The actual book has all of the stuff, but costs money, while the PDF is free.

It's best to think of the PDF as a way to kick the tires and see how you like the game.

Inerrant Lust

There is. The link I sent you was the free version hosted by wizards, which has.. like.. only a handful of the classes. :P

What AndyZ said. ;)

DomJoe

A free pdf is floating around for the full book, but obviously you must search for that at your own risk.

As for concerns about my character, her tenants do allow her light and free flowing clothing, so she wouldn't be too miffed about covering herself up. Anything greater than that, and there will be problems, as she's not one to break the commandments of her dojo.

Kunoichi

Kunoichi: You already know how I feel about the shortstacks. But yeah, the advertizement in the original post is not neccessarily the 'canon' thing that got everyone involved into the campaign, but it was there just to establish the setting and the tone I was going for. That being said, Yuffi seems like just the sort of character who would pounce on that sort of opportunity. :P

It might not be canon for everyone, but I'm certainly hoping it will wind up being canon for how Yuffi gets involved in the games. :P A lighthearted, fun-loving, almost painfully-naive rookie, walking into the Adventurer's Guild one day with only the barmaid's uniform on her back and a pocketful of dreams...

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 08:21:18 PM
So I might bump it up to 3 or so. Haven't decided. I wanted all the characters to be on the verge of that 'big break', the one 'role' they need to gain national attention. Hmm..

I certainly wouldn't mind if we got bumped up to level 3 for our starting point.  Yuffi would actually have some spellcasting at that point, which would add a little more mechanical weight to the 'occasional Wizard's apprentice' part of her backstory. ^^

ExisD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 08:21:18 PM
One of the things I'm struggling with is figuring out how your characters would first get involved in the business... and how they would set themselves apart from all the others. So when you are making them, do bear in mind that they'll be level 1 and the campaign may very well start with their first adventure ever.

Your typical sponsor at first level is something like a merchant. At that low a level, it isn't even usually being scryed and the client just wants a job done (My basement is infested with giant rats!) Alternatively, you could be an 'extra' on someone else's adventure... and just might suddenly find the spotlight.

I'd also be happy with starting at level 3 since that would also give justification for Mags to know more about the local sponsors and have spent time gaining as much favor as she can, wardrobe malfunctions, fae charms, and all.

Inerrant Lust

So if we increased it to 3, how do you imagine your characters have been getting along in the world of adventuring- what kind of quests they did or what they're hoping for, ect.

rikka

Ange

Backstory: 

Ange was the result of a fling between her adventurer of a father and her mother who is a member of an amazon tribe.  Not wanting to be tied down, Ange’s father left her mother to bore her alone.  Ange would always ask about her father, and her mother would tell her of the wondrous exploits he’d confided to her.  This ignited Ange’s desire and dream of wanting to go to the places her father went, and more, and make her own adventures.

Time passed by, and as Ange grew to a robust and promising member of the amazon tribe, she and the others of the village, would notice the intermittent arrival of ‘skyboats’ and with them outsiders who have come seeking thrills and treasures in their lands.  The amazons would not mind them as long as they respected their territories, and that they are on their own when facing the land’s many perils.

Ange would try and make contact with these outsiders, to learn more about the world where they came from, the world where her father came from.  In exchange she would offer her services as a guide and part-protector for the often overconfident and naïve adventurers in their ventures.  Eventually only hearing of tales of the outsiders’ world wouldn’t be enough to sate Ange’s curiosity, she had to go there and see it for herself.  With a help of a couple of outsiders they helped Ange to stow aboard their airship when it was time to return to the mainland.  Upon arriving to civilization, Ange appearance would cause quite a stir that would attract clients and sponsors that would like to recruit someone who came from the savage lands.

Ons/Offs

Kunoichi

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 09:12:47 PM
So if we increased it to 3, how do you imagine your characters have been getting along in the world of adventuring- what kind of quests they did or what they're hoping for, ect.

Yuffi won't have been an official adventurer, but her habit of getting easily distracted will probably have gotten her into similar lines of work as the standard grunt adventuring duties, in addition to her actual job as a barmaid.  Basements full of rats, attics full of spiders, an old orcish man who was convinced that his bath was haunted by ghosts and wanted the help of a beautiful young lady or two to guard him while he bathed, that sort of thing. :P

Actually, I imagine that requests like the latter were probably more common than the former two, but she still would have at least gotten enough actual experience to train herself up to the level of skill represented by being level 3.

ExisD

Mags would have been socializing with the patrons that she had access to, which is actually a good number thanks to that background power. She'd have been trying to been an extra for some higher level adventurers for early exposure and go solo in more public venues afterward. Acting as a showoff the entire time when she could get away with it, while taking tasteful armor damage of course. She probably would've had a couple of more sexual loses through over extending.

DomJoe

Shala will have likely been involved in a few adventures by now, usually as a back-up adventurer or someone doing low level jobs like clearing out an infestation of some sort. She has been lured to a couple high paying jobs, but they tended to be sexual in nature, and she refused them as they would damage the reputation of her dojo (even if her tenants may allow such acts). She has also found no success in promoting her dojo, and is still on the lookout for someone to sponsor her or get the word out. At the very least, however, she has been able to put the physical side of her training to the test, which has showed her that her form isn't perfect. She's been tweaking her technique and even trying to invent new ways to connect to nature, allowing her to tap into manifestations of the elements.

CeruleanSerenity

I do like the idea of starting at level 3. Then we'll be a bit stronger (and more) durable, while still being on the inexperienced side.

CeruleanSerenity, Etherealgirl: Nobody else has offered a cleric or druid..  ::)
Then cleric it is. I just need to settle on a picture... and I tend to be slow with that, so maybe finishing by tonight was a little too optimistic of me...

I do rather like this, though as D&D adventure as it is, I'm not sure "life domain cleric" would be the first thing to come to anyone's mind on seeing that. ...But still...

Inerrant Lust

I should note, the sphere of influence the Games has over the main continent is pretty advanced... while the division between the 'civilized world' and the 'uncivilized world' is fairly black and white. I imagine a lot of Barbarians are barbarians because of the way they fight- not necessarily their upbringing. Some might even be an act. I bet there would be plenty of well-read and cunning Orcs who play big dumb barbarians because there's more work for them that way. :P

That means the realm 'inside' Gaming is very safe. A lot of the danger has been pushed out towards the frontier, and that danger is constantly being sought out by adventurers. It's not quite a land where large bands of brigands roam... and if they did, there wouldn't quite be nobles hanging out around those areas. Nor would nobles be hanging out anywhere near a group of wild amazons. Essentially, adventurers do dangerous things so nobles don't have to. ;)

A group of brigands would not last very long before someone decided to make their deaths a spectacle to scry. Also, I figure that if a group of amazons existed within civilization, they would very quickly be 'marketed' and they would soon become assimilated into the nearby culture.

That being said, I did already have in mind that amazons existed in this setting- far to the south beyond the sea. It's a lot of jungle islands, and quite possibly a new continent. I doubt any nobles would be going so far away and risking their life and limb... adventurers assuredly. Ange could have been the child of an adventurer brought there when she was orphaned, but it is odd to bring your kid to an exotic land. Or, more likely, she's the result of an adventurer getting one of the natives pregnant. ;)

Adventurers who are popular enough will have their own airships, and the crew could consist of male and female sailors. Over a long voyage, Ange could be result of one such union... and it is entirely possible that the same scenario occurred, except her parents were transient members of the Gaming Ministry and not a Noble's convoy.

CeruleanSerenity; Considering that a sponsor would likely produce such a set of armor for you and encourage you to wear it.. it does fit within the context of the setting. :p As I mentioned elsewhere, I was hoping for a knight/paladin/cleric type character that would be normally very prim and proper... but finds that her sponsors/clients are constantly trying to get her to make the performance edgier and sexier.

I have been abusing Atroxa's character gallery as of late for ideas...

