News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Re: What are you listening to right now? (Part 1) (Archive)

Started by Mithlomwen, February 10, 2009, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrael Annavianna

When forgiveness is being able to move past the pain; what happens when you can't forgive yourself?

Kitsunetsuki

[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Azrael Annavianna

When forgiveness is being able to move past the pain; what happens when you can't forgive yourself?

Kitsunetsuki

[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Bubbles

A/AO/O's
No more RP's.I am swamped for now.

Autumn52

Azrael Annavianna

MrDiamondBackJack

A powder pink tuxedo with a white cumberbun and white wingtips and top hat.  (Scrubs, of course, though I changed things up with a DARK blue top this time, instead of my usual light blue one.)

"It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to answer.  That was retorical."- Glinda (Wicked)

Autumn52

Autumn52

Autumn52

Azrael Annavianna

Coreli

A response to a question from Xandi:

Great follow up question, and yes, even more so I think. But when words and music are combined, well, the result can be magical. I particularly love when a "Leitmotif" is used properly, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitmotif) helping you easily understand what emotions the composer wants you to experience as the story unfolds. It's that moment of connection, when you can experience the joy, pain, sorrow, pleasure or triumph that that the composer and/or lyricist are trying to share.

As for my favorites - a bit more difficult to answer. My taste vary quite a bit and cross all genres of music. As long as there is an emotional element that conveys a story, I care little for the genre it lives in. There are some amazing country songs and hip-hop songs that have moved me, but I would never say i am a fan of either styles.

That being said, here a a few that come to mind -

Glen Hansard - “Leave” Glen Hansard "Leave" - Live at Stubb's BBQ

William Fitzsimmons - "It's Not True" William Fitzsimmons "It's Not True" Official Video
or "if You Would Come Back Home" YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Gary Jules - "Mad World" Mad World - Gary Jules

Vega Choir - "Creep" Creep - Vega Choir
– Original by RadioHead - "Creep" Creep - Radiohead

Puccini - Tosca: "E lucevan le stelle"

Il Divo - " Hallelujah" Il Divo - Hallelujah

Sorry for the long response - great topic to discuss.

– Coreli

Coreli

Sorry - still figuring it all out - thought I would try one last time -

Quote from: Coreli on September 14, 2010, 09:04:46 AM
Great follow up question, and yes, even more so I think. But when words and music are combined, well, the result can be magical. I particularly love when a "Leitmotif" is used properly, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leitmotif) helping you easily understand what emotions the composer wants you to experience as the story unfolds. It's that moment of connection, when you can experience the joy, pain, sorrow, pleasure or triumph that that the composer and/or lyricist are trying to share.

As for my favorites - a bit more difficult to answer. My taste vary quite a bit and cross all genres of music. As long as there is an emotional element that conveys a story, I care little for the genre it lives in. There are some amazing country songs and hip-hop songs that have moved me, but I would never say i am a fan of either styles.

That being said, here a a few that come to mind -

Glen Hansard - “Leave” Glen Hansard "Leave" - Live at Stubb's BBQ

William Fitzsimmons - "It's Not True" William Fitzsimmons "It's Not True" Official Video
or "if You Would Come Back Home" YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Gary Jules - "Mad World" Mad World - Gary Jules

Vega Choir - "Creep" Creep - Vega Choir
– Original by RadioHead - "Creep" Creep - Radiohead

Puccini - Tosca: "E lucevan le stelle"

Il Divo - " Hallelujah" Il Divo - Hallelujah

Sorry for the long response - great topic to discuss.

– Coreli

Bubbles

A/AO/O's

despickable

@ Corelli a very electic array of music there. Good taste is a reward in itself

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Autumn52

Thanks Coreli, as you can see others are enjoying your music taste as much as I do.

Bubbles

sidenote: I translated into english the song artist and the song title,since he is romanian xD

Smiley- Leaving on Mars.
A/AO/O's

Cassiopeia

Coreli

Quote from: despickable on September 14, 2010, 10:41:28 AM
@ Corelli a very electic array of music there. Good taste is a reward in itself

Thanks Des - appreciate your reply. Music can be such an important inspiration - and as I stated, when combined with the right words - powerful.

Coreli

Quote from: Xandi on September 14, 2010, 10:47:09 AM
Thanks Coreli, as you can see others are enjoying your music taste as much as I do.

Thanks for the recommendation Xandi - found some music here as well that I will need to look into. – C

Bubbles

A/AO/O's