Rhaegar14

I vastly prefer the 3rd level start, as I can't do a multiclass character from 1st level (and thus you'd have to stage her encounter with the Imp for me). Also at 3rd level, the Ranger character could start with her pet; Beast Mastery is very mechanically subpar, but I'm pretty sure that if she has a wolf pet in a game like this then at some point somebody is gonna have sex with it lol. CeruleanSerenity also raises a valid point; I don't know if you've run 5e yet, InerrantLust, but I have, and it's very much back to the days of level 1 being fantasy Vietnam. First level characters run out of resources very quickly and go squish with excessive ease.

I also had an idea for an Oath of Vengeance Paladin who swore to avenge an older sibling that died in a high-profile game against some kind of famous monster (after all, if there are famous adventurers, surely certain monsters would gain reputations for being undefeated after a while). To get their shot at it, however, the Paladin will have to climb the ranks, and that may occasionally involve compromising their moral code. Not sure which gender I like better for that one. I'll flesh out some of them a bit more over the course of tonight (probably won't stat them until you've fully decided a starting level, though), and if you want to pick one of them so be it.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Inerrant Lust

Yeah, I've noticed in another game the difference between 1st level and 3rd can be quite substantial. This would be my first time GMing 5e, but at the same time... a lot of adventures are carefully monitored. There are scryings where people get wounded and even die... but when they do, usually something went wrong. There are 'snuff films' where 1st level adventurers get slaughtered, yes... but for the most part, the mass exported scryings are safe and happy little adventures where there is little risk of anyone actually dying. Most people simply don't want to see anyone get killed in front of them, particularly if they really enjoy that adventurer's exploits.

That being said, it happens from time to time and when it does- there's talk for awhile about illegalizing this or that or making adventuring safer.. a debate over providing a 'real' experience to the viewers and whether or not that adds to the quality of entertainment.. but little is changed. The Ministry sometimes even makes a profit off of it, as the adventurer might become more popular posthumously.

rikka

Thanks for that. I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Ons/Offs

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 04, 2015, 10:53:02 PM
CeruleanSerenity; Considering that a sponsor would likely produce such a set of armor for you and encourage you to wear it.. it does fit within the context of the setting. :p As I mentioned elsewhere, I was hoping for a knight/paladin/cleric type character that would be normally very prim and proper... but finds that her sponsors/clients are constantly trying to get her to make the performance edgier and sexier.

I have been abusing Atroxa's character gallery as of late for ideas...
Oh, I was just thinking about the type of equipment, not the style... leather armor and daggers aren't exactly stereotypical cleric gear. But there's nothing stopping clerics from using Dexterity as their main combat attribute. So maybe I'll stick with it.

I don't see my character as the prim and proper type; she might well have sponsors trying to sex up her adventures, but she's more the type to have fun going along with it... or push for it herself. Sex appeal is kind of her thing.

But I ought to go write up my character rather than just talking about her. Should I start her at level 3, then?

Edit: And two more questions... I was thinking of taking the Outlander background. Any suggestions on how that would fit in the setting? And equipment... I wanted to pick it out manually using the starting wealth in chapter 5. Would you like me to roll it here, or take the average or something else like that?

Apologies if this has been answered before... a lot has been going on and I might have missed something.

Rhaegar14

Lucretia von Grimm, Chosen of the Dark One
Race: Human
Class: Fiend Patron Warlock (primarily)
Background: Entertainer

History: Serra was born an utterly ordinary girl to human parents in one of the largest cities on the continent. Though not quite homeless, her parents were desperately poor, and many nights, a young Serra went to bed hungry despite their best efforts. For as long as she can remember, Serra has been surrounded by the Games, the favored pastime of nobles and peasants alike. Some of her earliest memories are of sitting on her father's shoulders, watching the daring heroes and heroines face off against mortal danger to compete for fame and fortune while he peddled whatever he could to try and feed his family.

As Serra grew older, she developed talents as an actress, and as a teenager, her good looks and convincing performance earned her a position among one of the city's theater troupes, though by no means a particularly large or famous one. For a time, things were better; she and her family were still poor, but there was always food on their table. Still, it was not to last. As the Games continued to grow in popularity, Serra's troupe could no longer compete, and their director went bankrupt. On the evening of the troupe's final performance, Serra portrayed their play's principle heroine, a knight named Lady Agatha who died in an act of heroic sacrifice at the story's end. After that final performance, she was approached by a viewer, a merchant who sponsored small-time adventurers in the Games.

After complimenting Serra on her performance, the man offered her a one-game contract for an amateur adventure. Serra was taken aback; she was hardly qualified. The merchant, however, insisted that the Games were a form of entertainment and required little real skill, and that she could ride on her talents as a performer to gain favor. Warriors are a dime a dozen in the Games, but it's only the characters that go far. After making his offer, the merchant told Serra his place of business and asked her to consider it. After a few days' thought, Serra found the merchant's shop and accepted his deal. Her new sponsor outfitted her in some basic equipment and funded the most basic of training, then arranged for her first adventure.

This first adventure culminated in a battle with a few skeleton minions. Though Serra's team was triumphant, she was the only adventurer eliminated from the Game. It had seemed that the merchant had exaggerated; Serra's lack of skill was indeed a problem in the Games. Still, viewers enjoyed watching her fail, so the merchant gave her a few more chances. All of them ended the same, with Serra eliminated before victory; and each time, she was denied her payment for her loss. Her sponsor was feeding her, but her parents were starving, and Serra grew increasingly desperate. She began to lose hope.

It was during this time that Serra was approached by a mysterious figure offering her the power to win. Only she knows how the deal was negotiated, or the price she paid. What is known, however, is that during her next adventure, Serra called herself by a new name; Lucretia von Grimm. Over the course of this adventure, Lucretia revealed magical powers she had not been seen using before, and with them she triumphed with ease.

Thrilled at her performance, the merchant eagerly offered her a contract for another game. Lucretia fell whole-heartedly into her new persona; Serra was a sweet, soft-spoken, and kind-hearted girl. Lucretia, on the other hand, was impulsive, merciless, and cocky. Lucretia had flair, but most importantly, she also had real power. Lucretia was fun to watch because she had the skill to back up her persona, and she quickly gained notoriety in the amateur circuit.

After a few more adventures with the merchant as her sponsor, Lucretia has been approached by a more prestigious sponsor offering her a higher-profile adventure -- her chance to take the next step in her career. Lucretia eagerly accepted this opportunity, and waits impatiently to meet her new companions in whatever the next Game has to offer her.

Chulanowa

well, I've decided I'll reprise another character of mine, and go with a
male hobling
... something (probably barbarian multiclass?) He might end up a very slim half-orc. Either way, he's green, has teeth and... other features  ;D

Etherealgirl

Poet

Backstory: 

"We are born of the Blood, and we die of the Blood.."

Words that the assassin guild known as "The Order" goes by. Poet was just a mute street urchin, scraping by day to day and avoiding rape. It was the Order that took her in, and gave her purpose. A normally secretive organization of talented cut throats, Poet quickly fell into their ranks. She thrived under the tutelage of stealth, deception, and murder.

Poet quickly rose through the ranks, taking to the training like a bird takes to flight. Small, nimble, and a calm-almost disconnected-personality made her one of the Order's proudest disciples. When it came to joining the Order fully, Poet had to kill her first person. The man she killed was some dock worker whom she watched for days. He had a family, and friends and on the third night Poet killed him. It didn't sit well with the young assassin, killing for no reason, and to this day she is still haunted by it.

More recently, The Order, capitalizing on the Game, decided to enroll Poet into the spectacle. With her skills, and their financial backing, the Order could become a quick 'cash for murder' enterprise. Some of the older members of The Order do not agree with this, wishing to remain in the shadows, but anyone who opposed The Order's new leader, ended up dead.

Tichondrius, the Order's leader knows what the people want. Sex and death. Poet would be walking advertisement for them. Utilizing the organizations view on the less armor the better, Poet would be eye candy and a cold reminder of the business opportunities the Order could offer.

Laughing Hyena

Jarek Shatterspine

Personality: Shatterspine is the epitome of stylish close quarters combat. It is all about the show for him when he is working. He is boisterous, direct and an utter showman. He knows he's there to entertain and as such he considers adventuring for what it is. A sport, akin to gladiator combat and the monsters are the opponents and the guilds are his sponsors. He likes the spotlight and seeks to remain within it as much as possible. Inside or outside of the sport he has built his life around he is quite ruthless in his conquests for to show mercy would displease the fans as the next adventure is always around the corner and determined as he is he intends to keep his star burning as bright as possible and keep rising through the fields.

Outside of the adventuring spotlight he is quite the rich nobleman as he had invested much of his earnings into living quite high off the hog so to speak. His money goes into luxuries and his job whenever possible. Often spending time with drink, food and pleasurable company. He lives by his reputation in the adventuring circuits and often is quite direct in explaining things to people, to the point of insensitivity. The truth comes out with him quite easily and to deny that is to deny himself. This life is all he knows or cares for and goes tooth and nail to defend it and himself.

Should he find alluring females he is quite lecherous but also quick with his tongue though he may have rotten luck in such endeavors all the same because of it. He isn't put down quickly by rejection however as little stops him from simply moving on. He considers every woman a new challenge akin to the sport and is exceptionally dominant but there are lines he refuses to cross and he refuses to compromise his own unspoken rules of conduct and may the gods have mercy on those who would try to force that issue.

Backstory: Jarek started arriving in the public eye in a minor role as a rookie "adventurer" starring in what was supposed to be a TPK feature event. The reason why was because being a noble within orc Scoiety meant one always was looking to get ahead of the competition. So one day as he hoped to star in an adventuring career of his own out of sheer boredom, a rival saw an opportunity to off Jarek Shatterspine. His men were to capture him, along with several other inconspicuous people that would not be missed, and alter the orcs appearance so that he was not able to be easily recognized. Once done the rival noble would pay a director handsomely to have a snuff adventure. Arrange a total party kill to make the death seem of Jarek's own volition. The formula for this was simple, get a bunch of novice adventurers to star in it with the promise of good money and good opportunity, and then get them all humiliated, exposed, abused and then killed off. It was incredible for ratings and it was quick cash for the director.

Jarek Shatterspine however was a orc at heart and after realizing the amount of danger they were in within the first encounter after a rather aggressive start in the challenge, he rallied the remaining party in an attempt to not just try and survive the adventure but escape the proverbial death sentence. That was their only chance. Jarek helped them escape from the dungeons first then made their way up into the caverns where the ruins were held. They avoided as much conflict as they could by turning the dungeon's monsters and traps against the others to try and kill two birds with one stone, solved the riddles with logic and guile and when needed ran like hell to escape. In short playing smart and not going all half cocked.

Losses were about half way through the party when they got near the caves entrance only to find that the director had sealed them in to try and make sure they couldn't escape. It was through his remaining companions however that Jarek survived as they braved an underground river in hopes of finding another way out through the waters. Each of them used Water Breathing to keep themselves alive at the point where they had to pull through the waters by a chain, air bubbles when they had to rely on that and stayed as close to the shallows as much as humanly possible. It was incredibly lucky Jarek survived all of it and the price was all but two of his companions. The remaining were all dead, enslaved, or worse. Upon reaching daylight they ran for their lives to try and put it behind them.

Jarek however could not let go of the horrors inflicted upon him by the director and swore revenge. Of which he has not yet gotten. That hellish adventure however gave him cult fame and vast experience and now being seasoned found legitimate sponsors. His formerly gentleman's persona was replaced by a ruthless man who thrives on aggression and ruthless executions whilst wearing what seems like minimal armor, relying on speed to win victories. Of which he did constantly. His fury within combat was fueled by his will of survival and anger by the first adventure he ever took part on. Whilst this has cooled over time and forged him into a now stylish adventurer of considerable wealth and enjoys the good life it brings, few would recall those times when that TPK director mentally scarred him. Perhaps its all an act in an attempt to hide the horrors experienced or they have twisted him into this state. Either way he continues his life and his hunt for the one who changed his life for good.

… Or at the very least that the fabricated gimmick he is going to go with. Indeed the whole thing was a fabrication for Jarek's adventuring career. The truth is far more mundane and downright petty. Dueling was losing a lot of it's enjoyment and the high life isn't quite so glamorous as it appears to the common folk. He basically got into adventuring because frankly he is completely and utterly bored and is a massive thrill seeker. However he is rich and he is capable as a swordsman and he brings both brutality and wits with him into battle.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 05, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
LH, your sheet is showing up blank.

Im aware of that. Im working on the sheet last after getting backstory and personality out of the way.

And we are done! Sheets all fixed up and ready.

la dame en noir

I haven't played DnD in such a long time =.= I think I will follow this thread!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Etherealgirl

Autocad

I'll be putting up an application today. Also, is there any last word on the starting level / gear / etc.?

Etherealgirl

Level 1 I believe. Standard starting gear with background and class?

Inerrant Lust

Rikka; Looks good. :P Very much a character that would be popular due to her exotic appeal, I think. And not just because I had a similar idea when I was thinking about writing this idea outside of a game format.  ::)

CeruleanSerenity: Fair enough. But yeah, level 3. And outlander would work fine, either as someone on the main continent to the east. (The Wildlands, they are known, and the last place you'll find stuff like centaurs, minotaurs, and all those usual things in a D&D game.) ...or someone on the newly discovered continent to the south, which is tropical. I believe Rikka's Ange is from there. I had in mind a meso-american style aesthetic and Yuan-ti are all over there. :P To the east in the Wildlands, probably more of a greek myth influence.

Yeah, you would be able to pick out your equipment using starting wealth. I trust you to roll it wherever. :P As an aside, wealth and equipment would work weird in this game. At low levels, you probably wouldn't have much. But sponsors will eventually want to arm and armor you so you don't make them look bad. Later on, adventurers start using gear from a certain smith or craft guild. Of course, those smiths and guilds will be advertised and pitched during the scryings...

Rhaegar14: I like it. I am curious to know more about her first adventure.. and was there any witnesses to her deal with the devil? If the adventure was being scryed, I do not imagine she'd be in the good graces of a lot of people. While there are evil adventurers and adventurers who probably consort with devils, there are very few openly evil ones.. or openly devil-consorting ones. ;) Granted, there are probably a lot of adventurers who hint about such things as part of their on-stage persona. They might even be pretty open about it, but they aren't being arrested constantly because there's the possibility it's one big act. ;)

Chulanowa; I dig it. :P Gimme teh fluff!

Etherealgirl: Might be a bit too... loli. Especially considering the image and that high elves reach adulthood at about 100 years.. Also the background might be a bit dark. I would say the setting is actually somewhat utopian. At least on the surface. You can probably tell that the Games have their own set of problems, but for he most part, the abundance of magic and technology are pretty good for the standard of living. That being said, I like the idea of a group like the Order using the Games as more or less an advertisement tool- but for the most part that would attract a lot of negative press. Killing and death happens during the Games, even in competitive 'PvP' events... but only because it's for sport. If the Ministry found out an assassin's guild was using their Games for business, they'd act pretty quickly. No place is exactly corrupt enough where murder is legal, even if you know the king/queen/mayor/ect. :P

The closest would probably be the Theocratic Union, where murders and power-grabs happen quite a bit.. but always behind closed doors and under the guise of elegant pageantry. A few brawls and scuffles and duels of honor occur, and when someone dies as a result, there are often lasting consequences for that person/family.

Hyena: Everything about that is pretty spot-on with how I imagined orc/Theocratic Union 'politics' and the seedy underbelly of low-budget snuff adventuring. Sounds like his first adventure was pretty much the Tomb of Horrors. :P Gaaah, I just read the part where all that is a lie. It's amazing though, and you had me fooled. ;) Most assuredly that story would get him some popularity. Like the image... save for the goatee. Shame that, but not a big deal. ;)

Autocad: Level 3. For now, use just starting wealth/gear.

A note to everyone... I think I will be running one group of five or so people, and ShadowFox89 will be running another group. His group will probably include more Non-Con and might cater a bit more to the bondage taste so if you have a preference for that, be sure to let us know. :P

Errr, did I miss anything?

DomJoe

I personally don't mind non con, but heavy bondage is one of my turn offs (I really should link the O&O post I made into my signature).

If the bondage isn't going to be that heavy, then I'd be down for either group. Otherwise, stick me in your group, Inerrant. I'm also glad to see we'll be able to have alot of players for this RP~

ExisD

Should we come up with some of the adventures that happen between levels 1 and 3, the things that our characters have gotten known for, or leave that nebulous?

Also, should we roll for hp or take the average.

I also don't mind non-con, but don't really like bondage too much.

rikka

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 05, 2015, 09:44:55 PM
Rikka; Looks good. :P Very much a character that would be popular due to her exotic appeal, I think. And not just because I had a similar idea when I was thinking about writing this idea outside of a game format.  ::)

Is folk hero okay with her, or is Ange more suited for the outlander background?

Ons/Offs

Inerrant Lust

ExisD: If it pleases you. :P Take average HP.

Rikka: Folk Hero works just fine. Could have done something heroic like slain some big beast that was troubling her tribe before she stowed away.

ExisD

Alrighty, I'm all up to date stats wise.

I'll figure out pre-game adventures in a bit. Would anyone else have been looking for teammates early on in their careers?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ExisD on March 05, 2015, 10:53:59 PM

I'll figure out pre-game adventures in a bit. Would anyone else have been looking for teammates early on in their careers?

I would not mind that.

DomJoe

I don't think Shala would have that many allies, unless if they showed an interest in her dojo.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: DomJoe on March 03, 2015, 10:54:42 PM
I know there's alot of interest for this RP already, but I'm throwing my hat into here as well. Maybe a monk character who needs to get quick coin in order to keep her dojo in business, possibly to advertise it a bit better as well.

Off topic: Laughing Hyena, did you use to go to the Legend of Krystal forums? I'm certain I've seen the same user name and profile pic there as well.

I still do but its a touch slow now there for me.

ShadowFox89

Bondage is going to be a thing insofar as being tied up or down, but no heavy long bondage scenes. Talking with Inerrant about the idea of, instead of dying and having to remake a character/wait for a res/out of the game, having a "bad end" where you character is molested rather than dead.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Ridiculous Battle Costumes

REALLY ridiculous battle costume

Slacking
Ogzi Thorn
(AKA Derk the Destined)
Hobling barbarian Adventurer!
(Sheet)

Background: Some adventurers are born into desperate poverty. others are born on the battlefield. Still others are descendants of gods or dragons. Sometimes though, they are born in a nondescript village with a doula tutting nearby, because a halfling and a goblin loved each other very very much. In fact pretty much everything about Ogzi's past was pretty bland, aside from the fact he was unusually tall for a hobling (four feet and six inches) and that it turns out he was pretty handy with an oven.
   He could have melted into obscurity like so many others, but no! That would not do for Ogzi? Having watched no small number of scried Adventures in his dozen-and-some years, he often fancied of his role in the affair. But alas, opportunity never seemed to rise, and he kept making a living on hte leavening of his loaves, and odd jobs, and other frustrating mundanities.
   Until he found the recruitment flier, gambled with people who probably don't take losing very well, and worked his hump off to get his Adventurer's license! Oh sure, it's taken a few cosmetic changes - Ogzi Thorn appears to the viewers as Derk the Destined, a barbaric tribesman from Lands Far Offâ„¢, in trademark horned helmet and random weapons (usually spiky!) but hey, that's showbusiness! Deep down inside, he's still the same old lovable Ogzi, right? Right?
   Well yes, actually.

The Interview
"Are you tired of living in fear that maybe that HOUSECAT is going to slit your throat while you sleep?
Are you tired of earning one silver piece a day doing unskilled labor while all the cool people go out on [/u]ADVENTURES?
Do you want to go out and earn THOUSANDS OF GOLD PIECES for HALF A DAY'S WORK?
Do you want to slay DRAGONS, bed foreign maidens, and plunder ancient dungeons?

If you said YES to any of these questions, you are eligible to be taken on contract in a local adventurer's guild TODAY. For just 10 insignificant gold pieces each, Rygar & Morvald Adventuring Guild Agency will set you up with a client and a sponsor to begin adventuring THE VERY NEXT DAY. Parties in excess of three members get a 2 gold discount!"
"Oh hell yes!" Ogzi breathed. He opened his hand, looking at, yup, one silver piece. And he still had pretzel dough under his nail! He slipped the coin into his pocket and gnawed the hardened flour out as he stared at the flyer. Ten gold pieces wasn't so insignificant, really. But he could maybe sell his belongings down on the Eei Bay. And there was that gnome wizard whose ads insisted you didn't really need kidneys... Ogzi shrugged. He'd figure it out! There was a harsh ripping noise as he yanked the flyer from its place on the signpost... leaving half of it ON the post. "Shoot. That always works in the books..." He gingerly removed that half, too, and scurried off to see about financing his dreams.

Some dream. Here he sat in a stuffy waiting room. A shaky-looking elf had just gotten called in, leaving Ogzi next in line. After him... Ogzi turned to evaluate the competition... A gnomish man, fez cocked low to his brow, wobbling his head to make the tassel sway. Most unusually, the gnome wore a pork chop tied around his neck. The hobling stared, unnoticed, and was just about to ask, when the interviewer's door swung open and a voice called, "Mr. Thorn?" Shaken from his bafflement, Ogzi hopped to his feet and passed the elf as he existed, looking completely stricken. Oh boy, what am I doing... Ogzi had time ot wonder before the door closed shut behind him.
   "Mr. Ogzi Thorn," the interviewer mused, her eyes on a form. Ogzi swallowed, watching the stunning half-elven woman as she perused. Afte a moment, she lifted a quill. "What is your profession, mr. Thorn?"
   "Oh! Uhm, I'm... I'm a pastry chef, ma'am..." Ogzi started, wincing inwardly. Pastry chefs don't go on adventures!
   "Mmmm. Pasty chefs don't go on adventures, mr. Thorn." Damn. She lifted her eyes up, then down to his height. "What brings you to my office, exactly. I didn't order any turnovers."
   Ogzi fought the blush of embarrassment. "Well, ma'am, it was either this or I would have to gnaw my own leg off to get out of that job..."
   The interviewer made a note. "Oh, would you... Well, that's something. It says here you enjoy... badminton?" an incredulous look from those ice-chip elven eyes.
   "Badminton and dodgeball, ma'am. I mean, I didn't ENJOY the dodgeball, see, I had this coach, and he had a sack of wrenches, and every time we-"
   "How many basilisks have you slain?" the half-elf interrupted, peering down her nose at the hobling.
   "B-beg pardon?" Ogzi stammered, nearly biting his tongue.
   "Basilisks. Lizards, of a sort, that turn their foes to stone with but a look. How. Many. have. You. Slain?"
   Ogzi stared, and cleared his throat. "Well. I once told off my Aunt Mazel after she got drunk and started a row on yuletide..."
   "And is your aunt Mazel a basilisk?"
   "Well, she kind of looks like one, in the right light? And she has this, you know, stare..." Ogzi shifted on his feet as the interviewer made another note on her paper. This was not going well.
   "Mister Thorn, have you ever held a sword?"
   "Lots of times!" Ogzi's chest puffed a bit, confident in his answer.
   "Have you ever held one when you weren't checking it into the cloakroom for someone else?" Ogzi's chest deflated and he could only mumble a reply. There was another pause as she wrote more. "And what, oh do tell, do you think you could bring to our organization?"
   "Oh! well! I was planning on taking a role as a paladin! I always wanted to be the big hero, you know, center stage, helping my party out, and..." Ogzi started ticking off one by one on his fingers.
   "Have you ever considered being a berserker?" The interviewer lifted a golden brow.
   "A bers... what? No, I've... Oh, how about a monk, you know, I could fly through the air with feet of fury and have wise sayings, like... hiyaaa!" Ogzi made a few chops and kicks in the air.
   "Yes, but have you considered a life of a berserkergang?"
   "What's a bers.. oh. A monk does not berserk" Ogzi huffed indignantly, seating his knuckles on his hips.
   "Well, we have an opening for a berserker."
   Well, that's just great Ogzi thought. He pursed his lips, and was just about to speak up again, when the blonde half-elf beat him to it.
   "Mr. Thorn, you seem to have no qualifications whatsoever. You baked cakes, got bored, and now you want to run off and fight dragons as a paladin. Not even one - one basilisk slain!" She eyed him over, one brow lifting. "Strip."
   "See, I was hoping to start on the bottom, get some experience and work my way up, maybe start with a skinny kob- wait, what?!" Ogzi's hands went to the buttons of his shirt, protectively.
   "Strip. If you're going to get eaten by a grue - and it happens more often than you think - I want our viewers go get the most of their darkvision, if nothing else. And frankly," she tapped the sheet, "Your options are limited. Let's see what the viewers might have to look forward to."
   A red flush burned beneath his green cheeks. For a moment, Ogzi hesitated... but you know what? This was show business. Swallowing thickly,, he began unfastening belts and unhooking buttons, shicking out of his (inexpensive) finery, ending with his undergarments shed atop that borrowed suit, both hands cupped as best he could over his groin.
   For a long moment, silence reigned in the office. Finally, the half-elf reached over to touch the message stone on her desk. "Chloe?"
   "Yes, Ms. Illivulliel?" came the voice of the receptionist though the magic of the stone.
   "Cancel my two o'clock. Something... is coming up." The elf's eyebrow rose as well.
   "Very well,. What should I do with Pork Chop?"
   "Well, he's been there two days, a few more hours won't hurt him..." The interviewer lifted her finger from the device and smiled at Ogzi. "We may have an opening for you after all, Ogzi."
   Ogzi gulped, and let his hands fall away.

Some undetermined time later, Ogzi left the interview office with a spring in his step and a soreness in his back, and a license in his pocket (as a berserker, naturally...). The gnome was still sitting there, still watching his tassel. This time, Ogzi had to ask... "Hey, what's... what's with the pork chop?"
   "I want to be a werewolf!" the gnome replied with a squawk, never looking away from his fez's tassel.
   Today had been a strange day, and Ogzi pressed his lips together as he left the office, determined to not make it any stranger...

Personality - Ogzi Thorn: Ogzi's a nice young man, really; he reads, he bakes, he writes and loves to dance, even (and he's pretty good at it, or so he's been told.) generally he's easygoing and friendly, though trends towards shyness in new groups or social situations - he's still not used to the "lifestyle" of an Adventurer. One development of his time "acting" though, is he's actually found some respect for his tribal heritage, however distant and diluted it might be - He's fiercely loyal and protective of his parties, both former and current, and while he'll happily laugh and trade insultsdirected at him, such bad attitudes towards his friends might get someone a foot to the groin.

Personality - Derk the Destined: Clad only in a loincloth and the horned helmet of his savage ancestors, it's Derk the destined! Hailing from the snarling wilderness of the far north, he is a brooding, dangerous predator, a wolf given humanoid form! Hundreds of skinny kobolds EVIL BASILISKS have fallen beneath his blades and bludgeons! SEE! him take on the armies of the Ghoul Lord Axenthertaupt! WITNESS! his rage unleashed upon those who would enslave his people! AWE! at the savage nobility as he stands alone and wounded to protect his fellows! LOVE! as the fair elven maidens of the Golden River thank him for defeating the river trolls of ancient! DERK THE DESTINED - lover! fighter! Savage! HERO! This SUNDAY at The Arena of Elemental EVIL! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Description: Some people have lost bets on what, exactly, Ogzi is. he's either unusually tall for a hobling, or unusually short for a half-orc. Four and a half feet tall mark him as a veritable giant among either of his parents' kin, and lends extra credence to his being a "Wildman from the savage north!" Most of that is, of course, show armor and gimiscky war-paint (and some of the argument is due to his wearing loincloths in battle.) Underneath the armor, he's apparently inherited the best features of both heritages; large, bright amber eyes, set into an impish youthful face that is quick to smile, dotted with a few freckles, some shades darker than the rest of his green skin. A pair of pointed ears poke out from his mob of of dark hair. Even when not "On Adventure," he's taken to wearing light clothing, or as little as he can, happy to show off the physique his new lifestyle has gotten form him - sleek, athletic muscles on an agile frame, almost feminine in some respects, at least out of costume.

Rhaegar14

Rhaegar14: I like it. I am curious to know more about her first adventure.. and was there any witnesses to her deal with the devil? If the adventure was being scryed, I do not imagine she'd be in the good graces of a lot of people. While there are evil adventurers and adventurers who probably consort with devils, there are very few openly evil ones.. or openly devil-consorting ones. ;) Granted, there are probably a lot of adventurers who hint about such things as part of their on-stage persona. They might even be pretty open about it, but they aren't being arrested constantly because there's the possibility it's one big act. ;)

I am fine with refining it (though we may want to discuss it over PM, rather than crowd the thread). The important thing was that she had her debut before she became Lucretia; I want to play with the whole corruption theme. Serra was a sweet girl, but Serra was powerless. With the power of her Pact and the mask of Lucretia to hide behind, I want to explore how much of her behavior is just her embracing the role; where does her persona end and her true self begin? As she becomes more powerful and successful, will she be able to keep them apart?

CeruleanSerenity

A note to everyone... I think I will be running one group of five or so people, and ShadowFox89 will be running another group. His group will probably include more Non-Con and might cater a bit more to the bondage taste so if you have a preference for that, be sure to let us know. :P
I think I'd prefer to be in your group, if that's all right - non-con and bondage really aren't my kind of thing, though bondage of the light variety isn't a deal breaker or anything.

But anyway, here's my attempt at a character... let me know if there's anything you'd like changed or added. Her vestments are just fine clothing I cut down on the weight for (I imagine they aren't very... expansive). And I just noticed there's a page at the end for languages and such, so I'll have to go in and fill that out properly...

Thalia Sylmae
(Gold roll)

Description: Born and raised in the Wildlands but enamored with civilized society, Thalia takes great care to maintain her appearance as a beauty with a wild edge. She's a tall, slender elven woman gifted with with a healthy helping of feminine curves and a body toned from a long-active lifestyle. Her lips are red and full, her eyes a verdant green, and both are expressive of a warm, inviting, and often playful personality. Her skin possesses a golden tan from long hours spent in the sun, and her hair is a deep blonde, worn loose and reaching halfway down her back. She invariably dresses in a manner that reveals more than it conceals - she had little use for modesty most of her life, and after seeing the reactions that got her, she's in no hurry to change.

History: It's no secret that interest in religion has waned throughout much of civilization. Without hardship driving mortals to turn to the gods and with the increasing allure of The Games to distract them, fewer participate in active worship with every year. Some might even say that the age of the gods is coming to an end. But not all faiths are content to sit back and fade into obscurity - the followers of Erytheis, goddess of life, fertility, and the wild have stepped up to adapt to this new world. Already a free-spirited lot, they have long begun to emphasize the pleasurable and erotic aspects of Erytheis' teachings, hoping to attract worshipers who might not otherwise give the goddess a second glance. Priests and priestesses are encouraged to promiscuity, travelers and locals alike are welcomed freely into temples to enjoy the delights they have to offer, and hardly a holy day goes by where life isn't celebrated with a feast and an orgy. Some few old enough to remember the old ways might shake their heads at this, but with the goddess' approval evident in the divine miracles her clerics continue to command, they can do little more than grumble as new worshipers stream into Erytheis' temples. Some even stay for more than an evening of pleasure.

Thalia was one of them. As a member of a small community of wood elves dwelling in the Wildlands, she lived off the land, hunting and gathering and having little contact with the world outside save for the occasional traveler. It wasn't a bad life, all things considered - harder and more dangerous than life in the big cities, perhaps, but free, and with an honest simplicity. But something had always nagged her from the back of her mind. Those snatches of stories and songs she heard from traveling merchants and adventurers gave her fleeting glimpses of the world beyond her wood, and the more she heard, the more she found she wanted to know. The catalyst was a priestess of Erytheis, an adventurer she met thrice. The first time they met, Thalia led her lost and thirsty party to a spring and told them the secret to escaping the woods, finding herself pleasantly surprised when the priestess offered to thank her with her body. The second time they met, the priestess and her fellow adventurers saved Thalia from a crazed owlbear, and while they lingered to treat her wounds, Thalia listened eagerly as the priestess told her all about her home, her goddess, the Games, and her life as an adventurer. The third time they met, the priestess came alone into the woods to find her, and as the two women lay in each others arms, offered to take the elven beauty to her temple to meet her sisters and see their way of life firsthand. She didn't even think of refusing.

And she found she didn't want to go back. As much as she loved her home, the civilized land of the west was an exciting new world full of magic and luxuries she had never imagined, and the longer she stayed the more she wanted to see it all. She took to life in the temple like a duck to water, and drawn by her old friend's tales of adventure and dreams of spread worship of Erytheis again across the land, it wasn't long before she decided to become an adventurer herself. Her life in the woods taught her the skills she needed to fight and survive, her initiation into the temple of Erytheis gave her divine power to heal the wounded and protect those in need, and her exotic past and natural beauty gave her the edge she needed to stand out. Her people had always been comfortable with their bodies and open with their sexuality, and that something so natural could be used to her advantage was an idea she found strange... but exciting. Happy to play the role of an exotic priestess of pleasure, she learned the boundaries of the Games and society well just so she could push them, and she lends a heaping dose of sex appeal to any group she joins alongside her healing magic and skill with bow and blade. Her adventures often take her into the wild and she rarely works alone; her talents are best used helping others, her long years in the woods serve her best put to the front, demonstrating her exotic past to the audience, and she enjoys the company of others too much to travel alone besides.

With the gold and fame her adventures earn, she hopes to reignite in western civilization the worship of the goddess that has infatuated her so, and if she can't... well, she's enjoying the attention too much to stop trying.

rikka

@CeruleanSerenity

Your character sheet is not loading properly.  It just shows: loading...

Ons/Offs

CeruleanSerenity

Oh, sorry about that... I think I had it set to private. Does the link work now?

Laughing Hyena

Lust it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. I'd prefer to be in your group.  ;)

Kunoichi

So... is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves wanting to see what would happen if Ogzi and Yuffi were to wind up on the same team together? :P

Feel free to stick me in whichever group my character would work best in, though.

rikka

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on March 06, 2015, 03:49:59 AM
Oh, sorry about that... I think I had it set to private. Does the link work now?

Perfect!

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 06, 2015, 03:56:18 AM
Lust it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. I'd prefer to be in your group.  ;)

Since there is a growing preference for non-NC and non-bondage version of the Games, I may appear to standout.  I prefer Shadowfox's group.  :P

Ons/Offs

Rhaegar14

Quote from: rikka on March 06, 2015, 04:08:35 AM
Perfect!

Since there is a growing preference for non-NC and non-bondage version of the Games, I may appear to standout.  I prefer Shadowfox's group.  :P

Nope. If Lucretia gets accepted she's definitely going with Shadowfox (though that's because he's also running the villain group). I'm gonna throw up another character idea for Lust's group so they can toss me in whichever needs more players, though.

Also, I modified her backstory like we discussed, Lust.

DomJoe

Shala's Sheet has been updated to level 3. Elemental monk go!

Also, I plan to add her dojo's main tenants to her character sheet today.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on March 06, 2015, 02:57:11 AM

I do so love cheesy old fantasy art  ;D

Actually been contemplating running a Pathfinder game based entirely around stuff like that, "The Mystical land of Elmore"

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 06, 2015, 04:04:19 AM
So... is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves wanting to see what would happen if Ogzi and Yuffi were to wind up on the same team together? :P

Feel free to stick me in whichever group my character would work best in, though.

I'm all for it!

And I'm in for Inerrant Lust's group - I've discovered that NC does nothing at all for me.

CeruleanSerenity

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 06, 2015, 12:54:09 PM
I do so love cheesy old fantasy art  ;D

Actually been contemplating running a Pathfinder game based entirely around stuff like that, "The Mystical land of Elmore"
That does sound like fun. I love cheesy fantasy art too; 2nd edition AD&D's artwork has always been some of my favorite in the line, and it's always fun to look at some of the stranger pieces by artists like Boris Vallejo and try to imagine the story behind them. This one is by an artist by the name of Lorenzo Sperlonga, though I'm not familiar with his work.

DomJoe

Quote from: DomJoe on March 06, 2015, 07:00:20 AM
Shala's Sheet has been updated to level 3. Elemental monk go!

Also, I plan to add her dojo's main tenants to her character sheet today.

As I said earlier, the major tenants of the Sunbreeze Dojo have been written up!

CeruleanSerenity

Hmm. I think Thalia and Shala actually have a lot in common... they're both wood elves who are adventuring for their dojo/temple and have a certain belief in... openness. I wonder how they would get along. I imagine Shala takes herself rather more seriously.

Oh, and this...
Thalia is a cleric, so she definitely would have. I would be fine with her knowing any of the other PCs from before the game begins, but of course, that would be up to their players and the GM.

ExisD

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on March 06, 2015, 04:47:05 PM
Oh, and this...Thalia is a cleric, so she definitely would have. I would be fine with her knowing any of the other PCs from before the game begins, but of course, that would be up to their players and the GM.

I'm definitely up for it, but it'll probably need to wait until groups are decided.

As for groups, wherever she fits better is good for me.

ShadowFox89

I should specify, for my group, there's not going to be exactly as much NC and bondage as everyone is comfortable with. If someone doesn't want to be in an NC scene, you simply have to poke me in PM. If someone doesn't like bondage, I won't include it.

Basically, give me a list of what you wouldn't want to see and what you would. I will try to make sure what you want to show up in the game show up (I do have a fondness towards tentacles....) and will certainly make sure what you don't want to show up, doesn't. The main idea with my group will be an analogue to Heels from pro wrestling. You're there to be the guy everyone loves to hate or loves because they aren't the standard hero.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

DomJoe

Inerrant Lust

So it looks like...

I'll be DMing for;
ExisD (Half-Elf Warlock)
Kunoichi (Yuffi, Hobling Rogue)
Hyena (Jarek, Orc Fighter)
Chulanowa (Ogzi, Hobling Barbarian)
ShadowFox89 (Sirona, Wood Elf Barbarian)

And shadow will be DMing for;
Rikka (Ange, Human Barbarian)
DomJoe (Shala, Wood Elf Monk)
Rhaegar14 (Serra/Lucretia, Human Warlock)
CeruleanSerenity (Thalia, Wood Elf Cleric)
With room for one or two more.

That's you, autocad and etherealgirl. ;) If not, I might just put a chaste paladin. Maybe. Not sure how that would work for a heel group. Though, of course, the heel thing could always be just an act that is considered the team's shtick. Actually.. that might just work.

Autocad

I'm here and working on my character application to account for the whole heel schtick, hamming it up and what-not. Or maybe a chaste paladin, you never know~

ShadowFox89

In all honesty, I'm going to be playing Sirona like a female version of the Rock.

DO YOU SMELL! WHAT THIS ELF IS COOOOOOOOOKING?!?!??!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Ah, nice, glad to see which team I'm on. ^^ Yuffi's character sheet is fully-updated and ready to go.

MiraMirror

I'm likely going to withdraw from this, as the monk-ness showgirl bit is sort of done already, and I feel like I'd be making a clone at this point. *Nod nod*

CeruleanSerenity

Um, I was thinking your group might be better for me, Inerrant Lust, rather than Shadow's group... I'm sure it can work out either way, but I thought I should say something in case that was just a mistake.

ExisD

Added a little more to my backstory and I think her group is exactly the type of people she'd have been looking for to team up with.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on March 07, 2015, 01:28:32 AM
I'm likely going to withdraw from this, as the monk-ness showgirl bit is sort of done already, and I feel like I'd be making a clone at this point. *Nod nod*

Could always make something else with a different concept.

Inerrant Lust

I am doing a somewhat massive restructuring of the fluff and the map. :P

But we will begin shortly. My hope is by monday..

DomJoe

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: DomJoe on March 07, 2015, 06:20:06 PM
Then we shall all wait with baited breath.

Not sure if you recalled your question but yes I am the same Hyena from the LoK forums.

DomJoe

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 07, 2015, 06:25:06 PM
Not sure if you recalled your question but yes I am the same Hyena from the LoK forums.

Yeah, I thought so, you did look familiar.

Inerrant Lust

Idly, I started sketching characters... but found that because everyone used images, that I was just copying those things. <_<

If you want, I'll draw your characters when I find the time.. but I'm not thrilled about just redrawing someone else's design if you used some found art. I think Ogzi is an exception- have you commissioned all those, Chulanowa? :P

Also, the Elliuki has seen some changes. And will continue to do so. :P I confess I am having trouble thinking of an initial adventure on my end. The last time, it was a bunch of mini-adventures that foreshadowed future things which would happen in the plot... but since my group consists of three of the four people in the original game (Why did that die, again?  :-\), I am hesitant to rehash old things. Even though I think I will just keep with that same plot arc since it was just on the cusp of being started... :P

I suppose I'll ask what you'd like to see in a first warm-up thing, then.

The OOC thread will be up tomorrow, likely. While we're waiting, feel free to ask me any questions. I need to flesh out the setting more, anyways... :P

Rhaegar14

Okay, looks like Lucretia is in ShadowFox's group. Fox, I will tell you that my list of Off's pretty much starts and ends at scat, so there will be others in our group that you will squick out long before me.

Now, to my fellow Heels, I am ALMOST done with Lucretia's character sheet, but am not sure what to focus her on, and the difference ultimately comes down to her Human bonus feat. I can either give her Sentinel and make her a tank, or Polearm Master so she hits like a truck. What do you all think?

rikka

Lust, please do an alternative sketch for Ange, perhaps something you envisioned from before! :P

Ons/Offs

Kunoichi

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 07, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Idly, I started sketching characters... but found that because everyone used images, that I was just copying those things. <_<

Given that the picture I'm currently using for Yuffi is one of Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest 8, I certainly wouldn't mind getting a piece of original artwork for her instead. :P Here's a description for her, if that will help at all.

Euphemia 'Yuffi-hama' Lovelace is a cheerful hobling girl who up until recently made her living working as a barmaid in a tavern located in a small town in the Theocratic Union, close to the border between the Union and Midlaire.  At 3 feet, 6 inches in height she is definitely on the short side when compared to the 'typical' member of her race but, almost as if to make up for this fact, the gods seem to have blessed her with a very generous figure.  From her goblin mother she inherited a striking green complexion, with a splashing of darker green freckles across her face and upper body, while she inherited her halfling father's dark brown eyes and bright, almost flame-colored red hair.

For her adventuring career, Yuffi plans to dress in the uniform she was given when she first started working at the tavern, an almost stereotypical german-styled barmaid costume.  It was given to her before her figure had really filled out all the way, so it takes her a little work to get it on and she usually looks like she's at risk of popping right out of it while wearing it, but it's one of her favorite outfits due to certain sentimental values it holds for her and it was certainly popular with all the customers back at the tavern, so she intends to keep wearing it in the Games.

(Why did that die, again?  :-\)

As I recall, we hit a point where people weren't posting due to being uncertain of what to have their characters do, and once that was worked out, we weren't able to get our momentum back and the game wound up stalling. ^^;

It's too bad I wouldn't be able to play as Ellen in 5th edition, though.  'Ghost Paladin Mom' wound up making for a fun character concept.

CeruleanSerenity

I would love to see a sketch for my character, if you ever feel like it. Choosing a picture to represent my character is always difficult for me, since I tend to be picky about them... if I had any artistic talent, I would probably stick to drawing something rather than hunting through pictures. So I could describe my character in more detail any time, if you want to do an alternate take any time.

Rhaegar14

Oh, also, did EtherealGirl drop out? Poet seems like she would be a good fit for a Heel group, and looking at party comp we are currently pretty much hosed by anything remotely resembling a trap.

Chulanowa

Well... nooo  :-[ They're images i collected after finding one and going "AHMAGAH THAT'S PERFECT!"

(cough) i certainly wouldn't mind an alternative, if you were gonna do it anyway  ;D

Autocad

Apologies to all for the delay, but I finally finished my character application! I would be happy to join Shadow's team of heels (delicious tentacles and bondage!). I've have pretty much no offs other than furries, gore and scat, so feel free to go all kinky.

I don't recall seeing the question asked before (if it was, I missed it), but I went with the Variant Human with a feat, hope that's fine.

Valerie de Siles
Last Baroness of Siles

Viola Sigma
Magical Femme Fatale
Valerie "Viola Sigma" de Siles
Human Wild Sorceress 3

Origin:

The House of Siles has existed for many years in quiet obscurity, a minor barony ruling over their modest holdings from Castle Siles. They would have probably continued to exist for many years more, the title passing on from father to son and occasionally daughter or nephew or niece (the women to be wed matrilineally without exception, their children to carry on the name of de Siles), had not one of them, the great-grandfather of Valerie, taken offense to the prophecies of a traveling fortune-teller. He imprisoned the old woman in the dungeons, where she soon died, but not before cursing the House of Siles with ill fortune with her final breath.

And so the long decline of the de Siles family began, their lands plagued by bouts of famine, disease, and bandit raids. The last Baron of Siles was a man with too much anger in his heart and too much alcohol in his liver. Worst of all, he gambled too much, losing more gold in a single night of games than his predecessors before him had lost in a lifetime. Every ancestral treasure of de Siles, down to the last copper piece, was eventually frittered away, and when the family wealth - its assets modest to begin with - was exhausted, he went into debt to maintain his gambling habit. Valerie herself was conceived to the click-clack of rolling dice, and her birth - which her mother did not survive - was ignored by her father, lost as he was in wine and cards.

Valerie became Baroness of Siles in her teens after her father finally drank himself to death. He left her a mountain of debts taller than the crumbling ruin that Castle Siles had become after decades of neglect. She hadn't even finished burying him in the family graveyard when the first of his creditors rolled up in an expensive carriage, demanding to be repaid. Armed with papers and lawyers, the creditors descended like a swarm of vultures upon a carcass, seizing and dividing the ancestral lands and castle between them, denying even a dignified end to the House of Siles. One of the creditors, dissatisfied with his meager share of the liquidated assets, went so far as to try to claim the rest of his "payment" from Valerie's body...

...and that was when her pet cat, Sir Purrcival, leapt valiantly to her rescue, clawing at the villain's arm and forcing him to beat a hasty retreat! That night, to her great surprise, Sir Purrcival spoke to her (not literally, it was more of a psychic connection). The late Baron of Siles, for all his gambling losses, had won one game, it turned out - in his gambling he had sacrificed all he had on the altar of luck, and amused the mysterious forces of the cosmos enough for them to grant him a single unasked boon: the fortune-teller's curse of ill fortune lifted from his seed and replaced with a mote of power. A mote by divine standards, which was more than most mortals would ever wield in a lifetime, for her to awaken now in her hour of need by uttering the fateful words:

"Little star, twinkle far, heroes charm and villains char!"

By these words, Valerie de Siles became Viola Sigma, a sorceress who held the arcane forces at her beck and call. When she had overcome her foe or challenge, her transformation would end and she would revert back to being Valerie. In an ancient time, the Baroness with no barony might have gone adventuring with her newfound power, to gain enough gold to pay off her father's debt and reclaim her lands. The present time was no different, except that Gaming had supplanted adventuring. And that was how Valerie de Siles, penniless noble who lost her rightful ancestral home to the evil clutches of bankers and creditors, began her adventuring career in the Games. All this, her origin story, was conveniently recorded, of course.

The fall of Valerie de Siles and the rise of Viola Sigma:

Valerie de Siles was a landless and penniless noble whose title was exactly just that - a title, and nothing more. She was powerless, something proven all too well in her first few adventures, where she confronted her father's creditors in an attempt to reclaim her ancestral holdings, whether through pity or deal. The more honourable ones laughed in her face and shooed her out. The less honourable ones also laughed in her face, but had no intentions of letting the young beautiful woman leave, and they had the goons to back up their own perverted intentions. Valerie de Siles transformed into Viola Sigma, incapacitated the minions ordered to capture her and made her escape.

For the first time in her life, she experienced power. A better woman might have used her ability for good, to stand up for the weak and oppressed. Not Valerie de Siles, not Viola Sigma, neither of whom had seen someone fight for good and justice and prevail. No, the successful ones were always those who picked on the weak and powerless, to take everything away while their victims could do nothing more than watch helplessly. Having been a victim most of her life, now that she had a taste of the pleasures of the other side, she finally understood what drove them to do so - and there was no way she was ever going back.

The creditors too powerful to be overcome directly, Valerie saw no choice remaining but to either become stronger or find the gold to pay them off, somehow. Both ways involved finding those challenges she could overcome, whether for the learning experience or simply for loot, and it didn't matter whether they were innocent or not, whether they deserved it or not - after all, they were nothing more than steps to be trod underfoot as she ascended the long climb to glory.

Inerrant Lust

Heh. I love it. :P

But there's a lot of bandits in people's backstories.. I always kind of figured that it would be more profitable (and safe) to be an adventurer than a brigand. They are essentially the same thing, if you consider the victims are just monsters and someone else is paying you to beat them up. ;)

Of course, crime isn't completely eradicated. I've decided the climate is mostly temperate, and a little bit warm. Adventuring has created a lot of fads and fashion somewhat revolves around it. In the summer, its common for ordinary people go around wearing clothing that's somewhat revealing. Whereas your ordinary person before Gaming became popular would probably come straight out of a textbook.

Normally, I loathe that aesthetic.. What self-respecting female adventurer would go around wearing armor that doesn't protect her? Why kingdom hearts levels of belts and straps? Because the whole setting was a thought experiment about how such bizarre things could naturally develop, and what a world would be like if you did not divorce an MMO's gameplay from an MMO's setting/characters. :P

But I digress...

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 07, 2015, 11:23:47 PM

I don't mind you putting your own spin on things. Mostly because Jarek is in his noble attires with a bad hair day on that one. Could always have him with his hair pulled back, his goatee shaved and his scale armor on. Something like this.

Gaming Armor

Chulanowa

Assymetrical shoulder armor really, truly tests me. Especially if it's not on the leading arm. So doopid

Inerrant Lust

I'm right there with you, Chulanowa. :P

Except that it totally fits in this setting.  ::)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 08, 2015, 02:16:17 PM
Assymetrical shoulder armor really, truly tests me. Especially if it's not on the leading arm. So doopid

Yeah yeah yeah, I know but it was the only one I could find.

Chulanowa

Let's just hope he doesn't have to fend off left-handed axe weilders  ;D

ShadowFox89

I figure I should actually post my own character.

Name: Sirona
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Barbarian
Quote: What? Not distracting you, am I?

Physical Description
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sirona is a slim bodied elf with curly hair that reaches her waist. Standing at 6'2 with almond eyes and a slim nose, a smirk from full lips ever present on her oval face and ears pointing through her hair that distinctly mark her as an elf. She wears no clothing, save for a belt that holds her sword. Like all elves, she has no hair save for what is on her head and her beasts are just large enough that they provide a distraction to others in combat- without hindering her own movement. The most distinct feature about her, however, is the tattoo that covers her torso. Starting from her groin, it is of vines and leaves that reach upwards and curl about her breasts, before branching across her shoulder.

Background
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Hailing from lands far to the East, Sirona is from what most folk would call "uncivilized lands". There, strength is shown in power over others. Power over others, power to take what you wish from them. Sirona grew bored with such struggles and heard of the grand games to the west, where people proved their power by putting on grand shows. With only her cloak and blade, she made her way to the west. There, starting in New Dazsu, she began to make a name for herself. Dressed in nothing but a cloak wrapped about her body, wielding nothing but her trusty sword, she dazzled audiences with brazen displays and taunt to her foes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ExisD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 10:38:21 AM
Heh. I love it. :P

But there's a lot of bandits in people's backstories.. I always kind of figured that it would be more profitable (and safe) to be an adventurer than a brigand. They are essentially the same thing, if you consider the victims are just monsters and someone else is paying you to beat them up. ;)

Of course, crime isn't completely eradicated. I've decided the climate is mostly temperate, and a little bit warm. Adventuring has created a lot of fads and fashion somewhat revolves around it. In the summer, its common for ordinary people go around wearing clothing that's somewhat revealing. Whereas your ordinary person before Gaming became popular would probably come straight out of a textbook.

Normally, I loathe that aesthetic.. What self-respecting female adventurer would go around wearing armor that doesn't protect her? Why kingdom hearts levels of belts and straps? Because the whole setting was a thought experiment about how such bizarre things could naturally develop, and what a world would be like if you did not divorce an MMO's gameplay from an MMO's setting/characters. :P

But I digress...

I think I might need to find a sexier outfit for adventuring. Well an easy one would be having her tights be a bit more skintight, likewise everything that isn't her jacket on top.

rikka

Quote from: ExisD on March 08, 2015, 05:38:34 PM
I think I might need to find a sexier outfit for adventuring. Well an easy one would be having her tights be a bit more skintight, likewise everything that isn't her jacket on top.

I think her outfit is skintight and sexy enough.  :P

Ons/Offs

Inerrant Lust

Yeah, that's an amazing picture you've found, ExisD. :P

Also, the more I think about it- the more Magdalene might fit in better with Shadow's group and Thalia with mine.. if we're going face/heel. Though I figured I'd take all the original members.  ::) Some idle stuff I've done so far. As you can see, didn't even finish poor maggie's feet and god knows what her fingers are doing. Not quite pleased with how Ange turned out, either. Grrr.

Laughing Hyena

Aw but she's an adorable bartender hobling. How could you not see her as the mischievous part of the heroic team.

Inerrant Lust

That's kunoichi, I meant the fey'touched' warlock. Very touched.. ;)

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 06:33:06 PM
That's kunoichi, I meant the fey'touched' warlock. Very touched.. ;)

Still need some hexed love in my party I think. ^_^

rikka

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on March 08, 2015, 06:06:12 PM
Not quite pleased with how Ange turned out, either. Grrr.

Personally I like it, you're getting there. Though I want her to have more hair. :P

Ons/Offs

Rhaegar14

Here is Lucretia's character sheet. I'll be updating the post with her profile with a link to it.

Inerrant Lust

I apologize for the delay. I am super exhausted today, more than I expected to be after work...

But here we go for the OOC thread. Also some issues regarding exactly how we'll handle the party composition...